Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Magia Record: Puella Magi Madoka Magica Side Story
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 22, 2020 7:21 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The way this episode's storytelling is done with the narratives is still very unique imo. There's also gossip about some Invisible character.

Shaft's urorthodox style also made some of the scene look eerie with the stacking of the chairs. Iroha and her friends got some chilling text that's also out of the ordinary. Yup, just another day of Magia Record.
Stark700Feb 22, 2020 8:03 AM
Feb 22, 2020 7:25 AM

Nov 2007
The tsundere girl providing information to main girl about the rumor about girl being invisible and lonely.

Chinese restaurant girl keeps advertising her menu, and that girl who lost her parents by witches are helping out. Crying (or "shed tear") rumor.

Two little girls arguing about friendship and pink hair girl stopping. Then sound of radio w. no one there...

The girl who lost her parents caused trouble because others are saying bad about her friends, including main girl. They went to a place piled w. lots of things, and the phone call was laughing, instead of crying.

Following the mysterious messages and somehow related to the enemy group appearing last ep. "Tamaki-sama"? And related to lonely rumor.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Feb 22, 2020 9:18 AM

Feb 2019
Felicia chan is so cute. Really good episode, seemed like mainly set up for the next section of the show and can't wait to see how it plays out with the mysterious texts, endless solitude and finding more about the Wings of Magius. Not much to speak of from the episode action wise, but as usual with SHAFT, amazing direction and build up. Plus we got to see our girls, so I'm happy. Wish MagiReco wasn't so slept on

Also, shout out to mami with the assist for Iroha
Feb 22, 2020 9:26 AM
Jul 2018
Another episode with great art and direction. Just the colors alone make everything more powerful and pleasing. I like how Iroha kept questioning the Wings of Magius, but got no response. Also, the music was once again brilliant. Storywise, we got some more clues and setup, which is nice.
Feb 22, 2020 9:35 AM

Apr 2013
Felicia getting flustered after telling she got in trouble for standing up for Iroha and Yachiyo was cute.
Mami makes a minor appearance to help out Iroha
just because I’ve gotten weaker, doesn’t mean that you got stronger, does it?
Feb 22, 2020 9:37 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Before coming here looks like Iroha hardly had any friends apart from for her fellow magical girl. Here though its nice that she has both. Transferring there to be with her friends was the best move though. The invisible girl rumour though sure was an intriguing one though. Its nice to see Felicia work a normal job instead of being a merc plus she's the perfect counter to any unruly customers that visits. Still being arrested must be a new thing for her. The radio tower though sure was sited near an unusual place though. Though the decision to follow the wings member was rash the gain in intel sure was worth it. Looks like the endless solitude really was real though im curious as to how Sana ended up locked up there though. The fact that the wings were so cagey about it was also interesting.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 22, 2020 9:50 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Great episode! Direction from Shaft just keeps getting better by the episode, this is simply awesome stuff! Seriously felt like the episode was hardly 10 minutes, too.

Damn, that was quite the creative handling of the Op this time around, first up. I don't recall seeing such a creative usage before so it was a nice treat! "Yay", indeed lol. Interestingly, Felicia-chan is in it during those final moments of the Op (where the TrySail characters are shown) now too.

Yikes, the creepy phone though. Seemingly spam-like messages and the radio breaking in to the system every night, now that's freaky. And that sinister laugh to top it off, jeez.

Amidst all this, we get another weird flashback (?), what was with 0.0000000004 % trivia there anyway? Mystery just keeps thickening and thickening. Curious who Yachiyo was having a call with though.

Replying back to the message and then the episode title popping up definitely doesn't give off happy vibes. Can't wait to see what's in store for us next!

Mami-san with the crucial rescue was really cool, I look forward to seeing more of her vigilante-like saving from a distance. Wonder what Kyouko's up to next as well.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Feb 22, 2020 9:53 AM

Jan 2019
Amazing episode i may say, but prepare guys...the real storm is coming ^-^
Ushiromiya Battler, right now, on this island, no one exists except for you. You're the only one alive in this island. However I'm here right now, and i'm about to kill you. Who... am I?
Feb 22, 2020 9:55 AM
Aug 2015
Emillian said:

Yeah as long as they don't massively mess up next episode it will easily be the best episode so far
Feb 22, 2020 9:58 AM

Jan 2019
Eroha said:
Emillian said:

Yeah as long as they don't massively mess up next episode it will easily be the best episode so far

Agreed, from now on there is were the things ramp up in action ^-^
Ushiromiya Battler, right now, on this island, no one exists except for you. You're the only one alive in this island. However I'm here right now, and i'm about to kill you. Who... am I?
Feb 22, 2020 10:29 AM

Oct 2017
Felicia is really great and adorable. Mami made a brief appearance to save Iroha and major build up for something big coming I guess. I'm getting myself prepared for next epi.
Feb 22, 2020 11:03 AM

Jan 2014
I'm still waiting to see if Ui will show up yet lol.

