Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Diamond no Ace: Act II Episode 45 Discussion

Feb 11, 1:20 AM

THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Not bad Sawamura. He's making some decent impressions out there while under pressure. Furuya is more calm but it seems he may be under pressure too.

Some of the players in these recent episodes have very bright futures if they can keep it up. I kinda like how they featured a lot of players from this episode and not just the main cast. Only 5 more episodes left D:

Feb 11, 3:33 AM

My Back Chilled when I saw Sawamura with Ace and the OP1 started playing now Furuya is the underdog. I can't wait to see all the reactions from other teams seeing the Ace number on Sawamura.

Feb 11, 3:48 AM

Is this completely butchered, chopped up way of presenting things supposed to be better or more impactful than - you know, normal chronological order? I find it more confusing than anything else. Also lots of slideshow again.

That said, what we did end up seeing was nice. I felt like we were introduced to a few of them for the first time, actually.....

Feb 11, 4:22 AM
Such a Nolanian editing on this episode. And OP1, I totally see what they're doing. For those who only watch 1 cour anime, OP1 is generally considered to be the most impactful and will comeback only to celebrate somthing big, in this case it's Sawamura being the Ace which is the main objective of this anime. Though Ace of Diamond has so many good OP, I myself like OP2 (Perfect Hero) and OP3 (Hashire! Mirai).

Now we're entering the intese period, but this season has 7 episodes left? Can I have an announcement soon?

Feb 11, 5:26 AM
Omg i was crying like a true onion chopper with that Op1 👌

Feb 11, 5:28 AM
Knew it was coming as I accidentally spoiled myself sometime back, but that scene where they showed Sawamura's back and subsequently OP1 followed by flashbacks - it really hit me in the feels, definitely one of the top moments of this season!

However, as mentioned I felt like the presentation could be made less confusing haha, can't remember much from this point onwards but here's hoping we're back to full length matches!

Feb 11, 6:19 AM

Yup, still as exhilarating as I've seen that Ace number a year ago.

Although I'm quite worried there's a few episodes left, I don't really want this season to stop right after that first game in summer.

Feb 11, 7:35 AM

Sawamura getting the Ace number was satisfying as hell and damn when they played OP 1 with that montage. All those throwbacks, we've come a long way haven't we?

Feb 11, 7:44 AM

Those feels, I teared a little when Sawamura received his Ace number. Still can't believe the first time I started watching Diamond no Ace was 7 years ago. Seeing Sawamura growing little by little - not just his skills, but his character too.

I wonder what the remaining 7 episodes is gonna show hmm...

Feb 11, 7:59 AM

YESSS!! Sawamura Eijun has come a long way and finally did it. Seeing him with the ace number and then when the first op started to play I teared up.

Watching Eijun grow into an amazing pitcher was a really enjoyable ride and after all this time he finally became the ace. I'm so happy damn.

Can't wait to see what happens in the few episodes left in this season.
Gray, Rave, Crave, Deprave.
Grave me,
Grave for you.

Feb 11, 9:56 AM

Finally. I've been waiting for this since this season started and I had no clue it was gonna take 45 episodes.

Noone should be surprised or doubt the decision. Sawamura earned the ace position through hard work and improvement. For a while, he was the pitcher Seido relied on. Let's just hope he performs now.
Awesome signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Feb 11, 10:07 AM
yellowheartren said:
Is this completely butchered, chopped up way of presenting things supposed to be better or more impactful than - you know, normal chronological order? I find it more confusing than anything else. Also lots of slideshow again.

That said, what we did end up seeing was nice. I felt like we were introduced to a few of them for the first time, actually.....

The manga is superior. season 3 has honestly been a disappointment and Madhouse saved all their budget for Chihayafuru instead.

Feb 11, 10:42 AM
You know how there are lots of shonen underdogs that eventually become the chosen one? theres quite a couple of those. Eijun aint it. He is one of the best shonen underdogs ever. Works his rear end off and deserves everything that he accomplishes. all hail the Acejun

Feb 11, 12:12 PM

MY BOIIIII DID IT! I think I teared up a bit

Also, I'm sorry for ever hating on you Furuya!

I'm also glad to see that the girls aren't completely forgotten. I don't need any side romance (although I wouldn't mind either) but at least give them more of a roll

Feb 11, 12:18 PM

My heart wasn't ready for this moment even though I knew it was coming. Sawamura is finally the ace. When that montage with the「Go EXCEED!!」song started playing, showing a bit of everything he has been through so far, I got so emotional I started sobbing, and felt like watching it from the start again right now. It was beautiful, but weird, it felt like the episode was already over, and I wanted to know how it happened. So it was a relief to see the moment in which Sawamura received his number. I also like how Furuya congratulated him. I do believe he was sincere, despite the complicated feelings. Sawamura trying hard to see the number on his back was also adorable, and the way Furuya tried to fold his own was kind of funny. xD I also like Koushuu way more by now. He feels really different from when he first appeared. Well, these 52 episodes are almost over, but their summer is officially starting.

