Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (17) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Feb 5, 2020 2:55 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Sury said:
HaXXspetten said:
I mean seriously it has more percentage 10s than FMA:B or Steins;Gate now. Statistically speaking it likely will challenge for the #1 spot as soon as the ranking updates lol

Yeah, and probably it'll cause a lot of backlash as well, lol.
Wonder how we'll be handling that over at MSP Club? I guess it'll get a marker or something, like we've been doing it with some other shows
I'm more curious about what'll happen in a couple weeks after the devs' new fix for combating trolls gets added because if this is really caused by Nux Taku basically initiating a shitpost riot through his followers then it's not really the same thing as Chihayafuru's incident which was just a million alts. I don't know how the devs have coded the solution (and we already know they won't reveal it for obvious reasons) so I'm just wondering how it'll affect this particular case because I reckon quite a lot of these upvotes are from actual legitimate accounts, but from people that haven't actually watched it but merely rated it because Nux told them to
Feb 5, 2020 2:59 PM

Sep 2017
White_Hollow said:
Even if i like this anime, it's not necessary to have an 8, this is probably the first ecchi anime to reach 8 score.

the Monogatari series have the ecchi tag and are rated above 8, but their ecchiness is nothing compared to IR's
Feb 5, 2020 3:03 PM

Sep 2011
White_Hollow said:
Even if i like this anime, it's not necessary to have an 8, this is probably the first ecchi anime to reach 8 score.

Pretty sure shows like Highschool DxD or TLR Darkness had an 8+ as well early while they were airing.
Feb 5, 2020 3:06 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Sury said:
White_Hollow said:

Pretty sure shows like Highschool DxD or TLR Darkness had an 8+ as well early while they were airing.
Shokugeki no Souma, No Game No Life, Kill la Kill, Nanatsu no Taizai, Golden Boy... there are a handful of others too
Feb 5, 2020 3:09 PM
Jan 2018
HaXXspetten said:
I reckon quite a lot of these upvotes are from actual legitimate accounts, but from people that haven't actually watched it but merely rated it because Nux told them to

don't worry those who have rated it without watching it will watch it for sure. it's close enough to lord nuxanor's content that they will all watch it. they managed to influence the auto result of porhub after he talked about a certain hentai so this will go down the same way most likely.
Feb 5, 2020 3:16 PM
Jul 2019
8.81, Oh my LORD, and I think it will become bigger!
Feb 5, 2020 3:28 PM
Feb 2020
@DHancock idoits it is not bots it is called influence nux convinced me to give interspecies 10 stars and i watched it before he ask me to rate it i was going to rate it ten because it os funny for meand why do think it is trolling if you rate ecchi good huh
Feb 5, 2020 3:30 PM

Sep 2011
HaXXspetten said:
Sury said:

Yeah, and probably it'll cause a lot of backlash as well, lol.
Wonder how we'll be handling that over at MSP Club? I guess it'll get a marker or something, like we've been doing it with some other shows
I'm more curious about what'll happen in a couple weeks after the devs' new fix for combating trolls gets added because if this is really caused by Nux Taku basically initiating a shitpost riot through his followers then it's not really the same thing as Chihayafuru's incident which was just a million alts. I don't know how the devs have coded the solution (and we already know they won't reveal it for obvious reasons) so I'm just wondering how it'll affect this particular case because I reckon quite a lot of these upvotes are from actual legitimate accounts, but from people that haven't actually watched it but merely rated it because Nux told them to

Yeah, I posted a bit more in-depth about that in the club. I guess the difficult thing will be how to judge legitimate accounts created just for voting for it. I also went through some of the comments of his channel and it cearly seems like quite a few people have created or already had extra accounts.

