Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Magia Record: Puella Magi Madoka Magica Side Story
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Feb 9, 2020 12:20 PM

Jul 2014
Yeah, I don't care about anything in this show anymore, so I'm out.

Seriously, why are spin-offs always so mediocre?
Feb 9, 2020 12:30 PM

May 2015
Seems we're not going back to crazy girl straight away. Interesting to see Kyouko making an appearance. I thought Mami would be the only camio but we've got more. I think that'll be it though since Madoka wouldnt have been a magical girl at this time and in turn Sayaka wouldnt and Homura probably wouldnt have a reason to leave Madoka. (That or she isnt a magical girl yet either.) Im just assuming this all takes place before the events of Madoka Magica.

Yachiyo slipping out her secret gayness for Iroha when she said "Dont drag Iroha into this." Ship it! Hope we see some more scenes between those two.

Also dam Cocoa coming into this series as well. Just finished watching The Quintessential Quintuplets where Yotsuba was literally Cococa (Is the Order a Rabbit?) and now we've got Cocoa magical girl edition lol.
DarknessRealityFeb 9, 2020 12:35 PM
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Feb 9, 2020 5:49 PM
Jan 2013
For Madoka's sake, this is supposed to be a discussion about Magia Record...

moodie said:
Honestly didnt even realize we are half way finished with this season. I am assuming the rumors are true that it will be 2 cour just based on how this is paced. I am really enjoying everything about this adaptation. It surpasses the game and does relevant changes to fit an anime format. The game gets to foreshadow things which would be spoilers if it was 1:1 adapted in the anime. I am glad the liberties are taken unlike Fate where they have to follow the source to a T with minor changes that people generally dislike.

I asked Yachiyo, and yeah, the Rumor of the Second Cour seems to be true.
Feb 9, 2020 6:19 PM

Jan 2019
Casul_Noob1997 said:
If your next reply ignores everything I said here as you have for every other reply, I'm going to stay silent. It's been like talking to a brick wall.

There is no point in trying to convince him. Some people are bad at interpretation or just have bad taste and there is nothing you can do about it.
"If someone says it's wrong to hope, I'll tell them they're wrong every single time."
Feb 10, 2020 2:18 AM

Dec 2018
A new magical lesbian joined the party!! Felicia that wants food revenge and somewhere to sleep!! Preferably next to the other lesbians!!,,YEES!!

And Yachiyo went to the coordinator again to get her"soul gem"adjusted"!!,YEEEEEES!!! Awwwww Honey you really like it when other lesbians are playing with your "soul gem"!!! You are so damn cute!!

Drank some water from strangers and other weird shit is going on!!

Overall another fun episode!!! Magical Lesbian fighting witches then they go home and adjusting each other!!,,YEEEEES!!! Anime you are awesome!!! I fucking love this!!! More lesbian soul gem adjusting please!!!

Yuri-CrusaderFeb 10, 2020 3:34 AM
Feb 10, 2020 3:31 AM
Dec 2018
Yuri-Crusader said:
A new magical lesbian joined the party!! Felicia that wants food and revenge and somewhere to sleep!! Preferably next to the other lesbians!!,,YEES!!

And Yachiyo went to the coordinator again to get her"soul gem"adjusted"!!,YEEEEEES!!! Awwwww Honey you really like it when other lesbians are playing with your "soul gem"!!! You are so damn cute!!

Drank some water from strangers and other weird shit is going on!!

Overall another fun episode!!! Magical Lesbian fighting witches then they go home and adjusting each other!!,,YEEEEES!!! Anime you are awesome!!! I fucking love this!!! More lesbian soul gem adjusting please!!!

Shipping Tsuruno and Felicia is the worst thing ever done in history of Madoka Magica.
Feb 10, 2020 5:01 AM
Aug 2015
salarx said:

Shipping Tsuruno and Felicia is the worst thing ever done in history of Madoka Magica.

