Forum Settings
Forums
New
Feb 19, 2020 9:29 AM

Feb 2019
So originally i had a photo working and ever since the maintenance its just that photo alone that is not loading from my bio but everything else is fine from all the pictures, not really sure what is going on. This is in the bbcode and i've tried even using different sites for copying the image code and absolutely nothing, just shows a small picture icon basically saying it cant load?

Mod Edit: Modified title for clarity and/or easier searching.
Mod Edit: Provisionally set as resolved.
Mod Edit: Actually fixed this time?
TenshoFeb 25, 2020 10:55 PM
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Feb 19, 2020 9:59 AM

Dec 2013
Yep, I have a club where half the images on the layout are broken after the maintenance. I was also making some posts for a feature in another club and there were certain sizes that would work and certain sizes that wouldn't work for pictures. It was really weird.
Feb 19, 2020 10:03 AM

Feb 2019
you think it will just fix up later or something? cause its really bothersome seeing just my favorite portion of the photos just gone for no reason, the thing about the size of the pictures is all of em are the exact same and yet its just ONE collage that isnt loading
Feb 19, 2020 10:04 AM

Jul 2016
I have same problem. I can't put any images in my blogs ;/ Only images that are in MAL for example pictures of character are working. weird...
Feb 19, 2020 10:10 AM

Jan 2015
Same here. My blogs all have pictures on them and now it's just empty with just a few showing up.

I really hope they fix it soon. Always something with this site.
Feb 19, 2020 10:11 AM

Dec 2013
Fk13 said:
you think it will just fix up later or something? cause its really bothersome seeing just my favorite portion of the photos just gone for no reason, the thing about the size of the pictures is all of em are the exact same and yet its just ONE collage that isnt loading

No idea man, never seen anything like this before.
Someone else made the Layout for this club https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=74520 so my thought process was maybe if I create a new link myself then it would work. But unfortunately if its her link or my link the picture doesn't want to appear.
Feb 19, 2020 10:38 AM

Dec 2016
I have literally one small picture from my profile layout that's somehow glitched out, and I know many club layouts have also been destroyed. Why aren't the img bbcode tags not working properly?

Edit: The problem seems to appearing mostly with hyperlinked images. That doesn't explain their hijacked positioning though.
Feb 19, 2020 10:55 AM

Dec 2018
I cant even upload pictures right now or put them in my posts!! It worked earlier today but not any more!! MAL seems to have problems right now!! Hopeful it will get back to normal soon
Feb 19, 2020 10:56 AM

Jun 2019
I decided to write a blog but none of the pictures, save the one from MAL, are working. After seeing your post, I noticed that the one in my profile isn't working either. I guess it's a glitch and will probably be fixed soon.
Feb 19, 2020 11:02 AM

May 2018
I do it the same way I did before, however its suddenly stopped working? Im definitely using the BBCode right as im doing it exactly like how I used to and it worked then, but now its not?

For example this gif of Yui from K-On, its not showing up?

I usually use like that link from imgur to post images on MAL forums and comments and this is the first time its not working
SeijatachiiiiFeb 19, 2020 11:06 AM
Feb 19, 2020 11:11 AM

Oct 2018
Merged Duplicate issue
Summertime days, passing gently
Sunlight, leading to an encounter;
Dreams that don't want to end
Continue onwards toward the next day
While she waits in the air.
Feb 19, 2020 11:37 AM
★★★★★

Sep 2008
I reported the problem to the devs, hopefully it can be fixed soon.
Feb 19, 2020 12:39 PM

Dec 2016
same problem - -
my pictures on my bio stopped working at all
Feb 19, 2020 3:56 PM

Oct 2016
Ever since some moron decided to screw with things yesterday, MAL has been messed up. I can't get my pics to show and I'm missing out on events in my clubs because of this. So any ETA of a fix?
Feb 19, 2020 4:55 PM

Sep 2017
Oh so I'm not getting crazy, what a relief

I kept trying to add an imgur pic on my profile but it wouldn't load, glad to see it's a global error
Feb 19, 2020 4:57 PM

May 2018
Themousen said:

I kept trying to add an imgur pic on my profile but it wouldn't load, glad to see it's a global error

Its imgur images for me as well, I guess its just those that aren't working then
Feb 19, 2020 4:59 PM

Sep 2017
Seijatachiiii said:
Themousen said:

Its imgur images for me as well, I guess its just those that aren't working then

I tried with another pic hosting site and it doesn't work either

Guess no website will work until they fix that problem
Feb 19, 2020 5:01 PM

May 2018
Themousen said:
Seijatachiiii said:

I tried with another pic hosting site and it doesn't work either

Guess no website will work until they fix that problem

Oh... well I dont know at all what is happening then TwT

I hope this gets fixed soon because its really annoying... its been like this ever since the site when down during the DDoS attack thing.
Feb 20, 2020 1:24 AM

Dec 2018
Now it working again at-least for me!! Thx MAL =)
Feb 20, 2020 7:41 AM

Jul 2014
It seems it's working for me too.
Feb 20, 2020 7:46 AM

May 2018
Seijatachiiii said:

For example this gif of Yui from K-On, its not showing up?

