Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Feb 16, 2020 3:39 AM

Feb 2019
Vinland Saga won the drama award. I'm satisfied.
Feb 16, 2020 3:39 AM

Nov 2019
DeepRiver said:
biswa290701 said:

Yeah that's interesting. Lol
I loved Demon Slayer but I openly say it's only because of the animation. Now Demon Slayer lost in the animation department but won the AOTY. On what aspect!!

I mean, simply because people also liked the characters and themes of the show, is not that hard to think about.

Bro. The characters and themes of the show are good. But the best of the year? Seriously? When you have animes like Vinland Saga, AOT and Mob which aired in the same year?

And the actual "best of the years" from Demon Slayer was the animation and OP. And the irony that the animation didn't win and the OP wasn't even nominated.

I'm starting to doubt Crunchyroll has something against LiSA. I still can't grasp the fact Gurenge and Unlasting weren't even nominated for best OP and ED.
SAO PROGRESSIVE ANIME HYPE
Feb 16, 2020 3:41 AM
Tail On!

Aug 2018
these normie awards are always trash, I don't know why people even bring them up.
Feb 16, 2020 4:28 AM
Jul 2016
biswa290701 said:
DeepRiver said:

I mean, simply because people also liked the characters and themes of the show, is not that hard to think about.

Bro. The characters and themes of the show are good. But the best of the year? Seriously? When you have animes like Vinland Saga, AOT and Mob which aired in the same year?

And the actual "best of the years" from Demon Slayer was the animation and OP. And the irony that the animation didn't win and the OP wasn't even nominated.

I'm starting to doubt Crunchyroll has something against LiSA. I still can't grasp the fact Gurenge and Unlasting weren't even nominated for best OP and ED.

I somewhat agree, and i pesonally liked Jojo and Mob better, but i was just making a point that is kind of desilusional and close minded to think that animation alone is the only thing to be liked about Demon Slayer, when clearly people may like it for other aspects just aswell.
Feb 16, 2020 4:54 AM

Nov 2019
DeepRiver said:
biswa290701 said:

I somewhat agree, and i pesonally liked Jojo and Mob better, but i was just making a point that is kind of desilusional and close minded to think that animation alone is the only thing to be liked about Demon Slayer, when clearly people may like it for other aspects just aswell.

Yes I like it. I loved it because of the animation. If I didn't like the other aspects, good animation or not, it wouldn't have made into my favourites. But the point is that it's overrated way too much. Vinland Saga was the perfect candidate for the AOTY award. The fight award was not deserved by Demon Slayer as well. Mob vs Megami deserved it. Demon Slayer deserves the best animation award but didn't get it. How can they screw up so much? I'm not even talking about the OP/EDs.
Feb 16, 2020 5:19 AM
Feb 2017
boringman15 said:
BlakexEkalb said:
Bad, because Demon Slayer won and Askeladd lost.

you give kny score 9.
then what anime do you think deserve AOTY???

Mob, Vinland Saga, and even AoT (even though it wasn’t nominated for some reason?). In terms of those 3, Demon Slayer does not win in a single aspect. Animation? Mob wins. Characters? Definitely not Demon Slayer. Plot? Vinland or AoT. Demon Slayer doesn’t have 1 thing to match up to those 3 shows, yet it wins simply due to normies only having watched it and both in else.
Feb 16, 2020 5:29 AM
Aug 2017
Kobayasan said:
It wasn't as bad as the previous ones, Kimetsu no Yaiba winning was predictable and i still can't get over the fact that Mob didn't win Best Boy and Askeladd didn't win best Antagoinst(although he was technically the protagonist of the Prologue arc)

Monarch9 said:
Fan voting should be removed. Then the awards will get better.
Have you seen the judges for these awards? They look like a bunch of feminist Buzzfeed employees, removing fan votes won't change much.