I'm still thinking she's part of the cult, or something is really up there. I can't wait to see more.
Feb 22, 2020 11:08 AM

Jan 2019
The eighth episode becomes my favorite so far, just after the seventh did it last week.

I really liked the pacing and the storytelling in this episode, it would be great if all the episodes were like this. The direction loses some quality in the action, but in general it is very good. Takumi Ozawa's songs are perfect. And I really enjoyed seeing again those "exotic" settings that were much more common in the original series. The new rumors are interesting, I want to see Futaba Sana appear soon and I liked the brief participation of the best magical girl saving Iroha.

Looking forward to the next episode. MagiReco is great.
"If someone says it's wrong to hope, I'll tell them they're wrong every single time."
Feb 22, 2020 12:36 PM

Nov 2008
I hate how they changed Amane sisters flute sound-based attacks, which the protagonists team really struggled against in the game, to some kind of witch remote control tool. And it seems we won't be getting a cafe interrogation scene with Tsukuyo, which is a shame- i found that scene quite entertaining. Also the brief scene with Mami here seems to just be shoved in for the sake of mandatory original cast appearance as it didn't happen in the game. Overall found this episode to be the most boring so far as nothing really happened and it was all just some rumor gossip.

On another note, why is Rena and Kaede on bad terms again? I thought they made up the last time.
AnimeThemes.moe <- the largest collection of anime Openings & Endings on the Web
AnimeMusicQuiz.com <- guess an anime from your list by it's Opening/Ending music browser game
Feb 22, 2020 12:47 PM
Aug 2015
Genoard said:
I hate how they changed Amane sisters flute sound-based attacks, which the protagonists team really struggled against in the game, to some kind of witch remote control tool. And it seems we won't be getting a cafe interrogation scene with Tsukuyo, which is a shame- i found that scene quite entertaining. Also the brief scene with Mami here seems to just be shoved in for the sake of mandatory original cast appearance as it didn't happen in the game.

On another note, why is Rena and Kaede on bad terms again? I thought they made up the last time.

The flute bit not existing is annoying, I think it is being saved for a later fight.
The Homura scene wouldn't fit the mood the anime has been having so it was obvious it wouldn't be part of the anime.
The Mami scene was actually very important, you are a game player too so you should know that Mami is mentioned in the next part of this arc

Did you not watch the after-credits scene on episode 5? That explains why Kaede is too scared to talk to Rena
Feb 22, 2020 12:49 PM

Jan 2019
Genoard said:

Kaede might be traumatized and not talking to anyone since she went through that transformation in episode 5.
"If someone says it's wrong to hope, I'll tell them they're wrong every single time."
Feb 22, 2020 1:04 PM

May 2015
yeeee// waiting for some sirious hiet.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Feb 22, 2020 1:19 PM

Apr 2017
More rumors, more mysteries to solve and more spam-mails. Seriously, someone please teach those girls something about modern technology. Jokes aside, it seems this will be the last arc before we get to the final arc answering all questions concerning Ui. For now it seems we will get to know the last one missing from the main cast, Sana.

I'm curious to find out, when which questions will be answered and which role the Wings of the Magius plays as a whole. Apart from that, there are so many other open questions: What is it about that mini Kyuubey? What means the witches emerging from different characters, which was shown excessively on Iroha and briefly on one of the other girls? And then there is also the part of witches gathering in Kamihama City, which is also somehow connected to all of this... Well, I hope we will find out.
Feb 22, 2020 1:36 PM
Dec 2018
Genoard said:
I hate how they changed Amane sisters flute sound-based attacks, which the protagonists team really struggled against in the game, to some kind of witch remote control tool. And it seems we won't be getting a cafe interrogation scene with Tsukuyo, which is a shame- i found that scene quite entertaining. Also the brief scene with Mami here seems to just be shoved in for the sake of mandatory original cast appearance as it didn't happen in the game. Overall found this episode to be the most boring so far as nothing really happened and it was all just some rumor gossip.

