Forum Settings
Forums
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

Feb 8, 7:26 AM
As above, what do you think.

The requirements for an anime to fall under this category tag will be:
- Multicultural society
and
- Wide variety of sexual genders

I'm asking this because I'm watching Carole & Tuesday but I can't connect to any characters because heterosexual characters are a minority. We already have some category based on genders (yaoi for gay and yuri for lesbians). So I think making this category based on wide variety of genres would be fair. Also because I'm pretty sure netflix will start producing a lot of them in the near future so it won't be a single anime tag genre.

thank you
Modified by Alioune, Feb 8, 7:55 AM

Feb 8, 7:58 AM

Sounds like a 'your problem' type of deal if you can't enjoy a show because you assume some characters are not heterosexual even though their sexual orientation is pretty much irrelevant for the show since it's not about romance anyway.
I enjoyed the shit out of Carole & Tuesday, found it easy to relate to and just in general sexual orientation is irrelevant in terms of being able to relate to fundamental human experiences like music or a lot of the themes in that show. If it isn't for you, then you should work on that. MAL is not here to therapize your personal issues.

This is a ridiculous suggestion that just screams 'political agenda'.

And even setting aside the obviously baity nature of this suggestion, there have been no new genre tags added for 10+ years, including many suggestions that were much more reasonable than this so you better give up.
Too Old To Die Young

Aesthetic value can be recognized or experienced, but it cannot be conveyed to those who are incapable of grasping its sensations and perceptions. To quarrel on its behalf is always a blunder.

Feb 8, 8:22 AM
Pullman said:
Sounds like a 'your problem' type of deal if you can't enjoy a show because you assume some characters are not heterosexual even though their sexual orientation is pretty much irrelevant for the show since it's not about romance anyway.

First of all, I'm not assuming anything, there is indeed a huge variety of genders on the show and this is pointed out quite intrusively and blatantly in the show.
For the rest, when I see a show labeled with the tag "yaoi" or "yuri" I skip them, as I know I wouldn't enjoy them. It's not "my problem", it's just for helping people like me to don't waste time on certain kind of show they don't like.

I enjoyed the shit out of Carole & Tuesday,

I also enjoyed a lot of anime you dropped, so what does that means? There is a thing called tasted, and it's different for all of us.

ound it easy to relate to and just in general sexual orientation is irrelevant in terms of being able to relate to fundamental human experiences like music or a lot of the themes in that show. If it isn't for you, then you should work on that. MAL is not here to therapize your personal issues.

Dude, I'm not saying to remove the music genre tag to the show. I'm just saying to also add a politically correct tag along with the others genres tag absed already existing.
By the way I do not need therapy or anything, maybe you because I think I didn't offended anyone.

I'm apolitical and I don't follow politics. I respect gays, lesbians and those with different sexual tastes than I do, everyone it's free to do what they want with their life. But the fact I respect them it doesn't means I'm myself a gay, a lesbic or a trans. When I look an anime I want to be entertained and personally I find it hard and boring to immerse myself in their costumes and their points of view, that's why I skip them. When a girl kiss another girl (like in episode 4 or 5 of the show) I feel nothing at all and I don't care. When a man is giving compliments to another man, I feel nothing at all and I don't care. I'm not saying what they are doing is wrong or bad... I'm just saying I don't care. And if I don't care what is happening inside a show, this lead me to feel boring.
I'm already using the other genre-based tag to skip anime I know I wouldn't like. So why this should be different?

And even setting aside the obviously baity nature of this suggestion, there have been no new genre tags added for 10+ years, including many suggestions that were much more reasonable than this so you better give up.

Oh yeah, that seems a pretty solid point for give up. lol

But the way I'm not in for further discussions. Please leave the topic clean for the admin. Thank you.
Modified by Alioune, Feb 8, 8:56 AM

Feb 8, 8:28 AM

This sounds like a terrible idea.

Jotaro can spit in my mouth.

Feb 8, 8:38 AM
I forgot to say, I used the term "politically correct" for the genre as I think it would fit the most this kind of niche and would be the most "soft" term, but in the end you could call this genre how you like. For example I see a MAL alternative site using the term "Gender bender" instead of politically correct, but I tink this would be more offensive...? pick the name you want, but would be useful to differentiate this kind of shows
Modified by Alioune, Feb 8, 9:04 AM

Feb 9, 3:01 AM

anime shouldn't have come to the west. y'all fuck up everything nice we get.

Feb 9, 4:25 AM

Not sure if trolling, or not. Either way, no, thank you.

