New
Feb 15, 2020 10:01 AM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007

Vote for Your Favourites

How to Vote?
Use this Voting Form
Vote for a maximum of 5 or a minimum of 3 MALentines. Each choice gets 1+ point.
Discuss your choices and any other honorable mentions. This is a discussion thread, not just a place to collect votes.
Creators should not give away their MALentine! We will post the authors after the voting has ended.

Voting Deadline
Monday, Feb 17th, 23:59 PST

You must vote in this thread before this date!

Winners Announced
Tuesday, Feb ~18th

This thread will be updated with the authors and winners!

Entries
Note: Some submissions consist of pictures from the series, entries may contain spoilers.
If you're sensitive to this, please be aware.
KinetaFeb 21, 2020 1:00 PM
Feb 15, 2020 11:07 AM

Feb 2013
I voted for "A dialogue with loneliness", "Sweet love", "Hanako-kun forever", "My love letter" and my own which i can't reveal.
If any of these is yours, good job, i really like them.
My favourite is definitely "A dialogue with loneliness", i enjoyed it way more than the others, including my own.
If you wrote it, i hope you see this.
"It's a given that i'll be betrayed because i'm weak."

Feb 15, 2020 11:09 AM

Jul 2019
very creative stories for this event, good luck to participants
Feb 15, 2020 1:17 PM

Jul 2016
I voted for.....
♥ Valentine's Day is Cancelled Due to Lack of Interest
♥ Headlight
And my own entry.

My favourite definitely has to be "Valentine's Day is Cancelled Due to Lack of Interest",that one contains just the right amount of satire and wit.It's really clever.Congrats to whoever made it,i'm rooting for you~
Feb 15, 2020 2:38 PM
Apr 2016
I voted for "Valentine's day is cancelled due to lack of interest" , "Tears and more tears" and "Hope my feelings reach you". And of course my own one. ;)
Feb 15, 2020 3:19 PM

Oct 2017
It's so hard to choose. Ahhhhhhh! Good luck everyone. ^_^
Feb 15, 2020 4:05 PM
Jan 2017
My votes:
Rems valentines poem is sooo sweet!! Its a shame I love emilia haha
My usual valentines day is painfully relatable, as the title suggests. Then again, most of kazumas struggles in konosuba are relatable and hilarious
Love the references in the yu gi oh one
Also, nothing sets the romantic mood like some good old hemorrhoids XD
And the tagging long with your parents on valentines day suggestion in vday is canceled made me laugh out loud so it gets a vote

Honorable mention: elevator love! Saburouta has been holding out on us and this elevator confession is my savior lol

Didn't vote for my own bc in the end, its not about winning. Its about fun! XD had no idea I wasn't supposed to put my name on the project : ill keep that in mind for next year lol
not_a_dog_woofFeb 16, 2020 4:18 AM
Feb 15, 2020 5:53 PM

Jun 2010
So many entries. I had fun reading all of these, good job guys.
My personal favorites were "JoJo's Bizarre Valentine - Dio's Love", "My usual Valentine's day" and "Polnareff's Bizarre Valentine's Day", which I gave my vote for.
Feb 15, 2020 6:31 PM

Jun 2015
Here are my votes

Dio's Love: my favorite part is when The World screamed "UWU!"

Hanako-kun Forever: this one was obviously a passion project. I have lots of respect for the time and effort that went into this MALentine entry.

Whispering you the "love" song: easily my favorite submission. It's pure comedy gold from start to finish.

A Pharaoh, some references and a Valentine's date: I really enjoyed this one. Paying homage to Yu-Gi Oh! Abridged will always be a positive in my book.

Amy! Don't fall for that loli, be my Valentine!: I would love to see a sequel for this. Self Insert-kun deserves to win over Bargain Basement Kanna Kamui.
Feb 15, 2020 6:31 PM

Apr 2019
Honorable mentions:

"The bold move" was too funny. Think I hearted tht.

"The one I truly love" was really cute too.

I died when I read "Whispering you the love song"... So funny.

Though I loved these, I only voted for ones that took this seriously xD so... Sappy not meme worthy entries and not listed here.

Nice 💬💕 everyone
Feb 15, 2020 10:11 PM

Mar 2015
Good luck all participants~ I'm doing it rushed, so sorry for error grammar.
Feb 16, 2020 12:45 AM
Apr 2016
Nobody voted for mine.. T_T
Feb 16, 2020 1:52 AM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
I see something that might not have been intended. Let'sssss send a PM to a mod really quick. Ey.

There are so many entries! These were fun to read! Thanks everyone!

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Feb 16, 2020 8:36 AM
Aug 2010
My usual valentine's day:
Made me laugh. Thanks.

Sweet love♥:
I haven't read the manga that this is from (for some reason it's on my PtR though...) but that was really sweet. I really appreciate that this is about an existing relationship and not a confession. It's my favourite and I'm glad you submitted this

Polnareff's Bizarre Valentine's Day:
made me laugh.

Whispering You The "Love" Song:
GAAAAAY! Love it.
Yes. I'm 12. (I joined MAL when I was 2.)

