Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Feb 8, 2020 5:56 PM
Apr 2017
So this currently has an average score under 7 stars. I dont understand why?? For me this anime was the perfect combination of fanservice, mindfuck and some good jokes??
Feb 9, 2020 1:14 AM

Jul 2012
withu said:
So this currently has an average score under 7 stars. I dont understand why?? For me this anime was the perfect combination of fanservice, mindfuck and some good jokes??

Because it was a lukewarm (being generous) adaptation of a wonderful source material that is too big to be properly adapted without at least 50 episodes.

You want to see what's YU-NO at its actual prime, go play the Visual Novel instead, the enhanced remake is already localized anyway (and the original version is fan-translated too).

For most fans of the source this anime was a disappointment, and even for non-fans the experience was lackluster at best, for a very good reason:
Underdevelopment and rushed/skipped/poorly executed content.
Mar 2, 2020 6:56 PM

Aug 2017
Not a very good anime. Nintendo Switch game much better
Mar 8, 2020 8:40 AM
Sep 2019
This is exactly what Im thinking and after I watched it know I get it , it's trashier than trash
Mar 8, 2020 1:25 PM

Aug 2013
I'd rate it somewhere around 9/10 IF I didn't bread ORIGINAL visual novel (with original uncut 18+ content, original music, art and fan TRANSLATION) which was MILES ahead this adaptation in literally every possible aspect.
It's just way too bland if you compare it with original story that highly influenced many other timeless series and VNs.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Apr 12, 2020 11:45 AM
Sep 2019
Honestly I was perfectly willing to give this a 7 or 8 by the middle of the show because while it wasn’t perfect I still had some fun with it, but when it finally got to the Sensei who was the one I was looking forward to the most just to go all intergalactic prisoner on me it was a firm 7 and not anything above. Then we ended up switching to a completely different world with a girl who he got with that we got no time to feel anything about and a daughter who was the exact same. Then we got the ending with him basically spending the rest of all time there and it felt like a waste of time. In all honesty I can understand that the actual game might be better with you getting used to things and a better explanation of events but this adaptation on it own went from a fun ride to completely frustrating. That’s why in the end at least for me I couldn’t rate it higher than a 4.
Apr 12, 2020 1:48 PM

Sep 2014
Because isekai maybe?
Apr 23, 2020 6:19 AM
Apr 2020
Danpmss said:
withu said:

Because it was a lukewarm (being generous) adaptation of a wonderful source material that is too big to be properly adapted without at least 50 episodes.

You want to see what's YU-NO at its actual prime, go play the Visual Novel instead, the enhanced remake is already localized anyway (and the original version is fan-translated too).

For most fans of the source this anime was a disappointment, and even for non-fans the experience was lackluster at best, for a very good reason:

Could u elaborate what is missed and other small stuff that not told in the anime...? I wanted to play but i dont quite like VN games... 999 hours doors is vn i can take because theres puzzle game i can play beside the chatting
Apr 23, 2020 4:51 PM

Jul 2012
Cipuci said:
Danpmss said:

Could u elaborate what is missed and other small stuff that not told in the anime...? I wanted to play but i dont quite like VN games... 999 hours doors is vn i can take because theres puzzle game i can play beside the chatting

If you can take 999, you can easily take YU-NO, it actually has more interaction than it and the game per se is somewhat a huge point-and-click puzzle to be "solved" through several scenarios. In fact, one of Zero Escape's biggest influences (also as a spiritual sucessor to the Infinity Series) is YU-NO, you can clearly see by how they are structured.

I won't spoil the game (even because I don't like to do so, especially when it comes to something I want all the more people to get into), but you can be sure that this adaptation didn't include about 70% of the raw content in the VN per se (albeit it did try to adapt most of the essential stuff... and failed to deliver very hard), ask any other player and they will likely tell you the same.

Apr 30, 2020 1:33 AM
Jul 2019
i havent even seen the source material but i gave this a low score because the story went to shit after takuya went to the other world
Feb 3, 2021 3:02 PM
Mar 2016
People are talking about how the source material was far superior and that's why anime should get a low score.

