Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Toilet-bound Hanako-kun
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 13, 2020 9:21 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Pretty thrilling episode. We got a library of mysterious books but also Nene learning more secrets of herself and the world.

The unorthodox humor is still felt like most of the other episodes. I just love the character chemistry of this show.
Feb 13, 2020 11:54 AM

Sep 2017
I wonder when Funimation'll have the episode up....
Feb 13, 2020 1:27 PM

Jan 2013
i believe it was announced to be delayed this week.
Feb 13, 2020 2:50 PM

Oct 2010
Feb 13, 2020 4:41 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
That whole second half was amazing.

The teacher (praise Kenjirou Tsuda, take 27192), the first flashback of Hanako-kun as Yugi Amane...

I feel like nothing big actually happened yet through his first flashback but it still felt really dark to me. The kid looked so gloomy and unhappy, you could see it on most of his face shots.

Loved the immediate hug from Nene when she awakened.
Feb 13, 2020 5:33 PM

Oct 2009
Wow, that was emotional. I love how this anime balances silly and sad, on the thinnest edge imaginable. Blink and you miss the change. And how deep it can get in a moment, too. Never expected such a story from this particular episode......

(On another note - hearing Chisaki again made me shiver the whole time Tsuchigomori was telling that story. And that story itself is all sorts of upsetting. Just ... brilliant, in a twisted sort of way.)
Feb 13, 2020 5:40 PM

Nov 2011
My god this episode was so good! I think the music needs credit in this anime as well. it is really good.

But man oh man we got a lot of information in this episode. Hanako's real name is Yugi and Sensei was his Sensei when they were both alive.

Yugi changed his future but I wonder what he did? Did he kill himself or did he die another way. Either way we know he died as a Young Man.

I really hope its not something stupid like peeping in the girls bathroom...that would be pretty lame.

Side note: I LOVE Hanako's voice. It's so good.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Feb 13, 2020 7:10 PM

Sep 2017
Hmmm okay. Pretty interested to see how Hanako died. Also I wonder if Aoi could possibly be the one conspiring to change the seven wonders. She has always been the one to spread the rumor.
Feb 13, 2020 8:09 PM

Apr 2015
I've read this part on the manga countless times and It never fails to make me cry and now watching that scene with tsuchigomori telling nene about what hanako's future should have been was just aghhhh T___T
We still don't know how Hanako died even in the manga, and if you guys got interested after this episode go read it so we can try to figure it out together haha I have some theories myself but it's about stuff the anime probably won't cover.
The only thing I'm kinda annoyed at is that they skipped the young exorcist arc which was pretty damn important imo since It played an important role in how the dynamic between kou and hanako is established. Even if they add it in the next chapter it won't have the same impact I think. Hope they add it next episode.
BarbiplzFeb 13, 2020 8:24 PM
Feb 13, 2020 8:48 PM
Jul 2018
SoraSenpai said:

But man oh man we got a lot of information in this episode. Hanako's real name is Yugi and Sensei was his Sensei when they were both alive.

I don't know why they skipped this info, but sensei was never "human". Unlike Hanako, who used to be an ordinary human being, Tsuchigomori has always been a supernatural being. Hanako's real first name is Amane, Yugi is his last name.

I really hope its not something stupid like peeping in the girls bathroom...that would be pretty lame.

This anime is drama, not comedy. I know that there's not the tag "drama" here on MAL, but probably it's just because the manga isn't well known yet. The story is mainly DRAMA, with some bit of comedy here and there. So no, obviously the reason why he died is not something so lame. As a manga reader, my main hypothesis is that he committed suicide after another fact happened, but I have also another complex theory that I can't explain yet (maybe I can explain it after the next episode). Anyway, it's obvious he was heavily abused by someone, and I'm a bit sad that the English sub translated Amane's line "I forgive it" by "I don't mind it". It's not the same thing.

As a huge lover of this manga, I'm supporting this anime adaptation, but honestly it could be a true masterpiece with better direction and animations.
Only look at In/Spectre, it is getting so much attention and praise just because the animation is really good, but I can say easily that Jibaku shounen Hanako-kun's plot is way superior.

I don't know why Lerche's budget was so small for this one, after all the manga is pretty popular in Japan. I can't believe Kuzu no Honkai, that had such beautiful animations, is made by the same studio and director.

