Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Feb 24, 2020 11:13 AM

Aug 2014
b3rvirus said:
Trojan_Invasion said:
Is it just me or did they skip Benkei using his NP to free Ushi from the mud?

Yes I think and its one thing I disappointed on this episode.. Was anticipating Benkei's NP being animated.. But the rest was epic though

Not only that but that resulted in them also skipping some important characterization for Ushi in her dialogue with Benkei. I get that she was never that important of a character in Babylonia (at least in the game), but she got way more screentime in the anime so them just leaving out that scene feels weird.
Feb 24, 2020 12:16 PM
Sep 2012
I love everything fate and I gotta say, this is so much better than apocrypha (even though I really like it as well)

Ever since I saw first order which I instantly loved due to the setting, I was always curious about the game, but when they announced this and the camelot movies I knew I had to start playing it as I wanted to catch up on the first 5 singularities (and now its my favorite thing ever!)

The excitement I get week after week cannot be compared to when I was watching apocrypha weekly (even counting that glorious sieg vs karna episode). I mean there is so much love and dedication in every single frame of babylonia. All VA's, soundtrack are on point , but the big thing in here are the characters: they are all so likable !
can't wait for the camelot movies, hoping I don't need to wait 6-8 months after release for the BDs to watch them!

Feb 24, 2020 4:03 PM

Mar 2019
It's illegal to produce such a masterpiece episode like this .. I'm still feeling the chills ...
Feb 24, 2020 11:02 PM
Aug 2019
The pacing in this episode was good and it was also enjoyable. The animation is definitely beautiful. Cloverwork animators did a great job in animating it.

Gudao's development is also lit here. Though he should've been this right from the start.

Gilgamesh's speech, Mash and Leo convo, Gudao's becoming fire and finally Quetz. Her scene was definitely the best one here. Now her part is the best in this series so im looking forward for more on 19, 20 and 21. Also her highlight is one of my favorites, along with Shirou vs gil, karna vs sieg, Arturia vs gilles and Arturia vs Herc <3

Tiamat also looks better and beautiful in 2D here <3

Now i see why some of my friends and family members dropped the fate series huh.... :(
Its because of some people keep on trashing the several fates if its not ufotable animating it, that the toxicity is spreading throughout the internet :/

Its been a long time since i registered in this website hmmm

Giving a good score of 9.
Feb 25, 2020 10:08 PM

Oct 2008
Exhilarating episode! Quetz was fantastic!

Feb 26, 2020 8:23 AM

May 2018
If only Onee-san's np was animated like this in the game xD
Feb 26, 2020 3:14 PM

Feb 2018
I'M SORRY BUT WHAT DID YOU SAY ABOUT FUCKED UP CGI TIAMAT????????

But really, Quatz is my bae now. Great episode, animation was on point and and I loved that they didn't end up on Gilgamesh speech - it was train after train. Can't wait for more!
Feb 26, 2020 6:49 PM
Mar 2015
Too bad that in the end Queztzcoiuatll after expending all that energy could not bring Tiamat down
Feb 26, 2020 7:03 PM

Jul 2015
OH.
MY.
GOD.

THIS EPISODE IS SO FUCKING GOOD! BADASS QUETZALCOATl
Feb 27, 2020 11:18 AM

Nov 2016
Epic Gilga speech, action and sacrifices.

4,5/5

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 2, 2020 2:22 AM
Nov 2018
Focking awesome. This Gilgamesh mental toughness is over 9999. He never falters. I think MAL should separate this good guy wholesome Gil from the evil one. And Tiamat design looks actually scary
Quetz is the most badass goddess ever. She just stole my kokoro, lol. Seinyuu are also awesome and the cutie ones. You guys should defo check them out. UMU too much to take.

"Self respect is the greatest gift we can give to our self"

Mar 2, 2020 2:56 AM

Aug 2009
Yasuhiro- said:
Focking awesome. This Gilgamesh mental toughness is over 9999. He never falters. I think MAL should separate this good guy wholesome Gil from the evil one.

But they are the same in mindset. Only different approach in their problems.
Mar 2, 2020 9:49 PM

Aug 2018
Dude i had a goosebumps seeing this ep
The way Quetz fought was really badass

I like it when haters suddenly shows up after a great episode lmao
SOP-IIMar 22, 2020 12:11 AM
B O C C H I  S W E E P
Mar 8, 2020 9:45 AM
Apr 2016
Well, at least they removed CGI for the fight... that's nice.
Mar 12, 2020 5:21 PM

Sep 2015
Quetz got the animation she deserved, I'm satisfied.
Mar 15, 2020 1:55 PM

Jul 2013
Perhaps I spoke too soon about removing the Obelisk scene in episode 11 (I think). I believe it actually flowed better this way where Gilgamesh reveals that the people of Uruk knew of their fate instead of revealing it too early. It just hits so much harder and gives it a lot more impact after all they've been through.

The Celestial Hill scene really hit me in the game and it hits even harder in animated format with voices. Kingu not knowing what to do anymore, not knowing what his purpose even is or even his sense of self but Gilgamesh still considered him as a friend because to him, he is still using the body of Enkidu.

Another episode of me saying I love Cas Gil so much. The speech was absolutely fantastic.

They did Quetzalcoatl justice! OMG I'm speechless.

I remember things differently in the game but Benkei and Ushiwakamaru burning together flowed way better than Benkei using his NP to do whatever shit he did to Ushi in the game lol.

But damn knowing what happens to Quetzalcoatl later... I'm dreading the final episode because the disappointment is gonna be real.

Gorgon also returns. I think I've complained about this one before but I don't mind it now. I've made peace with the fact that Ana may have transformed or fused with Gorgon back then so whatever.

