Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Feb 7, 2020 5:21 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Lol, Misaka seems to actually miss Kuroko's overly affection towards her. Even during this tense investigation, I find it amusing that she had time to help a kid with getting her balloon.

Glad to see more of Kougo this episode as she is one of the few people Misaka can trust right now. Kougo meets some trouble herself dealing with the dark side of Academy City. She's pretty badass though if you ask me.
Feb 7, 2020 5:45 AM

Nov 2007
Main girl's race partner spoke to them and felt weird for not being excited. She can only relied on her who still remembers her.

It seems like one of the members is also that frog character's fan.

The partner is trying her best to find out by herself. Then meeting the cat. Meeting enemy and she also suspected a bit. Even though she fought well, she got the poison, too. Her friends, w. one of main girl's friend from Judgement, who happened to see her walked away with suspicious man w. dead eyes, came to the rescue.
tsubasaloverFeb 7, 2020 5:49 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Feb 7, 2020 6:10 AM

Apr 2010
Kongou put up a good fight but against those underhanded tactics she was up against she made a mistake.
She deserves praise for protecting the cat.

That guy deserves to rot in hell for his behaviour tho treating someone like that, kicking someone on the ground as well.
A really low individual.

Misaka trying to get away was funny but it didn't work.
Hopefully she finds a way.
Feb 7, 2020 6:44 AM

Jul 2012
Really one of my favorite moments in this arc. Mikoto was so happy when Kongou-san offered her help and it was her time to shine. Also Kongou-san has really good perception as she is pretty much the only one to pinpoint the difference between Mikoto and Sister. Now it's up to Wannai-san and Awatsuki-san!

Was waiting for Hokaze to approach Mikoto ... Gekota and Pyonko =/ That was very tempting offer. Those girls behind ...

allenjkeFeb 7, 2020 6:54 AM
Feb 7, 2020 9:34 AM

Sep 2018
Kongou-san is such a great friend its so sad how she ended up at the end of this episode....

Cant wait for next week episode so Wannai-san and Awatsuki-san can teach that prick a lesson.......
well that's just my opinion.....
Feb 7, 2020 9:49 AM

Aug 2013
Kongou is the MVP. Go girl!

And that guy that attacked and beat her up, they need to end his life.

Misaka's attempt to get away from Shokuhou's group was funny.

Feb 7, 2020 9:57 AM

Mar 2019
I feel like this season is about to peak, good think kitty was unharmed.. I too was about to jump in!
Feb 7, 2020 10:17 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Now it's getting really damn good, Kongo is life! She's lovable, espcially in this episode protecting what's dear to Misaka.

That cliffhanger was nuts!
Feb 7, 2020 10:48 AM

Mar 2016
God damn, when that OST kicked in at the end, I got big chills. This is a side of Kongo, a side character I took for granted the entire series, that I honestly didn't expect and I'm glad she got that spotlight.
Feb 7, 2020 10:49 AM
Apr 2019
Kongou has her time to shine but gets cut short due to dirty tactics and the villain having background research on her. Mikoto still trying to escape Misaki's group while trying to not draw attention and from the looks of it, even without memory, Kuroko and Kongou's friends getting involved too, especially with the hint of lingering memories (Saten especially). Basically, seems like the stakes are rising and the bigger events are just on the horizon. Really enjoying it so far and excited to see what happens next
Feb 7, 2020 11:02 AM

Nov 2019
Decent episode. We're getting closer and closer to the climax. I can't wait !
Feb 7, 2020 11:08 AM

Mar 2016
A_Lena said:
Kongou has her time to shine but gets cut short due to dirty tactics and the villain having background research on her. Mikoto still trying to escape Misaki's group while trying to not draw attention and from the looks of it, even without memory, Kuroko and Kongou's friends getting involved too, especially with the hint of lingering memories (Saten especially). Basically, seems like the stakes are rising and the bigger events are just on the horizon. Really enjoying it so far and excited to see what happens next

I really like how the conflict was essentially piecing itself together with Saten getting onto something, Misaka trying to figure out what to do in her current situation, Misaki overlooking the Misaka clone in an ominous tone, and ofc Kongo of all people getting involved.

