Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Altair: A Record of Battles
Available on Manga Store
New
Feb 13, 2020 1:24 PM
Sep 2013
So, I'm greatly interested about stories about kingdoms, empires and war/politics. I already know Altair, I watched the pilot when it came but didn't follow the anime afterwards. I know it had the themes I'm looking for.

What I want to know is if the anime is a good adaptation, not a rushed one with deleted scenes or maybe even arcs, to go to the essential because of the fear to "bore" the greater audience ?
Feb 15, 2020 8:46 AM
May 2019
It gets better episode after episode
Don't know about the manga but doesn't seem rushed to me.
I just completed it and i can say I'm satisfied and waiting for season 2.
Feb 15, 2020 8:48 AM
May 2019
Kag5n said:
So, I'm greatly interested about stories about kingdoms, empires and war/politics. I already know Altair, I watched the pilot when it came but didn't follow the anime afterwards. I know it had the themes I'm looking for.

What I want to know is if the anime is a good adaptation, not a rushed one with deleted scenes or maybe even arcs, to go to the essential because of the fear to "bore" the greater audience ?

I'm sure you won't get bored after starting story building 5-6 episodes you will take more Liking to it episode after episode.
Apr 15, 2020 8:39 PM
Jan 2015
Kag5n said:

Literally just finished re-watching the whole anime. If I'm remembering correctly, I had read that two parts of the story in the second half of the anime were skipped/rushed to ensure that the anime ended at the end of a major arc on a high note instead of in the middle of the arc. In the first part of it that I remember hearing was skipped over, the anime showed clips of the major moments in a montage sequence that combines dialogue for the major moments along with narration over the course of a few minutes in one of the episode). The second part that was skipped over was briefly mentioned and featured a short scene in the aftermath.

If you really want to get the full story, watch the anime and then go read the chapters for the mini arcs/battles that were skipped/rushed before continuing with the anime until the end of the season. I don't know which chapters the mini arcs take place in, so unfortunately I can't provide that information, though you'll likely find the answer in the comments of the forum post for the episodes they took place in.
CommanderEverestApr 15, 2020 8:43 PM
Sep 4, 2020 1:41 AM

May 2015
It's actually a slow-burn experience which is reminiscent to the first Garo anime. It gets better as the episodes progress and it's pretty much cohesive despite skipping some minor arcs (though as said above, the outcome of some of the mini arcs were passed through chatters, montages, and etc which came in naturally). Definitely worth the try.

Those with dirty minds will find my Steam pic offensive

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shoukoku no Altair Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 22, 2017

60 by antoninus_v »»
Dec 11, 2023 8:49 PM

Poll: » Shoukoku no Altair Episode 23 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 15, 2017

47 by antoninus_v »»
Dec 10, 2023 10:48 PM

Poll: » Shoukoku no Altair Episode 22 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 8, 2017

41 by antoninus_v »»
Dec 10, 2023 5:43 AM

Poll: » Shoukoku no Altair Episode 21 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 1, 2017

42 by antoninus_v »»
Dec 8, 2023 11:58 PM

Poll: » Shoukoku no Altair Episode 20 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 24, 2017

46 by antoninus_v »»
Dec 4, 2023 6:41 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.