Forum Settings
Forums
New
Feb 18, 2020 3:40 PM

Feb 2016
Sooo mal works now? Apparently they tweeted out that they got DDOS'ed and I'm not sure why.

Throughout my life, the moments
and people who define me...
They have all been illuminated by
sparks.

Feb 18, 2020 3:56 PM

Sep 2017
It's still really unstable and I keep getting 504 Gateway Time-outs

Don't know when it will be fixed tho
Feb 18, 2020 4:03 PM

Jun 2014
MAL is still going very slow.

I hope everything goes back to normal soon.

Feb 18, 2020 4:07 PM

Feb 2016
Seiya said:
MAL is still going very slow.

I hope everything goes back to normal soon.

Yeah it goes in and out for me. It's weird.

sparks.

Feb 18, 2020 5:43 PM

Aug 2012
I'm getting PTSD from summer 2 years ago.
Feb 18, 2020 6:11 PM

Nov 2015
MrAwesome2018 said:
SAME!
I so regretted not having a backup for anything.

After the site finally came back up after 2-3 months I was so relieved (I ended up losing a bit of my list, though). Ever since then I've made it a habit to annually copy my list to a google spreadsheet.

Also I only recently discovered the List Export function. So for the past month I've also started regularly exporting my list once a day - which is convenient for a multitude of reasons. Worst case-scenario, I can use it to jump to AniList temporarily if MAL ever goes down for an extended period of time like it did before.
ISOQuorraFeb 18, 2020 7:01 PM
Feb 18, 2020 6:57 PM

Feb 2016
ISOQuorra said:
MrAwesome2018 said:
SAME!

After the site finally came back up after 2-3 months I was so relieved (I ended up losing a bit of my list, though). Ever since then I've made it a habit to annually copy my list to a google spreadsheet.

Also I only recently discovered the List Export function. So for the past month I've also started regularly exporting my list once a day - which is convenient for a multitude of reasons. Worst case-scenario, I can use it to jump to AniList temporarily if MAL ever goes down for an extended period of time like it did before. Then I can just jump back when it gets fixed.

I remember the summer mal was down two years ago but it was down for 2-3 months? Is that really how long it was down for?

sparks.

Feb 18, 2020 7:12 PM
Jul 2018
Has SSJMaster come back to resume his epic battle with Xinil?
Feb 18, 2020 7:18 PM

Nov 2015
Obscxrity said:
ISOQuorra said:
SAME!

Also I only recently discovered the List Export function. So for the past month I've also started regularly exporting my list once a day - which is convenient for a multitude of reasons. Worst case-scenario, I can use it to jump to AniList temporarily if MAL ever goes down for an extended period of time like it did before. Then I can just jump back when it gets fixed.

I remember the summer mal was down two years ago but it was down for 2-3 months? Is that really how long it was down for?

Honestly it was a while back so I'm probably mistaking it for the API issue. I just looked it up on the wiki and they mention it being down for only a few days.
ISOQuorraFeb 18, 2020 7:29 PM
Feb 18, 2020 7:25 PM

Dec 2017
Does this site not have adequate DDoS protection? I'm somewhat surprised if that is the case considering the size and scope of MAL.
Least degenerate visual novel enjoyer.

Feb 18, 2020 7:42 PM

Aug 2015
ISOQuorra said:
Obscxrity said:

Honestly it was a while back so I'm probably mistaking it for the API issue. I just looked it up on the wiki and they mention it being down for only a few days.

Only down for a week or so, but even then, and it's not on the wiki, to get back every functionnality on MAL it took 3 months at least.
We couldn't send PMs, we couldn't see our lists, the forums weren't there either.
At that period I decided to make an Anilist account just to have a backup in case something ever happens again.
Only_TightsFeb 18, 2020 7:46 PM
Feb 18, 2020 8:42 PM

Nov 2015
Youmu_Konpaku said:
ISOQuorra said:

Only down for a week or so, but even then, and it's not on the wiki, to get back every functionality on MAL it took 3 months at least.
We couldn't send PMs, we couldn't see our lists, the forums weren't there either.
At that period I decided to make an Anilist account just to have a backup in case something ever happens again.

Oh okay. Maybe I was remembering right after all. I know that I got tired of waiting to be able to update anything; I also made an AniList account while exploring other websites to use in the meantime. I like the site's look and appearance (especially the sort of integrated MALGraph in your profile section), but it's too minimalist for me to use like MAL
Feb 18, 2020 9:57 PM
Jul 2018
This site was MALfunctioning. 🤔
Feb 18, 2020 11:45 PM

Dec 2018
Thank god the site is back up

More topics from this board

» Why does MAL not support catbox.moe image links?

vasipi4946 - Yesterday

1 by traed »»
8 hours ago

» Got 502 Bad Gateway trying to create topic in Support

vasipi4946 - Yesterday

0 by vasipi4946 »»
Yesterday, 3:00 PM

Sticky: » Inactive Username Request Thread ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kineta - Sep 21, 2015

3366 by Midoriya_lzuku »»
Yesterday, 2:57 PM

» Invalid ID provided.

Zagafon - Sep 10, 2016

2 by Kitsunes97 »»
Yesterday, 9:24 AM

» Sort your list by member count/poularity?

paperkitten - Jun 17, 2010

1 by abdallah929 »»
Yesterday, 7:58 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.