Yeah it was much better than the previous awards. They only award I think kny deserved even a lil bit was best fight coz it was really good and I consider Levi vs beast Titan a massacre more than a fight. Best boy was mob and I agree I see askeladd more as a protagonist and he should have won the best protag (senku was the best of the given options so I'm fine). Don't know any of the judges so can't say about that one.
Feb 16, 2020 5:34 AM

Nov 2019
BlakexEkalb said:
boringman15 said:

you give kny score 9.
then what anime do you think deserve AOTY???

Mob, Vinland Saga, and even AoT (even though it wasn’t nominated for some reason?). In terms of those 3, Demon Slayer does not win in a single aspect. Animation? Mob wins. Characters? Definitely not Demon Slayer. Plot? Vinland or AoT. Demon Slayer doesn’t have 1 thing to match up to those 3 shows, yet it wins simply due to normies only having watched it and both in else.

I think for the animation, Mob and Demon Slayer are pretty neck to neck. I liked Mob better as an anime but Demon Slayer's animation is seriously better in my opinion.
Feb 16, 2020 5:54 AM

Sep 2019
Demon Slayer is a a battle shounen. Basically, people watch it for the hype and the so called episode 19 animation. For a battle shounen it does its job well. Story wise, it wasn't all that original. But, Demon Slayer is good as a pure entertainment. Shounen fanboi likes to hype their anime more than it deserves. As voters are free to vote what they like, you can see how these fanbois are taking over and become the majority. Leading it to an ultimately satisfying result. Making something simple and visually entertaining as possible is one of the important aspects of attracting fans to watch and hype it. And this proves my opinion... The story of Demon Slayer wasn't all that hard to understand to begin with. So it's not all that strange for it to win AOTY. In other words, it has become the gateway of 2019 anime now. The number 1 anime you should watch first, because it's the best!

2019 anime in a nutshell : watch demon slayer and keep everything else for later.
If it's bad then you're not a normie anime fan. You should try to go deeper!

Wandering Witch is the best light novel ever!
Feb 16, 2020 6:03 AM

Jan 2018
GreenClock said:
Bad since Demon Slayer won a lot of rewards.

It only won 3 out of 19 lmao. Kaguya won the same amount and I don't see you bitching about that.
What a beautiful Duwang
Feb 16, 2020 6:06 AM

Jul 2016
Ha!I knew that Demon Slayer(overrated schlock) would steal the show.This is why these awards are a joke.
Feb 16, 2020 6:08 AM
Dec 2019
ds winning just shows how big of a joke these stupid meaningless awards are, when a generic cringefest not even top500 show wins lol
Feb 16, 2020 6:14 AM

May 2017
they really want f**k demon slayer so hard huh
Feb 16, 2020 6:18 AM

Apr 2016
I honestly didn't cared about Bakaroll awards. These awards are a joke.

Feb 16, 2020 6:19 AM

Nov 2017
It's shit as always. People should stop paying for this shit streaming service. It didn't make the industry better, esp for the animators. Kissanime, Gogoanime, and torrent are better than Crunchyclown.
Feb 16, 2020 6:26 AM

Mar 2019
This years awards felt like one step forward and two steps back. I thought the set and was a little better this year, but the presentation was really mediocre. The unnecessary brand deal inserts, the cringe two minute mixtape, skipping HALF OF THEIR CATEGORIES, saying they were "BONUS" despite the fact that most of those categories were presented properly last year, and honoring GEORGE WADA OF ALL PEOPLE, was just bad. If anyone this year deserved recognition as an icon, it's KYOANI. Everyone knows this and they didn't even mention it. The personalities at least look like they were having fun so I'll give them that, but the people who put the show together need a reality check. As for the actual winners, I mean award shows don't matter but I'm glad to see most shows get proper recognition. I'm glad Dororo won something, Mob won both the awards I was hoping it would win, Carole and Tuesday actually got an award which was great, and Senku winning best protag was great as well. Other than that though the show felt like a huge step back from last year. I know Crunchyroll can do a lot better and this year it felt like they were extremely incompetent when putting together this awards. I'm not that salty about Demon Slayer winning anime of the year because I expected it to because it's popular, And that's not even the biggest problem with the show. If Crunchyroll really wants to honor anime they need to do it in a more professional manner. At this point they're at a similar point as last years Game Awards, which if you don't remember we're absolutely awful. I know they can do better they just choose not to do better.
Feb 16, 2020 7:34 AM

