Forum Settings
Forums

Why do people not lock stall doors when they are going to the bathroom

New
Feb 23, 2020 7:20 AM
Feb 2017
I don’t know if this is relatable with women, so I’ll just be putting it in a man’s perspective.

Why? It’s understandable that if you’re going #1, you don’t need to lock the door. However, how difficult is it to do so? This is even more questionable when there are literally people waiting to go to the bathroom. Why must we guess to see if someone is in the stall? Do you know how awkward it is to open the stall door only to see a man going #1?

Soruce: it just happened to me as of typing this out.
Feb 23, 2020 7:57 AM
Jul 2018
Public Toilets are filthy. The less you have to touch the better. I don’t close the door going #1 in a stall as long as it is a makes only toilet and not unisex. The real question is why are people not washing their hands in the bathroom. Why are they spitting in the streets. Why are they coughing and sneezing without covering their mouths and noses. Why are they wiping snot onto their clothes or hands. Fucking nasty disgusting people. I see them everywhere and people from all races, ages, genders and background do it.
Feb 23, 2020 8:18 AM

Oct 2016
Lucky you, most stalls locks I've seen have broken off by rat heads. I just don't touch anything on the bathroom, even the door handles. That's not my biggest worries. My biggest worries when people don't flush the toilet after taking a dunk and infested the smell of the entire bathroom.
Feb 23, 2020 8:22 AM

May 2018
Im a girl and this happens but too not often. It can just be people forgetting, I mean its usually old people and children who in my experience seem to forget to lock their door. Also as said above sometimes the lock is broken and you just have to pray nobody tries to come in.

Im not that keen on public toilets, if I need the toilet and im not at home I will probably just hold it in for a while, especially while im at school because girls use it as a gossip/smoking room rather than bathroom and I feel too awkward and intimidated to go in.
Feb 23, 2020 9:25 AM

Aug 2014
lolz. What's worse is when you're going #2 and think the lock is functional, then someone walks in on you. >_>
Feb 23, 2020 9:35 AM
Feb 2017
SadMadoka said:
lolz. What's worse is when you're going #2 and think the lock is functional, then someone walks in on you. >_>

This is truly the worst experience.

FlowersInTheRain said:
The real question is why are people not washing their hands in the bathroom.

I think you accidentally used the word “people” there. Those are not people.

@InfernoPhoeniz12 Well I was using my church bathroom. Public bathrooms are disgusting whenever I use them though.

@Seijatachiiii If I smell smoke in the bathroom, I yeet out. Smokers are so inconsiderate when it comes to public places.
Feb 23, 2020 9:38 AM

May 2016
I had a guy walk in on me while taking a piss in the stall but I am obviously a guy. I didn't care much though. although you should probably check under to see if you can see anyone.

Also I never have and never ever will take a shit in a public bathroom. beyond disgusting.
Feb 23, 2020 9:45 AM
Feb 2017
Kayle_x_Morgana said:
I had a guy walk in on me while taking a piss in the stall but I am obviously a guy. I didn't care much though. although you should probably check under to see if you can see anyone.

Also I never have and never ever will take a shit in a public bathroom. beyond disgusting.

Well it depends on how many stalls are next to the stall, how far back the entrance is to the stall, and how far back the stall room is. Sometimes you can’t see if someone is under there. I definitely won’t look down to check if there are people in the bathroom, that’s awkward.

I will take #2s in public bathrooms. However, I do the “Wipe the toilet down multiple times and place toilet paper over the seat” method. If there are stains on the seat, then it’s a loss cause.
Feb 23, 2020 11:03 AM

Sep 2014
probably think that are just going to piss quickly anyways so no need to waste time with that locking bs.
Feb 23, 2020 11:10 AM

Jul 2016
Seijatachiiii said:
Im a girl and this happens but too not often. It can just be people forgetting, I mean its usually old people and children who in my experience seem to forget to lock their door. Also as said above sometimes the lock is broken and you just have to pray nobody tries to come in.

