Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 12, 2020 8:26 PM

May 2007
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Okay ! Shin is back...

Feb 13, 2020 2:17 AM

Dec 2011
I tear up quite a bit this chapter and YES Kyoukai is alive and Shin.
Feb 13, 2020 7:10 AM
Oct 2019
Is kyoukai really alive? Like after all that supernatural shit?
Feb 15, 2020 1:04 AM

Feb 2012
@Ibrahimnoman444 Seems like they pushed her back as well, just a matter of time until she wakes up.

Didn't really enjoy these chapters after Houken's death at all, not sure what's going on with Hara but hopefully we go back to the real stuff, hop off off Shin and Hi Shin Unit a little and go to Riboku vs Kanki at Gyou.
Feb 15, 2020 1:16 AM
Oct 2017
Shousa and kyogai showing up to push her out was pretty cool.
Feb 15, 2020 4:50 AM

Oct 2012
Yup, just as predicted - as bad as it could get if not worse, gonna drop the score for the series a lot for sure.

Oh well, been a good run, hopefully there will still be some decent battles to vent the frustration but I don't see the possibility of the series doing good anymore.

If shin dies kyokai can now just keep reviving him and if he needs more power he can unlock a super saiyajin form, maybe also learn to fly and fire a kamehameha while at it.
HentaichegFeb 15, 2020 4:54 AM
Feb 15, 2020 12:36 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
This is the direct opposite of hype

Just why
Feb 15, 2020 2:58 PM

Oct 2017
Meh whatever Shin's alive, next. Thou he's popping up scene was funny.
Feb 16, 2020 9:51 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Oof, not the best way to handle things. I get that having Shin dead for a bit shows how much he means to his unit, but if Hara really wanted him dead and then alive, then idk, maybe CPR or other medical practices would've been more believable. It would still be quite the stretch, but hey, at least it's better than this whole FMA equivalent exchange-style bullshit.

Hara should've just kept Shin alive from the beginning, or if he really wanted to create something emotional, then maybe he could've put the guy in coma. Killing someone momentarily and then bringing them back from the dead isn't the way to go.
Feb 16, 2020 10:43 AM

Apr 2016
I think Hara was wrong on create such a situation because the way he tried to resolve it isn't good related to the kind of series Kingdom is. However, it's end, I hope it'll go back to what's truly important now.
Feb 16, 2020 4:34 PM

Sep 2011
Ibrahimnoman444 said:
There's lot of bullshit supernsatural shit already, so...
Feb 17, 2020 8:28 AM

Nov 2011
Whatever, slight emotional payoff at the end, move on and never do this again.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Feb 19, 2020 2:55 AM

Sep 2015
Tyrel said:
Ibrahimnoman444 said:
There's lot of bullshit supernsatural shit already, so...

There was SOME supernatural elements before, but at least there was some logic behind them. But bringing someone to life after he was CONFIRMED dead is quite a stretch
Feb 19, 2020 12:29 PM

Dec 2015
Lmao, and he just stands up like nothing happened. Kek.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Feb 20, 2020 9:30 AM
Dec 2019
I know Hara's hands are tied since this is based(albeit loosely) around historical events,but at LEAST just have kyoukai lose half her lifespan. If both of them come out of this completely unscathed,the score is going to drop and it will drop hard. He could at least had the actual price be half her lifespan,and then pulling it off without a hitch,BUT NOOO,it's to be her life that's going to be sacrificed and she gets saved by the most eleventh-hour asspull I've ever seen. Worst chapter ever imo(debatable since I don't remember all the chapters,anyone know a worse chapter?).
May 6, 2020 5:03 AM
Apr 2016
Pyou, Kyougai, Shoua, is the bestt!!!!
Jun 8, 2020 1:22 PM

Oct 2019
Well this turned out worse than I could have imagined..

Seems like both of them are alive..lets move and forget something like this happened for now..

~Where is that MIB flashlight~

"Not everyone who works hard is rewarded.
But, all those who succeed have worked hard"
Oct 17, 2021 3:53 PM

Apr 2013
I’m not going to bitch as much as the crybabies from the past few chapter threads, but Hara should’ve handled the aftermath of the Houken fight differently for sure.

I feel like, having Shin with a feint pulse instead of him being “dead”, and Kyoukai’s “ancient technique” being her doing something based of CPR controlling chi instead of something that feels too supernatural, would’ve been a way easier asspull to swallow for the readers. Oh well, just glad this arc is finally coming to an end. I’ve enjoyed most of it but it definitely dragged at times. Easier to consume in bulk.
KneelBeforeMeOct 17, 2021 4:00 PM
May 14, 2022 11:58 AM
Jul 2021
A bad plot armour...
Jun 5, 2022 7:12 AM

Oct 2014
Not sure why people are suddenly upset considering there's already been a plethora of supernatural elements in Kingdom. I mean let's leave aside the obvious Houken, Shiryuu/Other Assassin tribes, Rinshouban's future visions or even the ghosts that Sei, Rui and Shin see. There are even ridiculous moments like Futei and Kaine being thrown off of castle walls only to land completely unscratched. Even in this war we saw Bajio jump over a fucking gorge lmao

I agree the weird mix between realism and the supernatural has always been off balance in Kingdom and it probably would've done better without it but that's not to say I completely dislike it. You just have to view the series through the perspective of a supernatural fantasy which it has been since Kyoukai was first introduced for better or worse.

The last couple of chapters were super strange and could've been handled a lot better if Haru wanted to go this route but for me personally it was quite nice to see Hyou again and if nothing else these last few chapters have completely elevated my love for Shousa and Kyogai. The absolute madmen stuck around in hell just in case any of their comrades swung by xD

The other gripe people have about tension being gone because Shin can just be revived any time he's on the verge of death is also stupid imo. I mean what idiot thinks Shin will actually die before he's unified China? Of course he's going to be saved every time he's on the brink of death, that was true long before this afterlife schtick was added.
Aug 25, 2022 2:48 PM

Apr 2018
This feels so out of the world (not all of it but just the last part, the supernatural elements used in Kingdom were done well before) but they've managed to bring Shin back in the real world and the other two that died helped Kyou Kai out there.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
May 20, 2023 4:12 AM
Sep 2022
I'll just pretend that this was slight magic and the rest was the two just dreaming.
Feb 27, 11:31 PM

Apr 2010
Its just magic. Nothing to see here move along.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kingdom Chapter 794 Discussion

ShiroiRyu - Apr 17

6 by BumbleBeez »»
Apr 22, 9:17 PM

Poll: » Kingdom Chapter 793 Discussion

ShiroiRyu - Apr 13

2 by rational_psycho »»
Apr 22, 12:47 AM

Poll: » Kingdom Chapter 785 Discussion

Ramkec - Jan 22

6 by crocodileman94 »»
Apr 21, 3:43 PM

Poll: » Kingdom Chapter 792 Discussion

ShiroiRyu - Mar 31

3 by G_Spark233 »»
Apr 18, 11:23 PM

Poll: » Kingdom Chapter 768 Discussion

ShiroiRyu - Aug 23, 2023

18 by Dragona_8002 »»
Apr 14, 10:50 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.