Forum Settings
Forums

How Do You Cope With The Fruitlessness Of Most Discussions?

Feb 14, 2:02 PM

Hello, I will get to the point.
I love to ask things to people.
To get fresh ideas, new perspectives and all.
But after having done so for years...
It feels most chats are in themselves sterile.
Should I save on words or keep pushing?
Do you engage in futile speech?
Or does it bore you to death when you know it is not going anywhere?

Feb 14, 2:10 PM

I engage in new conversation. But I keep it more and more scarce with age. I'd rather not take the risk to waste even more time on something that might already be a waste of time. Here I am posting on MAL forum, though.

Feb 14, 2:29 PM

Well, I thought it was about sweet fruits discussions Sometimes when the person is too stubborn I just hang up the phone.

Sometimes I just post my opinion and when someone gets irate they just won't let me hang up.
I don't need to deal with crap like that, but it'll just call me back again, and again, and again. I start to just ignore it.

Now, no matter how tempting it might be, you don't have to put a boot up people's arse every time you feel like making a point so just save your breath to something worthwhile

"Know thy self, know thy enemy. A thousand battles, a thousand victories"

Feb 14, 3:04 PM

the thing is that u can never know

1) maybe the person u spoke to really changes his/her opinion but simply didn't respond

2) people are always influenced by others. even if someone denies something in the chat or the post, it will stick to a corner of his brain. he might eventually change his mind or not
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Feb 14, 3:09 PM

Are you talking about online discussions or real life ones?
I have personally never had an even remotely enlightening conversation online. At most there would be two parties agreeing with eachother, and that's it. No dialectics, so to speak.
The only person I have ever had interesting discussions with was a guy I met at university, my psychology professor, and my dad. I think the problem is not that all conversations are futile, but that you're talking to the wrong people.

When it comes to online discussions, I've basically already given up. I don't engage in them at all. I've been on several forums and chatrooms for the past ten years and didn't learn a single thing from them beyond what anime are fun to watch.

Feb 14, 3:47 PM
If I am bored of discussions, I take a break from them. After a few days I regain energy, patience and motivation to engage in discussions. Evern when you get nothing from them, someone else might see something meaningful in it. Depending if it is a forum or a 1 to 1 discussion, ofc.

Feb 14, 4:08 PM

less is more, imo. so i try to make things as well-meaning as possible. and not forcing stuff, trying to make it natural.

Feb 14, 5:42 PM

I mean I would assume that talking in forum boards would be the epitome of futile speech but maybe that's just the bored in me speaking lol.

Seriously though, don't give up on people. There are so many interesting and wonderful men and women out there with rich interesting life stories ranging from all ages that I find it hard to believe that there's none left to keep you engaged. Maybe 9/10 are futile. Even so, that slight chance is worth thriving for imo.

๐“ท๐“ช ๐“ด๐“ช๐”‚ ๐“ฝ๐“ช๐“ฐ๐“ช๐“ต ๐“ด๐“ธ ๐“ป๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ฐ ๐“ซ๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“พ๐“ซ๐“พ๐“ธ
๐“ท๐“ช ๐“ด๐“ช๐”‚ ๐“ฝ๐“ช๐“ฐ๐“ช๐“ต ๐“ด๐“ธ ๐“ป๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ฐ ๐“ฑ๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ญ๐“ฒ ๐“ผ๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“พ๐“ด๐“ธ
๐“ซ๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ช๐“ต๐“ฎ๐”€๐“ช๐“ต๐“ช ๐“ท๐“ฒ๐”‚๐“ช ๐“ช๐“ด๐“ธ ๐“ญ๐“ช๐“ฑ๐“ฒ๐“ต ๐“ผ๐“ช'๐”‚๐“ธ

Feb 14, 5:47 PM

this is mal. everybody writes their favorite yoghurt color and thats it. club penguin is more lit

Feb 14, 5:52 PM

I yell at my cat.
(it's not really my cat, I don't know who it belongs to, it's just some cat that refuses to leave my house and bites my toes while I sleep but I swear I'm not crazy)

Feb 14, 5:58 PM

you need to find the right people to have conversations with that fit your style of speech and humour.
Bring up topics you may think might amuse your friends and is something meaningful to talk about.

Feb 14, 8:35 PM
By eating fruits, of course. Bananas are my favorite!
BDSM = BUDDHISM

Feb 14, 8:56 PM

I just put and say what I want to. If imma have to wait for other people to give me the OK sign I'll be mute for all eternity
May as well just blurt it out and who knows, a random passerby or lurker may be surprised to know someone thinks the same way

As for more fruits, how 'bout some mango?

Feb 14, 9:35 PM

You can ask some interesting shit
But even that may not get them engaged for one bit
That doesn't mean though you should quit
Try not to expect always it'll be a hit
If it's going nowhere, leave it
Rather than throw a fit
And end up falling into that pit
Still hoping it's going to be lit

Feb 14, 11:21 PM

Fruitlessness is fun sometimes you know. Just have fun with it and bash the fuck out of that Mephistopheles blabbering at you. You should have an entertaining time, and entertainment is not fruitless at all. But when you want to avoid then just avoid. If it’s fruitless to you then what’s the point of arguing.
. . .

Yesterday, 8:17 AM

I don't cope with that shit because I make every conversation I'm a part of fruitless
Viben to some Anime Beats

Today, 6:01 AM
I'm gone

Depends. A lot of people are only interested in leaving their own opinion and carry on or they aren't interested at all. Not much you can do about it. In my opinion the trick is to identify people who are actually willing to listen and ask questions back.

Personally when I see that someone isn't interested I just don't continue trying to carry the conversation and simply walk away. The same goes for people who aren't listening and will just voice their own thoughts. Of course the latter can be a good thing, depending on the situation but mostly it's just tiresome to 'discuss' with people of that category.

Today, 6:06 AM

I believe it is better to save on words if you see that it won't get anywhere. Keep pushing and engage with futile speech will get you nowhere....

If there is something you'd like to point out or something the other party want to point out. It's better to let your opinions out and discuss it. However, you can stop when you knew it wasn't going anywhere. Time is precious anyway. Why bother doing something worthless?

แถœแตƒโฟ'แต— สทแตƒแถฆแต— แถ แต’สณ แดนแตƒสฒแต’ โฟแต’ แต€แตƒแต‡แถฆแต—แตƒแต‡แถฆ แตƒโฟแถฆแตแต‰ หฃโพ

Today, 6:12 AM

I´ll admit,it´s frustating when you are fully invested in the conversation and the other person is just replying with one-liner after one liners.

7 hours ago

It appears your mind hasn't arrived in the regressive modern age yet.

When the seed doesn't sprout, you don't try to take care of it,
you simply throw it away and get a new one. Until there are none left.

7 hours ago

Move on to someone else when it's not going anywhere. That's both more productive an better to your mental well-being.

Let my blood taint your dreams!
Let the Grail be cursed!
Let the wish it grants bring disaster!
And when you fall into the pits of hell...
Remember the rage of Diarmuid!

7 hours ago

if i know that someone is dead set in their view, then yeah continuing is a waste of time, since you might aswell be arguin with a brick wall, but most people ain't like that.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.