You haven't seen the Mami x Nagisa ship?
Feb 10, 2020 5:29 AM
Dec 2018
Eroha said:
salarx said:

Oh snap, I must have taken it as mother-daughter love.
Feb 10, 2020 5:48 AM

Feb 2014
I know she was going to appear soon enough, but I couldn't help but smile when Kyouko finally made her appearance. Yachiyo seems to have a habit of encountering the Mitakihara magical girls recently, with Mami from the previous episode.

Felicia has that troubling aura around her. She's a lone wolf at her job, but she also has a bubbly personality that showed easily when she was with Iroha at the arcade and got along with her pretty well. It's a shame that the enemy was able to manipulate Felicia too easily when they promised to kill the witches for her, plus the fact that the witches also killed her parents, means that she needs to be taken down at any costs. The final frame of the episode showed her twisted facial expression that did a good job at startling me. ^^;

I'm not sure what'll happen next, but I'm expecting Kyouko to gate-crash this clash at some point.
Feb 10, 2020 9:40 AM

Apr 2017
Ok, I honestly don't really know what that was... Nothing really important happened this episode, or at least, I didn't see it. Of course there is a chance I missed something, mostly because I'm getting more and more confused over all these characters. If I'm not completely wrong, there were at least two new characters in this episode (with Kyouko just having her debut in the show) and that is nothing new. It has that "character of the week" feeling by now, with old characters not reappearing and just new ones showing up. This might possibly be due to the origin of the anime.

I also get the feeling we are missing on the story. As I have written at some point in the past, Iroha is just a figure for telling stories about people around her. We haven't seen anything really new about her search for Ui in some time, there is always something else. I hope, this isn't just the main pace for the rest of the series and then all about Ui will be solved in the last episode. That would be really disappointing. I'm hoping we get more pieces to the overall puzzle in the future.
Feb 10, 2020 10:46 AM
Jul 2019
So what exactly was that scene in the beginning of the episode?I wasn't able to connect the very first scene with the contend of the episode(not in a satisfactory way at least). I also was feeling this way with the last scene of the episode 5. This is purposefull or i'm just missing something?
Feb 10, 2020 10:48 AM
Aug 2015
Kbenicio said:
So what exactly was that scene in the beginning of the episode?I wasn't able to connect the very first scene with the contend of the episode(not in a satisfactory way at least). I also was feeling this way with the last scene of the episode 5. This is purposefull or i'm just missing something?

The first scene this episode was to show how bad Felicia is at teamwork, and the end of episode 5 was to show that its not only Iroha who has the weird witch power
Feb 10, 2020 10:56 AM
Jul 2019
Eroha said:
Kbenicio said:

The first scene this episode was to show how bad Felicia is at teamwork, and the end of episode 5 was to show that its not only Iroha who has the weird witch power

oh, thanks a lot. Its actually quite simple. I guess the weekly releases for a complex show like this makes you forget the basics about the universe.
Feb 10, 2020 11:20 AM
Mar 2017
Iroha continues her search for her sister Ui and on her trip runs into a new rumor and in turn, meets a new magical girl, a very violent and skilled girl.

The introduction of Felicia Mitsuki was quite aggressive, a girl who personally captivated me with her appearance and that finally destroyed me why she is a mercenary magical girl, knowing that her family was murdered by witches made me very sad, such an adorable girl as she doesn't deserve to live like that.

Something that I liked about this episode was the change in attitude that Yachiyo had with Iroha, he seems to worry more about her, I don't know if it's because of the search Iroha is going through or just because Iroha is weaker and needs to be taken care of I hope that Yachiyo eventually invites Iroha to live in the house that, as Yachiyo mentioned before, the house was a boardinghouse, but it still bothers me that Yachiyo hides certain things, like hiding from Iroha that she became a doppel.

The new rumor seemed interesting to me, a drink that grants you good luck, but you should practically become an addict and drink it every 24 hours or you will disappear, it hurts that Iroha and Felicia drank this and are now in danger.

Another familiar face appeared before Yachiyo, it seems that Kyouko is also investigating or is simply looking for witches to hunt, in the same way I loved seeing her and her personality so characteristic of her.

