Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Seven Deadly Sins
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 19, 2020 1:18 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
It's actually kinda amazing how much firepower (in terms of the angels anyways) they got on their side now. Another buildup episode but an important one with everyone gathering together.

I wish the pacing would pick up more but they got the major players together. Seems they're also keeping the knights relevant with training. The archangels' powers are on another level though.
Feb 19, 2020 1:26 AM

Nov 2007
Mamo doesn't want his love to be someone else.

KajiKaji's character's teacher can split part of his body... He still doesn't give up on killing the princess.

Villagers getting attacked and rest of the group getting them to safe place, then reunited w. the princess.

The group as well as Mamo's character's group returns to the kingdom. The princess knows that it's someone else in her sister's body. Angels introducing themselves.

It seems like he wants the group to cooperating in killing all majin. Though slightly different, they are still cooperating. There are people with different ideas or against the idea of collaboration.

Oh, that majin who was long sleeping killed one of four angels... Wow @ their scary stares when the whereabout of him was questioned...

King is sad about the truth about the curse.

About the two angels this time.
tsubasaloverFeb 26, 2020 12:57 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Feb 19, 2020 7:22 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Great moment between Elizabeth and her father, it's sad...
Feb 19, 2020 7:44 AM

Jul 2013
Since Melascula is out of the game at this point, I'll gladly take Margaret+Ludociel as the new best girl.
Feb 19, 2020 11:23 AM

Mar 2019
The art and the story have gotten really good, it's been a while since I read this in the manga and it really is amazing. Elizabeth and Her Father have on of the best relationships in the show.
Feb 19, 2020 5:45 PM
Jun 2017
we are near as the holy war will about to start again... lets see what will happen in the remaining episodes
Feb 20, 2020 2:30 AM
Jan 2019
why the score still low? it gets better and better but still 6 that's unacceptable well it's still airing but I hope it reaches 7

yeah it's hard for a father to learn that your daughter is going to die and I love it
Feb 20, 2020 11:37 PM

May 2019
So Stigma is reformed; seemed much more epic in the manga

I think the series has stabilised from before, though

We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths.
As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are.
That's what death is, don't you think?

------------------------------------
Itachi Uchiha
Feb 20, 2020 11:38 PM

May 2019
So Stigma is reformed; seemed much more epic in the manga

I think the series has stabilised from before, though

We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths.
As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are.
That's what death is, don't you think?

------------------------------------
Itachi Uchiha
Feb 21, 2020 2:18 AM

Oct 2018
Anoo-Domini said:
why the score still low?

you actually rated this absolute horrible thing 10? Even manga isn't any special but it's way better than anime so check that out.
Ri22rkFeb 21, 2020 2:22 AM
Feb 21, 2020 3:30 AM
Jul 2016
ExodiaX said:
Anoo-Domini said:
why the score still low?

you actually rated this absolute horrible thing 10? Even manga isn't any special but it's way better than anime so check that out.

Well by that logic, why is Black Clover a 7.1? Shouldn't it be a 6 as well. And the original Berserk why is it a 8.47 if we're talking about animation. It's more of a slideshow than this.
Feb 21, 2020 8:28 AM
Sep 2015
Dreyfus and Hendrickson are so cute when they're together, surprised that no one ship them.
Howzer is my best boy and it's good that he's single!
Feb 21, 2020 9:13 AM
May 2019
Bird_of_Hermes_ said:
ExodiaX said:

Well by that logic, why is Black Clover a 7.1? Shouldn't it be a 6 as well. And the original Berserk why is it a 8.47 if we're talking about animation. It's more of a slideshow than this.

