Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 9, 2020 2:50 PM

Jun 2015
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Final chapter I guess. It's nice they were able to meet up and start fresh in the end.
:)
Feb 9, 2020 10:11 PM
Jul 2018
It was okay overall but it all ended a little too fast for me.
Aug 16, 2021 5:55 AM

Dec 2009
An amazing dramatic romance from Kudou Makoto. 8/10.

Upon rereading this, Kudou Makoto's debut manga remains a great romance drama.
Unfortunately, the scanlation is very flawed in translation. I forgot how awful it was, so it's difficult to comprehend the scenes meaning or dialogues from what the story is truly trying to portray in its messages.

The complex origin to each character's trauma to how they live today is astounding.
From a mother who had a miscarriage of her firstborn daughter, to later birthing twins, one female and the other male... so when the daughter died, she could not accept that her "daughter" Kaede (the first born) "died again".
To, the son, Kaoru, who impersonated and dressed as his older sister for 10 years to soothe the sanity of his mother, and because she neglected him as himself.
Along with his childhood best friend, Senmitsu, who had an unrequited love for the sister at the age of 8... and since that trauma of leaving them be for a moment, to her sudden death... could not accept it, and tracked Kaoru's phone through GPS marked as Kaede for years.
As for Chiaki, she became a tomboy by training judo, and to embody power so that she can protect her mother against her abusive father.

To finally, the "antagonist" of the story, Reika.
Her plot point as the main factor to progress the story is a bit odd in hindsight.
She's a model who's been neglected by her parents since childhood, and was left independent successfully.
So, she developed attachment issues, where she never feels accepted or understood, and bisexually fills that pain with the company of men or women.
Who she wants the most happens to be Chiaki.
A girl who protected her from an ex who wanted to blackmail her.
She fell in love with Chiaki because she was saved without judgement or knowledge of who Reika was. She just genuinely saved her.

... What's a little questionable, is why didn't she ever approach Chiaki herself, instead of using Kaoru who recently met Chiaki, and also learned that Reika was bi.
Chiaki is certainly reserved, and not a lesbian, but it's still odd, wondering logically why such a confident model barely tried on her own directly.
Maybe poor translation made me lose sign of that.
Otherwise, some insight would have been nice.
Although, as weird as that is, it's the "circumstance" that starts the main plot of the story.

... It's also somewhat difficult to accept how Chiaki met Reika after attempting to kill Kaoru, and even had her help with makeup before meeting Kaoru, but whatever. I don't mind that too much.
It's just that the brief insight of each character in the epilogue isn't very satisfying because it's a little lackluster.

Aside from that, Kaoru's father is another odd character.
His excuse is that he's been busy with work... but even though he's wished to confront his wife about it... he believes in letting people control their own life.
So, he decides that his son choose decide whether he continues to impersonate Kaede for his mother or not.
For 10 years, this piece of shit father let his son and wife live a lie, after Kaoru saw the death of his sister in front of his eyes.

.. It's unclear what the true interpretation of Kaede's death is supposed to be due to poor translation...
but I wonder exactly why does Kaoru feel guilty.
It almost seems like he "let" her fall out of fear and shock, or he just couldn't save her.

I think those are my only nitpicks, aside from whatever else I pinpointed in my original breakdown.
Nonetheless, even with some things being lackluster, it is great.

The manga is short, thus somewhat rushed in the bond of Kaoru and Chiaki, but nonetheless, it's well done, even if the pacing could have been a bit longer in showing their few weeks studying and hanging out.
A span of months would be more rational in reality, since seemingly less than a month is a bit too fast.
Although, maybe the manga states a longer time frame that I'm unaware of from poor translation.
Nonetheless, pacing-wise, more scenes of their time together would look better.
waalex11Sep 4, 2023 4:47 PM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mokuyoubi wa Kimi to Nakitai. Chapter 2 Discussion

BTDarklings - Feb 7, 2020

1 by 024 »»
Feb 10, 2020 4:07 PM

Poll: » Mokuyoubi wa Kimi to Nakitai. Chapter 31 Discussion

BTDarklings - Feb 7, 2020

0 by BTDarklings »»
Feb 7, 2020 11:22 PM

Poll: » Mokuyoubi wa Kimi to Nakitai. Chapter 30 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 4, 2019

2 by BTDarklings »»
Feb 7, 2020 11:20 PM

Poll: » Mokuyoubi wa Kimi to Nakitai. Chapter 29 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 29, 2019

3 by BTDarklings »»
Feb 7, 2020 11:19 PM

Poll: » Mokuyoubi wa Kimi to Nakitai. Chapter 28 Discussion

Dessssy - Nov 20, 2019

2 by BTDarklings »»
Feb 7, 2020 11:18 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.