It might look rumour gossip but then if they had skipped details of this episode, you'd probably be confused in the next episode. The anime follow two episode per chapter so the first episode sets the plot of the chapter and second episode concludes it. Presence of Mami probably means

They had me when the OP played on FM Kamihama. Really innovative.
Feb 22, 2020 1:42 PM
Dec 2018
Any idea about the person Yachiyo was talking to on phone?
Feb 22, 2020 1:52 PM
Aug 2015
salarx said:

I am sure it was
Feb 22, 2020 1:57 PM

Nov 2008
Eroha said:

Did you not watch the after-credits scene on episode 5? That explains why Kaede is too scared to talk to Rena

Ryoketsu said:
Kaede might be traumatized and not talking to anyone since she went through that transformation in episode 5.

Oh right, forgot about that part.

salarx said:

AnimeThemes.moe <- the largest collection of anime Openings & Endings on the Web
AnimeMusicQuiz.com <- guess an anime from your list by it's Opening/Ending music browser game
Feb 22, 2020 2:11 PM

Nov 2013
It's episode 8 and we haven't seen the green girl - shield hero xD YET. From all the girls shown in the OP i was interested in her the most, but she's yet to appear... wonder why it takes so long...
Feb 22, 2020 2:15 PM
Aug 2015
Sigmar-Unberogen said:
It's episode 8 and we haven't seen the green girl - shield hero xD YET. From all the girls shown in the OP i was interested in her the most, but she's yet to appear... wonder why it takes so long...

It did show her for three seconds this episode at 2:45
Feb 22, 2020 2:42 PM

Nov 2013
Eroha said:
Sigmar-Unberogen said:

Do you mean that hardly recognizable black screen? xD So she'll be in the next episode most likely...
Feb 22, 2020 2:55 PM
Aug 2015
Sigmar-Unberogen said:
Eroha said:

Do you mean that hardly recognizable black screen? xD So she'll be in the next episode most likely...

Someone on Reddit enhanced it so you can see it better:

https://www.reddit.com/r/magiarecord/comments/f7y2wz/sana_in_ep8/
Feb 22, 2020 3:19 PM
Jul 2019
Anyone knows the music that plays when Iroha is talking to Felicia arround 14minutes?
Feb 22, 2020 3:21 PM
Jan 2013
To be honest, my impression of this episode was that they tried to include too many story elements from the game. (This chapter in the game is longer than the previous ones.) Because the story is told in a shorter time, it feels a bit odd that Iroha just happens to hear all the important information from different sources now when it's relevant. Well, it could be one of those things that stop bothering me after a couple rewatches.

On another note, an extremely important detail: Yachiyo now smiles at Iroha in the OP (1:15).

salarx said:
Presence of Mami probably means

Feb 22, 2020 3:29 PM

Apr 2015
That intro with the opening playing through the radio was honestly well done!

More rumors, this time about a girl in an Endless Solitude... At the same time Iroha got many spam mails!

That pile of chairs on the top of the school building raises a couple questions.. WHY?!
It looks rather strange and I was trying to find a meaning behind it this episode as it was shown on screen quite often.

Great to see Mami helping Iroha out there, before that Iroha did a good job avoiding all that. So this Wings of the Magius looks like they have something to do with this rumor as well.

Emillian said:
Eroha said:

Agreed, from now on there is were the things ramp up in action ^-^

You guys made me a hell lot more excited for next week!!
Feb 22, 2020 3:31 PM

May 2015
That smile Yachiyo gave when she met Iroha after saving her was great. You can really tell she cares for Iroha. Yuri goodness as always from Magia Record.
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Feb 22, 2020 4:09 PM

Oct 2007
woah... another problem appears. Iroha has been getting creepy text messages.

I think Rena is starting to see Iroha as a friend. Iroha choose to eat with Rena instead of those two girls. In return, Rena has become more friendly and helping her research the source of the spam.

