Forum Settings
Forums

Which side character should get their own anime?

New
Feb 12, 2020 11:32 AM

Sep 2018
It doesn't have to be anyone particularly close to the main character, just someone you believe has a story that could make a great show. I know some shows do have spin offs that focus on side characters, so which one do you think would be a good choice for it?

For example, I think a show about One Piece's Gold Roger would be interesting. It could be a show that follows his journey to become the pirate king as a prequel to the main show.

All for one, one for all, all for one and one for all
Some for some, none for none
Slightly less for people we don't like
And a little bit more for me
Feb 12, 2020 11:39 AM

Nov 2017
In a lot of long-running shonen side characters play a big part in the story and hence are deserving of their own arcs and anime. Some that come mind are -

Garp (One Piece)
Ging (HxH)
Thors (Vinland Saga)
Feb 12, 2020 11:41 AM

Feb 2013
Feb 12, 2020 11:46 AM

Aug 2018
I want a spin-off with Hijikata Toushiro as MC.I need more of the Shinsengumi stuff.Daily adventure of Shinsengumi sounds great to me.
Feb 12, 2020 11:56 AM

Oct 2017
I'm all for Klein - SWO, ok just kidding but he deserved more screen time come on man.

Ok, now I'm serious.

Ranpo - Bungou Stray Dogs

Rory - GATE

Kakashi - Naruto

''Enemies' gifts are no gifts and do no good.''
Feb 12, 2020 12:02 PM
Haruna Sairenji

Jan 2017
Postino from Ou Dorobou Jing. Would love to see the parody of Deus ex machina plot devices travel the surreal and illogical world of Ou Dorobou Jing by motorcycle and deliver clues or plot expositions to MCs in need of help.
Tochirou Ooyama from the Leijiverse. Gun Frontier is already close, but I want something primarly focussed on Ooyama instead.
Jun Aikawa from the Zaregoto Series. Give me the Saikyou Series if you're not going to continue the Zaregoto anime.
Feb 12, 2020 12:03 PM
Jul 2018
Whoa. Deja vu. I feel like I just answered this question a few days ago with Hisoka.
Feb 12, 2020 12:07 PM

Mar 2017
I would like to see a spinoff of "Weathering With You" about Nagi's harem.
A møøse once bit my sister...
Feb 12, 2020 12:10 PM

Aug 2018
Pretty sure there was a similar post like this a while ago so I'm just gonna say what I did before

If there was a spin off of Isabella from promised neverland and her past story I would watch the shit out of it
Feb 12, 2020 12:13 PM

Jul 2017
I'd love to see Naruto from Boruto get his own spin-off series, he seems like he's been through a lot. I think it would be pretty cool to see his journey to Hokage.

Feb 12, 2020 12:18 PM

Aug 2018
Suzuha from Steins;Gate, you don't even have to come up with the ideia, This Manga and some others already expanded a lot on the character, they only need to adapt it into an anime
Feb 12, 2020 12:21 PM

Apr 2019
Esdeath from Akame ga Kill. She should have her own show.
Feb 12, 2020 12:23 PM

Jun 2016
The writers of beatless treated kouka like shit so they should give her her own show to do her justice

https://myanimelist.net/character/155934/Kouka
MEA·MENTVLA·INGENS·EST
Feb 12, 2020 12:27 PM

Aug 2016
Rize Kamishiro from TG
Balalaika from Black Lagoon
Uchiha Shisui from Naruto
Feb 12, 2020 12:53 PM

Jul 2019
As someone above said - Hijikata Toushirou from Gintama.
Also, Fujimoto Shirou from Ao no Exorcist. We saw a little of his backstory and it looked quite interesting. I would really like to see a spin-off anime about his younger days, kinda like Sinbad from Magi got one.
Feb 12, 2020 1:27 PM

Sep 2018
Mr_Sakata said:
In a lot of long-running shonen side characters play a big part in the story and hence are deserving of their own arcs and anime. Some that come mind are -

Garp (One Piece)
Ging (HxH)
Thors (Vinland Saga)
True, I can think of multiple One Piece characters that could have great shows. Also, not sure which I want to see more, the original story of Garp or the

sonofbatmanrp13 said:
I want a spin-off with Hijikata Toushiro as MC.I need more of the Shinsengumi stuff.Daily adventure of Shinsengumi sounds great to me.

NamikazeHime said:
As someone above said - Hijikata Toushirou from Gintama.
Also, Fujimoto Shirou from Ao no Exorcist. We saw a little of his backstory and it looked quite interesting. I would really like to see a spin-off anime about his younger days, kinda like Sinbad from Magi got one.

