Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Feb 8, 2020 5:28 AM

Jul 2012
Askaa said:
ssjokg said:
It is canon in his heart. Not sure if I can say the same for those that are in charge of the script. Maybe Kongo's friends are clones that never fought in Silent Party. Or sliders from another phase.

is Silent Party arc important ? because i skip it should i watched it ?

No and no ... Just a big filler to end up 2nd season.
Feb 8, 2020 5:50 AM

Nov 2019
Devil_Slayer said:
Tsumilk said:
Decent episode. We're getting closer and closer to the climax. I can't wait !

Wat climax? We are still light years away from it my dude.

If they keep this pacing we will need another 12-13 episodes.
I just meant we are an episode closer to the arc being awesome, guys. I could say that to any episode. Chill out 😓

Edit :But you pointed something interesting. The pacing of the Daihasei Festival is actually normal. Dream Ranker might be the one who will suffer from fast pacing and possible rush.
TsumilkFeb 8, 2020 6:20 AM
Feb 8, 2020 5:54 AM

Aug 2009
Askaa said:
ssjokg said:
It is canon in his heart. Not sure if I can say the same for those that are in charge of the script. Maybe Kongo's friends are clones that never fought in Silent Party. Or sliders from another phase.

As an anime only filler arc it ruins every single character that appears in it. So you are good.
Feb 8, 2020 7:22 AM

Jul 2014
Askaa said:
ssjokg said:

It's pretty fun arc IMO.

I say give it a shot.
Feb 8, 2020 10:49 AM

May 2015
Damn, not Kongo san you monster.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Feb 8, 2020 7:13 PM
Mar 2008
Nice to see some powers from other characters. Hope they will be a part of more fights to come. Need more powerful people with Misaka for some exciting action.
Feb 8, 2020 8:04 PM
Apr 2019
Lol. Misaka not being able to escape and then bonding over Gekota was pretty funny. Kongo san had a pretty important role in this ep. It was kinda impressive how she managed to think completely logically and straight-forwardly despite her cocky exterior. The characters in this franchise are pretty well thought out.
Feb 8, 2020 9:07 PM
Jun 2017
Never paid much attention to Kongou before but MAN, she is such a Badass And a good person. I can't stop liking her now and want more of her..
Feb 8, 2020 9:32 PM

Nov 2017
- fripSide vocalist going to rages on (seiyu jokes)
Now Loading.....
Feb 9, 2020 12:01 AM

Dec 2014
hmmm the brutally increases...hmmm... kongo you go girl
Feb 9, 2020 3:42 AM

Jul 2009
Kongou's time to shine!
Feb 9, 2020 4:23 AM
Apr 2019
Railgun can't leave behind its dark and cruel side coming from its main series U_U

that's the big problem of this anime

"The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Feb 9, 2020 4:32 AM

Nov 2019
Rosary_Diva said:
Railgun can't leave behind its dark and cruel side coming from its main series U_U

It is literally the purpose of Railgun and any Index side stories. Showing the Dark Side of Academy City.
Feb 9, 2020 4:36 AM

Aug 2009
Rosary_Diva said:

The only problem this anime has is fans like this.

Feb 9, 2020 5:14 AM
Apr 2019
Tsumilk said:
Rosary_Diva said:

It is literally the purpose of Railgun and any Index side stories. Showing the Dark Side of Academy City.

Tsumilk said:
Rosary_Diva said:

I'm not interested

"The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Feb 9, 2020 5:57 AM

Mar 2010
Fuck you Baba.

Hell yeah, Kongou. I always liked her but she never had chance to shine.
Blasting the robots with no fucks given about the damage cuz she can pay it makes me laugh.
Feb 9, 2020 6:39 AM

Apr 2013
haha Misaka finally finds someone as devoted to gekota as herself.
Maaya and Kinuho better use their anger and get appropriate retribution for Kongou, unfortunately since these girls are too light-hearted he'll get away to easily, he'd deserve to be slaughthered in a simliar fashion like hound dog
just because I’ve gotten weaker, doesn’t mean that you got stronger, does it?
Feb 9, 2020 8:49 AM

Sep 2009
The only thing bad about this series (all 3 really) is the fact that they introduced Kongo way too early. She had a whole introduction arc in the manga that was set after the sisters arc and before the sport festival which developed her friendship with the rest of the cast. Because they introduced her too early we won't get that arc (well maybe a flashback in her fight later).
Feb 9, 2020 8:56 AM

Aug 2009
komic said:
The only thing bad about this series (all 3 really) is the fact that they introduced Kongo way too early. She had a whole introduction arc in the manga that was set after the sisters arc and before the sport festival which developed her friendship with the rest of the cast. Because they introduced her too early we won't get that arc (well maybe a flashback in her fight later).
They have already contradicted her anime character like 3 times so far.
There must be a limit on how much they can screw around.

