Forum Settings
Forums

In which order to watch Monogatari series, and what to expect.

Feb 14, 11:39 AM
Since some one recommend me this while ago,i wonder is it worth investing time,i dont know a single thing about this titles.
TY

Feb 14, 11:44 AM

https://www.reddit.com/r/anime/comments/acwgj7/monogatari_series_simple_watch_order_guide_2019/

Worth it for the art: both the character designs and backgrounds. And the characters themselves. Story-wise it's nothing special: each is centered around the various girls and their problem which the male mc helps them with. Be prepared for a lot of dialog (a hallmark).
Modified by 8oomer, Feb 14, 11:47 AM
Avatar: Anzu Kadotani from Girls und Panzer.

Feb 14, 2:00 PM
Expect lots and lots of fun. The character sketches are nice,the animation style is unique and constantly changing, there are plot twists, there are unexpected reveals, comedy, and they embrace and subvert common anime tropes. You should watch it in the order it was first released. Guy above me posted a link. Check it out.
100x125 pixels? hard to find

Feb 14, 2:10 PM
8oomer said:
https://www.reddit.com/r/anime/comments/acwgj7/monogatari_series_simple_watch_order_guide_2019/

Worth it for the art: both the character designs and backgrounds. And the characters themselves. Story-wise it's nothing special: each is centered around the various girls and their problem which the male mc helps them with. Be prepared for a lot of dialog (a hallmark).

This helps alot ty

Feb 14, 2:12 PM
Wharf said:
Expect lots and lots of fun. The character sketches are nice,the animation style is unique and constantly changing, there are plot twists, there are unexpected reveals, comedy, and they embrace and subvert common anime tropes. You should watch it in the order it was first released. Guy above me posted a link. Check it out.

sounds fun ill give it a try,im only triggered because when i complete them they wont be next to each other on the list,can i fix that in list settings?

Feb 14, 2:38 PM
Kobac99 said:
Wharf said:

sounds fun ill give it a try,im only triggered because when i complete them they wont be next to each other on the list,can i fix that in list settings?

haha I was thinking about that too when I started watching, strangely enough. Maybe you could try tagging it with a seperate tag ?
100x125 pixels? hard to find

Feb 15, 1:12 AM
I don't know the order but I know there's a lot of monogatari series haha, all I know is these

Bakemonogatari
Nekomonogatari
Nisemonogatari
Kizumonogatari
Katanagatari

I'm sure there's more too

~AnimeDownUnder~

Feb 15, 1:57 AM
AnimeDownUnder said:
I don't know the order but I know there's a lot of monogatari series haha, all I know is these

Bakemonogatari
Nekomonogatari
Nisemonogatari
Kizumonogatari
Katanagatari

Katanagatri isn't in the monogatari series (even though by the same author)

You should watch it in the anime release order with one slight tweak

Bakemonogatari
Kizumonogatari
Nisemonogatari
Nekomonogatari: kuro
Monogatari second season
Hanamonogatari
Tsukimonogatari
Owarimonogatari
Koyomimonogatari
Owarimonogatari: second season
Zoku owarimonogatari

You can watch kizumonogatari whenever as long as youve finished bakemonogatari

Feb 15, 3:38 AM
MSAtlos said:
AnimeDownUnder said:

Bakemonogatari
Nekomonogatari
Nisemonogatari
Kizumonogatari
Katanagatari

Katanagatri isn't in the monogatari series (even though by the same author)

You should watch it in the anime release order with one slight tweak

Bakemonogatari
Kizumonogatari
Nisemonogatari
Nekomonogatari: kuro
Monogatari second season
Hanamonogatari
Tsukimonogatari
Owarimonogatari
Koyomimonogatari
Owarimonogatari: second season
Zoku owarimonogatari

You can watch kizumonogatari whenever as long as youve finished bakemonogatari

Can you just watch owarimonogatari season 2 straight after owarimonogatari season 1?
~AnimeDownUnder~

Feb 15, 4:11 AM

AnimeDownUnder said:
Can you just watch owarimonogatari season 2 straight after owarimonogatari season 1?
Yes and no.

Koyomimonogatari is a bunch of side stories that are skippable, but the last 2 episodes ties back into Owari S2, so you need to watch those

Feb 15, 6:23 AM
Would be much easier if the series just stuck with the same name instead of changing the name every season. Like monogatari season 1, s2, s3, s4, s5, s6 ,s7, s8, s9, s10, s11
~AnimeDownUnder~

Feb 15, 7:06 AM

Just watch in the order they came out.