Forum Settings
Forums

Second Season of '5-toubun no Hanayome' Premieres in Fall 2020

New
Feb 18, 2020 10:06 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
The official website of the 5-toubun no Hanayome (The Quintessential Quintuplets) anime series revealed new staff members, a teaser visual (pictured), and a teaser promo for its second season on Wednesday. The new season will begin airing in October 2020 under the title 5-toubun no Hanayome ∬ (The Quintessential Quintuplets ∬) on TBS and other channels.

Kaori (Yuyushiki, Miira no Kaikata) is helming the second season at Bibury Animation Studios, replacing Satoshi Kuwahara, who directed the first season at Tezuka Productions. Keiichirou Oochi (Machikado Mazoku, Hinamatsuri) is returning as the series composer. The main cast members will reprise their roles.

5-toubun no Hanayome adapts Negi Haruba's romantic comedy manga of the same name, which was originally published as a one-shot in Weekly Shounen Magazine in January 2017. The manga began regular serialization in August that year and ended in the magazine's 12th 2020 issue on Wednesday. Kodansha will publish the 14th and final volume on April 17. 5-toubun no Hanayome has sold a cumulative 10 million copies of its compiled volumes.

The first anime season aired in 12 episodes in Winter 2019. Crunchyroll simulcast the anime with subtitles, while Funimation streamed an English dub. The latter will release the show on Blu-ray and DVD on May 19.

Kodansha Comics licensed the manga in English in 2018 for both digital and physical release. The 11th e-book volume and the seventh physical volume went on sale on January 21 and 28, respectively.

Teaser PV

Source: animate Times
VindstotSep 29, 2020 12:49 PM

Feb 18, 2020 10:13 PM

Oct 2010
characters somehow look worse than the already subpar season 1. loved the manga, including the end but I really have very little faith in Bibury
Feb 18, 2020 10:15 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Looking forward to this!

Character designs seems a little improved over Season 1 but it's hard to say how the animation standards will fare, in particular.

Change in Director is a little bit of a surprise too for me, hopefully it will be just as good as Season 1. Cast and Series Composer reprising their roles is great!

I know I've said this before but we've got ourselves an interesting Fall season to look forward to!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Feb 18, 2020 10:38 PM

Nov 2007
The amazing studio that has great track record with Azur Lane. Couldn't have hoped for a better studio.

Yep. More reasons to already "Not gonna watch this" plan. :)

Aa~ah. How I wish Bokuben got a complete adaptation instead of that garbage final episode and the shoehorning of Fumino over this anime.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Feb 18, 2020 11:29 PM
No.1 Nahida Simp

Jan 2017
The manga already gave us an unsatisfying ending. And the new studio is literally "who da fck is dis?". So is this one still worth it?
Feb 18, 2020 11:51 PM
Apr 2016
misterkafuuchino said:
The manga already gave us an unsatisfying ending. And the new studio is literally "who da fck is dis?". So is this one still worth it?
Well, the Grisaia OVA they made didn't look so bad (although the story was horrible, but that's not the studio's fault)
Who won in the end, by the way?
Feb 19, 2020 1:16 AM
うまぴょい伝説

May 2017
Character design is much better than the sequel tbh but still not expecting much even with Kaori as director.
Feb 19, 2020 5:15 AM
Viking Gnome

Dec 2018
looking forward to the 2nd season, i overall quite enjoyed the first
Feb 19, 2020 8:01 AM

Aug 2018
Great, I'm hoping for 24 episodes or a season 3 announced after the second (since the manga ended, it should be easier to make such plans).
Feb 19, 2020 8:05 AM

Feb 2019
Ahh shit, this is the same studio as azur lane.
Feb 19, 2020 9:51 AM

May 2015
Don't really know why people consider these designs to be worse. Yeah, they're different, but not in a bad way.

Feb 19, 2020 11:46 AM
Apr 2011
The author himself said on Twitter that he couldn’t handle a long series anymore and rushed the ending. Completely ruined it and gives the win to a girl who didn’t even have an arc. I can’t really feel inclined to watch it if the author isn’t inclined on writing it
Feb 19, 2020 3:18 PM
May 2016
I like the refinement of the artsyle, they really smoothed things out
Feb 19, 2020 3:21 PM
May 2016
yopster89 said:
The author himself said on Twitter that he couldn’t handle a long series anymore and rushed the ending. Completely ruined it and gives the win to a girl who didn’t even have an arc. I can’t really feel inclined to watch it if the author isn’t inclined on writing it

that's a little harsh don't you think, considering the working conditions of the industry.
Feb 19, 2020 5:23 PM
Feb 2016
NG_Chloe said:
yopster89 said:

that's a little harsh don't you think, considering the working conditions of the industry.