Feb 9, 2020 11:10 AM

May 2011
the quality of these animation is top notch, the bgm where kongo's friend rages kicked in just perfectly matching with the swirling river sent chill down my spines.

now i know where did all the budget from index 3 ends up at lel

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Feb 9, 2020 12:40 PM

Dec 2018
Kongou enduring violence for defending a cat >>>> Touma enduring a thousands tortures of a godess, just because
Feb 9, 2020 7:22 PM

May 2012
Fede_5000 said:
Kongou enduring violence for defending a cat >>>> Touma enduring a thousands tortures of a godess, just because

Kongou has the advantage of not being obnoxious as hell to the point of detracting from the entire franchise. (Seriously if I'd have started with Index rather than Railgun I would've dropped it almost immediately.)
Feb 10, 2020 2:53 AM

Aug 2009
Fede_5000 said:

You mean in order to return to his world.

Wow..
Alice3173 said:
Fede_5000 said:

Kongou has the advantage of not being obnoxious as hell to the point of detracting from the entire franchise. (Seriously if I'd have started with Index rather than Railgun I would've dropped it almost immediately.)

You realize that Kongou in ths incident just like Touma is just as obnoxious and throws herself into other people's problems for "no reason" right?

But I guess if she is cute it doesnt matter.
Feb 10, 2020 7:53 AM

Nov 2013
as someone who only watched Railgun, i have to say, Kongou is really going up in my consideration =D she is fun, very strong, quite pretty and is... possibly the most helpful person in the world lol
i'm sure that before this season ends, she might be ranked 3rd on toaru for me, just behind of Misaka and Kuroko and ahead of Saten, Uiharu, Touma and other popular characters
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Feb 10, 2020 7:55 AM

May 2012
Alice3173 said:
Fede_5000 said:

You realize that Kongou in ths incident just like Touma is just as obnoxious and throws herself into other people's problems for "no reason" right?

But I guess if she is cute it doesnt matter.[/quote]
You're making assumptions about why I find Touma so obnoxious. Unlike Kongou who seemed at first like she'd be unlikable then turned out to actually be quite a good character, Touma is a self-righteous asshat and not particularly intelligent. On top of that all the stupid fan service garbage he encounters only makes him that much worse of a character. It has nothing to do with helping people out with their problems.
Feb 10, 2020 8:35 AM

Nov 2019
Alice3173 said:
You're making assumptions about why I find Touma so obnoxious. Unlike Kongou who seemed at first like she'd be unlikable then turned out to actually be quite a good character, Touma is a self-righteous asshat and not particularly intelligent. On top of that all the stupid fan service garbage he encounters only makes him that much worse of a character. It has nothing to do with helping people out with their problems.

"Not particulary intelligent" lmaoo. The existence itself of Kamijou Touma is defined about how he acts about the world around him not about if he is smart. He is a fight genius that is already a good thing honestly.

You can dislike him it is totally okay. But your arguments are not top-notch. If I listen to you Kongo turns into a good character because she puts herself in danger and does what she can for helping someone, like who ? :/
TsumilkFeb 10, 2020 8:43 AM
Feb 10, 2020 9:11 AM

May 2012
Tsumilk said:
Alice3173 said:

"Not particulary intelligent" lmaoo. The existence itself of Kamijou Touma is defined about how he acts about the world around him not about if he is smart. He is a fight genius that is already a good thing honestly.

You can dislike him it is totally okay. But your arguments are not top-notch. If I listen to you Kongo turns into a good character because she puts herself in danger and does what she can for helping someone, like who ? :/

You're glossing over the more important detail of him being a self-righteous asshat. Try addressing all of a person's points instead of only the weakest one next time. (And the most irrelevant one at that. If it weren't for the other issues with Touma as a character, him being dumb would be passable. There's plenty of dumb characters out there that are fine but they aren't so unlikable to begin with.)
Feb 10, 2020 9:26 AM

Nov 2019
Alice3173 said:
Tsumilk said:

You're glossing over the more important detail of him being a self-righteous asshat. Try addressing all of a person's points instead of only the weakest one next time. (And the most irrelevant one at that. If it weren't for the other issues with Touma as a character, him being dumb would be passable. There's plenty of dumb characters out there that are fine but they aren't so unlikable to begin with.)
He is effectively self-righteous but I would never think it is a defect. Most of his speechs have the purpose to lead people to the right way and he is most of the time not wrong at all. And in the novel his speechs are also a way for him to gain some time to analyze his opponents and it is a way to give him courage because himself do not really believe what he is saying.