Feb 11, 12:41 PM

One of the best episodes of this season. LOVE it so much!! Especially when OP 1 suddenly appears with all the Sawamura moments!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Feb 11, 1:55 PM

Finally it’s happened! I’m happy for Sawamura, hopefully he’ll do a great job.

Feb 11, 2:41 PM

I can't say I'm too crazy about this season, but I can't deny how hype it was that they put OP1 again as representation of Sawamura finally earning the spot of ace, it gave me the goosebumps!

Feb 11, 7:21 PM

This moment has been 170 episodes in the making and I couldn’t be happier about it. Kataoka once again taking the unpopular stance with only the teams growth in mind. My hype level for the tournament is 110% now.

Feb 11, 7:30 PM

Finally! It happened!

killerqueen2000 said:
yellowheartren said:

The manga is superior. season 3 has honestly been a disappointment and Madhouse saved all their budget for Chihayafuru instead.
LOL so sad but true

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

anime recs: nodame cantabile | shinsekai yori | chihayafuru | space brothers

Feb 11, 10:58 PM

I found myself cheering when Sawamura got that number. They even brought back the first opening music!

Feb 12, 3:20 AM

Cool episode, was happy to see sawamura get the ace number finally. He really earned it!

But also I just want to hurry up and get to the action packed summer games already. Felt like they really stretched this episode, the only noteworthy thing that happened was the ace number which could have been done in like 5 mins.

Feb 12, 4:07 AM
What a great payoff. The two openings were edited to show Sawamura with the ace number is a great touch as well. Great episode.

Feb 12, 5:34 PM
GOAT Taste

Sawamura getting the ace number gave me chills. So hype!!!
Fortune favors the bold!

Feb 12, 9:41 PM
Anime Moderator
Yes! I'm so glad they played Go Exceed!!! What I wasn't expecting was the montage of all the hard work and obstacles Eijun experience along the way, it made me incredibly emotional! At that point, it felt that the true start of the episode.

I agree that seeing Eijun get the ace number in the anime is as satisfying as when I first read the same part over a year ago. I was really jittery the rest of the episode and grinning like crazy. He really deserves it, not only for working so hard and proving his reliability as a pitcher, but also for his presence and influence on the team. I'm so proud of him ;_;

Good for Furuya for congratulating Eijun :) I like how he commented that he understands that feeling of wanting to see the ace number on his back XD But LOL when he folded his 11 in half hahahahaha. The fight is still on though, Furuya isn't going to back down, and Eijun will feel the pressure with Furuya in the back, as well as pressure to perform well and improve himself. GO EXCEED!

Oh yeah, I cracked up when Kataoka told Masashi and Koushuu to do well on their make-up tests, heh. Eijun was giri giri safe with those scores!

Feb 13, 6:20 AM
FINALLY! Not a big big fan of this season but I can live with it after watching this episode. This season probably won't end on a note that most of us would agree with since there's only a few episodes left but I hope they do intend to work on the next season!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Feb 13, 2:16 PM

Sawamura finally ( after years for us ) got the ace number.
That was very hype.
Seems like Furuya will also continue to improve

Feb 14, 5:28 AM
I was in tears when I saw Sawamura with that ace number on his back oh my god.

Feb 14, 8:11 AM

He finally did it!

Feb 14, 5:56 PM

At last. Feels good man.

Feb 15, 7:08 AM

So proud!!!! <333

Sawamura being an ace went trending on twitter (japan) hehe

猫はかわいいです。 (ꈍ ‸ ꈍ)

Feb 16, 5:07 AM

Finally!! Sawamura my boyy!! T^T //Okumura failed his exam lol

Feb 16, 5:33 AM

Sawamura was shaking when Coach handed him the ace number oh my heart.....getthing the Ace number!!! finally... I overwhelmed with emotions when i saw his back with the Ace number.. i need Chris senpai sees that ace number on him I really need this moment..

"ああ七海、あなたは雌犬よ. "

Feb 16, 10:54 AM

After 171 episodes and 6.5 years, he finally has the ace number. Observing his development for all those years was very enjoyable, and sometimes painful, yet seeing him with that number 1 jersey in the end is very satisfying. I got a little bit emotional haha.