That berserk is from 1995 but still looks better than what they did to this current season of 7DS lol
Feb 21, 2020 10:07 AM
Jul 2016
SRT_120921 said:
Bird_of_Hermes_ said:

That berserk is from 1995 but still looks better than what they did to this current season of 7DS lol

That's not my point, people are saying that this season is a slideshow the same way that Berserk is. So if with animation quality good, animation=good and bad animation=bad, why is Berserk 8.47? Also I like how you completely gnored my point about BC
Feb 21, 2020 11:04 AM

Oct 2017
Elizabeth and Bartra's conversation was touching. Well the visuals and animation has gotten better but the earlier mess up with major stuff like Escanor vs Meliodas was so bad that improving this at the end part won't help calm the fans at all.

Bird_of_Hermes_ said:

Black Clover should be where lol? Are u even watching Black Clover. This shit is no where near BC. BC animation is inconsistent but it ain't nowhere near as bad as this one and some of the episodes has real high tier stuff.
Feb 21, 2020 11:30 AM
Jul 2016
MegamiRem said:
Elizabeth and Bartra's conversation was touching. Well the visuals and animation has gotten better but the earlier mess up with major stuff like Escanor vs Meliodas was so bad that improving this at the end part won't help calm the fans at all.

Bird_of_Hermes_ said:

Black Clover should be where lol? Are u even watching Black Clover. This shit is no where near BC. BC animation is inconsistent but it ain't nowhere near as bad as this one and some of the episodes has real high tier stuff.

Same with this. I'm just saying that if this is this low, Black Clover should be lower. Not as low as this but lower
Also some things in BC are worse than anything is this season
Feb 21, 2020 11:44 AM

Dec 2014
Hate the angels...those bastards.....the last arch angel is definitely alive..foreshadowed in the opening
Feb 21, 2020 12:58 PM
Nov 2009
The angels are basically parasites while the demons eat and kill humans instead. Not sure which side to take.
Feb 21, 2020 3:01 PM

May 2018
Bird_of_Hermes_ said:
ExodiaX said:

How are you even comparing those shows to each other?!?!?
Berserk is from 1997 and it has better animation and art then this (and don't let me even start about the story of berserk when you compare it to this shit).
Black clover may not have the best animation and art out there but it's way better then this and it usually have pretty good animation on the big and important fights, unlike this season of SDS (you saw how they ruined Meliodas vs Escanor).
Feb 21, 2020 4:47 PM

Aug 2018
Not such a bad episode honestly, it announced what I expect to be a good ending fight. Hoping it won't be butchered this time lul
Feb 21, 2020 8:33 PM
May 2019
Bird_of_Hermes_ said:
SRT_120921 said:

That's not my point, people are saying that this season is a slideshow the same way that Berserk is. So if with animation quality good, animation=good and bad animation=bad, why is Berserk 8.47? Also I like how you completely gnored my point about BC

The old Berserk is good and fits the theme they are portraying. So what if it's slideshow it's from the 90s and it's a classic for a reason. Black Clover is a different case compared to 7DS S3. The 7DS adaptation does lack everything from the manga lacks a lot in each department compared to its earlier season. The pacing is bad, the music is lacking and the animation is garbage and the art looks so dull compared to the manga while Black Clover is just your new Naruto with average animation for a reason because it's just your weekly shounen. Make Black Clover a seasonal 12/24 per season and give it to studios like Bones, Madhouse or Ufotable and it will give the manga's art a justice
Feb 21, 2020 9:51 PM
Jul 2016
SRT_120921 said:
Bird_of_Hermes_ said:

The old Berserk is good and fits the theme they are portraying. So what if it's slideshow it's from the 90s and it's a classic for a reason. Black Clover is a different case compared to 7DS S3. The 7DS adaptation does lack everything from the manga lacks a lot in each department compared to its earlier season. The pacing is bad, the music is lacking and the animation is garbage and the art looks so dull compared to the manga while Black Clover is just your new Naruto with average animation for a reason because it's just your weekly shounen. Make Black Clover a seasonal 12/24 per season and give it to studios like Bones, Madhouse or Ufotable and it will give the manga's art a justice