Felicia is the person who will get into a fight for her friends. I do wonder if it's regular girls or magical girls she got into a fight with? Because if she punched normal girls, she would have beat the crap out of them. :p

And lastly. At the opening theme. It's getting happier with more people waiting for Iroha. Now there's Yachiyo, Tsuruno, and Felicia waiting for her. Would more girls be added to the harem? Just kidding. xD
Feb 22, 2020 4:18 PM
Aug 2015
Liddo-kun said:
Felicia is the person who will get into a fight for her friends. I do wonder if it's regular girls or magical girls she got into a fight with? Because if she punched normal girls, she would have beat the crap out of them. :p

Given how they said Yachiyo was weird and that Iroha is an outsider, its likely that they are magical girls (Yachiyo looks normal to normal people and you wouldn't normally complain that some random girl moved into your city)

The police officer also said that Felicia talked about turf, which is something that normally only matters to magical girls
Feb 22, 2020 6:03 PM

Mar 2013
CeddyyBearr said:
The FM Kamihama segments were interesting, but I'm sort of sadfaced they came up with "Mr. Hammer" instead of using the original hosts from the event.
That pile of chairs on the top of the school building raises a couple questions.. WHY?!
It looks rather strange and I was trying to find a meaning behind it this episode as it was shown on screen quite often.
Why is there a pile of crap there? Probably to show this isn't the usual lunch roof seen in so many anime(even the original Madoka Magica, to a degree). Why is it all stacked together ten meters high? Probably because Doroinu is directing.
Great to see Mami helping Iroha out there, before that Iroha did a good job avoiding all that.
What I want to know is why Mami showed up for five seconds and left without saying a word. Was she saving Iroha or were her actions directed at Tsukuyo?
Genoard said:
And it seems we won't be getting a cafe interrogation scene with Tsukuyo, which is a shame- i found that scene quite entertaining.
Depending on how they handle the next episode, it's just possible we might: the game had them stake out Tsukuyo's school and Iroha's seen her uniform now.
Liddo-kun said:
And lastly. At the opening theme. It's getting happier with more people waiting for Iroha. Now there's Yachiyo, Tsuruno, and Felicia waiting for her. Would more girls be added to the harem? Just kidding. xD
Nope, just the five in total(which is almost certainly due to there being five girls from the original series).
_MushiRock11_ said:
Amidst all this, we get another weird flashback (?), what was with 0.0000000004 % trivia there anyway?
It's Ui and her friends(the numbers girl is Touka and the literary-minded one is Nemu). They feel shoehorned in because of how badly the adaptation's compressed: they actually provided motivation for some of Iroha's actions in the game(eg, she wants to help Rena and Kaede make up because they remind her of Nemu and Touka and she spends a fair bit of time attempting to locate Nemu as a possible lead). Even so, having the scenes makes sense since Iroha does eventually bump into them.
Feb 22, 2020 8:45 PM

Jan 2011
Every Kugyuu girl is best girl.
Fact.
Feb 22, 2020 8:51 PM

Oct 2019
It's effing sad that Kaede is isolating herself from everyone, likely because she's afraid of her witch-form hurting them. What's the deal with Momoko, though? She's surrounded by other girls in one shot like she's their friend, and Rena is alone, too. Is Momoko actually just kind of fake, or is Rena too afraid to approach her with school friends around as well? It wouldn't NOT be in-character, as her first bit of characterization was transforming to hide from her classmates.

Mami saved Iroha from Tsukuyo Amane, but nobody knew she was there. In fact, Tsukuyo even mentions she was being followed, and she intended to lure Mami to the witch. Given that we're getting the sense that Kyoko was informed by Mami of Kamihama (i.e. "This place is even crazier than I heard!") she likely told Mami about Tsukuyo. The timing checks out - it's clearly been some time between this episode and the last.

So... where does Walpurgisnacht fit into this? She's always appeared after a month and a half from the beginning of the time loop. I think you could argue that it's been only just a month, but for whatever reason it feels longer.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 22, 2020 10:35 PM

May 2018
the new rumor is creepy, I like it!
Especially since I often listen to radio on my phone...

That area outside the radio tower with the statues is very creepy.

I like the animation when Iroha is dodging the witch attacks. And she's suddenly saved by Mami!
This is not your planet to rule. The Fallen shall rise again.
Feb 22, 2020 10:53 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Polycell said:
It's Ui and her friends(the numbers girl is Touka and the literary-minded one is Nemu). They feel shoehorned in because of how badly the adaptation's compressed: they actually provided motivation for some of Iroha's actions in the game(eg, she wants to help Rena and Kaede make up because they remind her of Nemu and Touka and she spends a fair bit of time attempting to locate Nemu as a possible lead). Even so, having the scenes makes sense since Iroha does eventually bump into them.

Ah right, that's interesting. Can't wait to see how that fateful encounter will play out then!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Feb 22, 2020 11:00 PM

Nov 2008
Casul_Noob1997 said:
What's the deal with Momoko, though? She's surrounded by other girls in one shot like she's their friend, and Rena is alone, too. Is Momoko actually just kind of fake, or is Rena too afraid to approach her with school friends around as well?