It seems to be working again, my Yui gif appeared so all seems to be fixed.
Feb 21, 2020 12:57 AM

Oct 2019
oh no, this just happened with mine...i really really hope it gets fixed because idk if i have the energy to redo my whole profile T^T
Feb 21, 2020 1:55 AM

Jan 2009
I noticed I can't see pictures people are posting on the forums, too, but the signatures/avatars are fine. (・_・ヾ
remaking my signature!
lol I never actually ended up remaking it, oop. ; ;
Feb 21, 2020 3:44 AM

Dec 2018
Yesterday it worked for me but now the problems are back!! Cant include pictures in my posts!!! Exactly the same problem we had earlier!!

But the picture I used yesterday still works! But cant post new or older once!! Even if I have used the old once before on MAL!!

Yuri-CrusaderFeb 21, 2020 3:59 AM
Feb 21, 2020 4:36 AM

Oct 2016
Yep same issue again. Things were working perfectly fine last nite and I was finally able to see my images again. But when I decided to add all the cards I've been getting, images are down again. If anyone gets a hold of those morons that caused this, I will help you dispose of the bodies.

Feb 21, 2020 7:47 AM

Dec 2013
So an update from my perspective. Basically images that were broken two days ago are working but images that were fine 2 days ago are broken now. I created 3 posts on the 19th using what images would work and now 50% of those images that were working aren't.
Feb 21, 2020 8:12 AM

Nov 2019
and my image in forum desc isn't uploading.

Feb 21, 2020 8:48 AM

Oct 2017
My blog posts are filled with broken images, likewise for some forum threads. I just assumed it was a joke until they redirected to actual images and the BBCode was entirely fine.

It must've been caused by the DDOS, maybe from cache and MAL can't keep up with the loading?
Maybe it's related to the site the images come from? The only image that is working on my club is the club banner that is hyperlinked, but that doesn't say much since other hyperlinked ones are broken elsewhere.
All of the images work on my profile, so who knows. I'm not a technician.

CC said:
I noticed I can't see pictures people are posting on the forums, too, but the signatures/avatars are fine. (・_・ヾ
They're a part of MAL's main storage. That's why the logo, character photos, profile pictures, and forum sets won't break. Although Ransey's forum set broke, so idk. Maybe because they're the first and quickest to load before anything else?

I think i.ibb.co images work. Someone should check that out.
BunilleFeb 21, 2020 8:51 AM
Feb 21, 2020 8:50 AM

May 2018
Bunille said:

CC said:
They're a part of MAL's main storage. That's why the logo, character photos, profile pictures, and forum sets won't break. Although Ransey's forum set broke, so idk.

Imgur images/gifs also are working now as well I think :P
Feb 21, 2020 8:53 AM

Oct 2017
Seijatachiiii said:
Bunille said:

They're a part of MAL's main storage. That's why the logo, character photos, profile pictures, and forum sets won't break. Although Ransey's forum set broke, so idk.

Nope. I only used imgur images for my blogs and the majority of them are broken.
Feb 21, 2020 8:57 AM

May 2018
Bunille said:
Seijatachiiii said:

Nope. I only used imgur images for my blogs and the majority of them are broken.

Really? I just checked your blog and yeah, none of the images have loaded, but in forums I can post gifs/images from imgur. If you can scroll up you can see a gif I posted of Yui from K-On is working and I used imgur for that.

This situation is so annoying TwT
Feb 21, 2020 9:47 AM

Oct 2017
Seijatachiiii said:
Bunille said:

Really? I just checked your blog and yeah, none of the images have loaded, but in forums I can post gifs/images from imgur. If you can scroll up you can see a gif I posted of Yui from K-On is working and I used imgur for that.

Let's see if this works then.

Must be the main storage cache, idk what else it'd be.
BunilleFeb 21, 2020 9:55 AM
Feb 21, 2020 9:51 AM

May 2018
Bunille said:
Seijatachiiii said:

Let's see if this works then.

