Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 15, 2020 5:13 PM

Nov 2016
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Cool anime original stuff with Zoro gambling and oh the irony of undercover Franky eh I mean Franosuke looking for blueprints that were given away years ago, love it.

And boy, I think it will be easy to hate Orochi even more in the anime. His transformation looked honestly pretty cheap, going full CGI would've been better xD

Also I liked the part with Momo at the end.
FMmatronFeb 16, 2020 3:55 PM

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Feb 15, 2020 6:24 PM

Aug 2018
Awesome! Episode
8/10
Feb 15, 2020 6:33 PM

Apr 2014
Talk about a nice episode. Orochi got some guts to talk to CP0 like that.
Feb 15, 2020 6:48 PM

Jul 2007
This episode was mainly a transitional episode for what happens next. But i think this arc is about to get pretty crazy judging by the preview of next episode. Once act 2 really gets under way proper, the events just spiral out of control one after another and next episode is kind of beginning of all that. So anime fans, keep your eyes peeled cause things are about to heat up.

Say what you will about the pacing of the anime but one thing i specifically noticed that is far more prevalent ever since the new directorial change of the series is the "cliff hanger segments" ending of episodes are exactly the same as the manga. That is something i can't say was similar during whole cake island. Oda does an amazing job at providing such great cliff hangers and I am happy to see one piece anime is finally following that format in accordance with the timing and ending of the chapters.

Also PLEASE NO SPOILERS ABOUT THE PREVIEW, PLEASE DON'T DISCLOSE ANYTHING BEYOND THE EPISODE FOR ANIME ONLY FANS, THANK YOU!
ArtimesGamerFeb 15, 2020 6:56 PM

Feb 15, 2020 7:53 PM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
Zoro in the starting part of the show lol. Made my day.
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
Feb 15, 2020 8:27 PM

Mar 2016
Orochi behaved like some corrupt politician of my country, I don't think I can hate him more than I do know.
A few episodes back I was asking myself "Who the f*** is the Oiran and why does she have so much screentime?", I thought I wasn't paying attention and now I got the answer, but I'm still thinking what is she gonna in the near future.
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

Feb 16, 2020 1:17 AM

Jul 2007
Gladiolus83 said:
el_morris said:
A few episodes back I was asking myself "Who the f*** is the Oiran and why does she have so much screentime?", I thought I wasn't paying attention and now I got the answer, but I'm still thinking what is she gonna in the near future.

Yeah, I was also wondering about it and what they were gonna do with her. After watching this week's episode….

FYI, I do not read the manga or check stuff up on wikias and such. So if there is info out already regarding this, I don’t know about it.

This has actually been answer completely. So be careful.

Feb 16, 2020 1:40 AM

Oct 2017
More filler stuff but Zoro kicked ass so it was good.
Feb 16, 2020 2:47 AM

Jul 2015
Seeing this episode I kind of suspect who exactly the Oiran is

Nobody messes with Zoro while he is gambling

Feb 16, 2020 2:56 AM

Jul 2016
Zoro being bad ass was nice to see. His new companion is fucking annoying though
Feb 16, 2020 3:37 AM

Jan 2015
We got to see Orochi for the first time in this episode.
Zoro is so strong even without swords.
Feb 16, 2020 5:55 AM

Jul 2016
Vindicater said:
Zoro being bad ass was nice to see. His new companion is fucking annoying though

Well regarding the true identity of his companion.....
Feb 16, 2020 5:58 AM

Jul 2016
I think the bit with Franky this episode was pretty funny.
Feb 16, 2020 6:15 AM
Jul 2018
Only Zoro would consider samurais and mafia members pointing their katanas at him to be a good-natured 'hospitality.' That said, each member of the straw hats keeps messing with Kyoshiro's men one way or another. I highly doubt Kyoshiro would be thrilled about that. I bet Zoro's companion will be relevant to the plot somehow. Interesting how characters with the oddest character designs in One Piece mostly play a key role in the story.

Is Orochi for real? Does he think everyone is happy in Wano? If anything, he sure is confident making powerful demands from Cypher Pol. Honestly, Vegapunk? The most brilliant scientist ever? I understand though. As he said, he does have the protection of Kaido. What a conniving snake.

