Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 1, 2007 12:37 PM

Jan 2007
That was quite......interesting. It's cool that we get to see more of Nina and Nao's fight was nice but wth was up with the bath scene, not that i'm complaining though. Overall the episode was ok. Anyways, looking forward to the finale.
Jun 1, 2007 12:50 PM

Mar 2007
The bath scene was great. The fight with Nao was pretty cool as well. This episode is the best one of Zwei so far.
Shame they didn't do something like this for the Hime show though.
Jun 1, 2007 6:35 PM

Nov 2004
Bath scene was crazy lol, loved the nao fight, =D and it all ended when it got exciting, so typical =\
Jun 2, 2007 1:12 AM

Aug 2006
Aokaado said:
Bath scene was crazy lol, loved the nao fight, =D and it all ended when it got exciting, so typical =

My thoughts exactly. ROFL! Shiho and those paddings :P.
Jun 2, 2007 7:12 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Whoa, I forgot Arika grew quite a lot ^^. Agree with you guys, liked this episode. Not enough Mai though. :P

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Jun 17, 2007 12:08 AM

May 2007
Strange episode...

Yes, what was with the bath scene? I'm not complaining... I mean the Mai-HiMe/Otome series have used ecchi like scenes before. It just seemed out of place...

It's nice that everyone can kick back and enjoy in times of turmoil... but the world is going to hell and no one can do anything about it!!!

I need to rewatch the first two episodes because it doesn't seem like there's much insight to the plot thus far and a lot of arguing and selfish behavior.

Four episodes does not seem like it's enough for this OVA and it is really showing.
Jun 17, 2007 12:09 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
mild_even said:
Four episodes does not seem like it's enough for this OVA and it is really showing.

Yeah, I think so, too. It's a bit of a shame. =/

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Jun 17, 2007 5:55 AM

Nov 2004
mhm, so far the OVA has ranged from good to just wtf ? really curious how all this randomness is to be tied up and finished in one ep =P
Jun 17, 2007 8:37 AM

May 2007
Aokaado said:
mhm, so far the OVA has ranged from good to just wtf ? really curious how all this randomness is to be tied up and finished in one ep =P

It can be done. I don't doubt that. And I agree with the good to WTF? feeling.
Jun 23, 2007 12:44 PM

Jun 2007
Has the 4th OVA release/air date been announced yet? I can't seem to find anything about "Connecting Dreams" [except for the title ;) ]. <-- That and the web translators don't convert image text so it is difficult to get any info out of BandaiChannel & Zwei websites!

I agree with cyruz & Aokaado that there needs to be more Mai... Is that because I watched Mai-Hime first?
Jun 23, 2007 12:56 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Mai-HiME came out before Mai-OTOME, so it's only natural that you watch HiME first.

About the release date, I read that there's supposed to be a note on that in the OTOME forums. I don't have a link though, sorry.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Jun 23, 2007 1:40 PM

Jun 2007
cyruz said:
Mai-HiME came out before Mai-OTOME, so it's only natural that you watch HiME first.

About the release date, I read that there's supposed to be a note on that in the OTOME forums. I don't have a link though, sorry.

I think I answered my question - Wiki says 8-24-07.

Due to the fact that Otome is not a 'sequel' to Hime (best word is retelling, no?), I would not assume that one would not necessarily view one prior to the other. I'm sure this debate would best be covered in a new topic. Thank you though.

*edit: grammer
Jun 23, 2007 1:53 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Yeah I know, I didn't say it was a sequel. It's like an alternative story sharing a few similarities. But that doesn't change the fact that HiME came out earlier than OTOME. So even if it's not a sequel, I'd still tell people to watch HiME first. :)

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Jun 28, 2007 1:52 PM

Jun 2007
I don't think it was a sequel either. Just like another plot line, another Alternate story line, with new characters, and just a few borrowed characters…Actually scratch that, two new characters, and a whole lot of borrowed characters. They just all got onto the new story line and stuff. I still like Otome. -.-; I can't get to Hime yet……grrr…
Jun 28, 2007 4:30 PM

Oct 2006
cyruz said:
mild_even said:

Yeah, I think so, too. It's a bit of a shame. =/

Indeed. I liked this last installment well enough, but it's nowhere close to the original series in quality.

Yes, what was with the bath scene? I'm not complaining... I mean the Mai-HiMe/Otome series have used ecchi like scenes before. It just seemed out of place...

It's an OVA, so they can put a little more in that wouldn't fly on a TV series. It's just extra fanservice, really.
Aug 6, 2007 3:02 AM
Aug 2007
Episode 3 was definately my favourite episode thus far, mostly due to the scenes with Nao and Nina; their chemistry was really awesome, something I hadn't suspected. The way their characters bounced off each other gave some much needed character development for Nina, somewhat redeeming her damaged image after her bout of insanity towards the end of the tv series. I liked her in this episode. Nao was cooler than usual, which is pretty damned cool.

The fight sequence was the best of the whole franchise, and genuinely exciting. Did anyone else think that there may have been a strong allurance to Mai child (Kagatsuchi) from HiME this episode?

http://wakaranai.animeblogger.net/?p=502

I posted some pictures here to illustrate it, but the sword that the otome-slayer morphs the guardian's weapon into is the same sword Mai pulled from the stone to release her child in episode 3 of HiME.
Dec 20, 2008 1:01 PM

Mar 2008
Oh wow the bath scene ! So bad it was so short ^^

Nice episode, even if the true purpose of these phenomenons is still unknown...
And i hope Nao will be fine soon,i really like her ^^
Jan 30, 2009 8:41 PM

Jul 2008
Didn't the place that Nao and Nina were searching look like fuka academy from Mai- Hime. The circular banister with the papers attached to it reminded me of it.

More topics from this board

» There are 2 volumes in this Mai-Otome Ayane's Saga. One is Ayane's Descend and the next volume after is Ayane's Flight. Here is the sneak preview of the Ayane's Descend Prologue.

TPatrioticOtaku - Jan 25, 2022

1 by TPatrioticOtaku »»
Feb 1, 2:38 PM

Poll: » Mai-Otome Zwei Episode 4 Discussion

Sobzob - Aug 30, 2007

14 by Aurakin »»
Oct 15, 2023 7:00 AM

Poll: » Mai-Otome Zwei Episode 2 Discussion

Crystal - Apr 21, 2007

11 by removed-user »»
Jul 15, 2019 11:09 PM

» Will I miss anything?

martino - Jan 2, 2007

4 by LightSpark090 »»
Dec 12, 2014 6:34 AM

» Episode One

yami_shinyi - Dec 25, 2006

4 by tsukichin »»
Nov 29, 2014 6:40 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.