Forum Settings
Forums
Feb 15, 3:43 AM

last month one of my friend confess to me that he did something criminal and morally wrong. Even though I want to go to the police but I can't go with any proof. Now I feel guilty around him , all the time......

so would you be friends with a criminal? or Would you go to the police?
Modified by emraanash, Feb 15, 4:14 AM
“You can always die. It's living that takes real courage." - Himura Kenshin”

Feb 15, 3:44 AM

Depends on the crime. Practically anything is criminalized nowadays, after all.

Feb 15, 3:49 AM

It really depends on the crime. If the crime is shoplifting from when they were 15 then I’d still be friends with them. If they were a rapist or some shit like that then I wouldn’t want to be friends with them.

Feb 15, 3:50 AM

SadMadoka said:
Depends on the crime. Practically anything is criminalized nowadays, after all.

what if your friend killed someone?
“You can always die. It's living that takes real courage." - Himura Kenshin”

Feb 15, 3:56 AM
Whatever

It depends on the crime and the reason behind it.
If they raped someone? Go to hell.
If they killed somone for an on human level very low reason? Go to hell.
If they are scamming people, because they are too lazy to work? Stay away.
If they killed someone for a reason I get behind (self-defense, accident (could happen if you are drunk and get in a fight or something), someone who was abusing them and they lost control etc.), I might not judging. I won't go into detail but I know online someone like that and really won't mind meeting him.

Feb 15, 3:56 AM

emraanash said:
what if your friend killed someone?

Depends on the nature of the act. If it was in self-defense, I'd be fine with it; if it was murder, I would not; if it was something like a soldier killing someone in a war, I'd have mixed feelings about it.

Feb 15, 4:07 AM
If he's from an anime. I mean seriously, who wouldn't want to be friends with Garou???
BDSM = BUDDHISM

Feb 15, 4:38 AM

Depends on what they did, why, how they feel about it and whether it would cause a problem for me or people I care about.

Feb 15, 5:00 AM

Being a criminal or not isn't a factor I would normally take into consideration. I'd use my own brain to assess their worth rather than blindly judging them based on what our society thinks of them.

Feb 15, 5:03 AM
Sing For Me Miku

One of my friends that I went to school with got locked away for perverting the course of justice. He lied in court to try to save his cousin (who has been in and out for years)

After that incident I kept my distance. Then I joined the military. Nowadays I only see him a few times per year but he is doing well. He has three kids now and is in a long term relationship. He also became an entrepreneur since his criminal record wasn’t helping him to land jobs. He was driving a really nice BMW for a while before the second and third child came along. And he is always pretty extroverted and a happy life of the party type of guy. Always planning birthdays and getaways. He loves it lol

He doesn’t play video games except for the Xbox 360 I have him years ago. He only plays Civilisation Revolution and GTA. And I’m pretty sure he has never watched an anime in his life other than Pokemon. Another reason why I have drifted away from him and all my other irl friends.

Feb 15, 6:10 AM

Truthfully, yeah. I’m not exactly a beacon of morality myself. Maybe I just have an empathy problem or something. But being friends with a criminal wouldn’t bother me.

Feb 15, 6:27 AM

149597871 said:
Being a criminal or not isn't a factor I would normally take into consideration. I'd use my own brain to assess their worth rather than blindly judging them based on what our society thinks of them.

Yeaj there is some pretty aweful things people can do that are totally legal and there are crimes that aren't anything to look down on or fear.

Feb 15, 6:28 AM

Well, we are all sinners. I think as long as they aren't mass murdering psychopath, it's still ok.
Next, Mostima

Feb 15, 7:34 AM

Nothing is wrong in being friends with criminals. Most of the politicians are criminals you know.

Feb 15, 7:35 AM

Depends on the seriousness of the crime, I reckon. I could be friends with, for example, a weed dealer but could never see eye to eye withan unrepentant murderer.
One bright day in the middle of the night, two dead boys got up to fight
Back to back they faced each other, drew their swords and shot each other
A deaf policeman heard the noise and came and killed those two dead boys

Feb 15, 8:04 AM

all my friends are criminals we always j walk and swear in public
Yare Yare Cuban Missile Crisis Daze

Feb 15, 9:39 AM

It depends, if he likes relatively flat, small and adorable things, then he is a good guy judged unfairly. If he is a murderer, then I would maintain distances, the police are a useless the truth.

Feb 15, 11:56 AM

Depends on if they learned from their actions and are still committing crimes or not.
Most of the friends I've had in my life had been morally reprehensible, I'm no do Gooder myself.
My old friend was a drug dealer and I stopped being friends with them cause they gossiped too much.

Theivery is fine, my grandmother in law shop lifts all the time she's like 83

It's only if they raped someone that I'd have a problem

Cause you can regret murder/ murder can be accidental, rape cant.

Feb 15, 3:59 PM

no because they would like kill someone and I would become a suspect

"You were stunned and moved by the dreadful
beauty of hell, weren't you?"

Feb 15, 4:10 PM

traed said:
Depends on what they did, why, how they feel about it and whether it would cause a problem for me or people I care about.

I'm gonna have to agree with this person. It really depends on what they did. If there was potential backlash for some bullshit they caused then hell no I don't want that kinda shit in my life.
Child or animal abuse is a hell no and I would definitely go to the police.

Feb 15, 5:47 PM
Destroy w/ Laser

I'm gonna have to say no, mainly because I don't want to be in the position where I'd have to be a snitch. Damned if you do, damned if you don't, so I rather just avoid the situation entirely.

Feb 15, 7:01 PM

All comes down to the severity of the crime, if they learned from it, and how being around that person could affect me.

I've had some family members on my father's side of the family do stupid stuff in the past that got them some time in prison. They had to deal with the repercussions of their crimes for a while and eventually moved on from the experiences to be better as a result.
Modified by ggultra2764, Feb 15, 7:05 PM

Feb 16, 12:16 AM

If they just murdered someone or injected heavy drugs up their and their customers' ass, sure, I see no reason why not. But, if they did some unforgivable and atrocious crime against humanity, such as evading taxes, then no, not even Jesus would.
Modified by Kosmonaut, Feb 16, 12:23 AM

Feb 16, 2:41 AM

I do have a thing for bad boys and a little danger here and there makes things exciting.

“Kindness sometimes leads to even greater tragedy.”
-Homura Akemi

Feb 16, 2:55 AM

People tend to look at this in a really two-dimensional way, which is just plain wrong. Of course, this is all situational and naturally you're not going to be buttbuddies with a serial killer and such, but when it comes to less severe cases, you need to understand the person's reasons, whether they regret committing a crime and how sound they are mentally. If the potential friend in question regrets what they did and are actively seeking help and are helping themselves in terms of mental health for example (so basically they're actively trying to prevent themselves from doing anything dodgy in the future), then you shouldn't reject them outright and you have a valid reason to befriend them. Whether you choose to do so comes down to many other factors, but the main takeaway is that you should look beyond the crime they committed when judging their character.
Try to be less shallow, folks. Disliking or even liking someone simply because they committed a crime and disregarding the context and the person's character is pretty dumb in these cases. But the list of crimes is incredibly long in every country so we can only really judge people on a case by case basis, so it's pretty much impossible to accurately answer a question that's as vague as the thread title.

Feb 16, 2:58 AM

Well, I myself am a criminal, who commits the absolutely horrendous crime of smoking dope almost every weekend. So I wouldn't judge any murderers or rapists.
If you smoke the dope you're the worst of them all.