The pacing is off in a few episodes, the musics is almost never off, again the animation is not garbage. You could say the same about NNT. If NNT was made by Bones, Madhouse etc it would be better. Hell the same could be said about Berserk 2016 if it was made by Bones etc it would have been great
Feb 21, 2020 10:25 PM
May 2019
Bird_of_Hermes_ said:
SRT_120921 said:

The pacing is off in a few episodes, the musics is almost never off, again the animation is not garbage. You could say the same about NNT. If NNT was made by Bones, Madhouse etc it would be better. Hell the same could be said about Berserk 2016 if it was made by Bones etc it would have been great

It's still really bad unless they fix the BDs, which will be obvious to boost sales. I started reading NNT manga when I got hyped on the opening of the S2. Then i binged read it till i reach the last available chapter (the one where Meliodas disbanded the 7ds and left). This s3 had me not wanting to watch it anymore and i finished s2 and gave it an 8/10 even thou the Escanor vs Estarossa part during s2 didnt live up to the hype of the manga
Feb 22, 2020 12:19 AM

Jul 2017
So it looks like Ludociel has been raised from the dead once again, and the situation being more dire than ever: it's do-or-die time.

And with the Four Archangels brought back by Gilthunder and Hendrickson into Liones (with Princess Margeret being possessed by Ludociel), the pact between Stigma and the Seven Deadly Sins is formed to combat the revived Commandments.

For people on the side of Stigma, it's their chance to redeem themselves, more or less, Ludociel's shortcomings that continue to be manipulative.

Bur regardless, their issues known to Elizabeth's dad the king of Liones, the Holy War commences soon.
Feb 22, 2020 8:40 AM

Oct 2018
@Bird_of_Hermes_ can't see your logic since even old berserk adaption isn't unprofessional like this, also seven deadly sins manga sucks with dragged plot points (has been on final arc since 2016) but anime managed to make that worse and funny enough even this season shows looks more professional than this for example keep your hands of eizouken.
Ri22rkFeb 22, 2020 9:06 AM
Feb 22, 2020 9:59 AM
Jul 2016
ExodiaX said:
@Bird_of_Hermes_ can't see your logic since even old berserk adaption isn't unprofessional like this, also seven deadly sins manga sucks with dragged plot points (has been on final arc since 2016) but anime managed to make that worse and funny enough even this season shows looks more professional than this for example keep your hands of eizouken.

You know what sucks?
These nonsensical rantings from people like you. There's no substance in the things you're saying. All of your arguments come down to is "Is bad because it bad."
... That's it
Feb 22, 2020 10:13 AM

Oct 2018
@Bird_of_Hermes_ actually I have my reasons for not liking this series but hey if you like that then that's fine after all different strokes for different folks.
Ri22rkFeb 22, 2020 10:17 AM
Feb 22, 2020 10:21 AM
Jul 2016
ExodiaX said:
@Bird_of_Hermes_ actually I have my reasons for not liking this series but hey if you like that then that's fine after all different strokes for different folks.

You have reasons? OK, let's hear them.
Feb 22, 2020 11:01 AM

Oct 2018
@Bird_of_Hermes_ Why are you so interested hearing why a random person don't like a series that you do? Since it's all subjective and you can't like everything

but sure

do I absolutely hate this series? of course not since Gowther made series worth reading.
Ri22rkFeb 22, 2020 11:12 AM
Feb 22, 2020 11:56 AM
Jul 2016
ExodiaX said:
@Bird_of_Hermes_ Why are you so interested hearing why a random person don't like a series that you do? Since it's all subjective and you can't like everything

but sure

do I absolutely hate this series? of course not since Gowther made series worth reading.