Why do I have a strong feeling as to the identity of Monosuke's little sister? The hair color does seem to match somehow.

Feb 16, 2020 8:28 AM

Apr 2013
So that Oiran is actually Mononusuke's sister? Guess that's even more evidence that she'll turn out to be one of the good guys, called it last episode.
Feb 16, 2020 11:49 AM

Nov 2008
What the hell sort of power does Orochi have that he can act like that to three CyberPol members? They ought to be able to easily assassinate him regardless of Kaido. And why does Kaido bother to team up with Orochi? There appears to be a huge amount of stuff we don't know about the situation...
Feb 16, 2020 5:15 PM

May 2014
A good ep. Firstly, I thought Zoro was using future haki to determine what the outcome would be (but then again I remembered he doesn't have that kind of ability). Looks like he purely has the luck on his side. Also, he has he amazing deduction skills. The owner did a big mistake by messing with him. Hahahah!

Poor Franky! Flying all around the town trying to get the hand on the blueprints the old-timers pawned away. Just how many guys did he visit? I did a count and got to six persons. Poor man! And that girl was cute,
I hope we get to see something good of her on rule34 (though I highly doubt it)!

Orochi's devil fruit looks really furious
Looks like even the Cipher Pol 0 fears him (more accurate fears Kaido) and won't take drastic moves.

I got to say the ep. was better than the usual. Zoro's scene was the best and really gave the ep. a high quality. Anyways,
mangalicker94Feb 16, 2020 5:58 PM
Feb 16, 2020 6:01 PM

May 2014
xServantx said:

Is Orochi for real? Does he think everyone is happy in Wano?

Probably politics. He couldn't care about them, but it's only for having a good reputation. ^^
Feb 16, 2020 9:46 PM

Apr 2017
im sad when i saw Tonoyasu and Tama. especially Tama with her laugh
Feb 16, 2020 11:27 PM
Jul 2018
mangalicker94 said:
xServantx said:

Is Orochi for real? Does he think everyone is happy in Wano?

Probably politics. He couldn't care about them, but it's only for having a good reputation. ^^

Fair enough, a plausible reason.
Feb 17, 2020 4:11 AM

Feb 2013
They couldn't trick Zoro.
Feb 17, 2020 6:27 PM

Jul 2007
Vindicater said:

Isn't that one most fans say for 90% of the one piece characters. There only annoying until you get to know them. Once you do, suddenly you fall in love with the characters.

Feb 17, 2020 6:31 PM

Jul 2007
mangalicker94 said:
A good ep. Firstly, I thought Zoro was using future haki to determine what the outcome would be (but then again I remembered he doesn't have that kind of ability). Looks like he purely has the luck on his side. Also, he has he amazing deduction skills. The owner did a big mistake by messing with him. Hahahah!

Poor Franky! Flying all around the town trying to get the hand on the blueprints the old-timers pawned away. Just how many guys did he visit? I did a count and got to six persons. Poor man! And that girl was cute,
I hope we get to see something good of her on rule34 (though I highly doubt it)!

Orochi's devil fruit looks really furious
Looks like even the Cipher Pol 0 fears him (more accurate fears Kaido) and won't take drastic moves.

I got to say the ep. was better than the usual. Zoro's scene was the best and really gave the ep. a high quality. Anyways,

I am 99 % this scene/event will be draaaaaaaaged out!

I kind of hope they Draaaaaaaaag it out lol

Feb 17, 2020 10:46 PM

Jan 2015
Who is Orochi's voice actor? Sounds very familiar, might even be a reused one. His voice actor is right on the tip of my tongue, but I just can't quite remember who it is.
Feb 18, 2020 4:36 AM

Jul 2013
Dafuq? Wario + waluigi = orochi
Feb 18, 2020 8:25 PM

May 2018
I was kinda disappointed that Orochi's voice didn't sound like Tekking101's interpretation xD. I still really liked the episode though!

SPRING

Feb 21, 2020 11:22 AM

Nov 2019
5/5 Dope episode
Seeing zoro fighting and getting lost is nice lmao
Feb 22, 2020 3:01 PM

Jul 2007
lxauren said:
I was kinda disappointed that Orochi's voice didn't sound like Tekking101's interpretation xD. I still really liked the episode though!