Do you find the idea of magical girl having friends who aren't other magical girls to be weird just because the story doesn't utilize them? I didn't question them being her friends for a second when watching the episode, so for your second question, i'm fairly certain the latter answer is correct.
Feb 22, 2020 11:34 PM

Oct 2007
Eroha said:
Liddo-kun said:

Given how they said Yachiyo was weird and that Iroha is an outsider, its likely that they are magical girls (Yachiyo looks normal to normal people and you wouldn't normally complain that some random girl moved into your city)

The police officer also said that Felicia talked about turf, which is something that normally only matters to magical girls

ok, you do have bit of a point there. Felicia sure is brave, solo challenging multiple people. I guess living in the streets made her tough.

turf is also something that matters to delinquents and gangs, so the police officer thought it was that kind of trouble. Poor Iroha is now a "delinquent" after only a few days at school - I guess just coincidence and not effect of the owl water. :p

Liddo-kunFeb 22, 2020 11:51 PM
Feb 23, 2020 3:57 AM

Dec 2018
Now I'm sure curious how they gonna fit the following act in the next episode, by the fact that they're leading the same scenario but going for different direction, which is refreshing for one who's familiar with the game.

The next one will conclude this arc, hopefully they doing it properly, Sana is my fav among the Mikadzuki household.
Feb 23, 2020 6:09 AM

Oct 2019
Genoard said:
Casul_Noob1997 said:
What's the deal with Momoko, though? She's surrounded by other girls in one shot like she's their friend, and Rena is alone, too. Is Momoko actually just kind of fake, or is Rena too afraid to approach her with school friends around as well?

Do you find the idea of magical girl having friends who aren't other magical girls to be weird just because the story doesn't utilize them? I didn't question them being her friends for a second when watching the episode, so for your second question, i'm fairly certain the latter answer is correct.

It wasn't that, I just found it weird that Momoko seemed pretty okay despite something being clearly wrong with Kaede
Feb 23, 2020 8:54 AM

Jun 2009
It just annoys me that Iroha is constantly running into these battles but is never able to defend herself. She knows she's weak, and needs to get stronger but she has yet to provide any attacking power outside of when she blackouts and transform.

When she went to the tower by herself, I was wondering who was going to save her because no way she's able to handle this battle on her own. She hates being a burden for others but continues to do things that other needs to take it upon themselves to save her.
Feb 23, 2020 9:05 AM

Oct 2019
Merciless said:
It just annoys me that Iroha is constantly running into these battles but is never able to defend herself. She knows she's weak, and needs to get stronger but she has yet to provide any attacking power outside of when she blackouts and transform.

When she went to the tower by herself, I was wondering who was going to save her because no way she's able to handle this battle on her own. She hates being a burden for others but continues to do things that other needs to take it upon themselves to save her.

She won't get stronger without experience, and her heroism clouds her judgement
Feb 23, 2020 10:15 AM

Oct 2008
I haven't been as into this series as I would have liked. Maybe they'll fix some of the issues I've been having with the series later on? If any Magia Record veterans would like to clue me in, I'd be grateful.

So, I think the main issue is that none of it feels very personal or impactful. And this can be due to a number of reasons. Firstly, the large cast. Magia Record is premised on having a large cast of characters, but because of this, we never really get to know them particularly well. This is also exacerbated by the fact that we never got to know them before making their wishes. One of the main driving points of conflict in the original series is whether or not being a magical girl was a good thing or not, what being magical girl meant to each character and how their wishes affected them positively/negatively. We hardly get any of that in Magia Record.

In fact, the entire magical girl system, even the big reveal that Witches were actually magical girls was tied very well into the various character arcs. At the moment, the Uwasa/Rumors seem very tangential in terms of its relation to the Witches and by extension, the characters. This is also the problem I had with the Psycho-Pass sequel. It never dealt with anything relating to the Sibyl System where as the first season was premised on exploring the themes relating to it.

While the Doppel ability is really cool, the (emotional) impact and implications are severely limited by the fact that the characters have no idea that they become Witches if their Grief Seeds become too corrupted. Imagine if the characters from the original were presented with this knowledge. They'd freak out! It's quite a let down that such a big revelation was just brushed off.