The way I see it, if you can't plan a manga story with a good beginning, middle and end with the time constraints and deadlines, then you shouldn't even be in the writing business in Japan if it's only gonna end in disappointment. He wasted a very good plotline and now he's seeing the outcomes of it not being properly fleshed out after picking one of the least favorable girls in his series.

And at this point, I don't plan on watching the second season. Anime only's will also be spoiled about the ending soon too, so it will only lead to more being uninterested like what's happening with the SNS adaptations and for their S5 after hearing how poorly rushed it was.

Never getting invested in another harem manga or anime, because they always end as utter shit and the more favorable girl of the series hardly ever actually wins just because the writer wants to be "subverting expectations" and shit
Feb 20, 2020 6:05 PM

Jul 2015
Supersky said:
NG_Chloe said:

The way I see it, if you can't plan a manga story with a good beginning, middle and end with the time constraints and deadlines, then you shouldn't even be in the writing business in Japan if it's only gonna end in disappointment. He wasted a very good plotline and now he's seeing the outcomes of it not being properly fleshed out after picking one of the least favorable girls in his series.

And at this point, I don't plan on watching the second season. Anime only's will also be spoiled about the ending soon too, so it will only lead to more being uninterested like what's happening with the SNS adaptations and for their S5 after hearing how poorly rushed it was.

Never getting invested in another harem manga or anime, because they always end as utter shit and the more favorable girl of the series hardly ever actually wins just because the writer wants to be "subverting expectations" and shit
You are absolutely disgusting for saying that
Sup...
Feb 21, 2020 10:50 PM
Jul 2018
Supersky said:
NG_Chloe said:

All I have to say for this comment is YIIIKES.
Feb 21, 2020 10:53 PM
Jul 2018
On another note, I actually like the designs here more than what S1 showed at the very least, they look more refined, detailed, and they don't look average either.

I actually dig this, tho I need to go and check the rest of the anime.

Also since I know about the manga spoilers given that it was going all over the place, not gonna lie I'm very interested in seeing the whole thing go full circle. And also, my favorite girl from the series winning is a win for me.
Sep 17, 2020 9:38 AM

Aug 2020
Okay I know this whole discussion is over and all I just want give my thoughts on it that's all. I'm actually worried about the second season 5-toubon no Hanyome like don't get me wrong and all like I liked the first season. I'm just mostly worried about the studio Bibury Animation Studios... Here's an example of something made by the studio. They made the anime adaption Azur Lane and to someone who played the game I gotta say that adaption sucked ass! Like they left so many things out and I'm over here like " why did you do that..." I looked up the studio and I'm over here like "oh there a new studio" and that was another thing I was kinda worried about cause usually when a new studio comes out there first projects is usually are not that great but like I understand its a new studio it usually take awhile to get a hang of things. So at the end of the day a quarter of me feels like this could be good and they rest me feels there going fucked it up somehow but I'm gonna wait until all the episodes come out cause I like it when all the show finish airing and then I can watch without waiting for the next episode to come out. So I'll probably come back here when it finished airing and then I'll say "I know there where going fucked it up..." or if it turns out good " Wow... I thought they were gonna fuck it up.... " and then I have more faith in the Bibury Studio! One more thing if they fuck it up I'm just gonna read the manga...

Thank you for reading for this! (Sorry for how long that is to!)

Wow that's a lot... I really have high expectations for this anime but anyway have good day/night!
<3

More topics from this board

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - 5 hours ago

8 by Avery20 »»
9 minutes ago

» Light Novel 'Saikyou no Shienshoku "Wajutsushi" de Aru Ore wa Sekai Saikyou Clan wo Shitagaeru' Gets TV Anime in Fall 2024

Vindstot - Apr 21

8 by modcarparking »»
4 hours ago

» Netflix Announces 'Garouden: The Way of the Lone Wolf' Anime for May 2024

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

11 by modcarparking »»
4 hours ago

» 'Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou' Season 3 Unveils Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

2 by BankaiGoku »»
7 hours ago

» TAAF 2024 Anime of the Year Winners Announced

Snow - Apr 19

10 by malvarez1 »»
10 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.