Tekking101 should honestly voice Orochi.

Feb 23, 2020 7:57 PM

Dec 2019
Always love to see zoro kick some ass, damn tho momonosuke is 20 years younger than the younger sister xD
                                                         đź–¤   

Feb 23, 2020 8:19 PM

Jul 2013
The gambling of Zoro at the beginnging was epic. These guys really thought they could fool him lol. The guy who's with Zoro is kinda weird but also funny. Poor Shutenmaru, now everyone will think he stole the food and the weapons. Sneaky Kinemon.

Oh man I felt sorry for Franky. After working so much he just hears that the guy he worked for the whole time doesn't even have the blueprints.

Damn Orochi has some big balls. The disrespect towards CP-0 was unreal. But never ever would the governmount give him Vegapunk. I hope we will see his dragon form at some point. Looked kinda crazy. I personally like his voice a lot. Am I wrong or is it the same voice as Shukaku from Naruto?

After the scene with Momo I finally realised who Komurasaki really is. That explains a lot. Should be interesting to see when they want to reveal it.

Mar 1, 2020 12:30 PM

Jul 2008
Zoro in a gambling hall...never knew I wanted this so much.
Mar 23, 2020 10:01 PM

Feb 2015
Zoro’s presence is always entertaing, now, who’s this guy, probably is gonna be related to the whole story. Kin’emon trying to provoke Shutenmaru. Well, the re-introduction of Vegapunk is always something interesting to hear, but CP-0 involved, also the one asking for him is Orochi, some experiments plans are around.
Apr 1, 2020 10:34 AM

Jan 2013
Zoro's bit was awesome, you don't screw over one of the strongest swordsman.
Also ... I'm pretty sure it's safe to say that Komurasaki is Hiyori right ... why else would Momonosuke talk about his sister and her being 26 right after ...?

Saiche said:
Who is Orochi's voice actor? Sounds very familiar, might even be a reused one. His voice actor is right on the tip of my tongue, but I just can't quite remember who it is.
The same VA voiced Hogback (the mad scientist from Thriller Bark)
PrOxAntoApr 1, 2020 10:41 AM
Apr 10, 2020 7:51 AM
Apr 2013
Seeing Zoro one shotting scrubs puts me to sleep.
Apr 15, 2020 10:38 AM

Jun 2015
Oh, that gambling sequence is anime original, isn't it?
And they nailed Franky's mission comedy so nicely
Apr 23, 2020 10:29 PM
Jun 2015
Looks like Komurasaki is going to be revealed as Momonosuke's sister.
Apr 24, 2020 10:40 AM

Mar 2010
Hmm If Momo's sister is the Gold digger that gives all the money to the poor then her actions are justified. A bit brutal but they had it coming

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
May 31, 2020 11:59 AM

Mar 2013
Finally some much needed Zoro screen time.

Can someone please tell me what Kin'emon is saying @5:23?
Something like "Kumo nogotoku kyujin..." It's not in the manga, and I want to know how it's said.
Jul 11, 2020 2:41 PM
May 2020
Why oh why did they have to give Orochi a scary voice?!? If only they listened to Tekking101 they would have been on the right path!
Still, Franky's comedic search for the blueprints was done perfectly and I Yoshi (is that the dude with Zoro's name) is great!
Aug 1, 2020 11:19 PM

Jan 2016
Is it just me or does this feel like a completely different anime this arc? Especially with the last few episodes

Sep 9, 2020 1:59 PM

Jun 2016
When Wano lands, it does so with style. When I talk about how comfortable the pacing can be, I mean episodes like this. Having simple scenes like Franky playing a good boy to his carpenter boss before losing his mind realizing it's been for nothing and then proceeding to rampage through town investigating, reminding me of his role in Dressrosa. Or Zoro! Having him beat a dirty gambling house, aware of what's going on, and in the process make an eccentric, homoerotic follower to rival the classic Johnny and Yosaku. I don't even have much to say about these scenes, they aren't the most intricate, but they put a smile on my face and feel real pleasant. It's a good way to celebrate the Straw Hats solo adventures, and spend time in the beautiful and harsh Wano.