The Touma before the memory loss was acting kind of a ass sometimes but I don't think you are refering to him on saying he is an "asshat". I hightly disagree with you but it is your opinion I guess. ^^
Feb 10, 2020 9:39 AM

Apr 2017
Just as expected, Misaka is trying to run away. So while she is trying to get away, the focus is shifted on the characters around her. This time we got to see Kongou trying to help her. Even though this has never been clearly said due to the fact that Kuroko doesn't like her, it seems to me that Misaka and Kongou actually are friends to some degree. And so it is not that surprising, that she wants to help her. So she sets out, to defeat the bad guys. But I didn't expect her to loose, as she is generally a strong esper. But with her friends, who are always by her side, showing up and then the episode ending so abruptly, I'm looking forward to find out, where this will bring is in the next episode.

Apart from that I'm also curious to find out, when the other characters forgetting about Misaka will be broken. It seems to just be a matter of time and although it would be interesting to see the characters having to start again from nothing, I'm sure this is just temporary and will be resolved in the near future. But I have to admit, just seeing something to remember a friendship seems a bit wrong to me as Shokuhou is a level 5, seeing her ability beeing broken that easily would be somewhat boring. Well, nothing beats watching the next episode and finding out, right?
Feb 10, 2020 9:51 AM

May 2012
Tsumilk said:
Alice3173 said:

He is effectively self-righteous but I would never think it is a defect. Most of his speechs have the purpose to lead people to the right way and he is most of the time not wrong at all. And in the novel his speechs are also a way for him to gain some time to analyze his opponents and it is a way to give him courage because himself do not really believe what he is saying.

The Touma before the memory loss was acting kind of a ass sometimes but I don't think you are refering to him on saying he is an "asshat". I hightly disagree with you but it is your opinion I guess. ^^

I can't speak for the novels since I haven't seen them. I dislike self-righteous people in general though, at least when they come across the way Touma tends to. I will agree that he seems to be less annoying after his memory loss at least though.

To try and put the comparison between Touma and Kongou into perspective though: Touma ended up being more or less exactly the sort of character he seemed to be at first which is one of my least favorite by far. (Generic self-righteous self-insert characters.) Kongou on the other hand seemed like she was a haughty ojousama archetype but while she does have an attitude and way of speaking which would suggest that, her actions constantly defy those expectations which makes her a much more likable and compelling character.
Feb 10, 2020 1:31 PM

Aug 2009
Alice3173 said:
Tsumilk said:

I can't speak for the novels since I haven't seen them. I dislike self-righteous people in general though, at least when they come across the way Touma tends to. I will agree that he seems to be less annoying after his memory loss at least though.

To try and put the comparison between Touma and Kongou into perspective though: Touma ended up being more or less exactly the sort of character he seemed to be at first which is one of my least favorite by far. (Generic self-righteous self-insert characters.) Kongou on the other hand seemed like she was a haughty ojousama archetype but while she does have an attitude and way of speaking which would suggest that, her actions constantly defy those expectations which makes her a much more likable and compelling character.

This doesnt make any sense. Kongou got herself into trouble for the same self righteous feelings Touma has that get him into trouble. She is an ojousama and he is a sarcastic asshole.

There is no fucking difference. You can just say that you dislike him because he is a male character taht you think is a self insert(because for some fucking reason female characters like Misaka are never self insert;power fantasy doesnt exist for women/s)and that would be the end of it.

When you have Misaka AND Kongou being just as self righteous and with also problematic personalities there is no fucking reason to dislike Touma based on that.

How dare a main character try and help people in danger. How dare they fire railguns that can sink warships at everyday robbers.Oh wait that is Misaka doing whatever she wants because she cant hold back and intervene even if there are other people around to that job.

The bias is strong here.

As for him not being intelligent. Geez it's like you didnt watch the series where he beats everyone literally be exploiting their weaknesses.

ssjokgFeb 10, 2020 10:33 PM
Feb 10, 2020 4:00 PM

Mar 2015
Bit of a cliffhanger and it really makes me want to see what happens next week! Maybe submerged that guy in a column of water until he passes out and then haul his sorry carcass back to Anti-Skill.
The sword that takes life gives life
Feb 10, 2020 10:34 PM

Aug 2009
Top_Sergeant said:
Bit of a cliffhanger and it really makes me want to see what happens next week! Maybe submerged that guy in a column of water until he passes out and then haul his sorry carcass back to Anti-Skill.