Im not that keen on public toilets, if I need the toilet and im not at home I will probably just hold it in for a while, especially while im at school because girls use it as a gossip/smoking room rather than bathroom and I feel too awkward and intimidated to go in.

Ikr??????One time I was in the bathroom and there were a bunch of girls gossiping outside lol.I did my business and walked out quickly to make sure they weren’t thinking I was spying on them.It was definitely awkward having them stare at me as I walked outside.
Feb 23, 2020 11:16 AM

Jun 2016
Because they're absolute maniacs.
Feb 23, 2020 11:45 AM

May 2018
Missaliensan said:
Seijatachiiii said:

Ikr??????One time I was in the bathroom and there were a bunch of girls gossiping outside lol.I did my business and walked out quickly to make sure they weren’t thinking I was spying on them.It was definitely awkward having them stare at me as I walked outside.

It makes it worse because its all the "popular" girls who seem to enjoy making fun of me for no reason TwT

Im fine with people crowding in bathrooms, if they want to do their makeup or just use the toilet what its actually for, but they always just seem to be in there because they think its cool?

The fact they smoke it worse, it makes the bathroom smell like fags all the time.
Feb 23, 2020 1:19 PM

Mar 2008
What do you mean guess? I don't know what restrooms are like where you are but stalls are pretty high off the ground and everyone knows to glance down enough to see someone's shoes as you walk in the restroom unless you're in a real rush and blind I don't see why you don't do the standard protocol.

So many locks don't even work. I close the door with my elbow and flush with my foot. Not touching anything.
Feb 23, 2020 1:28 PM

Jul 2016
A lot of public toilets are hardly ever cleaned or fixed, so you'd be lucky to even get a stall with a lock sometimes. Back in high school, all the locks in the boy's toilets were broken by Y8 so I made a habit of keeping one arm outstretched to hold the door closed behind me at all times. Lucky I've got long arms, but I never use public toilets if I can help it.

@Seijatachiiii There was talk early on in my high school that the caretakers kept finding empty vodka bottles in the girl's toilets. Was it the same sort've thing for you?
ChilliePeppersFeb 23, 2020 1:32 PM
Feb 23, 2020 1:37 PM

Oct 2019
In the area I live in the public toilets haven't been cleaned out since they were made, no joke. Then again our public toilets are just a hole in the ground lololol
Feb 23, 2020 1:44 PM

Nov 2019
OT, I lock the stall if I have to use a stall to go but I prefer the urinals for their hands-free flush. Commenting on the actual use of public units, imo it depends on location. Some places actually do maintain their facilities extremely well and I wouldn't think twice of using them to the fullest; other places are so nasty I've contemplated and often have taken my business to the woods instead.

Public rest rooms are truly life's crapshot, you never know what you're gonna roll.
Nico nico ni~eed a siggy like the all the cool kids
Really wish we had a rep system so I could farm it and spam rep+
Feb 23, 2020 1:49 PM

Oct 2017
The strategy is to get the least as possible germs so it's easier to wash it off.
''Enemies' gifts are no gifts and do no good.''
Feb 23, 2020 2:10 PM

Sep 2017
Don't know, but it's pretty risky

However in my entire lifespan so far I never ran into a situation where someone (or I) didn't lock the door in a public restroom
I live in a rural area so maybe people are cleaner and more polite/aware about others, even in the cities the public restrooms were always "nice" (quite clean, not damaged, everything works perfectly) (special mention to the restrooms in Paris CDG Airport where the toilets have sensors so you don't have to touch anything to flush)
Feb 23, 2020 3:45 PM

Feb 2019
The only time I ran into an unlocked occupied stall was at a nightclub, so I blame the drugs alcohol or being too alpha. You know, like dominant cats won't cover their shit and let it smell to assert dominance.
Feb 23, 2020 3:53 PM

Aug 2015
Because it was a known gay beat, and the guy wanted you to walk in on him?
idk about you but the closer a girl gets to looking like ronald mcdonald, the more aroused i become. CAV

where can we cast our eyes to @PoruMairu who thinks of himself a member of the true church. Helion.
Feb 23, 2020 4:04 PM

Mar 2008
A_Sad_Dust_Cloud said:
A lot of public toilets are hardly ever cleaned or fixed, so you'd be lucky to even get a stall with a lock sometimes. Back in high school, all the locks in the boy's toilets were broken by Y8 so I made a habit of keeping one arm outstretched to hold the door closed behind me at all times. Lucky I've got long arms, but I never use public toilets if I can help it.