Only qualms I have were some parts being skipped like the racing part.
Feb 7, 2020 12:06 PM

May 2019
another awesome episode

and they played one of my favorite ost in the end of the episode
”A fight isn't won once a victor is decided, it's won when someone loses.” – Izayoi Sakamaki

I don’t even know the real names of the two… no, three that I killed back then. I just closed my eyes, put my hands over my ears and tried to forget it all.” – Kirito

MY ANIME LIST
Feb 7, 2020 12:15 PM
Nov 2016
Great episode. The end was epic.
Feb 7, 2020 12:19 PM

Aug 2009
Great ep but it seems Nagai cant decide if the Silent Party arc happened or not.

Feb 7, 2020 12:41 PM

Sep 2018
The narrative remains very engaging, despite the fact that it takes time to advance the plot, otherwise certain situations would have moved faster, oh well! Good performance that of Kongou, The "whodunnit" expressed by her character, has made her stand out a lot in this episode. From today on, I will call her Sherlock "Kongou" Holmes. The part about Gekota and Pyonko was a lot of fun.
Feb 7, 2020 12:42 PM

Nov 2019
ssjokg said:
Great ep but it seems Nagai cant decide if the Silent Party arc happened or not.

Yeah, right ? Still don't know if it is canon or not.
Feb 7, 2020 12:45 PM

Jan 2008
It's quite astonishing how much more enjoying these past couple episodes have been over the entire Index III and Accelerator anime.

Kongou wasn't really someone I cared about but this episode is really bringing out her character in a good way. Originally, to me, she was just another forgettable oh-hoho laughing ojou-sama, but with this episode, I can at least say I hope to see more of her in future episodes.
Feb 7, 2020 12:50 PM

Aug 2009
Tsumilk said:
ssjokg said:

It is canon in his heart. Not sure if I can say the same for those that are in charge of the script. Maybe Kongo's friends are clones that never fought in Silent Party. Or sliders from another phase.
Feb 7, 2020 1:07 PM

Feb 2019
5 weeks in, still haven't got a chance to get to the earlier toaru stuff/LN's, having no issues enjoying Railgun T though. Love the characters, banter, world, premise, drama, art/animation, all top notch for me. I'm sure once I get more context with the earlier seasons I'll enjoy it even more, but for now, I'm enjoying the ride.

This episode was really great, that final sequence def gave me goosebumps with kongo being stomped out and then rescued, the water building up, shit that was dope.
Feb 7, 2020 1:16 PM

Jun 2017
It's time for Kongou and other casts of railgun to shine. Looks like Kuroko, Saten, and Uiharu getting Misaka removed from their memory wasn't so bad after all.
Feb 7, 2020 1:36 PM

Feb 2011
I want to see that fat guy get blasted with a railgun at the end of next episode
total obliteration

if only...

Feb 7, 2020 1:51 PM
Jan 2016
I'm really loving the developement of Kongou in this arc, the fight was cool, hope there will be many others
Feb 7, 2020 2:22 PM

Feb 2014
Kongo truly is the MVP of this episode. She's fully willing to help Misaka find her "sister" and her commitment really shows here. Even though she got caught out by the fat bastard's trap, she held her own against him extremely well. She only lost out hanks to him making an underhanded move to bait her out by going after the kitten.

Although Kongo got bit by the mecha mosquito, she still does her best to get her message across. Sadly the fat bastard ends up kicking the crap out of her while whinging in denial. This same scene in the manga had me grimacing when Kongo got hurt badly and it's the same with the anime version, too.

Luckily, Saten, Wannai and Awatsuki show up and save Kongo from any further harm. The next episode will finally give Wannai and Awatsuki the fighting scenes that these two girls deserve. Looking forward to it. =D
Feb 7, 2020 2:29 PM

Oct 2010
I liked Kongo in the previous seasons, but she didn't really stand out except her laugh. This episode made her skyrocket in my tier of favourite characters of all time. Everything she does this episode made her really shine as likable character.

Also it's great to see a 'villain' without powers for a change. The kicking scene was brutal.. The past 5 episodes were so much better than Index III, good job J.C. Staff.

For a sec I thought Touma was going to interfere, because I thought it was him in this scene.

