Forum Settings
Forums
Feb 15, 5:28 PM

sub reddit has speed scan translation. either read there or wait for official release. curious on everyone's interpretation and thoughts on the ending.

Feb 15, 7:01 PM
Since the chapter discussions have just devolved into a pit of salt, I'll say it right here: I could not have asked for a better way for this to end. Without backing down from Negi's decision to choose Yotsuba, it still validates the development each and everyone of these sisters have gone through.

As for the ending, It's pretty clear by the line about picking a place once before that this took place before the time skip. They've been playing around with the flashbacks and flashforwards for quite some time.
Modified by weirdy8, Feb 15, 7:04 PM

Feb 15, 11:18 PM

A shitty ending fitting for a shitty series.

I'm so glad this is over.

In the end everyone was cucked, even Yotsuba. Greens were pretty angry from what I've seen and I don't blame them, they got absolutely 0 development, especially romantic development.

Now on to BokuBen and hope it won't end as badly as this.

Oh man and the anime is coming soon, so many new people to disappoint...

Feb 16, 2:38 AM

dadnaya said:

In the end everyone was cucked, even Yotsuba. Greens were pretty angry from what I've seen and I don't blame them, they got absolutely 0 development, especially romantic development.

Unless you are a fan of Uruka idk if it will end well. we shall see. the anime end left a bad taste in my mouth cuz of how random it was out of now where.

ya 5 brides had the potential to be one of the greatest romance comedy mangas out there. But negi dropped the ball somewhere around the Kyoto Arc.

Feb 16, 3:19 AM

weirdy8 said:
Since the chapter discussions have just devolved into a pit of salt, I'll say it right here: I could not have asked for a better way for this to end. Without backing down from Negi's decision to choose Yotsuba, it still validates the development each and everyone of these sisters have gone through.

As for the ending, It's pretty clear by the line about picking a place once before that this took place before the time skip. They've been playing around with the flashbacks and flashforwards for quite some time.

I fully agree. It was a nice ending that Negi stood by his original choice of Yotsuba being the winner that he built up the entire manga and also acknowledged the other sister's struggles and their characters. It was really nice. Shame we didnt see the kiss for the wedding but that was probably just to make sure the other ships dont get more angry and salty that their girl didnt win.
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!

Feb 16, 11:29 AM
dadnaya said:

what do you mean by greens? Do you mean Yotsuba fans (the small minority of them), because that would make sense. And yes, this was a bullshit ending that was rushed with very little development between Yotsuba and him, when they've had little interactions from what I remember

Feb 16, 12:28 PM

Supersky said:
dadnaya said:

what do you mean by greens? Do you mean Yotsuba fans (the small minority of them), because that would make sense. And yes, this was a bullshit ending that was rushed with very little development between Yotsuba and him, when they've had little interactions from what I remember

Yea, on Discord we refer to fanbases by color

Ichika is Yellow

Nino is Purple

Miku is Blue

Yots is Green

Itsuki is Red

Feb 16, 1:00 PM
Simply put, what could've been the greatest rom com turned to absolute cancer near its end...like GoT S8 levels of TRASH. Shame on Negi for even writing this garbage.

Feb 16, 2:29 PM

From how I see it, Negi supposed to end the series much earlier. There's not that many room left for development any way. A harem ending doesn't exist.

It had to end somewhere. Yotsuba was the most safest route to end the series without backlash from fans in Japan and other parts of the world.

Imagine if one of the other three girl were picked. If he picked either Nino/Miku/Ichika, boy the fanbase of the other 2 girls would rage like hell.

In the end, the series started gaining attention and he probably couldn't end it earlier. Drag it on more chapters. There's was a lot of unnecessary chapter toward the end.

Feb 19, 12:22 PM
yo! you guys didn't even get a kiss at the end? lol fuck that's blue balling af.

Feb 19, 12:51 PM
i didn't understand the last few pages was fuutarou dreaming the whole time?

Feb 19, 12:56 PM
Ok, so just to put it out there I'm a big Miku fan. I didn't care that he chose Yotsuba but the execution's for the choice was bulls*** you then get the after math of the result in the girls reaction to being rejected and that to me is what killed it for me. I hated what the author did to Miku and Nino. Then he goes and doesn't even show basically any romance evolution between Fuutaru and Yotsuba.

I actually like how Nino points out to Yotsuba that if there was a small chance of her taking Fuutaru away, she'll do it. That to me was actually really good but again it leads to nowhere.

Then the ending, oh come on. If you didn't want to show any results then you should have done what some harem manga's does and that is to have it where the end results doesn't show up. So when he picked a door with one of the Quintuplets have it be a birthday bash instead and boom, no results.

So once again a great manga that goes no where, ship wars that'll go on forever (with many casualties on all sides) and a wimp of an author that was afraid to just do an ending that makes a parring cannon. I hope this author doesn't write anymore harem because we don't need anymore of a disappointment garbage ending like this. So long and goodbye.

Feb 19, 2:12 PM

The fact that Fuutarou woke up and said "the wedding" should logically invalidate the ending. Shame.

Preview MangaManga Store