Wings of Magius is undoubtedly the classic group with suspicious intentions and that finally one of the members will be involved with the witches, I have that feeling, since they came directly to Felicia and offered her a deal that she would not be able to refuse, that is to say that they need this girl without a group to be under their control and thus get rid of a possible threat and personally I don't trust them because they got Felicia to put that scary face full of hate and revenge, she should have a smile, but the poor girl has suffered a lot and I think I can't stand her suffering anymore.

It still bothers me not knowing if Momoko and Rena are doing well and what happened to Kaede?
salbery755Feb 10, 2020 11:27 AM
Feb 10, 2020 1:56 PM

Jan 2019
RobbiRobb said:
Ok, I honestly don't really know what that was... Nothing really important happened this episode, or at least, I didn't see it. Of course there is a chance I missed something, mostly because I'm getting more and more confused over all these characters. If I'm not completely wrong, there were at least two new characters in this episode (with Kyouko just having her debut in the show) and that is nothing new. It has that "character of the week" feeling by now, with old characters not reappearing and just new ones showing up. This might possibly be due to the origin of the anime.

I also get the feeling we are missing on the story. As I have written at some point in the past, Iroha is just a figure for telling stories about people around her. We haven't seen anything really new about her search for Ui in some time, there is always something else. I hope, this isn't just the main pace for the rest of the series and then all about Ui will be solved in the last episode. That would be really disappointing. I'm hoping we get more pieces to the overall puzzle in the future.

I think that somehow this is all related to Ui and her disappearance. Those hooded girls repeat the same promise of "salvation" that Ui says in the dreams of the magical girls.
"If someone says it's wrong to hope, I'll tell them they're wrong every single time."
Feb 10, 2020 3:17 PM
Jun 2019
I don't understand the audience. There were more people hitting episode 2, but this one, which was really bad. The pace is very fast, the dialogues are confusing. Both the rumor of this episode and the character introduced were handled very poorly. I hope it gets better in the next episode, so far it was score 9. :( 2/5 for the episode, 4/5 for the anime until EP 6
Feb 10, 2020 3:22 PM
Jun 2019
Kbenicio said:

I didn't understand what you meant. The first scene of this episode takes place at the barrier of a witch. The magic girls, except Felicia, in this scene, are a team, they are just extras. I don't know why it is so difficult to understand. The function of this scene was to show Felicia in battle and her insanity when seeing witches or familiars.
Feb 10, 2020 4:25 PM

Mar 2013
RobbiRobb said:
Ok, I honestly don't really know what that was... Nothing really important happened this episode, or at least, I didn't see it. Of course there is a chance I missed something, mostly because I'm getting more and more confused over all these characters.
The anime's following a two-episodes-per-game-chapter pace, so this is the setup episode for their initial encounter with the Wings of the Magius. Things should start moving in the next episode, especially I'd say if the earlier speculation about Kuroe becoming a Black Feather turns out to be right.
Feb 10, 2020 5:00 PM

Apr 2017
Polycell said:
RobbiRobb said:
Ok, I honestly don't really know what that was... Nothing really important happened this episode, or at least, I didn't see it. Of course there is a chance I missed something, mostly because I'm getting more and more confused over all these characters.
The anime's following a two-episodes-per-game-chapter pace, so this is the setup episode for their initial encounter with the Wings of the Magius. Things should start moving in the next episode, especially I'd say if the earlier speculation about Kuroe becoming a Black Feather turns out to be right.
Yeah, I somewhat got that this is just the beginning of that story. Didn't know that it's two episodes per game-chapter as I don't know anything about the game. Thanks for letting me know, so with that in mind I now know how to see the plot of this series.
Feb 10, 2020 5:27 PM
Jan 2013
salarx said:
Eroha said:

Oh snap, I must have taken it as mother-daughter love.

Isn't "Maminagi" a common pairing?