The Bold Move !:
Scratch that, I'm 8?
"Shit! Could it be that she found out about that."

A Pharaoh, some references, and a Valentine's date.:
Damn, I actually bought the original Yugi deck for nostalgia's sake. What a strange feeling holding these cards in my hands after all these years. Also got the Egyptian God cards which back then I dreamed of having...

Headlight:
What
lpfFeb 16, 2020 9:24 AM

Feb 16, 2020 8:42 AM

Mar 2009
Good job everyone, it's nice to see so many entries. ^^

In order of enjoyment, here are the 5 entries I voted for:
  1. My usual Valentine's day: It was funny, relatable and well-made. The jojo meme was used perfectly! =D
  2. Elevator Love: This was short and sweet. More importantly, it captured the dynamics and story of the manga. Combined with the high level of craftsmanship (excellent editing), I found myself doubting whether the creator even changed anything in that page.
  3. Whispering You The "Love" Song: Hilarious, PG-13, and looks like a real manga scanlation XD
  4. A pharaoh, some references, and a Valentine's date: I enjoyed this quite a bit, parodying or making meta remarks were quite good. @ creator: I didn't think the subtitles BG was that bad.
  5. Youtube x MAL Love Story: I think this was the only entry about the MAL community. Despite being short, it was funny. I really didn't expect to like this enough to vote for it. Good job!

Honorable mentions go to:
  • Polnareff's Bizarre Valentine's Day: I don't know much about Jojo's bizarre adventure, but I read somewhere that Dio is considered a Kamidere. I really liked how you switched the char type to yandere at some point. The last panel was just perfect! "Daddy's here!" XD
    It was really a toss-up between this entry and the YTxMAL one when it came to voting.
  • Spring Scent of Love: This was really sweet and I almost voted for it , but in the end it came down to font choice. I just didn't like that font.

I would still like to read the late entries (if any). Possibly in this thread after the voting is over, or in a different thread.

====================
lpf said:

Headlight:
What

I think the guy died (they had an accident?), and the girl was just remembering that night. The guy sounded like an abusive jerk tbh, so I dunno why she misses him. Perhaps I just didn't get this entry.
grave_robberFeb 16, 2020 8:47 AM

Lulu ❤ | My MALoween Candy
Feb 16, 2020 9:29 AM
Aug 2010
grave_robber said:
I think the guy died (they had an accident?), and the girl was just remembering that night. The guy sounded like an abusive jerk tbh, so I dunno why she misses him. Perhaps I just didn't get this entry.

That makes sense, actually... A relatable depiction of rumination during grief. Well made. As for why she misses him, I will let famous philosopher Rich Chigga speak:

Also, look into trauma bonding.

I hope the creator is not going through something like their submission but if you are, I hope you are ok and offer my support in PM if you need it :(
lpfFeb 16, 2020 9:32 AM

Feb 17, 2020 12:33 AM

Mar 2009
@lpf, yeah that makes sense. The traumatic bonding could be explain if the guy was indeed abusive, we only have 1 page so it's hard to be sure. Another possibility is that she was feeling guilty because they were arguing right before the accident.

I too hope that the creator hasn't experienced such a loss.

Lulu ❤ | My MALoween Candy
Feb 18, 2020 7:22 PM
Jan 2019
I wonder if the results will be given today or not.After all they had to deal with the Ddos Attack..
Feb 20, 2020 7:59 PM

Oct 2017
Winners still haven't been revealed (°△°͈). Hope everything is ok behind the scenes.
Feb 21, 2020 7:39 AM

May 2017
i think they just forgot about this ahah
A person's life is not comprised of four repeating season, but a year-long winter wilderness, whether or not you stop to wipe your blood or tears, they will inevitably freeze over.
Feb 21, 2020 12:52 PM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
Sorry for the late winners post, everybody. The DDoS happened the night I was going to post the winners, and then I kind of was buried in a mountain of sand for a while reading all 188 chapters of AkaYona in every spare minute I had. Needed to mentally check out for a little bit after all the drama.

Without further ado, a BIG THANK YOU to everyone who took the time to participate in this year's MALentine's event. I hope it helped to boost your spirits a bit :) Also, please give a big thank you to firefractal and ImperfectBlue who did all the organization, post building, form creating, etc. for me this event. I did little more than click "post".

Top 5 Most Voted

All Story Creators (sorted by votes)

We hope to see you all again next year :)

If you have any ideas for MALentine 2021, feel free to suggest them in your post. This year we revisited the very first MALentine's activity from 2014. In past years, we have also hosted:
• Character couple crossovers
• Mystery valentine cards
• Poetry meets anime gifs and images
• A user mod matching quiz
Feb 21, 2020 4:47 PM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
Oh wow. I wasn't really expecting anyone to even like my entry, so it's a honor to be up there in the top five-- heck, the top three. ;o;; Thanks everyone!

