Forum Settings
Forums
Feb 10, 5:01 PM
News Team Offline
Thermae Romae creator Mari Yamazaki's historical comedy manga Olympia Kyklos will be adapted into a short television anime series. Titled Bessatsu Olympia Kyklos (Separate Volume Olympia Kyklos), the anime will consist of 24 five-minute episodes. A key visual (pictured) was also unveiled. Tokyo MX will broadcast the series in April 2020.

Synopsis
Demetrios, a timid and kind vase painter in Ancient Greece who dislikes sports and competitions, is one day forced to come up with a game to compete with the mayor of the neighboring town in order to save his village. While hiding inside a large vase outside his workshop, lightning strikes the vase Demetrios is in, transferring him to Tokyo, Japan, during the 1964 Summer Olympics (Source: MU).

Olympia Kyklos is Ryou Fujii's anime directorial debut. Fujii is a content creator who has worked on commercials, dramas, and children's programs including E-Tele's character Mittsu Kaaru-kun. He is known for his unique sense of silliness.

The series will be a mixed-media project combining clay animation with traditional animation and other video techniques. The manga's creator Yamazaki said in a comment, "The characters match the material so well that I think I created Demetrios in order to have Fujii make him into clay and animate him. I want to show it to the ancient Greeks, too."

Shueisha's semi-monthly Grand Jump magazine began publishing Olympia Kyklos in March 2018. The third compiled volume was released on July 19, 2019.

Official site: http://bessatsu-olympia-kyklos.com
Official Twitter: @BessatsuOlympia

Source: Oricon News

Olympia Kyklos on MAL
Modified by Naruleach, Feb 12, 12:43 AM

Feb 10, 6:14 PM

Looking forward to it

Feb 10, 7:04 PM

Sounds interesting.
One Piece episode 914 & 915 were a mistake.

Feb 10, 11:41 PM
this seems interesting

Feb 11, 12:10 AM

More Sekkou Boys is always welcome.

Feb 11, 1:18 AM
Gekiga fanatic

I don't have much expectations considering how thermae romae turned out to be but I'm intrigued by the clay animation part

Feb 11, 4:03 AM
Forum Moderator
clickbait title

When I saw the picture I thought for sure that we were getting a second season of Sekkou Boys. Looks interesting either way.

Feb 11, 5:49 AM

Judging from the synopsis it just looks like Thermae Romae but instead of bathhouses it's the Olympics, I'm pretty alright with this though as Thermae Romae was great

Feb 11, 10:29 AM
I saw Thermae Romae and thought it was funny enough. I'm welcome to seeing another story in the same vein.

5 hours ago
This is sekkou boys all over again except it's not about an idol group but a bust that is still with a human girl!