I don't think I've seen Tsuruno/Felicia shipping before, but it makes sense as they are close.
Feb 10, 2020 7:34 PM

Jun 2012
Kyouko's voice sounds different. But we'll, she's still a bit carefree as usual.
Feb 11, 2020 9:45 AM

Jun 2014
Thread cleaned.

Please ensure all posts relate to the topic.
Feb 12, 2020 10:48 PM

Oct 2008
YeY Kyouko!
looks like despair doom for Felicia huh...

Feb 15, 2020 5:34 AM
Sep 2015
The hooded girls seem to be part of a secret society, xD. I know owls are related to secret societies so I think I'm not that off about this theory.

Tbh this show is boring sometimes. It feels like SHAFT puts the girls from the original anime for no reason other than keep the viewers from dropping this.
Feb 15, 2020 5:36 AM
Sep 2015
This anime reminds me of Sofia the first. I'm serious. You know how everytime Sofia's in trouble and a Disney princess appears before her?

I get the feeling Kyoko appeared on this episode just because she's similar to Felicia. Similar personality and similar appearance. (I mean look at their crooked teeth) They both like food and they have no family since their parents are dead.
Feb 15, 2020 7:20 AM
Dec 2019
JOELbedulla said:
The hooded girls seem to be part of a secret society, xD. I know owls are related to secret societies so I think I'm not that off about this theory.

Tbh this show is boring sometimes. It feels like SHAFT puts the girls from the original anime for no reason other than keep the viewers from dropping this.

You can drop it if you don't like it.
I am agree that characters from original anime don't seem really useful for the moment
I don't know why they are here exactly but if it is for what you said, if I did not like the serie that's not what would have prevented me from dropping it (on the contrary)
I have not seen Sofia the first but apart what you mentioned, it seems very different of magia record.
houloukFeb 15, 2020 7:23 AM
Feb 15, 2020 10:56 AM
Sep 2015
houlouk said:
JOELbedulla said:

You can drop it if you don't like it.
I am agree that characters from original anime don't seem really useful for the moment
I don't know why they are here exactly but if it is for what you said, if I did not like the serie that's not what would have prevented me from dropping it (on the contrary)
I have not seen Sofia the first but apart what you mentioned, it seems very different of magia record.

Of course Sofia the first is different from Magia Record. What I said was a joke...
Feb 15, 2020 3:39 PM

Nov 2008
JOELbedulla said:
It feels like SHAFT puts the girls from the original anime for no reason other than keep the viewers from dropping this.

I have to agree. At least for Mami there was a brief scene where Kyubey asks her to investigate Kamihama, but as for Kyoko's reason to be there, they completely cut the part where
AnimeThemes.moe <- the largest collection of anime Openings & Endings on the Web
AnimeMusicQuiz.com <- guess an anime from your list by it's Opening/Ending music browser game
Feb 15, 2020 3:43 PM

Nov 2016
Felicia best girl for me, she better stays safe.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Feb 20, 2020 2:24 AM

Oct 2017
Felicia is an amusing girl but sadly her anger's consuming her and she can't think things through.
Feb 21, 2020 4:39 PM

Feb 2018
Another good episode xD.
Feb 23, 2020 1:31 PM

Dec 2008
I thought Felicia was a annoying at first but I liked her by the end. She kind of reminded me of Kyouko a bit. Speaking of Kyouko, she seemed out of place, but it's possibly establishing her before she does something rather than just being a cameo.
Mar 18, 2020 4:15 AM

Dec 2013
Another new magical girl. I feel like they are introducing too many characters tbh

I don't think that she actually believes them at the end.
Mar 24, 2020 1:21 PM

Aug 2017
It seems that Felicia will betray everyone lol.

But the most important thing in the episode was Kyoko's debut in this spin-off.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Apr 17, 2020 8:04 PM
Jun 2016
I didn't really thought that they were introducing too many magical girls until this episode. Although I don't think I'm bothered by it that much since I kind of see it more as a welcome change to a spin-off and a way to expand the Madoka Magica (extended) universe. But yeah, I can see why this could throw off some viewers. The original series was more "localized" (only a few magical girls get introduced at a time) while Magia Record isn't really (if you get my point). As for the fast-paced part, I don't really think Magia Record is that much fast-paced compared to the original. Or at least not by a lot.