I am also a bit mad because they are skipping some important stuff, but I will deal with it. I hope some people will start to read the manga, because it's amazing.
removed-userFeb 13, 2020 8:57 PM
Feb 13, 2020 9:10 PM
Aug 2019
Why did they skip chapters 9-10? I was hoping to see it animated!
We finally get to this flashback it was still sad.
Can't wait for the next episode from the looks of it we will finally see "him" again.

Feb 13, 2020 9:30 PM
Jul 2018
I think the best thing of the anime adaptation is the voice actors' job. I am very satisfied by Hanako's seiyuu, her acting is really excellent, even if I know some manga readers would have preferred another kind of voice for him.
Feb 13, 2020 9:35 PM
Apr 2018
Hmm the face sometimes drawn weird but the episode is good nonetheless.
Feb 13, 2020 10:52 PM
Dec 2018
Then ending in this episode got me emotional in a way that the manga couldn't. I loved both but something about the music, color, and voice acting really got to me. Great episode, looking forward to the rest.
Feb 13, 2020 11:01 PM
Jun 2017
Hanako's past have been partially revealed... hmmm!!! Love this episode
Feb 14, 2020 12:45 AM

Aug 2013
Good episode.

So Hanako's real name is Yugi Amane and we learned a bit of his past.

Feb 14, 2020 2:25 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
It was really awesome, the backstory of Hanako as Yugi Amane was interesting and I loved the end
Feb 14, 2020 3:45 AM

Mar 2014
"I'm sorry this won't work your legs are too fat" lmao that was a savage entry. It was hilarious hearing everyone's secrets tbh.

I didn't expect to see Hanako's past so soon, so I was pleasantly surprised. It was sad seeing him back when he was human, he seemed really unhappy and helpless. I hope we get more details in the next couple of episodes.
Feb 14, 2020 4:00 AM

Oct 2008
So Hanako's true name is Yugi Amane!
4/5.

Feb 14, 2020 4:30 AM

Dec 2012
Tfw you're waiting to jam to the op song but they decided to cut out the opening this week smh

Uh oh, next episode is called Donuts... HE is coming up
Feb 14, 2020 4:51 AM

Mar 2017
Wait... I'm starting to think that the person Hanako killed is himself. That flashback just made me even more curious and it broke my heart too; it seemed like Hanako didn't have such a nice life when he was human.

I also found Tsuchigomori's reminiscence of Hanako's past sad too because he looked so heartbroken!
Feb 14, 2020 6:13 AM

May 2015
I love the relationship between Yashiro and Hanako-kun. It's not a sudden thing that happens overnight, but something subtle that grows within the two of them, little by little. I look forward to see more development between those two, and to know more about Hanako-kun's past.

This is definitely one of the best anime this season, it's sad it's kind of going under the radar...

Danae said:
"I'm sorry this won't work your legs are too fat"

Fun fact: Hanako-kun is the one who says that (I'm making this up, but wouldn't that be funny? Haha)
Feb 14, 2020 7:25 AM

Sep 2011
This was so good, but so depressing, and I was so not ready for the memories sealed within Tsuchigomori's Yorishiro. Hanako, or better, Yugi Amane was being physically abused. And his teacher, who took care of his constant wounds, tried to reach out to help him, but he was already closed off. The way he gave up on his treasure, the one which made him feel like he could go anywhere, spoke so loud. He had already given up, he wasn't going anywhere. I don't even know what was going on with him yet, but this alone is so heavy that I pretty much felt as affected as Yashiro. I knew he was dead from the start, but it hurts.

Oh, and I really love Kou. He went with Yashiro not only to protect her if something happened, but also because he wanted to know more about Hanako-kun as well. He isn't simply going to go against him again even after his brother urged him to, and I think this is beautiful. Take the donuts scene for example. Kou, just like Yashiro, is already an important friend to him, and I believe it's mutual. Yashiro's secret was really embarrassing by the way. xD Kou and Hanako's "secrets" were just cute though. Welp, there's someone like Yashiro out there, most certainly the green haired girl, and Hanako is going to deal with all of the Seven Wonders to get to them. Welp, at least he already has two of them on his side. xD
Feb 14, 2020 7:57 AM
Sep 2015
Just how low can Kenjiro Tsuda's voice go?
Feb 14, 2020 8:41 AM

Aug 2014
It was a decent episode but had a lot of mistakes for some reason. The animation going on even though there is no sound and the other way around. There seemed to be lots of random stuff in it.
"Even if it has good reviews, if I don't like it then it is shit"

-Some random anime character
Feb 14, 2020 9:26 AM

Dec 2017
Facebook will soon be flooded with a profile named "Yugi Amane".