I'm glad I was wrong and the other friends of Kongo showed up, altho I had to look up what their esper abilities were because I forgot.
Feb 7, 2020 2:45 PM

Apr 2015
So far I like the direction this is going. It's interesting that Kongou is the one person now that knows about the Sisters and Misaka's issues. Like not even Kuroko, Saten or Uiharu know about this. Great to see she has people to turn to after Misaka's friends memories got wiped.

Great development on Kongou this episode! That final scene was a bit hard to watch, but when that soundtrack kicked in with Kongou's friends, Wannai and Awatsuki arriving the scene is just hype! Can't wait for next week!
Feb 7, 2020 3:51 PM

Aug 2016
Paul said:
Kongou wasn't really someone I cared about but this episode is really bringing out her character in a good way. Originally, to me, she was just another forgettable oh-hoho laughing ojou-sama, but with this episode, I can at least say I hope to see more of her in future episodes.

Kongou has an interesting and unusual character, she acts all high-smug-and-mighty but is, at the very same time and without any contradiction, always very friendly and helpful. You may notice how respectfully she treats her "underlings" in comparison to Shokuho. That combination of haughtiness + liveliness + amicability makes her one of a kind ojou-sama =) .
NazgFeb 7, 2020 3:54 PM
Feb 7, 2020 4:49 PM

Jul 2012
That fat guy is trash.

Also, I agree with above comment and the quote! I am really liking Kongou's character :) She's strong and loyal.
Feb 7, 2020 4:53 PM

Jun 2015
Kongou defo stepped up this episode after being played off a little as a bit arrogant earlier in the story. Really liking how this series is playing out and story so far.
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Feb 7, 2020 7:26 PM

Aug 2011
ANother great episode. Kongou gets her chance to shine this episode, and next episode it is the other girls turn.

Ryuseishun said:
God damn, when that OST kicked in at the end, I got big chills. This is a side of Kongo, a side character I took for granted the entire series, that I honestly didn't expect and I'm glad she got that spotlight.

To be fair, she started out as not even a side character, but a one-off character who showed up in the prologue of Volume 8 of the Index light novels. From there she got a second chance in Railgun season 1, which let to her being introduced in the Railgun manga proper by the author Kazuma Kamachi. Now here we are with Kongou now being a stable Railgun character.
Feb 7, 2020 7:29 PM

Mar 2015
Kongou's kongous are pretty big.

I have to say that I had to pause when the guy turned his gaze towards the cat, I knew what was going to happen and it happened, in the advance of the next episode Wannai and Awatsuki don't seem to be that strong but the guy isn't neither, not sure what to expect. lol
Feb 7, 2020 7:32 PM

Jul 2017
DELETE THE UGLY BASTARD. Seriously tho, i hope that the guy gets put in his place in the next episode. Those final scenes made me want to break something over here. Oh boy this is getting freaking cool!

This episode is all on Kongou. I already liked her before, but like some people have said already, she didn't stand out, and now look what we got here! Side characters also being relevant and having the chance to shine as well, i love that. Well done Railgun T, so far it has been a blast and only 5 eps are out atm. I'm expecting another fantastic season overall, can't wait for the next episode as always!
Feb 7, 2020 9:01 PM
Oct 2019
Tsumilk said:

Well, technically we are still not close to that climax yet
Feb 8, 2020 1:12 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Damn, I love where this is going! Seeing Misaka immobilized like that does sadden me a bit though but I can't wait to see how she'll break the shackles and go for investigation mode herself.

Mad respect to Kongou-san by the way, she's been a real delight to watch this season and this episode just topped it. Dat fat pig calling her a "human debris" was so bloody infuriating, it's going to be a long week waiting for that deserved arse-whooping! Jeez, the final sequence with the two raging was awesome though! Good thing the kitty is safe for now.

Interesting monologue and impressive investigation skills from Kongou-san prior to that, I didn't know she'd it in her but good to see nonetheless. Looks like she nailed on the third party influence for now.

Misaki in front of the bruised Misaka Clone like that definitely doesn't give a good vibe...

These 5 episodes have been excellent so far with the intricate buildup, and here's to hoping the following episodes will be just as great if not better!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Feb 8, 2020 3:04 AM

Oct 2008
i wanna see that scum bug for his life!
5/5.

Feb 8, 2020 4:23 AM

Aug 2018
Fuck fuck fuck
This startin to get spicy every ep its getting better and better!!! The animation still pretty consistent, gj J.C Staff.