HaXXspetten said:
Sury said:

Shokugeki no Souma, No Game No Life, Kill la Kill, Nanatsu no Taizai, Golden Boy... there are a handful of others too

The ones of those I've seen honestly don't count as ecchi in my book, even though they're tagged as ecchi. Might be a thing based on where you're from though.
Feb 5, 2020 3:32 PM

Sep 2018
The horny has gotten the best of us all
Feb 5, 2020 3:32 PM

Sep 2017
oh sweet lord, it's at 8.81 now
Feb 5, 2020 3:34 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
I think that this showcases a couple of problems. Firstly that influencers on the internet have way too much power when it comes to public manipulation, and secondly that sometimes shitposts aren’t something you can just pass off as a joke. Like even when you’re upvoting an anime and trying to protest about it stupidly being taken down by Funimation etc, it’s still not helping at all. Long term the only thing that will happen here is that the show will sadly lose a lot of credibility on this site. You will generate a chain reaction where soon all the fans of the big shows at the top will react to this by downvoting it instead and suddenly no matter what the devs try to implement solution-wise, the majority of the shows’ votes are effectively illegitimate, one way or the other, and you can’t really reverse it anymore

Again I don’t know what exactly the upcoming fix will do in terms of how it’s coded but considering all the variables in play, it is difficult to imagine no damage will come from this in the long run
Feb 5, 2020 3:35 PM

Aug 2018
My prediction, its gonna pass FMAB as the number 1 on the site, and then a bunch of Fmab fans will downvote it to keep its place at no.1 kinda like chihayafuru and attack on titan, so the series will have a bunch of 1 stars and 10 stars with barely any real scores, so its gonna balance it out

As of now I'm just here to watch the world burn and enjoy it, as I'm writing this it has a score of 8.81 which puts it between cowboy bebop and made in abyss, which is quite a neighborhood to be in
Feb 5, 2020 3:36 PM
Dec 2015
Some people just love to see the world burn and people get butthurt, and i'm one of them!

On a more serious note, i really don't see what's wrong about this action. MAL score is a joke anyway, and unlike in Chihayafuru 3 case, there is no harm in this.
Dramatically lowering the score might be detrimental to the amount of people picking up the series, increasing it, will only make it more popular. And i don't see anything wrong about it, especially since it's genuinely good comedy series.
Feb 5, 2020 3:39 PM

Sep 2017
Watching the world burn while eating some grilled sausages : perfection
Feb 5, 2020 3:42 PM

Sep 2016
HaXXspetten said:
I think that this showcases a couple of problems. Firstly that influencers on the internet have way too much power when it comes to public manipulation, and secondly that sometimes shitposts aren’t something you can just pass off as a joke. Like even when you’re upvoting an anime and trying to protest about it stupidly being taken down by Funimation etc, it’s still not helping at all. Long term the only thing that will happen here is that the show will sadly lose a lot of credibility on this site. You will generate a chain reaction where soon all the fans of the big shows at the top will react to this by downvoting it instead and suddenly no matter what the devs try to implement solution-wise, the majority of the shows’ votes are effectively illegitimate, one way or the other, and you can’t really reverse it anymore

Again I don’t know what exactly the upcoming fix will do in terms of how it’s coded but considering all the variables in play, it is difficult to imagine no damage will come from this in the long run

Reminds me of the Pingu Situation that show is still somewhere around top 100
Feb 5, 2020 3:44 PM

Jul 2012
ooReiko said:
HaXXspetten said:

Reminds me of the Pingu Situation that show is still somewhere around top 100
pingu is actually a good anime, there's nothing wrong with its score o-o
Feb 5, 2020 3:49 PM
Feb 2014
DHancock said:
From the creators of "Let's make some bots to downgrade Chihayafuru 3 because it dared to face Vinland Saga" comes "Let's boost Ishuzoku Reviewers because Funimation dared to drop it". I think I'm getting used to create this kind of threads. I'll take the chance to ask @luna if there's any improvement or news about the supposed system to finish with fake accounts and mass rating trolling.