Great episode by the way.
:3
Feb 14, 2020 9:35 AM

Sep 2007
Felt like there were a few animation fuckups in this ep. like mouths moving when they shouldnt and vice versa...

sad they just skipped chapters 9 and 10, and crammed all of the 4pm library into 1 ep...

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

MALoween 2023 Candies

MALoween 2022 Candies

Feb 14, 2020 11:16 AM

Apr 2019
The revealed past of Hanako, him giving up his passion, dream and himself, hit me so hard!
He decided to not move forward, but to stand still which pushed his future out of his reach.

My heart aches so much for both Hanako and Yugi Amane :'(
Feb 14, 2020 11:36 AM

Aug 2018
No opening ? THe episode continuing while the ending's song is being played ? These are the marks of an important episode : and it was, lots of revelations and information were given !
Feb 14, 2020 11:51 AM

Feb 2020
Good episode and we learned a few more things about Hanako's past. Excited to learn more.
Feb 14, 2020 2:01 PM

Aug 2018
Okay the whole episode was great, especially the name reveal it was peak timing BUT CAN WE TALK ABOUT HOW KENJIROU TSUDA IS EVERYWHERE RIGHT NOW ?!

HE'S DOING VOICE FOR LIKE 6 SHOWS AT THE SAME TIME AND WITH SOME MAIN PROTAGONIST HE STILL HAS TIME TO DO THINGS LIKE THE AMAZING GOKUSHUFUDOU COMMERCIAL ?! This guy is an actual monster and you can't unhear him when he voices a character.
Feb 14, 2020 2:30 PM

Nov 2018
I was a quite disappointed that they skipped the development between Hanako and Kou, but that's alright I guess. I'd say my main problem is that some of the art in this show is a little... weird looking. For majority of the time, the art is really good and stays true to the style of the manga, but some low quality scenes every now and then look a little... strange... But ignoring those points, I loved this episode. I got a bit emotional at the end, as I've already read the manga, this series is amazing. Everyone, go read the manga if you haven't. Great series.
Feb 14, 2020 9:39 PM
Apr 2019
Best episode yet.. holy shit..
Feb 14, 2020 9:52 PM

Nov 2008

This sad fangirl feels very sad feels rn. :(

Picked up the manga...but I'm not reading past this point...

Feb 14, 2020 10:53 PM

Jul 2017
The 5th of 7 Wonders: the 4 o'clock library.

The records of each and every student, and apparently Nene didn't heed the caution well about flipping past the red pages last episode. Welp, so much for knowing about your future.

The teacher-cum-manager Tsuchigomori still heeds Hanako's actions, since he's the leader of the 7 wonders. But a traitor within the midst (like Nene and Hanako), he decides to take action before things get out of control.

Tsuchigomori is sure a sadistic Wonder, and I love his character already. Having to surrender dark secrets is funny out of Nene and Kou, but Hanako's one is the most interesting: homemade donuts made with love.

To combat the problem, Nene is taken with No. 5 while Hanako and Kou is left behind. With each Yorishiro that each Wonder harnesses, it's like their life force tied to former humans in the same wilderness. The boy-turned-Apparition of Hanako, real name Yugi Amane, definitely welds into the former teacher's mind through his past memories.

Next episode, why Hanako loves donuts. Meanwhile, the most interesting episode so far, and with the delayed release on Funimation (due to the Novel Coronavirus), definitely will sway.
Feb 15, 2020 12:25 AM
May 2019
I swear, there's something really dark about Hanako. He's a cheerful little bud, but with the "Did you say anything you're not supposed to say?" while hiding is butcher knife behind his back, it's hard to see him as sane lol
Feb 15, 2020 6:11 AM

Dec 2016
momoka16 said:
SoraSenpai said:

I don't know why they skipped this info, but sensei was never "human". Unlike Hanako, who used to be an ordinary human being, Tsuchigomori has always been a supernatural being. Hanako's real first name is Amane, Yugi is his last name.