This shitty fat just beat up a middle girl schooler like wtf dude, poor Kongo : (

I like how considerate she is to others even shes a ojou-sama and damn Kongo's ability is so powerful af.

im so amazed how they animated kongo's power holy moly

Can't wait for the next ep for a sweet revenge of Awatsuki and Wannai, this fatty will taste some real tokiwadai force.Also cant wait to see Wannai use her water power again its been awhile since the 2nd half of Railgun S.

Misaka so cute while talkin about gekota lol

5/5 episode!
SOP-IIFeb 8, 2020 4:27 AM
B O C C H I  S W E E P
Feb 8, 2020 4:39 AM
No.1 Nahida Simp

Jan 2017
I don't really care about Kongou before but after watching this episode, I really appreciate her now. She's a hero and a real best friend.
Feb 8, 2020 4:56 AM

Jun 2016
after waited for 3 years for this season 3 and now never disapointed !!

To Aru Railgun is the best from To Aru Series !!!
Feb 8, 2020 4:59 AM

Jul 2014
Tsumilk said:

Wat climax? We are still light years away from it my dude.

If they keep this pacing we will need another 12-13 episodes.
Feb 8, 2020 5:18 AM

May 2019
ssjokg said:
Tsumilk said:
It is canon in his heart. Not sure if I can say the same for those that are in charge of the script. Maybe Kongo's friends are clones that never fought in Silent Party. Or sliders from another phase.

is Silent Party arc important ? because i skip it should i watched it ?
”A fight isn't won once a victor is decided, it's won when someone loses.” – Izayoi Sakamaki

I don’t even know the real names of the two… no, three that I killed back then. I just closed my eyes, put my hands over my ears and tried to forget it all.” – Kirito

MY ANIME LIST
Feb 8, 2020 5:28 AM

Jul 2012
Askaa said:
ssjokg said:

No and no ... Just a big filler to end up 2nd season.
Feb 8, 2020 5:50 AM

Nov 2019
Devil_Slayer said:
Tsumilk said:

Wat climax? We are still light years away from it my dude.

If they keep this pacing we will need another 12-13 episodes.
I just meant we are an episode closer to the arc being awesome, guys. I could say that to any episode. Chill out 😓

Edit :But you pointed something interesting. The pacing of the Daihasei Festival is actually normal. Dream Ranker might be the one who will suffer from fast pacing and possible rush.
TsumilkFeb 8, 2020 6:20 AM
Feb 8, 2020 5:54 AM

Aug 2009
Askaa said:
ssjokg said:

As an anime only filler arc it ruins every single character that appears in it. So you are good.
Feb 8, 2020 7:22 AM

Jul 2014
Askaa said:
ssjokg said:

It's pretty fun arc IMO.

I say give it a shot.
Feb 8, 2020 10:49 AM

May 2015
Damn, not Kongo san you monster.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Feb 8, 2020 7:13 PM
Mar 2008
Nice to see some powers from other characters. Hope they will be a part of more fights to come. Need more powerful people with Misaka for some exciting action.
Feb 8, 2020 8:04 PM
Apr 2019
Lol. Misaka not being able to escape and then bonding over Gekota was pretty funny. Kongo san had a pretty important role in this ep. It was kinda impressive how she managed to think completely logically and straight-forwardly despite her cocky exterior. The characters in this franchise are pretty well thought out.
Feb 8, 2020 9:07 PM
Jun 2017
Never paid much attention to Kongou before but MAN, she is such a Badass And a good person. I can't stop liking her now and want more of her..
Feb 8, 2020 9:32 PM

Nov 2017
- fripSide vocalist going to rages on (seiyu jokes)
Now Loading.....
Feb 9, 2020 12:01 AM

Dec 2014
hmmm the brutally increases...hmmm... kongo you go girl
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun T Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 10, 2020

127 by cebrayillia »»
Mar 15, 4:22 PM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun T Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 17, 2020

105 by cebrayillia »»
Mar 15, 4:03 PM

» Season 4?

removed-user - Jan 20, 2022

10 by waalex11 »»
Mar 13, 3:25 AM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun T Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 4, 2020

56 by Karva1 »»
Mar 4, 5:17 PM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun T Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Aversa - Aug 7, 2020

54 by Karva1 »»
Mar 4, 3:08 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.