I actually thought about Gintama but then realized most characters get their own episodes anyway, Toshi and the Shinsengumi especially. I have a feeling if you compile all their episodes into a show it could still be coherent enough by Gintama standards and have more content than most shows these days. Regardless, I will be happy, just as long as it's not a Hijikata cooking show...

Fate_Saber88 said:

Ranpo - Bungou Stray Dogs
Kakashi - Naruto

Thanks for unintentionally reminding me to continue watching Bungou Stray Dogs, and yeah, a Kakashi Gaiden (extended) anime could be really nice.

KushHaze said:
Postino from Ou Dorobou Jing.
This really threw me back to the past. I remember watching the show years ago on TV, sadly I have no memory of the actual plot and only have a vague feeling it was a good show. I believe this is going on my "rewatch" list ^^' (I really hope it's as good as the impression it left on me when I initially watched it)

operationvalkyri said:
Whoa. Deja vu. I feel like I just answered this question a few days ago with Hisoka.

yotamdin said:
Pretty sure there was a similar post like this a while ago so I'm just gonna say what I did before

If there was a spin off of Isabella from promised neverland and her past story I would watch the shit out of it

Apologies then, I had the thought there could have been another thread with a similar topic but couldn't find one when I looked around. I'm not too surprised though as I haven't been active for long around here and could have easily missed it (still learning how to navigate the forums). And yes, I think just following Hisoka on the same timeline of the show could be great, not to mention getting some backstory :) (haven't watched Promeised Neverland yet, though it is on my "to watch" list)

AncientCurse said:
Recently found opinions that Chika should have her own show. Didn't watch the anime but I agree.

I feel like there are many people who would easily spend their time on an entire show of Chika dancing.

Attackonfiller said:
I'd love to see Naruto from Boruto get his own spin-off series, he seems like he's been through a lot. I think it would be pretty cool to see his journey to Hokage.

Had a feeling I would see this somewhere around here :P

UselessSakura said:

Balalaika from Black Lagoon

Yes. Please. She is one of the most interesting characters in the show and it always felt we didn't get enough of her.

All for one, one for all, all for one and one for all
Some for some, none for none
Slightly less for people we don't like
And a little bit more for me
Feb 13, 2020 1:32 AM

Jan 2010
ONE PIECE
- Kid Pirates
- Heart Pirates
- Revolutionary Army
- Whitebeard Pirates
- Gol D. Roger Pirates

OWARI NO SERAPH
- Hiiragi Shinya: Anything, from his childhood battle royale, his days in Hiiragi, his days when he is not with Guren, etc.

FREE
- Slice of life anime about Makoto and Haru

HAIKYUU
- The thrilling saga of Kuroo and Kenma

PRINCE OF TENNIS
- Rikkaidai Fuzoku journey for their two consecutive national champion.
Feb 13, 2020 2:02 AM

Oct 2019
chibi chibi from sailor moon!
(totally not saying this because she's my favourite character or anything)
Feb 17, 2020 3:46 PM
Jul 2018
Absolutely my man Hijikata Toushirou deserves his own anime about his childhood story. I need it πŸ˜”
Feb 17, 2020 4:48 PM

Sep 2009
Aizawa from My Hero Academia
Gaara from Naruto
Lavi from D. Gray-Man
Feb 17, 2020 7:17 PM

May 2009
C'mon, let's get a real Tales of Berseria anime already, so I can see Velvet's entire story.
Avatar character is Gabriel from Gabriel DropOut.
Feb 17, 2020 7:22 PM

Jan 2010
Gonna add more,

TOKYO GHOUL
- Nagachika Hideyoshi: His side of story when he went MIA, and his story as CCG and what his life be after the end of the series.
Feb 17, 2020 7:28 PM
Jan 2020
Hisoka (HxH)
Ging (HxH)
Itachi (Naruto)
Kakashi (Naruto)
L (death note)
All Might (My hero academia)
Levi (AoT)

More topics from this board

» Do women also enjoy Yuri?

Alpha_1_Zero - Apr 16

38 by Rhaelynne »»
3 minutes ago

» Have you tried to rewatch your old childhood anime shows as a more conscious anime fan?

RobertBobert - Yesterday

27 by TsutanaiFuun »»
4 minutes ago

» What is your most re-watched anime? ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Apr 15

95 by AryaVai »»
6 minutes ago

Poll: » Do you think girl on girl (yuri / GL / shoujo ai) is hot? ( 1 2 )

Bakchos - Aug 15, 2019

55 by LoveYourEyes »»
9 minutes ago

» Upcoming Dubbed Anime ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kenny_Stryker - Dec 17, 2017

9042 by 27CansOfTuna »»
11 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.