As for the witches, yeah, Magia Record made them even more of a "monster of the week" formula. Someone said that they're not as memorable as the ones from the original series. I'm kind of inclined to agree. I don't really know every witch from both 'seasons', but the ones I know more of are: Charlotte (Nagisa), Oktavia (Sayaka), Elsa Maria, Walpurgisnacht (if that one counts), and Kriemhild (Madoka).

Iroha drinking the water bottle from what appears to be a witch is kind of weird. I've also noticed that Iroha has some sort of Google Maps on her phone. It's a small detail, but the entertainment industry tends to avoid having smartphones as to not make their movies, series, etc. "dated." Is Shaft (the animation studio behind this anime) starting some sort of daring change to anime?

I've just realized, can't the girls just wear gloves to conceal the fact that their magical girls?

Hammer girl reminds me of Vita from Lyrical Nanoha A's a lot, actually. Well, at least she's not beating up Iroha for pocket money.

I wonder if any more of the original magical girls are going to appear. I thought it would only be Mami but of course, Kyouko makes sense as well. Would Homura and Madoka be next?

Yachiyo is cool and all, but Felicia's just misunderstood.

Yeah, of course Felicia gets tempted by... whatever those are. I've expected that, but at the same time I've also expected her to just stay with Iroha's team.

Momoko's team and Kuroe hasn't been the focus these last few episodes, I wonder what they're up to now.
Apr 17, 2020 8:24 PM

Mar 2013
Mat2468xk said:
I've also noticed that Iroha has some sort of Google Maps on her phone. It's a small detail, but the entertainment industry tends to avoid having smartphones as to not make their movies, series, etc. "dated." Is Shaft (the animation studio behind this anime) starting some sort of daring change to anime?
This is far from the first anime to have a character with a smartphone. They're usually used as phones, though, so it's typically just a minor detail. The game had her having trouble with using her phone(including the maps app), but that doesn't seem to be the case in the anime.
Apr 18, 2020 6:25 AM
Aug 2015
Mat2468xk said:
Iroha drinking the water bottle from what appears to be a witch is kind of weird.

It said that unless you know that is it not normal, you perceive it as normal. Basically you see it as normal unless you know it is a rumour or you are looking for something not normal
Apr 18, 2020 6:41 PM
Jun 2016
Polycell said:
Mat2468xk said:
I've also noticed that Iroha has some sort of Google Maps on her phone. It's a small detail, but the entertainment industry tends to avoid having smartphones as to not make their movies, series, etc. "dated." Is Shaft (the animation studio behind this anime) starting some sort of daring change to anime?
This is far from the first anime to have a character with a smartphone. They're usually used as phones, though, so it's typically just a minor detail. The game had her having trouble with using her phone(including the maps app), but that doesn't seem to be the case in the anime.

I mean, I know it's definitely not the first anime to use a smartphone. But yeah, they're usually just used as a phone with some sort of messaging app. Like what I've said, they usually avoid smartphones so that the anime won't get associated with a certain time period.

Eroha said:
Mat2468xk said:
Iroha drinking the water bottle from what appears to be a witch is kind of weird.

It said that unless you know that is it not normal, you perceive it as normal. Basically you see it as normal unless you know it is a rumour or you are looking for something not normal

I usually write these as I watch the anime. I honestly didn't notice that until someone pointed it out, though.
Jun 6, 2020 9:22 AM

