Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Feb 16, 2020 7:49 PM

Feb 2020
(I’ve only read a teeny bit of the manga, so I am referring mainly to the anime.)
So, SDC is my second-least favorite part in jojo (my least favorite is PB.)
I’m genuinely curious about why people love it so much. To me it was a bunch of cardboard cutouts (except Polnareff) going on a 30-episode-too-long quest with severely bad to mediocre opponents occurring the whole way. (There were some good ones too! Both D’arbys, vanilla ice and pet shop are episodes I still love.) SDC does get better in season 2 of its run, where I feel like it does better embracing its villain of the week formula with its search for dio’s mansion in Cairo.

I’m doing this because I actually don’t know why people love it so much, but if you want to piss me off because Part 3 is your favorite then just shit on Part 5
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 16, 2020 8:30 PM

Feb 2020
yeah...obviously I liked the last 4 episodes with dio’s world, but at the same time I was expecting more and was a little disappointed. That was the main reason I was watching SDC (aside to just get to part 4), and I thought shadow dio was more menacing than his reveal at the end.

(and don’t be sorry about your English, it’s great)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 16, 2021 3:02 PM
Sep 2018
Maybe because it’s “cool and badass” but I also have it as my second least favorite. I could skip 30 episodes and still understand the story. Unlike the other parts, you know what’s going to happen since episode 3, Jotaro & friends go to Egypt and beat Dio so Holly doesn’t die. Obviously in the end they will win and save the day.

You know who the bad guy since ep 1, and because of Phantom Blood you also know Dio’s personality. The only intriguing question is what does Dio’s Stand do, and 90% of people already know it because of memes.

More topics from this board

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Akanezora - May 9, 2014

167 by fgowy »»
Apr 13, 11:37 PM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 25, 2014

159 by HilariousPerson »»
Apr 9, 8:34 AM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Akanezora - Sep 12, 2014

276 by Will_Keisuke_ »»
Mar 27, 6:11 PM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 16, 2014

217 by OVERJRIVE »»
Jan 23, 5:29 PM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 18, 2014

231 by ymanaslya »»
Jan 20, 11:29 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.