Nope ahaha, just when there was hope ;-;

Im sure this will be fixed soon, its been reported at least
Feb 21, 2020 10:27 AM

Jan 2009
Bunille said:
My blog posts are filled with broken images, likewise for some forum threads. I just assumed it was a joke until they redirected to actual images and the BBCode was entirely fine.
I can see the pictures in your blog just fine, but not the ones you've just posted:

Let me test just with the first one:

https://i.imgur.com/cPpmXwR.gif
(not loading)

2nd image low quality:

https://i.imgur.com/tbWQYNgs.png

Feb 21, 2020 10:33 AM

Oct 2017
Noboru said:
Bunille said:
I can see the pictures in your blog just fine, but not the ones you've just posted:

Let me test just with the first one:

https://i.imgur.com/cPpmXwR.gif
(not loading)

2nd image low quality:

https://i.imgur.com/tbWQYNgs.png

Copying an already broken image will have no affect.

You know how if you copy an image on mal, it comes up with something like this? https://image.myanimelist.net/ui/jM0dCOQXh2kh27XZrA6u6g2V-ZAzbAtzqc8I3KtfUItFN8TLNJRaS-UGVrf3u4Aa
It's already stored into the site.
And, if I just copy the image that works on my profile...

It works.

Let me test with one of my blog images that you can see, then, and tell me if you see it:

>>You do the same, however, use the https://image.myanimelist.net link you get from my blogs and see if I can see it.

Oh, and speaking of this problem, timeouts might be correlated.
BunilleFeb 21, 2020 10:46 AM
Feb 21, 2020 10:47 AM

Jan 2009
Bunille said:
Copying an already broken image will have no affect.

You know how if you copy an image on mal, it comes up with something like this? https://image.myanimelist.net/ui/jM0dCOQXh2kh27XZrA6u6g2V-ZAzbAtzqc8I3KtfUItFN8TLNJRaS-UGVrf3u4Aa
It's already stored into the site.
And, if I just copy the image that works on my profile...

It works.

Let me test with one of my blog images that you can see, then, and tell me if you see it:

Oh, and speaking of this problem, timeouts might be correlated.

Unfortunately, not

Yes, the images have been going through some proxy since around May 2018 or so. Which is also when the flag counter broke and started to record only from Oregon. But since a few weeks or so, it doesn't even record that

No, I don't see it

We have probably two problems:

1) already existing images not properly loading, at least not for everyone. CDN problem, maybe

2) new images not uploading from specific sites

Test image:

Edit:

First try with embedding working transcoded myanimelist picture:

https://image.myanimelist.net/ui/ogNrt6xjoxcgp7z0v_1Zi4Pm8nf8bVhFcBp_ZyQ2-WIQKBz6uHeiQh4ha84C29bzt15GJYa9JNtMBtzfHg4S0uaf_FWxeweT4v_j_kyLAeA

https://image.myanimelist.net/ui/NMhxKjGdQ21NnPG4rzwnyxPtU660dwWp0yJKZYvodjXSQRdWuXADb5I4VqR_UTTU

Second try with i.ibb.co

(very simple sample-image)

https://i.ibb.co/qjQrpmM/test.png

NoboruFeb 21, 2020 11:12 AM
Feb 21, 2020 10:54 AM
elk sensei

Oct 2013
I've reported the issue to Kineta in Discord, as new pics aren't loading in my club anymore
Feb 21, 2020 11:04 AM

Dec 2018
Its weird I can re post a picture I used like 2-3 day ago! But not picture I posted like 1 week ago!

This works fine, but if I take a older picture its not going to work ,,All of them are on my imgur but it dosnt matter if I chose another address it still wont work, tried several times with different address and shit!! But no!!

Yuri-CrusaderFeb 21, 2020 11:07 AM
Feb 21, 2020 11:26 AM

Oct 2017
It's a traffic or configuration error (from image.myanimelist.net, which takes a while to load the images, and then they appear like that): https://imgur.com/a/L9APx2f

@Noboru second image works for me, but that's because it worked in the first place for me.
BunilleFeb 21, 2020 11:30 AM
Feb 21, 2020 11:46 AM

Jan 2009
@Bunille: yep, seems so. Also getting a 504 error for an image that doesn't load (and now with the same message like you; before, it was just a generic "504 Gateway Time-out" error)

https://i.imgur.com/mxFkzFH.png

So you don't see the guy with the sword, then?
NoboruFeb 21, 2020 11:57 AM
Feb 21, 2020 12:00 PM

Oct 2017
Noboru said:
@Bunille: yep, seems so. Also getting a 504 error for an image that doesn't load (and now with the same message like you; before, it was just a generic "504 Gateway Time-out" error)

No, I do not. Same for the i.ibb.co image.
The only image I see is the image that I can see on my blog anyway.

