Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 13, 2020 6:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
That's a pretty nasty looking monster :o

Watching this episode felt like being part of a monster raid where a party teams up to take on a boss together. Honestly, that's also probably one of the toughest monsters they've all faced together so far in the show.

Also, to no one's surprise, Nemesis truly cares about her partner.
Feb 13, 2020 7:36 AM

Apr 2016
So does the mc-kun have a new loli in his party or does he not ...
Feb 13, 2020 7:53 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Oh yes Nemesis kiss to save Ray
Feb 13, 2020 8:48 AM

Aug 2013
Nemesis was great in this episode. That kiss...

And Ray was pretty badass to have been able to defeat that monster.

Feb 13, 2020 9:36 AM

Feb 2019
Can’t wait for that new arm thing character to appear again. And things about to get dark. Finally, the show is starting to get into the good stuff.
Feb 13, 2020 9:55 AM
Jul 2018
Last scene turned into romantic ray x nemesis I wonder if its one sided or two sided
Feb 13, 2020 9:56 AM
Jul 2019
Whao what's that Huge has some kind of plan, what kind of plan????
Feb 13, 2020 12:34 PM

Nov 2008
and thats why you dont trust people who hide their identity.... gonna be honest the kiss scene and seeing the 'gauntlets' for as they are were the only good bits for me.
Feb 13, 2020 12:54 PM

Jun 2017
Lich got owned fast.. well a paladin + undead combo cannot turn out right lol. The huge boss form looked pretty cool actually.

salehxxxx said:
Last scene turned into romantic ray x nemesis I wonder if its one sided or two sided

It will be two sided probably.. (I mean there is no way the admin dropped a hint that maiden types can bang inside the game for no apparent reason lmao).
Feb 13, 2020 1:06 PM

Dec 2016
It's only me or other characters were oddly worried about Rey death? I know about "3 day ban" after death but still they were talking about Rey possible death like it was permanent.

@sirwence ok so that girl was his gauntlets? kinda weird, I mean then every item can have "humanoid" avatar and be sentient?
Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.96/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.161/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.84/? - weekly) | Mama Yuuyu (Ch.29 - Finished)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.63/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.52/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
Feb 13, 2020 1:07 PM

Apr 2015
Nemesis was the MVP this episode, Lich got defeated twice..

Now this penguin guy, will definitely see him more now!!

MomoSinX said:

salehxxxx said:

It will be two sided probably.. (I mean there is no way the admin dropped a hint that maiden types can bang inside the game for no apparent reason lmao).

Wasn't it also said that guys with a maiden type are the ones that become too attached to the game? So it makes sense that they can bang their partner/embryo cause they probably won't interact much with the real world after all.
Feb 13, 2020 1:16 PM

Dec 2016
MomoSinX said:
Lich got owned fast.. well a paladin + undead combo cannot turn out right lol. The huge boss form looked pretty cool actually.

salehxxxx said:

So we can expect Yui (SAO) like plot twist?
Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.96/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.161/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.84/? - weekly) | Mama Yuuyu (Ch.29 - Finished)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.63/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.52/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
Feb 13, 2020 2:00 PM

Nov 2008
Nieznajomy43 said:
It's only me or other characters were oddly worried about Rey death? I know about "3 day ban" after death but still they were talking about Rey possible death like it was permanent.

@sirwence ok so that girl was his gauntlets? kinda weird, I mean then every item can have "humanoid" avatar and be sentient?

I assumed only 'special' ones could since the gauntlets are clearly 'unique' but yeah.
Feb 13, 2020 3:28 PM

Jul 2017
What a plot twist...if Ray was THAT easily defeated then it'd serve no purpose anymore. With the Lich monster defeated, Ray is back to normal by Hugo.

And the Lich monster just got raised back from the dead (since Undead has powerful incantations). Ray still got lucky he's alive because of Nemesis's "kiss" of revival. She really carried the way for him, and the Lich got owned TWICE.

Deep within, Hugh and the penguin guy...looks like Ray is in more trouble sooner than he'd might thought...
KANLen09Feb 13, 2020 3:35 PM
Feb 13, 2020 3:53 PM

Feb 2019
What is it with eating your enemies in VRMMO's? despite the low score on MAL I'm really enjoying this show and the world. I should probably check out the LN since I'm sure they butchered things. But, overall really fun episode. The nemesis and ray moments throughout were really cute.
Feb 13, 2020 5:14 PM
Sep 2018
So er, is everyone going to ignore the fact that the lich is voiced by our favourite time stopping gay vampire, DIO.
Also, the penguin dude. Never trust a penguin. I mean, penguin of Madagascar and this guy are crazy af
Feb 13, 2020 5:49 PM

Nov 2017
Marinate1016 said:
What is it with eating your enemies in VRMMO's? despite the low score on MAL I'm really enjoying this show and the world. I should probably check out the LN since I'm sure they butchered things. But, overall really fun episode. The nemesis and ray moments throughout were really cute.

You should.I like the LN and this has missed out some points,but I'm liking it anyway.
The next ep should be epic,being the Duelling City,or something like that.
Feb 13, 2020 5:54 PM

Sep 2016
"How did you wiretap him?"
I don't know, maybe with the cat ears he got after drinking a potion from a penguin? lol

Can't wait for this to become the realest of real.
For now it's kinda obvious that it's not a game but just a portal to a different world, so basically people from earth just dive in and can revive indefinitely, people there die because they're alive there.

bruh
Feb 13, 2020 6:32 PM

Oct 2008
really got sleepy watching this episode...and most of it was the action part on the end...
2/5.