MY PROBLEM is different though, it's all about using old stinky plot ideas.. blackmailing and stealing attempts, MC being too much dumb for plot building reasons, MC being silent when he CAN speak out!
There's no reason for him to keep silent or be stupid af at some scenes, but story creator just used their superior powers to force MC to do so because author didn't know how to build for a certain climax.

I don't mind crazy scary creepy fucked up stories.. only if they just MAKE SENSE!

As always, authors select cheap stupid unsatisfying routes that don't make sense when they run out of ideas.
Feb 9, 2021 5:12 PM
Jan 2021
While the quality of the source material in relation to the anime may be of interest, the ratting of the anime should depend only on the anime.

In my view the anime was terrible. The first are showed some promise with a competent, if not original, take on the "redo". After that things went downhill fast. The last arc was comically bad. I gave the anime as a whole 3/10
William Hughes

Complex systems exhibit unexpected behaviour
Nov 5, 2021 3:12 PM
Nov 2018
withu said:

There are tons of 1 and 2 scores from disgruntled VN fans, you can see them in this thread. These extremely low scores, even given by a minority, drag average score down. Which just confirms that scores are useless to decide if show is worth to watch.

I watched anime blind, there is nothing wrong with it. There are a few things I don't like about the plot but overall it was interesting entertaining show without major flaws. Animation, voice acting, music are good, characters are interesting and I kinda cared about them. Plot was easy to follow and characters behavior made sense (naturally nitpicking is always possible). It is way different from traditional isekai stories or harem romcoms. I like it.

Adapting VN to anime means some details will be lost, it's a different medium with different limitations. I read plot in wikipedia, with few minor deviations anime follows it.

TLDR: snobbish fans with unrealistic expectations drag the score down.
May 31, 2022 12:00 AM

Mar 2016
FreezePeach said:
There are tons of 1 and 2 scores from disgruntled VN fans, you can see them in this thread. These extremely low scores, even given by a minority, drag average score down. Which just confirms that scores are useless to decide if show is worth to watch.

I watched anime blind, there is nothing wrong with it. There are a few things I don't like about the plot but overall it was interesting entertaining show without major flaws. Animation, voice acting, music are good, characters are interesting and I kinda cared about them. Plot was easy to follow and characters behavior made sense (naturally nitpicking is always possible). It is way different from traditional isekai stories or harem romcoms. I like it.

Adapting VN to anime means some details will be lost, it's a different medium with different limitations. I read plot in wikipedia, with few minor deviations anime follows it.

TLDR: snobbish fans with unrealistic expectations drag the score down.

Exactly what i think. I dont really liked any comparison between anime and it's source material ESPECIALLY if the source material itself is from game/VN.

Aug 10, 2022 12:01 PM

Jul 2012
Hrybami said:
Because isekai maybe?

Its not isekai?

Also isekai = bad?

this is why we can't have nice things.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 10, 2022 12:18 PM

Sep 2014
Wehzy said:
Hrybami said:
Because isekai maybe?

Its not isekai?

Also isekai = bad?

this is why we can't have nice things.

I know right. People here hate isekai with a burning passion. It's insane.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kono Yo no Hate de Koi wo Utau Shoujo YU-NO Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 30, 2019

137 by RepeaterSiroop »»
Feb 16, 12:25 PM

» About Hatano Kanna (Spoilers)

ginchan789 - Apr 10, 2019

42 by RyuuanLinke »»
Feb 7, 11:09 AM

» This anime is underrated

saikyozero - Apr 1, 2023

8 by ShivamLH »»
Jan 18, 10:50 PM

Poll: » Kono Yo no Hate de Koi wo Utau Shoujo YU-NO Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 9, 2019

87 by Ara-Ara_Oneesan »»
Jan 13, 2:27 PM

Poll: » Kono Yo no Hate de Koi wo Utau Shoujo YU-NO Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 2, 2019

245 by alana_alexander »»
May 31, 2023 5:21 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.