Well...if only Battle Royale was properly adapted.
Feb 11, 2020 10:56 AM

Feb 2010
Rosary_Diva said:

manga was litterally just this dark side of academy city. most the funny fan-service moments from season 1 and the 2nd half of season 2 were FILLER

Alice3173 said:
Tsumilk said:

I can't speak for the novels since I haven't seen them. I dislike self-righteous people in general though,

then your a hypocrite because misaka is much more self righteous then touma ever has been.

touma actual acknowledges that what hes doing is out of his own selfishness.
which is more than can be said for much of misaka's actions. hell she even
GrimAtramentFeb 11, 2020 11:03 AM
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Feb 11, 2020 1:25 PM

May 2012
hazarddex said:
Alice3173 said:

I can't speak for the novels since I haven't seen them. I dislike self-righteous people in general though,

then your a hypocrite because misaka is much more self righteous then touma ever has been.

touma actual acknowledges that what hes doing is out of his own selfishness.
which is more than can be said for much of misaka's actions. hell she even

I guess it's a good thing for me that I never once mentioned Misaka then?
Feb 11, 2020 1:46 PM

Feb 2010
Rosary_Diva said:
Tsumilk said:

Tsumilk said:

I'm not interested

then frankly

because as everyone has pointed out the director and staff said this season would only adapt the canon material for this season not the. filler beach/slice of life nonsense that plagued the first season. and the 2nd half of the 2nd season.

Top_Sergeant said:

going to have to read the index novel if you want to see him get his just deserts. they completely skipped over what happened to him in the season 3 of index.
GrimAtramentFeb 11, 2020 1:50 PM
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Feb 11, 2020 6:00 PM

Jun 2010
sigh why must they always have cringe villains
Feb 11, 2020 9:03 PM

Aug 2009
Feb 12, 2020 2:25 AM

Jun 2010
ssjokg said:
They dont.

Dont confuse villains with goons.

lol... what an odd approach to defending the cringe
Feb 12, 2020 2:51 AM

Aug 2009
LuciferIAm said:
ssjokg said:
They dont.

You mean there exist series where no random antagonist isnt cringy?

Feb 12, 2020 6:33 AM

Aug 2017
I feel bad Kongou, she just wanted to help but ended up being beaten.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Feb 12, 2020 3:14 PM

Feb 2010
LuciferIAm said:
ssjokg said:
They dont.

but this dude is basically a mook so goon is more appropriate. hes basicly cannon fodder compared to the true villains of academy city.
like the kehara's
Fede_5000 said:

first that's a spoiler

secondly.

Feb 15, 2020 8:01 AM

Nov 2016
Honestly never really paid attention to Kongo nor did I care about her in particular aside from some amusing moments here and there, but this episode might've changed it. Definitely left a strong impression on me.

Ending got me so pumped, hope they fuck that bastard up.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Feb 17, 2020 5:10 AM

Mar 2010
Well.. shit. Gotta apologize to Misaki here because she's actually the one who saved the Sisters instead of kidnapping her. On top of that, she actually brainwash Misaka's friend to not drag them into this. ;_;
Feb 22, 2020 3:47 PM

Jun 2019
That cliffhanger was HYPE music was perfect
♪ Kono Oto Tomare! ♪

Feb 22, 2020 6:28 PM

Oct 2014
I was honestly a little bit disappointed with Index 3, so I've only just started this... But... It's everything I wanted. I'm really enjoying it so far, I really hope it keeps it up.
Feb 22, 2020 7:18 PM

Dec 2013
Kongou really impressed me in this episode. She's a lot more clever than I gave her credit for.

The ending got me hyped which is impressive considering I didn't care much for these two side characters until now.
Feb 23, 2020 6:14 PM

Jan 2008
Now I need spoilers from novel readers. Somebody, please tell me if this Baba fatshit gets killed or not.
Feb 24, 2020 1:23 AM

Aug 2009
4kicks said:
Now I need spoilers from novel readers. Somebody, please tell me if this Baba fatshit gets killed or not.

Feb 28, 2020 6:02 AM

Oct 2017
Yep as always this series knows how to make us extremely angry at villains. It's only epi 5 and I'm already pissed af at those trash scums.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun T Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 10, 2020

127 by cebrayillia »»
Mar 15, 4:22 PM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun T Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 17, 2020

105 by cebrayillia »»
Mar 15, 4:03 PM

» Season 4?

removed-user - Jan 20, 2022

10 by waalex11 »»
Mar 13, 3:25 AM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun T Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 4, 2020

56 by Karva1 »»
Mar 4, 5:17 PM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun T Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Aversa - Aug 7, 2020

54 by Karva1 »»
Mar 4, 3:08 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.