Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Diamond no Ace: Act II Episode 44 Discussion

Feb 4, 1:18 AM

THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Looks like teams are still getting a lot of practice even on the final days of the camp.

There is a lottery system at the end of this camp which I kinda find interesting to determine the upcoming matches.

Feb 4, 3:51 AM

Great balance in this episode, I think. Training camp is coming to a close but it's as intense as ever, if not even more so; a flashback here and there, and of course the draw with its obligatory twist of fate...... nice.

All the dirty, sweaty boys... :3 and sheesh, when a favourite character finally gets a shirtless scene but it barely even counts.

Feb 4, 4:05 AM
Oh no! The tournament is near and the atmosphere is beginning to tense, I just want them to play baseball in peace forever!

Also the drawing event feels like Yakushi High School is the main protagonist LOL

Feb 4, 7:18 AM

The training was brutal but it was satisfying to watch the team work so hard. Also wow the first round is going to be against coach Kataoka's mentor Sakaki coach's team. That's gonna be an intense game.
Gray, Rave, Crave, Deprave.
Grave me,
Grave for you.

Feb 4, 10:11 AM

Wow, Yakushi High School... I didn't remember that name at all until I looked up the character and saw his uniform. The Ys guys, right! Yeah, they're pretty scary. I wouldn't want to play against them either.

Looking forward to Coach facing his old mentor. The apprentice must strike down the master, yes, very gooood...

Feb 4, 12:40 PM

8 Episodes left... it can't be helped since the anime is slowly catching up to manga but... is this season about to finish in the middle of the summer tournament?

This will hurt... a lot. Hopefully there will be another shorter season right away to tide the things up.

Feb 4, 12:54 PM

Ooh. The first game sounds like it will be interesting.

Feb 4, 1:34 PM
eso18 said:
8 Episodes left... it can't be helped since the anime is slowly catching up to manga but... is this season about to finish in the middle of the summer tournament?

This will hurt... a lot. Hopefully there will be another shorter season right away to tide the things up.

this actually confused me. I thought madhouse would end it next episode since its that big chapter but I guess not. Its just out of place to animate only a bit of the summer tournament and then stop

Feb 4, 1:36 PM
Feels like its nearing the end even though theres still a handful of episodes left. Their training scenes are chilling like always.
Really enjoyable moment of Eijun and Furuya smiling. shows their character and how far their rivalry has come. Now their relationship is even better than before after Furuya's growth.

Feb 4, 8:39 PM

Kataoka is one of the best coaches ever and this episode shows why.

Feb 5, 12:59 AM
Anime Moderator
Ochiai feeling the shivers a lot these days XD But seriously, who wouldn't, watching them train like that! So inspiring!

I enjoyed that moment when Eijun and Furuya jinxed each other. You could hear the grin in Furuya's voice when he agreed with Eijun that they said the same thing at the same time.

What a relief that Inashiro, Yakushi, and Ichidai are in other blocks. Especially Inashiro, who they won't face until the finals.

Next episode's title though...GO EXCEED!!! With a title like that, how can you not be hyped?!? Would love it if they played the song as well :3

Feb 5, 3:44 AM

The pacing for this season has been kind of weird. They skipped over a lot of games at the start, and then briefly showed some moments of others without showing the whole game. Then this entire season has pretty much just been practice games, instead of games that actually matter, like the Summer tournament games. Now it's in this weird spot where there is no way they are gonna be able to do the tournament with how few episodes they have left. Super awkward, no idea how they plan to end this season or to start the next. Not a fan of the pacing this season, just seems off to me.

Feb 5, 3:57 AM

Kataoka is such a great coach. Being there to support and push his players forward like that. I'm sure they appreciate him. I also like how Kuramochi and Maezono are trying their best to support Miyuki. And I don't know how to feel about Yui pretty much "giving up" on the catcher position. But if this is going to allow him to grow and shine in another position, then I guess it "doesn't matter" all that much. And Sanada! Loved to see him, but I guess that Yakushi is pretty much doomed as expected. But I like how people acknowledge their presence, and know they are a force to be reckoned with. I'm going to root for them with all my heart in their match against Ichidai, but then there's Seidou and Inashiro, and I guess that's it...

Feb 5, 11:01 AM
ThatsNotGaming said:
The pacing for this season has been kind of weird. They skipped over a lot of games at the start, and then briefly showed some moments of others without showing the whole game. Then this entire season has pretty much just been practice games, instead of games that actually matter, like the Summer tournament games. Now it's in this weird spot where there is no way they are gonna be able to do the tournament with how few episodes they have left. Super awkward, no idea how they plan to end this season or to start the next. Not a fan of the pacing this season, just seems off to me.

Its meant to end next episode because its the perfect point to end right before the summer tournament starts so I'm not sure what madhouse is trying to do by animating more. Before the season started I wanted the series to have like 45 or less episodes so that it could end at this perfect point... its weird af.

Feb 5, 11:41 PM

Nice, Sanada is looking fierce and hungry for victory. And the training camp finally came up to end, there's still some practice game I believed with Sawamura pitching so I'm hype to see his performance there.

Feb 6, 12:13 AM

ThatsNotGaming said:
The pacing for this season has been kind of weird. They skipped over a lot of games at the start, and then briefly showed some moments of others without showing the whole game.

If by games at the start you mean Koshien games then sadly they didn't skip much.

Koshien games are pretty much skipped in the manga as well. The entire Koshien is like 10 chapters at the beginning of second act and that's pretty much it.
In comparison the pre-summer phase is even longer than it was originally when Sawamura was first year.

Feb 6, 8:37 PM

That was an intense training session!

This episode has me hyped for the upcoming summer tournament. Especially Yakushi and Ichidai's match.

Feb 8, 7:55 AM
Kami-sama

Thank god things are finally picking up, we had to go through an entire 4 cour filler season for it to happen.

Feb 9, 5:09 AM

Excited for the next ep! Can't believe that they're already fighting Yura Sogo on the first round.
Looks like the first round won't be easy.

猫はかわいいです。 (ꈍ ‸ ꈍ)

Feb 11, 1:16 AM

ThatsNotGaming said:
Agreed with this. A lot of stuff has been really lacking in this season with the adaptation. I'm not a fan of the anime-only decisions the production team made here.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

anime recs: nodame cantabile | shinsekai yori | chihayafuru | space brothers

Feb 14, 6:40 AM

The tournament will start soon!