Aug 2018
That blonde magical girl wants money?.. Really?.. Bully.. ;/ Well, hopefully she'll get better later, but really demanding money?..
Well, in the end, I guess, she agreed to just ice cream.. Alright, I guess.. I just really don't like gopnik culture and stuff.. Well, will put it for aside right now, it doesn't seem like she is as violent as them..
So Mitsuki Felicia, hm.. Ok..
This dimension's/ timeline's Kyouko is as usual, I guess.. Just surviving is what interests her, and it's - hunting witches.. And also coming to other magical girls territory exactly for that..
Well.. Iroha and Felicia form lucky pair.. ;D I wonder, though, if it's done for comedic effect and slice of life stuff.. Or it's just witch with its' lucky owl water.. I'd prefer first, really.. Some wholesome slice of life would be nice.. ;p
Well.. So what do I think about Felicia.. Hm.. I guess, she is careless girl.. And that's why she sometimes can do things that hurt others.. Like demanding money.. Or fighting carelessly witches, putting others in danger.. She's just impulsive.. But she also not a bad person.. It seems.. She's not wishing really anyone evil or anything.. She's just really cares about being payed, because she wouldn't survive other way.. Guess, she reminds in this regards Kyouko a bit..
Damn, Felicia's face at 22:05.. Just in general that's an impressive art.. ;o
Well, so far I don't really know, how I feel about Felicia.. Have to see more about her.. But I'd want to wish that every magical girl is good in the end.. But who knows.. It'd be a bit strange, by the way.. If there would be evil magical girls.. Could there be evil magical girls to begin with?.. Or they'd just be witches at that point?.. Well, who knows..
Jul 21, 2020 11:15 PM

Jul 2016
Uhh... are we sure Iroha is an actual Mahou Shoujo? Because that must be the most stupid and laziest way to fall into a Witch/Familiar's trap I have ever seen. I mean, the whole atmosphere was creepy as fuck since the beginning yet she drank that mysterious water without a second thought. And people say Madoka was useless...

Anyways, quite lame episode this time. Not even my girl Kyouko could save it. Not really interested in this rumours plot-line and the story progression feels way too convenient at times.

As for Felicia, I'm already disliking her reckless attitude and how one-dimensional her character seems to be. I will still give her another chance tho since I had, more or less, the same impression with Kyouko's first introduction yet I ended up loving her.

Oh, so now we have a cult-like organization, uh?... Okay. To be honest, their introduction was kinda random but well. Now let's see if this "Wings of Magius" group might be involved in the whole issue regarding the Witches gathering.
Jul 22, 2020 11:15 AM
Aug 2015
SouthRzVa said:
Uhh... are we sure Iroha is an actual Mahou Shoujo? Because that must be the most stupid and laziest way to fall into a Witch/Familiar's trap I have ever seen. I mean, the whole atmosphere was creepy as fuck since the beginning yet she drank that mysterious water without a second thought. And people say Madoka was useless...

Sep 9, 2020 1:07 PM

May 2018
And now Iroha and Yachiyo are best friends lol

well rip Felicia, also Kyoko is finally here :3
Sep 27, 2021 7:26 AM

Jan 2017
Come on Iroha, you stepped into a very shady-looking place that pitches you their "holy water" and you didn't question anything about it?

Felicia's introduction was ok, she's kinda similar to Kyouko I suppose. Shame she got tempted by the cult in the end
Oct 3, 2022 2:57 PM
Aug 2021
Awsom. Already lovingit more than the original story. Now just gonna add this lat part because MAL toldd me that it needs more wooooorrrdds....
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Magia Record: Mahou Shoujo Madoka☆Magica Gaiden (TV) Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 4, 2020

237 by Biisoo »»
Apr 17, 11:00 AM

» Is this necessary to watch?

theanimeviber - Feb 4

14 by kensu31 »»
Feb 11, 9:36 PM

Poll: » Magia Record: Mahou Shoujo Madoka☆Magica Gaiden (TV) Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2020

108 by Hilel1982014h »»
Jan 16, 7:42 AM

Poll: » Magia Record: Mahou Shoujo Madoka☆Magica Gaiden (TV) Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2020

257 by Fafette »»
Oct 23, 2023 4:19 AM

» This is quite funny

official_brown - Jun 10, 2022

16 by jedman »»
Jul 5, 2023 3:05 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.