Prover just makes everything so great and emotional. I shed a tear when Gorgon appeared while the song was playing. It's such a great song really. The fact the MV already has more views than Babylonia OP in just a month speaks a lot. Babylonia OP was a mistake!

Overall, it's safe to say Cloverworks is the GOATed studio.
Mar 17, 2020 12:50 PM

Aug 2017
Damn, almost everyone shined in this episode. Gil, Kingu, Mash, Quetzalcoatl and even side characters like Ushi and Benkei. Gilgamesh's speech was the best part of the episode for me.

Pretty food episode. 4/5
NurguburuMar 17, 2020 1:05 PM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Mar 30, 2020 4:50 AM

May 2017
HOLY SHIT.. This was one of the most exhilarating episodes I've seen in quite some time.. Fucking greatness. I'm not really invested into these characters but DAMN.. that was a fucking phenomenal episode.
Apr 16, 2020 11:55 AM

Mar 2010
God damn seeing Quetzalcoatl sacrifice herself while in her noble phantasm was so fucking epic god damn it all. And still like she said not even a scratch on tiamatie was a fucking boss lolz.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Apr 16, 2020 7:49 PM

Aug 2009
Rasco said:
And still like she said not even a scratch on tiamatie was a fucking boss lolz.

We clearly see her horn being damaged.
Apr 27, 2020 5:49 PM

Oct 2012
I swear the downfall of this show would be its awfully random changes of directors and their style...

I mean, the PART A, up until the Gilgamesh speech and his encounter with Enkidu was great, the attention on details, well-thought cuts and emotions, it was there. That's the storytelling I like.

On contrary, PART B felt like from completely different anime, the chaotic fight with Tiamat was total mess from start to beginning, the empassis was only on stylized animation and overdone sound effects. Hard to follow what even happening with close-up camera angles. But at least they got us those quality quality-melted faces, right?

I usually don't care about those things but this was too much even for me. Does nobody really care? Can't really enjoy the series like this.

One positive thing is they got rid of that horrible CG Tiamat at the same time but they did that by covering most of the scene in dark, pretty cheap trick.
Apr 27, 2020 9:28 PM

Aug 2009
Imagine the best of this show still not being enough for cheap reasons.
May 15, 2020 4:26 PM

Dec 2018
So.....basically what Tiamat wants to say is "This isn't even my final form yet!!!". She will be a great opponent for Goku. And props to Cloverworks for making me hate this Tiamat with her annoying SFX.

Oh wow, not only Benkei but Gorgon had returned as well. I'm sure Merlin will also return.
He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
Jun 6, 2020 2:56 AM

Nov 2018
Probably the best animated episode in FGO so far. That fight and sakuga was a spectacle to watch.

My current goal is to revamp all the character details for High School DxD and have all the characters included in the DB.
MAL Badges is back bitches! Check the club for more info
Please show your love for my Kiss x Sis manga review here. It will only take you 2 minutes of your time 🙏🙏
Jun 20, 2020 8:41 PM
Voltekka!

Sep 2017
They seriously overdid the sound effects in this episodes. I find that bothersome.
Jul 5, 2020 1:19 PM

Apr 2012
Gorgon vs Tiamat with Ereshkigal(boss form) probably joining in later on would be epic.
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Sep 4, 2020 6:41 AM
Apr 2020
You rock Quetz!!!
Oct 5, 2020 1:37 AM

Feb 2008
What a performance from Aya Endou and Seki Tomokazu as Quetz and Gilgamesh respectively.

Loved this episode. Don't really know why I stopped watching weekly when it was airing... must've been the recaps. Great episode, can't wait to finish it soon.
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum. They should really do their whining at manga forums."

Stolen from Janethan23. Add in visual novel readers too
Jan 7, 2022 7:13 AM

Apr 2013
Suicide attacks seem to be really popular in the age of gods.
Feb 2, 2022 11:43 AM

Jun 2015
I'm totally binge watching this show, but just had to give a shout out to this eps. Sweet baby gods you pray too, its magnificent. Its like watching a battle, and there is a ton of characters you invested in, and there all badass, and they going all out as everything depends on it, and theres god and demi gods and what not fighting. This is it. Fuck yeah!!!
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Oct 3, 2022 2:25 PM
Jan 2019
HOLY FUCKING SHIT
May 30, 2023 7:07 AM
Feb 2022
HOOOOOOLY SHITTT
Jun 23, 2023 2:40 PM

Dec 2012
Quetzalcoat so strong that power wtf

Jan 11, 2:43 PM
Jul 2023
- Gilgamesh still cares for Kingu <3
- Environmental art over the lava looks good!
- Evil Ushiwaka dead, good fight
- Best animation in this series in Quetsa’s attack! Super hype
- Gorgon is back? That’s so annoying. I hate it when anime does this, Anna died and yet Gorgon is back for no reason.
Apr 11, 8:51 AM
Mar 2023
tremendo epìsodio,benkei tuvo su redención y la mexichanga la rompio,eso mas la aparicion de gorgon al final y la tremenda animación,a partir de aqui se viene lo bueno
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/Grand Order: Zettai Majuu Sensen Babylonia Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 12, 2019

173 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Apr 9, 2:29 PM

Poll: » Fate/Grand Order: Zettai Majuu Sensen Babylonia Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 5, 2019

287 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Apr 9, 1:18 PM

Poll: » Fate/Grand Order: Zettai Majuu Sensen Babylonia Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 23, 2019

176 by keynutil »»
Apr 1, 3:14 PM

Poll: » Fate/Grand Order: Zettai Majuu Sensen Babylonia Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2020

186 by Apreggi »»
Jan 11, 2:46 PM

Poll: » Fate/Grand Order: Zettai Majuu Sensen Babylonia Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2020

220 by Apreggi »»
Jan 11, 2:45 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.