I dunno, for me it was clear that Tsuchigomori wasn't human during flashback.
Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.96/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.161/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.84/? - weekly) | Mama Yuuyu (Ch.29 - Finished)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.63/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.52/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
Feb 15, 2020 8:27 AM

Jul 2014
That was a lot of info backstory for Hanako, damn and I just came from watching Somali too… both equally had some tragic past theme this week… the ed song of this anime gives me a weird sad nostalgic feeling, and the way they had the ed song play during those scenes just killed me… God damn I wanna know more, what happened to him and who he killed!?
Feb 15, 2020 9:17 AM

Mar 2017
Seeing this animated makes me feel a lot of things :<< the feels

猫はかわいいです。 (ꈍ ‸ ꈍ)

Feb 15, 2020 9:23 AM

Jan 2018
This episode was awsome, a 5/5 from me.
Now i want to know even more about Hanako and his past.
I especially liked the scene where he gave his moon stone to his teacher.
Feb 15, 2020 12:14 PM
Nov 2017
When hanako's past appeared, I was already sad about it in the manga, I was more with the episode

I loved Tsuchigomori's voice, it was very good, it really matched the character,his scene saying that hanako shouldn't have died that way, as far as i know from the manga my theory and that he killed himself, considering what happened before

Feb 15, 2020 1:18 PM

Mar 2014
KorhalChild said:

Danae said:
"I'm sorry this won't work your legs are too fat"

Fun fact: Hanako-kun is the one who says that (I'm making this up, but wouldn't that be funny? Haha)

LMAO I would lose my shit if this hilarious plot twist happened
Feb 15, 2020 1:23 PM

May 2018
The 2nd half of this episode was quite touching indeed ;(
Feb 15, 2020 1:25 PM

May 2018
James-LastOmnic said:
Okay the whole episode was great, especially the name reveal it was peak timing BUT CAN WE TALK ABOUT HOW KENJIROU TSUDA IS EVERYWHERE RIGHT NOW ?!

HE'S DOING VOICE FOR LIKE 6 SHOWS AT THE SAME TIME AND WITH SOME MAIN PROTAGONIST HE STILL HAS TIME TO DO THINGS LIKE THE AMAZING GOKUSHUFUDOU COMMERCIAL ?! This guy is an actual monster and you can't unhear him when he voices a character.

Very true indeed. Recently I've been hearing him in almost every show I watch this season xD
Feb 15, 2020 6:44 PM

Jun 2013
I was waiting for this moment to be animated and it was beautifully sad. Hanako having dreams to go to the moon and his life being cut short. :(

Anyways, love Tsuchigomori because he's so chill both as a teacher and a mystery in the school.
臭い-
Feb 15, 2020 10:14 PM
Jul 2019
There are still people who believe that human can go to the moon
But ok it is just fantasya
Anyway (dropped)
Feb 16, 2020 4:14 AM

Apr 2015
It only gets better visually. And manga readers still criticize the show for its visuals. I'm not bashing them, I'm just getting even more sure that I'm going into the source after the season ends
Feb 16, 2020 12:33 PM

Jul 2016
Man, I'm so in love with this show's aesthetics. Tsuchigomori-sensei's design already became another one of my favourites.

Fantastic episode. The second half featuring Hanako's flashback was great and although nothing much really happened, I really liked how deep, ominous and gloomy it was portrayed. Not to mention that it became rather emotional once sensei started talking about how Hanako's adult life was supposed to be. It really makes you want to know more about Hanako and the circumstances of his death.

Again, great episode. Can't wait for the next one!

P.S.: "I'm sorry this won't work. Your legs are too fat"... well, fuck you. Daikon legs are the pinnacle of sexiness these days!
Feb 16, 2020 3:53 PM

Jul 2013
Why am I having a feeling that this is going to become a cryfest?
Feb 16, 2020 8:18 PM

Sep 2018
God!! Nene's book is so funny lol lol

I want to protect Hanako-kun huhuhuhu my babies 😞
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Jibaku Shounen Hanako-kun Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 16, 2020

124 by Inacio0101 »»
Apr 21, 8:21 AM

Poll: » Does the recently Aired spin off covered the missing parts of manga ? Or different story

chukesh007 - Jan 29

3 by emirw »»
Jan 30, 4:36 PM

» Can i get a song list

dicloflom - Dec 28, 2023

7 by dicloflom »»
Jan 12, 5:52 AM

Poll: » Jibaku Shounen Hanako-kun Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2020

139 by luviendsol »»
Dec 23, 2023 2:07 PM

Poll: » Jibaku Shounen Hanako-kun Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2020

54 by WELLERM »»
Dec 17, 2023 12:51 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.