Put some respect on Momo's name!!! My man is training and is just as resolved as Kin'emon not to meet his loved ones until they are done. I wonder why the sister wasn't taken into the future, I know traditionally wives are supposed to die with their Samurai husbands or something like that, maybe I'm remembering that wrong, but I can't imagine a daughter traditionally should die with their father? I'm imagining that it was some part of a plan and that she's been a major proponent to fighting the cause in these years.

Sep 24, 2020 11:30 PM

May 2016
Franuske sure is in big trouble kinda funny though, while Zoro just made this episode
really good for me, and the scene from Komurasaki shifting directly to Momo made it
clear as day that the 26 years old Oiran is Hiyori after 20 years.
Nov 9, 2020 4:49 AM

Mar 2015
Oof Orochi isn't one to be messed with! And I too am sure that Momo's sister is the Oiran~!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jan 26, 2021 1:12 AM

Mar 2016
This ep is mainly an update ep showing the current task and whereabouts of the various characters across Wano.

Ay yo, that's dirty! I completely forgot about how Ashura is brought over to fight once more. I can't help but laugh when Carrot and the other minks framed The Atayama Bridge Thieves for stealing the food and weapons! Kinemon you genius bastard.

A filler scene that I like; Zoro gambling. It's never really explained whether Zoro is just extremely skilled in gambling or if he's using his kenbushoku haki whilst gambling. In either case, there's absolutely no fucking way these thugs could even pull a cheap stunt like they did and get away with it without Zoro knowing about it.

Now it's always nice to see Momo train himself. He has a lot of catching up to do if he ever wants to be powerful enough to keep his loved one safe. Especially his sister which you know who it is.
ShadowkillZJan 26, 2021 1:22 AM
Jul 1, 2021 8:52 PM
Nov 2019
Orochi's voice is gonna haunt me in my sleep. He's quite a guy to bully CP0 like that. That Zoro scene in the beginning was dope!
Sep 6, 2021 6:52 AM

Jun 2019
Zoro is still badass as ever. A little bit of Momo in the end.
Sep 9, 2021 12:59 AM

Aug 2021
Orochi is a dragon as well

Sep 18, 2021 5:05 PM

Sep 2015
Wow Furanosuke going out on the carpenter master

I wonder how Zoros haki was able to detect the cheater hiding under.

De-gozaru
August 6th 2023: Biggest upset ever, deception, selfishness, or scammed, manipulated. Heavy damage costs, and more. Days since: 15 Last updated: 8/21/2023

One Piece Episode 1041 & 1042 & 1047 & 1048 & 95.75%/1049 & 1053 were a mistake and Uta brought the salvation -AhriTheS3xyFox

Jun 2, 2022 2:13 PM

Dec 2012
Holy smokes, did Zoro just slash those guys with conqueror's haki? I've been thinking of this since he made that sumo guy back down, but it would be very fitting for Zoro to have conqueror's haki since his ambition to become a master swordsman means overcoming all others.

I think the segue from Komurasaki to Momo basically spells it out. Ironically enough it was a filler arc in early OP that put that possibility into my head immediately.

I was going to call it a day here, but I can't ignore the title of the next episode. Here. We. Go.
Aug 12, 2022 7:22 PM

Jan 2021
I think I’ve said something like this before but Dr Vegapunk we’ve been seeing and hearing abt him and his accomplishments almost since the beginning of the series and he’s so impressive to the point where even the land of wano know abt him and want him
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Episode 843 Discussion

Ulquiorra - Aug 8, 2018

16 by FedeMetal »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 842 Discussion

Ulquiorra - Aug 8, 2018

20 by FedeMetal »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 402 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Ishmael - May 24, 2009

82 by gannoncannon55 »»
Today, 12:28 AM

Poll: » One Piece Episode 401 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Ishmael - May 16, 2009

73 by gannoncannon55 »»
Today, 12:10 AM

Poll: » One Piece Episode 400 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Miked - May 9, 2009

135 by gannoncannon55 »»
Yesterday, 11:48 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.