Feb 9, 5:39 AM
People are stupid, put shit and chocolate in front of them and they'll like both and they won't be able to tell the difference between the two. Anime have started their decline around the middle of the 00's, but in the last 10 years the decline has been embarrassing. They had already hit rock bottom before, with c&T they just started digging the bottom. Of the last year I liked no anime at all, but it's fun to see how dumb people white knight the most recent anime evn tho the quality is dropping year after year, and that's a fact. And maybe if you check their profiles, they even put Evangelion, Fullmetal Alchemist, and so on among their favorites to look intellectual but they don't even know why they are good products if they give the same rating to c&T and other recent crap. Anyway, all of this is tragically funny, it's like being on a sinking titanic and the crew and captain are all drunk out of control. I look at anime just out of curiosity to see where they'll end up, they are not art anymore like they used to be untile the early '00.

Tl;Dr: No.

Feb 9, 6:08 AM
Okay guys, now I got it.
This site is full of kids that are note able to keep a topic clean even if you ask them, because they always feel the need to share their opinion even if no one asked for them and no one care, indeed this suggestion was for the admins, wasn't intended for the users. I thought this community was more mature than this, but obviously I was wrong. Personally I don't care about the suggestion anymore, you're free to use this thread tocontinue having fun tearing each other apart because personally I don't care anymore.
Have fun.
And remember, tomorrow is Monday and all of you have school.

Feb 9, 6:43 AM

Alioune said:
Okay guys, now I got it.
This site is full of kids.

The moment someone says 'no', you call them kids. That’s not how you prove your opinion; no one will ever agree with you, if you opt to such things.
Alioune said:
indeed this suggestion was for the admins, wasn't intended for the users.

That's not how it works. Check other suggestions.

Alioune said:
I don't care anymore.

It took you one day to just ‘give up’. Why create a thread, then?
Alioune said:

And remember, tomorrow is Monday and all of you have school.

If you say such things in any argument, it means ‘you lost’. That is a basic knowledge, you get in any school.

Cheers.

Feb 9, 9:59 AM

"Politically correct" is something that depends one's interpretation of the anime. It's not a real "genre" so this tag shouldn't ever exist. However, I'd invite you to search list online (on MAL or on Google depending to what you could find) and/or use the "recommendation" section on an anime you liked. That should the best way to find what you're looking for.

Feb 9, 10:53 AM

This sounds like a good idea. Except instead of creating a new genre called "politically correct," there should just be a trigger warning in the description.

Trigger warnings:
Includes rape, murder, cruel & unusual torture and women holding hands.
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but it's probably going to involve frogs. I freakin' hate those things."
- Albert Einstein

Feb 9, 11:32 AM

Freshell said:

Includes rape

Rx/R rating;

R rating;
Freshell said:
cruel & unusual torture

Still R;
Freshell said:
women holding hands.

PG-13.

I guess rating should indicate it.

Feb 9, 1:12 PM
In a weird way, I sort of agree with you. On a slightly related note, why is MAL schilling C&T? It's on their cover on FB, there are ads on the top bar, the side bar, and on the bottom. When you open MAL, it advertises some C&T related concert.
100x125 pixels? hard to find

Feb 11, 7:21 PM
Alioune said:
As above, what do you think.

The requirements for an anime to fall under this category tag will be:
- Multicultural society
and
- Wide variety of sexual genders

I'm asking this because I'm watching Carole & Tuesday but I can't connect to any characters because heterosexual characters are a minority. We already have some category based on genders (yaoi for gay and yuri for lesbians). So I think making this category based on wide variety of genres would be fair. Also because I'm pretty sure netflix will start producing a lot of them in the near future so it won't be a single anime tag genre.

thank you

If you take into account the political party that has a majority in the US and UK among many other nations right now by "politically correct" do you mean right wing leaning ideologies?

Because the last time I checked sjw's were the minority currently.
Wouldn't that make your agenda "politically incorrect" in the current climate?

Feb 11, 7:55 PM

Grusomhed_D said:
Not sure if trolling, or not. Either way, no, thank you.

Same. I thought exactly the same thing and I wanted to write it, but it looks like just agreeing with your post will be enough. ;p

Feb 14, 1:48 PM

"I'm apolitical but..." lol

There's no way you're apolitical when you're lumping anime having a "multicultural society" and/or "wide variety of sexual genders" together in a suggestion for a "politically correct" genre. Honestly your whole argument for this new genre seems to boil down to "ew the gay/bi/X preference here" because "heterosexual characters are a minority".

Just skip or drop the anime since a character's sexual preference seems to be that much of an issue for you lol

Feb 14, 2:54 PM

Yes, please. We need tag "cultural marxism"

Btw you can go to anilist, they have super advanced search engine, not like that greedy stuck in 90' website.