So you don't like it and you want the mods to ban accounts because your favourite show must be on the top? Probably there are tons of people that voted this show with a 10 only to spite funimation but this is probably one of the best ecchi shows ever made and it will leave a mark on this decade so deal with it.
Feb 5, 2020 3:50 PM

May 2015
I don't know what they think they're accomplishing by doing this. Like yeah, the idea of a super ecchi/borderline hentai show being #1 is funny, but I don't think they realize that this is just gonna make people hate the show and it's fanbase. It really wasn't getting much backlash before, but now I feel like that won't be the case anymore.

Feb 5, 2020 4:03 PM

Nov 2014
Wtf man the score of this should be at minimum a 10, people really don't appreciate the culture smh
Stop the meaningless talk
Feb 5, 2020 4:05 PM

Sep 2011
Some people seem to forget that the scores here should reflect your own opinion based on what you watched, and should not be based on what someone told or asked you to do.
Feb 5, 2020 4:08 PM

Jul 2012
Sury said:
Some people seem to forget that the scores here should reflect your own opinion based on what you watched, and should not be based on what someone told or asked you to do.
^

Pretty much people are only doing this for the lulz, most of the raters don't even have MAL in the first place so it's obvious they only made an account for one show. You guys probably have to watch out because your account will be marked as "troll" when Luna does a sweep.

TsukuyomiREKT said:
I don't know what they think they're accomplishing by doing this. Like yeah, the idea of a super ecchi/borderline hentai show being #1 is funny, but I don't think they realize that this is just gonna make people hate the show and it's fanbase. It really wasn't getting much backlash before, but now I feel like that won't be the case anymore.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure this will also cause people to rate it 1/10 intentionally to bring it down. It just doesn't sit well with MAL.

Aug 2018
tribopower said:
Wtf man the score of this should be at minimum a 10, people really don't appreciate the culture smh

Exactly!

White_Hollow said:

Who are you to say this anime shouldn't get an 8 or above? You and your narcissistic opinions
Sep 2016
HaXXspetten said:

it would be simpler if the possibility to vote is given only when a series is concluded and to make a separate category for the Currently Airing series.
Feb 5, 2020 4:13 PM

Aug 2018
So many new users coming to MAL because of a recommendation. MAL should be paying Nux for the advertisement.

Also, love how if the majority of people vote it a good show, the people here just whine about it. It's either their opinion or the highway fml
Feb 5, 2020 4:17 PM

Nov 2014
Zura1468 said:
tribopower said:

Exactly!

White_Hollow said:

Who are you to say this anime shouldn't get an 8 or above? You and your narcissistic opinions

This right here is a fellow gentleman of culture!
Stop the meaningless talk
Feb 5, 2020 4:21 PM
Jan 2018
HaXXspetten said:

i am legimetly curious by what you mean by credibility being lost and people who love this serie trying to downvote it. if the credibility point is an actual thing some people care about here i really have to ask why?

i don't really think everyone is doing this in protest to funimation's action (there isn't any demand) . at this point we are mostly just sending them a midle finger.

i also want to point out that you forgot about the classic saying: pubilcity is publicity no matter is it is bad. the show will only gain from this in my opinion.
Feb 5, 2020 4:24 PM
Aug 2017
Mayuka said:
Viltas said:

no, people actually do love it
they love it but do they think it's better than their faves (like fma, gintama, monster, vinland saga, bnha, aot)?

If it sticks its landing, then unironically yes. I will put it up there with all my other 10s. It has been fulfilling its niche masterfully so far.
Feb 5, 2020 4:26 PM
Nov 2018
Nux Taku Making MAL "IRRELEVANT" 🤣🤣🤣
ALL HAIL LORD NUXANOR
Feb 5, 2020 4:28 PM
Nov 2018
To all the people getting"OFFENDED"😕
Its just for the memes(HE ANNOYS A LOT OF PEOPLE) done by a legendary Anituber asking his followers to give 10/10 and make it a top 10 on MAL
Feb 5, 2020 4:31 PM
Jan 2018
sDiatog said:
To all the people getting"OFFENDED"😕
Its just for the memes(HE ANNOYS A LOT OF PEOPLE) done by a legendary Anituber asking his followers to give 10/10 and make it a top 10 on MAL

pretty sure they are anoyed about the meme honestly
Feb 5, 2020 4:38 PM
Feb 2009
ragdollomega said:
Mayuka said:
they love it but do they think it's better than their faves (like fma, gintama, monster, vinland saga, bnha, aot)?