Feb 13, 2020 10:04 PM

Sep 2014
This episode was mostly me pressing the right arrow key. So far the most interesting part was around episode 2 or 3 (can't remember which exactly) when the bear explained the situation of the world, speaked about the wars, etc. I really like the idea of a VRMMORPG like that with dinamic events, I think the idea could be so much better developed, but instead we get the Gary Stu of the seasong being unreasonable powerful with a crush for his humanoid npc weapon.

Also, and this may be mostly my personal opinion, I can't really care a lot for the IA, it feels forced that I have to care so much about them (specially Nemesis) when this can't isn't anything more than a roleplay game. Yes, they may act like real people, but you always know that they are not.
Nothing important. Keep scrolling.
Feb 14, 2020 6:19 PM
Jan 2017
The thing I like most about Infinite Dendrogram is that its protagonist doesn't immediately become OP when he enters the game world. Throughout the story, we see Ray get beaten down and back up over and over again. While the execution could have been better, I felt that flashback sequence was a bit rushed, it's still a fine moment because it gives Ray so much pathos and you get to understand him a bit better.

Still, if there's one thing, I'd like the show to improve on the relationships between characters, especially between Ray and Nemesis. I feel the show is moving too fast between them and there are rarely, if ever, any bonding moments between them. A story will stand or fall by the strength of its characters and narrative. I've said that before and I'm sure I'll say it again. With this particular story over, I can only hope the show can improve on its flaws and work towards achieving its full potential.
Feb 15, 2020 1:58 PM

Dec 2017
HeroVladimir93 said:
The thing I like most about Infinite Dendrogram is that its protagonist doesn't immediately become OP when he enters the game world.

Only like 5 minutes later, when he gets things that are rare and well above what a newbie in MMORPG should have? While wishfulfilment in isekai is notorious yet understandable, MMORPG are NOT done in such a stupid way. IDK maybe in source it is done better, maybe he did spend enough time for grind, but anime looks like your next part of some "isekai with cheats part 25132" - same sort of boring, generic and dull stuff done in mass these days.
Feb 15, 2020 10:47 PM

Aug 2018
This Episode was trash
2/10
SaiDxvLightFeb 16, 2020 12:14 PM
Feb 16, 2020 4:18 AM

Oct 2017
Wow they just saved all those kids and left em alone outside without anyone to guard them, amazing. That lich revived and instead of eating those kids he was just kicking the robot, great. Anyway we atleast got a kiss out of this and looks like more trouble's coming.
Feb 16, 2020 3:09 PM

Apr 2016
This episode is probably the worst until now. It’s boring and bad animated even if compared to the previous episodes, or at least this is my impression.
Feb 21, 2020 4:34 PM

Feb 2018
Nice episode xD, they are defeat boss.
Feb 24, 2020 5:04 PM

Nov 2009
Best perk of having a Maiden.

When you faint, they can help revive you ;D

___ ___ ___

Also... apparently fatass Ogre Gardranda turns into a Loli in MC's mind... LOL

___ ___ ___

Hmm... so some ppls are starting up the War between Kingdoms again... It's hard to think which side is good or bad, since they're pretty much all plotted by Players... which most thinks it's just a game and goes with it. (as there's next to no consequences of you acting as the bad guys, unlike in real life, in the game you don't get jailed for years, pretty much gets away with it for like at most a 3 day ban after dying and no punishment for killing "NPCs")
amlgFeb 24, 2020 5:16 PM
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Feb 28, 2020 3:21 AM
Feb 2018
Only third centaur I've seen in an anime and it completely evil
Feb 29, 2020 8:35 AM

Apr 2011
Good episode. That's a nice way to revive Ray by Nemesis giving him a smooch. If Ray ask her how she revived her she'll be all red. It'll be adorable. Also there's a tease of a 2nd loli for him soon?

I'm starting to really think that this isn't just an ordinary game.
Apr 12, 2020 3:10 PM

Aug 2017
I thought that this penguin guy was just a forced comic relief but i was wrong lol. He, Hugo and Cocytus are planning something.

Nice battle, Nemesis and Ray relationship is improving.

All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
May 2, 2020 7:43 AM

Jul 2015
Didn't expected Truck-kun to make a cameo in this series

For a guy who has put a lot of time into this game farming 5000 years worth, he sure is unlucky to face some noob player. Quite liked what Ray did there around the end, not something any basic hero of a fantasy world would do

Mar 21, 2021 7:05 AM
Oct 2017
This damn fool! Just take the loot ffs.
May 1, 2021 9:18 AM

Sep 2012
Magito said:
Good episode. That's a nice way to revive Ray by Nemesis giving him a smooch. If Ray ask her how she revived her she'll be all red. It'll be adorable. Also there's a tease of a 2nd loli for him soon?

I'm starting to really think that this isn't just an ordinary game.

if we are lucky the journo girl so it and will tease her or both of them about it later lol
May 23, 2023 3:13 AM

Oct 2022
It annoys me that the gauntlets switch sides when he takes up the halberd after letting loose the flame blast. It was on his left hand, then right, then left again.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Infinite Dendrogram Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 9, 2020

172 by Overblown »»
Nov 23, 2023 2:15 AM

Poll: » Infinite Dendrogram Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 15, 2020

78 by gakuendo »»
Aug 16, 2023 12:26 AM

Poll: » Infinite Dendrogram Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 2, 2020

30 by toralbabs »»
May 24, 2023 8:31 AM

Poll: » Infinite Dendrogram Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2020

20 by toralbabs »»
May 24, 2023 4:46 AM

Poll: » Infinite Dendrogram Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2020

43 by toralbabs »»
May 24, 2023 1:51 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.