Pullman said:
I enjoyed the shit out of Carole & Tuesday, found it easy to relate to and just in general sexual orientation is irrelevant in terms of being able to relate to fundamental human experiences like music or a lot of the themes in that show. If it isn't for you, then you should work on that. MAL is not here to therapize your personal issues.

How can you be so fine lolicon and sjw at the same time...? Dude, I respect the shit out of you because of legally questionable flat waifus, but why do you think, people shouldn't have option to watch shows without minorities?

I mean, why it's fine to look for gay/lesbian/rest of the pack anime, praise it, but it's suddenly bad to watch heterosexual stories?
For example I don't want to watch gay romance stories, I can't relate and as heterosexual it's not enjoyable to look at flirting males. You define this as "issue". It's like with any other sexual activity. You don't force people to watch furries for example. I don't like furries, so I didn't even touch Beastars for example.

mod edit: merged consecutive posts; use the edit button.

Modified by Tensho, Today, 4:14 AM
俺の好きな番号は二六七八二九だ。

めぐみんを求めるのは犯罪なのだ?

Feb 14, 4:03 PM

shirakawa_megumi said:
Pullman said:

How can you be so fine lolicon and sjw at the same time...? Dude, I respect the shit out of you because of legally questionable flat waifus, but why do you think, people shouldn't have option to watch shows without minorities?

I mean, why it's fine to look for gay/lesbian/rest of the pack anime, praise it, but it's suddenly bad to watch heterosexual stories?
For example I don't want to watch gay romance stories, I can't relate and as heterosexual it's not enjoyable to look at flirting males. You define this as "issue". It's like with any other sexual activity. You don't force people to watch furries for example. I don't like furries, so I didn't even touch Beastars for example.

Idk if I understand your point but mine is that sexual orientation doesn't matter for romance - either it's a good romance with relatable characters or it isn't. I just never understood why you have to share a sexual orientation to relate to the general feeling of being in love with someone. Love is universal and sexual orientation just ends up emphasizing different aspects of the same universal feeling of love so I just don't understand why people need to have the same sexual orientation as a character to be able to appreciate romance. It just doesn't compute.
Too Old To Die Young

Aesthetic value can be recognized or experienced, but it cannot be conveyed to those who are incapable of grasping its sensations and perceptions. To quarrel on its behalf is always a blunder.

Feb 14, 4:13 PM

Pullman said:
shirakawa_megumi said:

Idk if I understand your point but mine is that sexual orientation doesn't matter for romance - either it's a good romance with relatable characters or it isn't. I just never understood why you have to share a sexual orientation to relate to the general feeling of being in love with someone. Love is universal and sexual orientation just ends up emphasizing different aspects of the same universal feeling of love so I just don't understand why people need to have the same sexual orientation as a character to be able to appreciate romance. It just doesn't compute.

Can you just, maybe just understand, that not everybody is "I'll sleep with everything"? The point is, I don't relate to gay/lesbian romances as heterosexual male, if someone do or doesn't need to, that's anime for them - not for me.

Most people don't separate romance in non sexual feelings and sexual feelings. If you are so much progressive and so much inteligent to do it, then please do. For rest of us, you get into romantic relationship because there is inherent sexual attraction. It's combined together. Inseparable. Of course unless you are some higher being, with unheard intelligence. Us dummies can't do it like you do.

"Love is universal" blah, blah, blah, I'm sure you love your mother, dog and your favorite food all the same. This is dumbest idea I've ever heard. Universality of love. You have example here, even 2 of us don't agree what is love. So how it can be universal? Law of physics are universal. Love isn't.

So yes, you can watch gay romance and like it. I don't know and doesn't want or need to know what it means as male to love other male. So it is the most important factor in romance, I don't care about gay relationship as subplot or background characters, but romance? No way.
俺の好きな番号は二六七八二九だ。

めぐみんを求めるのは犯罪なのだ?

Feb 14, 4:29 PM

shirakawa_megumi said:
Pullman said:

Can you just, maybe just understand, that not everybody is "I'll sleep with everything"? The point is, I don't relate to gay/lesbian romances as heterosexual male, if someone do or doesn't need to, that's anime for them - not for me.

Most people don't separate romance in non sexual feelings and sexual feelings. If you are so much progressive and so much inteligent to do it, then please do. For rest of us, you get into romantic relationship because there is inherent sexual attraction. It's combined together. Inseparable. Of course unless you are some higher being, with unheard intelligence. Us dummies can't do it like you do.

"Love is universal" blah, blah, blah, I'm sure you love your mother, dog and your favorite food all the same. This is dumbest idea I've ever heard. Universality of love. You have example here, even 2 of us don't agree what is love. So how it can be universal? Law of physics are universal. Love isn't.