OK, Your first point I fully understand the mangaka clearly tried adding Power Levels it to make power scaling easier to understand (Like in One Piece that one time) but ended up making it nonsensical. Your second point I disagree with because as long as the characters are not actually underage it's OK (just remember the age of consent in Japan is lower than in most western countries). Sure the manga has gone a bit over, but I believe that the mangaka is being forced to rush it. I do not believe he is being pressured into prolonging the series due to the current arc answering a lot of set up questions earlier in the series. The fight between Mel and "Zel" was amongst the best of the series. Merlin? Why Merlin? The mangaka is answering question the readers have had for really long amount of time. Just because the answers aren't what you want them to be doesn't mean they're bad.
Agreed, Estarossa arc was good.
Feb 23, 2020 10:17 AM
Mar 2015
Goddesses restart Holy War Someone should clear the crap from this episode forum if they have nothing to say about the episode There is already a forum for the overall rating
landofthekwtFeb 23, 2020 10:21 AM
Mar 9, 2020 9:14 AM
Apr 2016
I'm certain the goddesses aren't as "nice" as they appear to be, they are probably plotting something.
Mar 26, 2020 9:01 PM

Feb 2013
Estarossa killed an archangel, awesome.
Apr 10, 2020 4:04 AM

May 2018
Lol the Archangels are obviously plotting something
May 1, 2020 12:10 AM
Jul 2015
Why didn't Merlin use that teleport skill against the pacifier demon? Why did they have to run on foot? wtfff
Jun 13, 2020 12:54 PM

May 2015
That scene between Barta and Liz was touching. :(
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Jun 17, 2020 11:56 PM

Oct 2008
just finished watching ep 19 from [Chyuu] subs
damn! Deathpierce suddenly changed sides? just like that!? something's fishy
still no action but epic episode!
5/5.

Sep 19, 2020 5:26 AM

Apr 2009
man, anime sure loves portraying angels as the most evil of bad guys :v
anime and manga, i can't even count how many times i've come across evil angels in those,
and i guess in some western books and movies or TV-series too, lol,
angels are just rotten, more often than not, i guess _:'D
I like to comment Episodes as i Watch them.
Oct 18, 2020 6:26 PM
Jul 2017
Holy war back on. Let's kill some demons.
Aug 24, 2021 6:53 AM
Jul 2018
MegamiRem said:

Bird_of_Hermes_ said:

To be honest, the inconsistency in animation quality isn't that much different from Black Clover. The worst animation that I think Black Clover had throughout the whole entire show was episode 63.
Dec 6, 2021 7:23 AM

Apr 2013
Seems like Ludociel can be much more "nice" if he needs to be, I thought he would be way more arrogant and just try to kill every human who disagrees with him. He's obviously only nice if he needs someone though.
May 4, 2022 11:56 PM

Jan 2020
Man, I feel like nothing happens in these episodes.

I really dislike Elizabeth's hair like this, and I have no idea why they felt it necessary to cut it like that.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Nov 17, 2022 3:07 AM

Apr 2019
Elizabeth getting a haircut and reuniting with the Nanatsu no Taizai, the Archangels and her family. it seems Elizabeth finally told the truth to the King
Mar 15, 2023 4:48 PM

Mar 2020
I didn't really understand and it's good that it became pretty again but the drawings became very pretty to look at again but who was going on at that time in the animation studio?
The beginnings of COVID?
Aug 30, 2023 5:11 PM
Apr 2023
Really cool! Mostly exposition this episode but this time it was done very good. Everything we got was very interesting and fun to watch. Really cool.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai: Kamigami no Gekirin Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 25, 2019

190 by aristotle002 »»
Apr 14, 9:06 AM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai: Kamigami no Gekirin Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 16, 2019

88 by Sodo2050 »»
Mar 13, 11:54 AM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai: Kamigami no Gekirin Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2020

89 by GearheadOtaku »»
Feb 28, 12:34 AM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai: Kamigami no Gekirin Episode 23 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2020

34 by GearheadOtaku »»
Feb 27, 11:39 PM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai: Kamigami no Gekirin Episode 22 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 11, 2020

25 by GearheadOtaku »»
Feb 27, 11:09 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.