@Seijatachiiii There was talk early on in my high school that the caretakers kept finding empty vodka bottles in the girl's toilets. Was it the same sort've thing for you?

Why would they waste good vodka?

In my school I heard of guys snorting coke off the urinals.
Feb 23, 2020 10:54 PM

Jun 2019
Never understood the mindset of sheer laziness, lack of thought/care, or just apathy behind it either.

For those commenting about not wanting to touch the stall door locks or it being better to touch as little as possible - I touch nothing directly in a public bathroom, including the main door handle. I just use the bottom of my shirt. I manipulate the cloth of the bottom of my shirt with my hand underneath my shirt and touch anything important that way.
Feb 24, 2020 12:57 AM

Oct 2010
I only use urinals, don't go to public toilets for no2, only in malls where the toilers are pretty clean.
Feb 24, 2020 7:40 AM
Dragon Idol

May 2017
I always lock the door when available
You never know who could be there or enter later on, and it can save you a whole lot of trouble in the long run
Feb 24, 2020 7:45 AM

Dec 2018
This is why you have to knock and wait to see if there is an answer. It’s courteous and it’s a good way to avoid awkward situations.
Feb 24, 2020 8:18 AM
Nov 2018
That's why we should build the glass stalls as much as possible. It will prevent that type of problem and also it's cyberpunkish.

https://i.imgur.com/hSexxN9.jpg

(But I think glass should be blurrier at thigh part)

"Self respect is the greatest gift we can give to our self"

Feb 24, 2020 8:48 AM
Jul 2018
ever seen the result of someone having taken a dump in a washbasin? that's why I will never use public restroom again.
Feb 24, 2020 10:02 AM

Feb 2018
^omfg.

Hmmm over here guys will go in the stall and pee with the door open lol, but at least not taking a dump. More annoying is at change rooms when guys just leave the door or curtain open while basically stripping??? I don't understand that lol??
Feb 24, 2020 4:30 PM

Jun 2019
A lot of the times the locks are broken, I just keep my foot up to hold it shut

Leading biologist Scott Pitnick said:
The bigger your 'nads, the smaller your brains
Feb 24, 2020 4:34 PM

May 2018
I feel like if someone could lock the door to their stall they would. I've never seen anyone purposely leave their door unlocked but that's just me.

SPRING

Feb 24, 2020 4:57 PM

May 2016
I absolutely hate public bathrooms so I do my business at home before going to work. Broken locks and wet floors are a no go for me. But I've always locked my bathroom stall in highschool, not locking it seems weird.
"It's not like I wanted a signature or anything...BAKA!" - A MAL user.
Feb 24, 2020 6:33 PM

May 2016
one time I was at an airport, and the stall couldn't be locked. so I was trying to hold the door shut, and people were trying to open it, and there was a line, and I was nervous so I couldn't urinate
Feb 24, 2020 6:59 PM

Mar 2011
That wouldn't be a norm in this region, so if you're near (and your not) this area it's just you hahaha ;_;
"In the end the World really doesn't need a Superman. Just a Brave one"

More topics from this board

» Are you e-famous? Are you an Internet celebrity?

DesuMaiden - 9 hours ago

19 by MalchikRepaid »»
8 minutes ago

» How do you know other people actually exist?

purple_rayn - 21 minutes ago

0 by purple_rayn »»
21 minutes ago

» Do you post your own original artwork onto social media?

DesuMaiden - Apr 10

23 by Lost_Viking »»
35 minutes ago

Poll: » Do you live with regrets?

Lightskynight - 7 hours ago

11 by Lost_Viking »»
53 minutes ago

» Is English your native language? ( 1 2 )

DesuMaiden - Apr 16

52 by Oshieteoshiete4 »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.