Jan 2016
Jus1294 said:
GreenClock said:

It only won 3 out of 19 lmao. Kaguya won the same amount and I don't see you bitching about that.
I never watched that show so idk if it's good or bad.
The word elitist is stupid since it's just used by people who can't defend their favorite shows and use it on people who criticize their favorite shows.
Feb 16, 2020 7:38 AM

Jan 2018
GreenClock said:
Jus1294 said:

It's pretty damn good, a lot of people like giving it shit because it doesn't have a highly original story despite it not really needing one. Even if you don't end up liking it, it's a clear standout on how to do an adaptation well since it is much better than its source material.

Edit: I just realized you might be talking about Kaguya. I found it to be a tad overrated myself but I'm fine with everything it won.
What a beautiful Duwang
Feb 16, 2020 7:42 AM
Feb 2017
GreenClock said:
Jus1294 said:

If you like romcoms I’d say it’s for you. Definitely a breath of fresh air when it comes to the genre. If you like a well-written tsundere, it’s for you as well.
Feb 16, 2020 8:55 AM

Mar 2014
Everyone's mad Askeladd lost best antagonist when he shouldn't have been nominated in the first place because he's not an antagonist.
Feb 16, 2020 9:07 AM

Sep 2018
Worse than Oscars. Letting the masses vote for awards automatically makes them irrelevant, even with a system like the Oscars it would be shit tho.

With those awards its just popularity > quality i would bet 3.5$ that if the Oscars had the same system "Joker" wouldve won for sure given that many people didnt even watch parasite and now bash the Oscars for given BP to Parasite.

As for the Crunchy Awards, almost every award win was predictable and i only agree with a fracture of them. I would again argue that its just popularity > everything. *cough* director,AOTY and every other category *cough*.
-Mullerio-Feb 16, 2020 9:18 AM
Feb 16, 2020 8:04 PM

Feb 2020
Nefelupitou said:
Did Kimetsu win? How come is it good?

Kimetsu is an avarege shounen, but well produced.

Mob Psycho is better than Kimetsu at EVERYTHING.

Characters? Mob Psycho
Story? Mob Psycho
Animation? Mob Psycho
Direction? Mob Psycho
OST? Okay, maybe Kimetsu is better here

Kimetsu no Yaiba is far from being excellent, it's good and that's all.

I'm trying to understand how and why Kimetsu got all this hype, it's not even the best thing produced by Ufotable in 2019

although my waifu is nezuko-chan but I agree with you
Feb 17, 2020 4:41 PM

May 2018
Nefelupitou said:
Did Kimetsu win? How come is it good?

Kimetsu is an avarege shounen, but well produced.

Mob Psycho is better than Kimetsu at EVERYTHING.

Characters? Mob Psycho
Story? Mob Psycho
Animation? Mob Psycho
Direction? Mob Psycho
OST? Okay, maybe Kimetsu is better here

Kimetsu no Yaiba is far from being excellent, it's good and that's all.

I'm trying to understand how and why Kimetsu got all this hype, it's not even the best thing produced by Ufotable in 2019

It's a battle shounen and that's why it won. Pretty colours, waifus, power ups, nezuko-chan being so cute and the best looking fight scene ever created (ep 19 was so good :OO)

And now more seriously; it's an embarrassing popularity contest fiesta, don't let the name fool you. Shit has always been like this
reformed
Feb 17, 2020 5:25 PM

May 2018
Nefelupitou said:

Yes, I know.
But I'm talking about the hype, not just the award.