So yes, you can watch gay romance and like it. I don't know and doesn't want or need to know what it means as male to love other male. So it is the most important factor in romance, I don't care about gay relationship as subplot or background characters, but romance? No way.

You can say what you want but person A being in love with person B is always the same kind of feeling no matter which genders or sexual orientation both of them have. If you can relate to the feeling of loving someone/anyone, you should be able to relate to it independent of sexual orientation. If you can't, that's kinda weird to me. Just imagine whatever feeling of (romantic) love you had for someone in your life and then imagine someone having the exact same feeling for someone of the same sex. What's so difficult about that?

Being able to relate to/understand a feeling doesn't mean to literally share it - it just means that you know the feeling in a general sense. So unless you literally don't know love at all, you should be able to relate to any kind of love because it's the same feeling for everyone. There is no fundamental difference between the kind of love that people of different sexual orientation feel for each other. Love is love. I'll never be in love with someone male because I'm heterosexual, but that doesn't prevent me from understanding how someone, anyone, feels when they're in love with someone else.

If you insist that you need to be some 'higher being, with unheard of intelligence' to understand love in a general sense like that, then idk what to tell you. Imo you just need to have basic human sensibilities to understand what the feeling of love means on a general level.
Too Old To Die Young

Feb 14, 4:49 PM

@Pullman

This whole fucking site is trying to deny heterosexualism all the time, I swear to god!

"You can say what you want but person A being in love with person B is always the same kind of feeling no matter which genders or sexual orientation both of them have."

FALSE. You don't know what I personally consider love, how I love, how others love. Also to agree with your statement, one have to believe in gender ideology first. I don't, I only operate on biological sex, male, female, sometimes something not quite like as corner case.

". If you can relate to the feeling of loving someone/anyone, you should be able to relate to it independent of sexual orientation. If you can't, that's kinda weird to me. Just imagine whatever feeling of (romantic) love you had for someone in your life and then imagine someone having the exact same feeling for someone of the same sex. What's so difficult about that?"

FALSE. I love romantically only females, never males. So no, I won't ever imagine how it's to love male from my experiences. Just stop denying my sexuality ok? You know that's illegal here? I guess we need to call moderator to your post, because you breaking the rules.

"Being able to relate to/understand a feeling doesn't mean to literally share it - it just means that you know the feeling in a general sense. So unless you literally don't know love at all, you should be able to relate to any kind of love because it's the same feeling for everyone. There is no fundamental difference between the kind of love that people of different sexual orientation feel for each other. Love is love. I'll never be in love with someone male because I'm heterosexual, but that doesn't prevent me from understanding how someone, anyone, feels when they're in love with someone else."

Just stop, stop. I refuse to agree that your love is the same as mine. You don't know what I feel, what I care for, what I think. I don't believe you are heterosexual if you think that it's not normal to have preference for one sex. You don't know what others feel! Stop lying, you act like you can read minds. You just projecting that all people love is exactly the same as yours.

"If you insist that you need to be some 'higher being, with unheard of intelligence' to understand love in a general sense like that, then idk what to tell you. Imo you just need to have basic human sensibilities to understand what the feeling of love means on a general level."

On general level right. Like vaguely. Sure. But not all people love is identical. What gave you that idea?

But when watching romance I like to relate to male character. I relate to his motivation - get together with girl he likes. I don't relate to male character, who want to get with other male character. That simple. Doesn't matter how much homosexual story is well written it's flawed for me personally because I can't and don't want to relate
俺の好きな番号は二六七八二九だ。

めぐみんを求めるのは犯罪なのだ?

Yesterday, 10:17 AM

shirakawa_megumi said:

But when watching romance I like to relate to male character. I relate to his motivation - get together with girl he likes. I don't relate to male character, who want to get with other male character. That simple. Doesn't matter how much homosexual story is well written it's flawed for me personally because I can't and don't want to relate

Look, the point is, if you ever experienced love, wanted to be with someone, your heart went doki doki when in their company etc. You will understand how a romance lead is feeling when he or she expresses similar behaviour and you'll be able to sympathize with their feelings (aka relating to them). This is what allows one to enjoy fiction, understanding the human emotions characters showcase and appreciate its portrayal. You don't have to be gay to enjoy gay romance, you don't have to lose someone to like a film about loss, you don't have to be depressed yourself to appreciate the themes of depression. We're able to sympathize without being directly involved as developed creatures. If you aren't exclusively watching movies about things you yourself lived through that's why.

Let my blood taint your dreams!
Let the Grail be cursed!
Let the wish it grants bring disaster!
And when you fall into the pits of hell...
Remember the rage of Diarmuid!

Today, 4:15 AM
Forum Moderator
ダイア

No, this will not happen.

Thread locked.

「houseki no kuni」

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.