If it sticks its landing, then unironically yes. I will put it up there with all my other 10s. It has been fulfilling its niche masterfully so far.

Exactly, also some of you must remember that creating a bot and registering and creating valid account must be distincted. Site is people whether old ass as me or new as nuxtakus.
Feb 5, 2020 4:42 PM

Aug 2015
Who is even this clown ? One of those youtube hardcore weebs or something ? Never heard of him and seeing his "followers" it's probably better I haven't.

Huh I even enjoy the anime, but this whole thing soured my mood towards it.

Mod Edit: Removed borderline baiting.
Fleeting_DreamFeb 7, 2020 2:28 PM
Feb 5, 2020 4:47 PM
Jan 2018
"Anymore"?
It was relevant at a certain point?

I'm glad that a good show is getting this treatment at least.
Feb 5, 2020 4:53 PM

May 2015
even after all the hype is gone I expect this to be around 8.5 like Pingu in the city
Feb 5, 2020 4:55 PM
May 2019
People here actually taking this seriously 😂. The rank system is already a joke.
Feb 5, 2020 4:56 PM

Aug 2018
BlueSkylark said:
Who is even this clown ? One of those youtube hardcore weebs or something ? Never heard of him and seeing his "followers" it's probably better I haven't. Thanks to him we can now deal with these degenerates.

If you're arent subscribed to Nux, I'd do it now! You're missing out my friend!
Feb 5, 2020 4:57 PM
May 2019
BlueSkylark said:
Who is even this clown ? One of those youtube hardcore weebs or something ? Never heard of him and seeing his "followers" it's probably better I haven't. Thanks to him we can now deal with these degenerates.

He's q popular troll on the internet, and is one of the biggest anime influencers on the internet with 1 million sudscribers and still going. He's doing this as a joke and to get reactions.
Feb 5, 2020 4:58 PM

Aug 2015
Zura1468 said:
BlueSkylark said:

Why should I subscribe to someone who's fans give of the impression of people I would never associate with ?
Feb 5, 2020 5:00 PM

Aug 2018
BlueSkylark said:
Zura1468 said:

Why should I subscribe to someone who's fans give of the impression of people I would never associate with ?

I'd say don't knock it until you try it. Also, I'm a fan, do you by any chance dislike me?
Feb 5, 2020 5:02 PM
Jan 2018
BlueSkylark said:

i was honestly curious to know how you could be so butt hurt about about someone advertising a good show while making a bit of a wave. so i looked up your profile and damn it really seems germans and humour don't go well together.

if you actually want to know lord nuxanor is just a profesional memester/flexer
Feb 5, 2020 5:05 PM

Aug 2015
Zura1468 said:
BlueSkylark said:

I'd say don't knock it until you try it. Also, I'm a fan, do you by any chance dislike me?

I would say I am indifferent towards you. If you take part in such a dumb "movement" I would say you have no standards. Also you are easily influenced by others.
Feb 5, 2020 5:06 PM

Aug 2018
ThePrettyRetard said:
BlueSkylark said:

i was honestly curious to know how you could be so butt hurt about about someone advertising a good show while making a bit of a wave. so i looked up your profile and damn it really seems germans and humour don't go well together.

