Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
So I'm a Spider, So What? (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Feb 23, 2020 1:46 PM
Jan 2019
Well as someone who's familiar with manga as well as light novel I anticipated Anime adaptation for a quite a while Pv made me doubt myself a little but I still hope our dear Lord Okina Baba-sensei is active enough to not doom our newly awakened spider fetish for a painful downfall(what? just me? alllright)
well joking aside it's been so long and date of airing is so vague its gonna be seriously disappointing if not much actually improves
eather way little more guys juust a little and we're there, whatever it is its closer
Feb 27, 2020 11:27 AM
Dec 2017
It's never early to get excited for our Spider Overlord.
Mar 10, 2020 8:43 AM
Feb 2018
I just hope it doesn't get the Arifureta treatment. That is all I am asking for, I don't care if it has CG, I just don't want the story to be butchered.
Mar 13, 2020 10:00 PM
Feb 2020
It's been a while since the PV so hopefully they have made that blue dragon better and tweaked the spider's design.
Mar 14, 2020 7:29 AM
Oct 2019
YeetBeetle said:
It's been a while since the PV so hopefully they have made that blue dragon better and tweaked the spider's design.

Honestly, can we stop bitching about the design of Kumoko? I'm getting tired of telling people that the design is from the Light Novel and not from that stupid ass manga!

Altho, yes, I think Alaba could be done better, hope they fixed him. I dont' care about cgi, but if it's Silver Link animating this (as some people think) then I'd say the changes would be barely noticeable but it shouldn't look like that after all the backlash from the people.
Mar 18, 2020 11:11 AM

May 2014
I am also much more worried about the story getting butchered than the visuals. Recent isekai adaptations and the manga for this very series are precedent enough. Not to mention, this kind of plot structure is challenging to adapt in general.

Sure, if you can improve some of the CGI, why not? Either way, I hope it won't become one of those "CGI vs no CGI" wars that essentially ignores everything else.
Mar 30, 2020 7:33 AM

Jan 2015
TheDeedsOfMen said:
I am also much more worried about the story getting butchered than the visuals. Recent isekai adaptations and the manga for this very series are precedent enough. Not to mention, this kind of plot structure is challenging to adapt in general.

Sure, if you can improve some of the CGI, why not? Either way, I hope it won't become one of those "CGI vs no CGI" wars that essentially ignores everything else.

Honestly me too. It would need 12 episodes alone for Kumoko to get out of the labyrinth
Apr 1, 2020 12:28 AM

Mar 2016
so how is covid-19 affecting the schedule
"I like young-girl sexual creations, Lolicon is just one hobby of my many hobbies," he says.
I ask what his wife, standing nearby, thinks of his "hobby".
"She probably thinks no problem," he replies. "Because she loves young boys sexually interacting with each other."
Apr 1, 2020 1:02 AM
Jul 2019
i can't help but wait on this one , probably anyone who have read this have the same excitement as i feel rn .
Apr 3, 2020 8:59 PM

Oct 2014
I’ve been reading the light novel and love it. I hope that this is an accurate adaption and that the cgi isn’t too bad. Does anyone know how many volumes they’re adapting and how many eps there'll be? Personally I hope that it 2 cour and adapts 4 volumes.
purpleninja0006Apr 5, 2020 2:49 PM
Sasuke or Kaneki I can't decide
Apr 7, 2020 6:22 PM
Jan 2020
Aghhh i can’t wait !!! The story is kinda complicated ¿ so I hope the anime adaptation gets 20 episodes or more but I don’t think that will happen :( I just hope that the anime doesn’t feel “rushed” .
Apr 21, 2020 1:38 AM

Jan 2015
svntn said:
Aghhh i can’t wait !!! The story is kinda complicated ¿ so I hope the anime adaptation gets 20 episodes or more but I don’t think that will happen :( I just hope that the anime doesn’t feel “rushed” .

This has been under production for two years now (or maybe even more), so it will most likely get 24 episodes
May 2, 2020 3:55 PM
Jan 2019
Xenocrisi said:
svntn said:

This has been under production for two years now (or maybe even more), so it will most likely get 24 episodes

Very positive thinking
Although definitely true it's taking ages but I don't think we should get our hopes up too much man
I honestly wouldn't be surprised if airing got pushed for another year too
May 4, 2020 9:10 PM

Jul 2016
Im sure the possible airdate is Fall 2020 but with the delays. 2021 is the optimistic choice to ensure no delays or drop in quality.

May 24, 2020 11:27 AM
Mar 2016
As far as I like the Manga Kumoko better, I understand why they made from the Light Novel visual. I can only hope that they make Kumoko do the poses she does in the Manga.
I really really want news about this anime even if is to say it got delayed again
May 26, 2020 8:05 AM

Apr 2013
Well I've held back reading ahead for 23 months since the announcement... but i lost patience lol

I've read up to volume 8 of kumodesu now... from the light novel. In just the past week. But i have to say... volume 7 is by far the funniest and most random volume of all lol. I wanna see a movie or something made out of it.

Jun 8, 2020 1:56 AM

Dec 2015
damn. still no new news yet? damn.
just an ol school otaku enjoyin the life. don't sass me kiddies, i've been otaku probably since before you were born. leave me in peace and i won't bother you either.
Jun 9, 2020 12:47 PM
Dec 2017
I've been waiting since the announcement, I've totally forgot about it until today. Now I'm hyped for nothing.
Jun 29, 2020 6:36 PM
Feb 2020
Keitasky said:
YeetBeetle said:

Honestly, can we stop bitching about the design of Kumoko? I'm getting tired of telling people that the design is from the Light Novel and not from that stupid ass manga!

Altho, yes, I think Alaba could be done better, hope they fixed him. I dont' care about cgi, but if it's Silver Link animating this (as some people think) then I'd say the changes would be barely noticeable but it shouldn't look like that after all the backlash from the people.
I posted this before I read the manga and the light novel. I'm fine with spider design now.
Jun 29, 2020 7:29 PM
UltimateEnforcer

Apr 2015
Looks more like a fusion of both ln and manga design imo
Jul 1, 2020 12:36 AM
Oct 2019
YeetBeetle said:
Keitasky said:

I posted this before I read the manga and the light novel. I'm fine with spider design now.

You just had a redemption arc, noice! :)
Jul 1, 2020 12:37 AM
Oct 2019
Kuroneko said:
Looks more like a fusion of both ln and manga design imo

No that's the Light Novel design. :)
Jul 7, 2020 8:38 AM

Oct 2019
does anyone know how much the series will cover
Jul 7, 2020 2:33 PM
Mar 2020
Oh look a spider. welp lets see whats stronger, my arachnophobia or my weebness
Jul 8, 2020 9:28 PM
Dec 2017
ParadoX_Crypt said:
does anyone know how much the series will cover

I guess until volume 5.
24 Episodes is enough to reach that point.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka? Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 3, 2021

366 by Rimuru_11407 »»
Apr 21, 6:07 AM

» So there's no romance in there?

rishamr - Mar 25

12 by SwordBreaker36 »»
Apr 19, 5:07 AM

» As a LN reader, it hurts that this probably won't get another season

NXT_2006 - Feb 15, 2023

14 by DonKhixote »»
Apr 5, 4:02 PM

Poll: » Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka? Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 19, 2021

162 by Ratris_Decision »»
Mar 7, 4:07 AM

Poll: » Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka? Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Jan 8, 2021

331 by Ratris_Decision »»
Mar 5, 2:46 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.