Yeah, so while I think it's a good thing that it's not retreading the original, it doesn't seem to be leveraging (enough) on what the original did well. Cameos from the original characters are really cool, though. (^o^)
Feb 23, 2020 11:30 AM

Mar 2013
Actar said:
So, I think the main issue is that none of it feels very personal or impactful. And this can be due to a number of reasons. Firstly, the large cast. Magia Record is premised on having a large cast of characters, but because of this, we never really get to know them particularly well. This is also exacerbated by the fact that we never got to know them before making their wishes. One of the main driving points of conflict in the original series is whether or not being a magical girl was a good thing or not, what being magical girl meant to each character and how their wishes affected them positively/negatively. We hardly get any of that in Magia Record.
MagiReco is much more plot-oriented than character-oriented. Add in how much longer the game's chapters are than their adapting episodes and a lot of characterization unfortunately gets thrown out the window.
In fact, the entire magical girl system, even the big reveal that Witches were actually magical girls was tied very well into the various character arcs. At the moment, the Uwasa/Rumors seem very tangential in terms of its relation to the Witches and by extension, the characters.
This is another case of MagiReco being plot-based: the uwasas' tie to witches is via the Magius using them to advance their agenda of magical girl liberation.
While the Doppel ability is really cool, the (emotional) impact and implications are severely limited by the fact that the characters have no idea that they become Witches if their Grief Seeds become too corrupted. Imagine if the characters from the original were presented with this knowledge. They'd freak out! It's quite a let down that such a big revelation was just brushed off.
This is a bit of the anime's problem: in the game, Tsukuyo's announcement she's summoning her doppel leads Tsuruno to suggest Iroha summon hers, which Yachiyo immediately shoots down as too dangerous. The twins also give a more involved explanation of what doppels are, but Yachiyo cuts them off right as they get to how they're involved in the "liberation" angle(the game's version of the rumor is twenty-four hours, not twenty-four events, and they're down to the wire during the fight).
Feb 23, 2020 11:51 AM

Nov 2008
Actar said:
Maybe they'll fix some of the issues I've been having with the series later on? If any Magia Record veterans would like to clue me in, I'd be grateful.

Short answer: they won't. Take what mobile game fans tell with a grain of salt.
Feb 23, 2020 4:42 PM
Jun 2019
Polycell said:
CeddyyBearr said:
The FM Kamihama segments were interesting, but I'm sort of sadfaced they came up with "Mr. Hammer" instead of using the original hosts from the event.
Why is there a pile of crap there? Probably to show this isn't the usual lunch roof seen in so many anime(even the original Madoka Magica, to a degree). Why is it all stacked together ten meters high? Probably because Doroinu is directing.
Great to see Mami helping Iroha out there, before that Iroha did a good job avoiding all that.
What I want to know is why Mami showed up for five seconds and left without saying a word. Was she saving Iroha or were her actions directed at Tsukuyo?
Genoard said:
And it seems we won't be getting a cafe interrogation scene with Tsukuyo, which is a shame- i found that scene quite entertaining.
Depending on how they handle the next episode, it's just possible we might: the game had them stake out Tsukuyo's school and Iroha's seen her uniform now.
Liddo-kun said:
Nope, just the five in total(which is almost certainly due to there being five girls from the original series).
_MushiRock11_ said:
Amidst all this, we get another weird flashback (?), what was with 0.0000000004 % trivia there anyway?

About Mami showing up and not saying nothin'

Feb 23, 2020 4:47 PM
Jun 2019
salarx said:

The voice was Kanagi, a character that will still be introduced. She is

Feb 23, 2020 10:18 PM
Jul 2018
It was an OK episode.
I wonder if at some point Madoka will appear. I would like to see that, just like when Mami-san did.
Feb 24, 2020 3:38 AM

Oct 2007
forgot to say.

I like how they showed Rena getting a little closer to Iroha. First time Rena is in the roof, and they eat lunch with their backs to each other. Next time Iroha went there, Rena is sitting near the door with a chair for Iroha to sit on. :)
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Magia Record: Mahou Shoujo Madoka☆Magica Gaiden (TV) Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2020

258 by Biisoo »»
Yesterday, 3:09 PM

Poll: » Magia Record: Mahou Shoujo Madoka☆Magica Gaiden (TV) Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 4, 2020

237 by Biisoo »»
Apr 17, 11:00 AM

» Is this necessary to watch?

theanimeviber - Feb 4

14 by kensu31 »»
Feb 11, 9:36 PM

Poll: » Magia Record: Mahou Shoujo Madoka☆Magica Gaiden (TV) Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2020

108 by Hilel1982014h »»
Jan 16, 7:42 AM

» This is quite funny

official_brown - Jun 10, 2022

16 by jedman »»
Jul 5, 2023 3:05 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.