So many of the entries were so cool and read so smoothly! For example, Whispering You The "Love" Song (my fave! Really well-constructed!!), Cupid's visit~, or Polnareff's Bizarre Valentine's Day.
A Capitalist Trap was fun because it reminds me of those reeeeaaally troll fan translations that I'd always run into long ago.
My usual Valentine's day was hella funny!
Headlight and A dialogue with loneliness had really interesting takes on this and I really appreciated those!
Hanako-kun Forever-- I liked how a little extra was added to make it even cuter! ;o;
Tears and more tears- I was so curious about the context of this that I just HAD to look it up. Props on making something completely different.

It was really cool to see what stories everyone came up with. Not just for Tears and more tears, but I looked at some of the original dialogue for some other entries as well and was blown away with just how different and inventive everyone was!

I didn't always understand the references for some of the entries, but a big thank you to the creators who didn't make their entries too hard to understand for those who were unfamiliar with the original content!
And of course, I'm really intrigued by everyone's different sense of humor.

Thanks for the event! It was fun!

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Feb 21, 2020 5:38 PM

Oct 2018
Nice job, everyone. I enjoyed reading through all the entries even if I didn't enter anything myself.

Polnareff's Bizarre Valentine's Day deserves more votes. It was an epic.
And I feel bad for A Capitalist Trap. Now I think I should've voted for it because I thought it was pretty cool.
My favorites were "A Pharaoh, some references, and a Valentine's date." and "Whispering You The "Love" Song".
Feb 21, 2020 6:07 PM
Jan 2017
yay! this was actually really fun! looking forward to more creative contests and also malentines 2021! props to everyone who put time and effort into their entries as well as the winners^ i really enjoyed reading em <3
Feb 21, 2020 7:34 PM
Jan 2019
Lol, cant believe mine made it in the top 5.
There were so many amazing entries this year.
THANKS MINNA
GHOSTskMar 21, 2020 9:20 PM
Feb 22, 2020 2:56 AM

May 2017
WOO thanks a lot guys, now i can show this to my mom who says im a failure at life
A person's life is not comprised of four repeating season, but a year-long winter wilderness, whether or not you stop to wipe your blood or tears, they will inevitably freeze over.
Feb 22, 2020 6:11 AM
Aug 2014
Aww, I didn't expect my entry to make it to the top, but I kinda wanted to know how many votes I got.
Feb 22, 2020 7:46 AM
Jun 2015
glowstonetrees said:
Aww, I didn't expect my entry to make it to the top, but I kinda wanted to know how many votes I got.

Yeah, it would be nice to know how many votes we got... -_-
Feb 22, 2020 7:57 AM
Feb 2020
Gostei muito de participar desta edição, achei a proposta deste evento muito interessante, gostei muito de todos, não tenho um favorito, nem mesmo o que eu fiz: "Um diálogo com a solidão", acho que poderia fazer algumas melhorias e tauz... Bom gostei bastante de todos e espero ansiosamente para participar do próximo, e que estes que virão se tornem ainda mais gratificante, interessante e divertido....

Ps: Sei que em alguns leituras, lágrimas caíram de emoção.... kkkkk
Feb 22, 2020 11:56 AM

Nov 2017
Congratulation to all the winner ^_^
@lpf / @grave_robber Thanks for your concern but i don't have gf to begin with lmao 😂 It's like saying if someone write story about serial killer he must be a serial killer.
Since story explanation is probably the worst thing to do for someone who's telling a story here's a hint :
The story contain 1 twist, 2 ending and 1 trap
But sadly both of you fell for the trap 😂

Feb 22, 2020 3:12 PM

Oct 2017
It was great to participate hehe! Everybody did such a fantastic job and the winners deserve their place. ^_^
Feb 22, 2020 4:00 PM

Apr 2019
Congrats to everyone who won! I really enjoyed being part of this event and also wanted to say thank you to everyone who took the time to read all of the entrees to make a voting decision.

Thanks for voting for Hanako-kun. It was really nice to hear that my fav ship was appreciated.
Feb 22, 2020 4:53 PM
Mar 2019
Thanks! Someone voted for My story!!! I really enjoyed to participate and the next year I'll give My Best.

Congratulations to the winners!
Feb 22, 2020 9:05 PM

Mar 2015
Congrats for you guys~
This is the first time for me to join this kind of contest~
Thanks for those had already voted to me, I'm so happy.
Feb 23, 2020 11:38 AM

Jul 2019
6th nice, i didnt expect to place that high lol, thanks guys :) and gg to all the other guys who participated in this cool contest.
now i can rest lol.

More topics from this board

» Best Signature Design - April 2024 | Voting

Nate - Yesterday

9 by jay »»
4 hours ago

» | OPEN | Best Profile Design (April 2024) VOTING

KarenShirotori - Apr 21

15 by Taiyaki »»
Yesterday, 2:29 PM

» [CLOSED] Best Signature Design - April 2024 | Nominations

Nate - Apr 1

9 by Nate »»
Yesterday, 6:14 AM

» | CLOSED | Best Profile Design (April 2024) NOMINATIONS

KarenShirotori - Apr 1

8 by KarenShirotori »»
Apr 21, 4:05 AM

» Best Profile Design (January 2024) WINNER

KarenShirotori - Feb 4

7 by batslimeman »»
Apr 17, 8:23 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.