CloudFront is cache, you see? MAL just needs to troubleshoot and fix it now.
BunilleFeb 21, 2020 12:03 PM
Feb 21, 2020 12:51 PM

Jan 2009
Bunille said:
Noboru said:

I can't see the i.ibb.co image, either (see picture above), but I can see the other image you can't see:

https://i.imgur.com/usXWhMa.png

Yes, it's a provider (CDN/Content Delivery Network) that offers several servers around the world which store and distribute cached version of the images for faster delivery. But the question is, whether they can do anything more than just report the issue.

Btw: have you tried clearing your cache CTRL+F5 (or deleting the cache in the browser settings)?
Though, I could also try via VPN
Feb 21, 2020 12:58 PM

Oct 2017
Noboru said:
Bunille said:

I can't see the i.ibb.co image, either (see picture above), but I can see the other image you can't see:

https://i.imgur.com/usXWhMa.png

Yes, it's a provider (CDN/Content Delivery Network) that offers several servers around the world which store and distribute cached version of the images for faster delivery. But the question is, whether they can do anything more than just report the issue.

Btw: have you tried clearing your cache CTRL+F5 (or deleting the cache in the browser settings)?
Though, I could also try via VPN
It's not just me; it's everyone.
I've tried it on my phone, on safari, etc. All bring the same results. It's an inner MAL problem and my Google cache isn't the reason for them breaking alone.
What would a VPN do in this scenario?
Feb 21, 2020 1:22 PM

Jan 2009
Bunille said:
It's not just me; it's everyone.
I've tried it on my phone, on safari, etc. All bring the same results. It's an inner MAL problem and my Google cache isn't the reason for them breaking alone.
What would a VPN do in this scenario?
Yes, but not everyone is equally affected. Otherwise, the same images wouldn't work for everyone.
Was trying to find out whether it can be solved with a local configuration. Do you know how you can just remove the cdn. from cdn.myanimelist.net and open the image in a new tab if you have troubles with profile pictures or forum avatars or similar not being displayed? If only something like that worked for the transcoded MAL images that don't load

I think it's a problem of their provider, so not necessarily their very own servers, but some third-party service

A VPN would change the routing, so basically the way through which the content gets delivered.
I've just tested it with different VPNs from different European and US-American locations and it was still the same result
Feb 21, 2020 1:54 PM

Jan 2015
The background images on my lists don't show up when I'm logged out, but they show up when I'm logged in. And it says 'waiting for images.myanimelist or something when I'm logged out.

And some images on my blogs aren't showing up. The blog feature and the ability to code our lists are the only reasons I still use this site, and it seems like those are not working properly anymore. >.<
ArillionFeb 21, 2020 1:59 PM
Feb 21, 2020 2:10 PM
Jul 2018
mal is problematic in general with loading images. I use Abload and majority of times MAL would not load the site's direct links.

Especially the "Flex your Collection" thread does not load majority of images
Feb 21, 2020 2:59 PM

Dec 2015
I have a similar issue with my profile, I tried to update my top 35 Anime pic but it won't show up no matter what link or type of pic I put in there, but the older link still works.
Feb 21, 2020 3:55 PM

Oct 2019
huh, I spent a while wondering what the problem was with putting images in my profile.

Its weird that some images still work though

--

👏 hyped for 2022 lockdown 👏
👏 all good things come in threes 👏

- - ✽ - -
Feb 21, 2020 4:14 PM

Jan 2020
Some images dont load for me. I hope theyl fix this soon

Made by k3ti
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Why does MAL not support catbox.moe image links?

vasipi4946 - 4 hours ago

0 by vasipi4946 »»
4 hours ago

» Got 502 Bad Gateway trying to create topic in Support

vasipi4946 - 4 hours ago

0 by vasipi4946 »»
4 hours ago

Sticky: » Inactive Username Request Thread ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kineta - Sep 21, 2015

3367 by Midoriya_lzuku »»
4 hours ago

» Invalid ID provided.

Zagafon - Sep 10, 2016

2 by Kitsunes97 »»
10 hours ago

» Sort your list by member count/poularity?

paperkitten - Jun 17, 2010

1 by abdallah929 »»
11 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.