Hey, I'm German and I love Lord Nux and a good joke
Feb 5, 2020 5:08 PM
Feb 2020
I did come from Nux but this isn't the first time I've been interested in MAL. This whole situation just spurred me onward to finally make an account and rate a show I genuinely find funny and relaxing.
Feb 5, 2020 5:09 PM
Jan 2018
Zura1468 said:
ThePrettyRetard said:

Hey, I'm German and I love Lord Nux and a good joke

you should probably do a dna test (just kidding the german having no humour is a joke in itself now and it proves itself every time a german is anoyed by it :P)
ThePrettyRetardFeb 5, 2020 5:13 PM
Feb 5, 2020 5:10 PM

Aug 2018
BlueSkylark said:
I would say you have no standards. Also you are easily influenced by others.

Even if I genuinely liked the show? Nux was only advertising the show because he liked it. I honestly think you should give Nux a try because he isn't the type of person you think he is.

I think you're a pretty cool person for being able to have a civil discussion without throwing insults everywhere :D
Feb 5, 2020 5:12 PM

Aug 2018
ThePrettyRetard said:
you should probably do a dna test (just kidding the german having no humour is a joke in itself now and it proves itself every time a german is anoyed by it :P)

Ha I see what you did there :p
Feb 5, 2020 5:12 PM

May 2015
I don't mind if this show got in the top 10 or even #1 for a bit considering how absurd this meme has become. Anyone with half a brain shouldn't take it seriously + weighted score will drop once this joke gets used up. I do hope that this doesn't become a frequent occurrence but I'm cool with this is particular case

Feb 5, 2020 5:14 PM

Aug 2018
ImbalancedEmblem said:
I don't mind if this show got in the top 10 or even #1 for a bit considering how absurd this meme has become. Anyone with half a brain shouldn't take it seriously + weighted score will drop once this joke gets used up. I do hope that this doesn't become a frequent occurrence but I'm cool with this is particular case

I highly agree! I think people are taking this way out of proportion
Feb 5, 2020 5:16 PM

Aug 2016
deg said:
Current release date estimate for our first phase of the rating troll score plan is 3rd week of February. At this time, all scores on the website will be re-calculated to discount the contribution of troll scores, along with implementing some measures to reduce future vote manipulation. These measures will not be noticeable nor interfere with regular users, and will be further strengthened with time.

I'm sorry that we couldn't have this released during January. Please be patient for just a few more weeks. We're almost there.

https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=245618&show=4750#msg59023220

you should bookmark that thread already
Thanks for the news I just hope this will finally stop the nonsense lol.
Feb 5, 2020 5:17 PM

Aug 2015
Zura1468 said:
BlueSkylark said:
I would say you have no standards. Also you are easily influenced by others.

Even if I genuinely liked the show? Nux was only advertising the show because he liked it. I honestly think you should give Nux a try because he isn't the type of person you think he is.

I think you're a pretty cool person for being able to have a civil discussion without throwing insults everywhere :D

I mean it's not like I dislike the show either. Like for me it would be around 7/10, however this whole situation is nothing more then bothersome, because eventually it will create backlash from people that are more regularly on this side.
The only thing that will be accomplished with these aggresive voting is that people that normally use this site will feel allienated and get angry.

In the end the only thing this Nux guy will accomplish with this is that this show will go from a niche show that the people that watch it enjoyed to a show that is hated by a rather seizable part of the MAL community not for what it is, but rather for what it represents.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (17) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ishuzoku Reviewers Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Ashhk - Mar 28, 2020

190 by JeanFranciss »»
Mar 24, 10:27 AM

Poll: » Ishuzoku Reviewers Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 8, 2020

134 by JeanFranciss »»
Mar 10, 10:38 AM

Poll: » Ishuzoku Reviewers Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 18, 2020

138 by JeanFranciss »»
Mar 3, 9:19 AM

Poll: » Ishuzoku Reviewers Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 4, 2020

279 by JefersonLima00 »»
Feb 25, 2:19 AM

» Season 2 petition

Thegordon - Jan 1

1 by deg »»
Jan 1, 10:08 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.