I've partly answered that- it has most of the aspects that your typical anime viewer desires.
IMO those cuties that watch shounen only are being exposed to Ufotable animation for the very first time, which has led to THIS.

Also probably the bias. The newest thing is always the best ever .Anyone who says it's their favourite anime of all time will be saying that about a different anime in a few months.
reformed
Feb 17, 2020 5:32 PM
Jul 2018
Aot s3 p2 was the only anime this year to remain in the top 10 (Mob in second at 19th) and hold a score above 9, yet didn't even recieve a nomination for aoty.

*facepalm*
Feb 17, 2020 5:48 PM

Jan 2018
DespondentBlithe said:
Aot s3 p2 was the only anime this year to remain in the top 10 (Mob in second at 19th) and hold a score above 9, yet didn't even recieve a nomination for aoty.

*facepalm*

That or Jojo should've been in instead of Savage Maidens. There was no real good reason for it to have been nominated.
What a beautiful Duwang
Feb 17, 2020 6:00 PM

Dec 2010
Don't really care its just a popularity based thing that people vote on.
Feb 17, 2020 6:14 PM

Jul 2016
Everything went as expected, its a basically a popularity award so there was no surprise.

Fer everyone mentioning Askeladd losing, hes not even an antagonist so i dont know why he was nominated to begin with.

Only thing that makes me sad was best opening award, Bunch of great ones that weren't even nominated, and even if i love Mob Psycho 100 II opening, Kawaki wo Ameku from Domestic na kanojo was way better in my opinion.

Monarch9 said:
Fan voting should be removed. Then the awards will get better.

Wont make any difference tbh. Yeah you can have 10 or even 100 judges, but even then, a lot will just vote for the most popural, because that's the only show's they watched.

Feb 18, 2020 12:05 AM
Jul 2018
Askelad was robbed of best antagonist. Mob Psycho winning best opening sequence ehhh, literally, other option for me personally was better.
Feb 18, 2020 12:15 AM

Oct 2018
People call anime awards sh*t if their favourite anime doesn't win. People call anime awards sh*t if an anime they hate with passion wins.

But if their favourite little anime wins then anime awards are better and more meaningful than Oscar awards.
Feb 18, 2020 5:06 AM

Mar 2018
If a 1/10 anime won the anime of the year award, then it is instantly trash.
Feb 18, 2020 5:33 AM

Aug 2016
Seriously now people should stop being butthurt over a meaningless award show. Crunchyroll should stop doing these because it only brings hate since they can't please everyone and the ammount of hate that KNY is getting is just stupid
Feb 18, 2020 5:36 AM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
Jus1294 said:
GreenClock said:

Kaguya-sama won the awards that didn't even matter much. Also tbh, at least Kaguya-sama is a breath of fresh air unlike KnY.
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
Feb 19, 2020 7:41 AM

Aug 2017
Anime Awards are good as long as they are not taken seriously because they are not quality awards.

All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Feb 19, 2020 7:58 AM

Jan 2017
Nurguburu said:
Anime Awards are good as long as they are not taken seriously because they are not quality awards.

Well the jury is normally supposed to judge the quality of an anime. Problem is, that they are pretty bad at it or only have seen a few shows that year. (Perfect example: Nominating "Mobs Fight vs big bad guy" instead of "side chars vs tele-chad")
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Is it ok to finish anime you don't enjoy ?

Alpha_1_Zero - 4 hours ago

25 by Tropisch »»
1 minute ago

» What are your thoughts on harem anime?

BuddhaIsBetter - 9 hours ago

41 by epidemia78 »»
6 minutes ago

» Characters that ya think are a Genderbent You

IpreferEcchi - Apr 15

33 by WatchTillTandava »»
11 minutes ago

» How often do you rewatch anime?

Destinesia - 8 hours ago

18 by Shirayukin »»
11 minutes ago

» Upcoming Dubbed Anime ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kenny_Stryker - Dec 17, 2017

9051 by appledude1221 »»
37 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.