Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 3, 2020 7:44 PM

May 2007
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
So, Kingdom is becoming a supernatural manga now ?

A resurrection power out of nowhere !

Feb 4, 2020 1:36 AM

Apr 2008
This is why that Romance of the three Kingdom will be alway better when the author of Kingdom takes us with this bullshit like that.
Feb 4, 2020 10:34 AM
Jun 2016
Tell me when Kyoukai want to make the world know pain
Feb 5, 2020 10:29 AM

Mar 2018
Where did you guys read the new chapter? I can't find it anywhere.
Evangelion is shit
Feb 5, 2020 12:47 PM

May 2007
PsychoEkin said:
Where did you guys read the new chapter? I can't find it anywhere.

A French team already translated.

Feb 5, 2020 7:59 PM

Dec 2015
Uhhhh, Hara? You okay bro? What even is this...
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Feb 5, 2020 10:48 PM

Feb 2012
Wow this was some major cringe. How did Hara get so lost in the supernatural stuff. I was ok with it when it was only being done in small dosses and hinted at from time to time but literally bringing people back, come on.
Feb 5, 2020 10:53 PM
May 2015
The_Fan said:
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.

I’m not justifying it, but the power isn’t out of nowhere. It was hinted at when Shin and Kyou Kai were speaking in the tent many chapters ago
Feb 6, 2020 2:46 AM

Nov 2012
To quote Doflamingo: "I'm so angry all I can do is laugh".

I'm legit laughing as I'm typing, good job Hara. I would have been ok with this is he didn't bait us and with a cliffhanger and went on a 2-3 week break for this.
Feb 6, 2020 3:13 AM
Jul 2018
I'm dropping this trash; this is not what I signed up for.
Feb 6, 2020 5:45 AM
Dec 2017
dumb chapter and fuck this whole arc. bs
we gonna be stones until stone ocean
Feb 6, 2020 6:11 AM
Mar 2018
Are all of you people uneducated ignorants? You never heard of fogotten ancient chinese medical techniques? Kyoukai was already using her ancient clan fighting techniques and no one complained, but when she is about to use ancient medical technique that could exist, you are dropping series? It's not magic god dammit. Even in fucking Karate Kid they used flames to heal broken bone in few minutes.
No one even complained about fact man in manga can cut like 10 other in a half with single strike of glaive. But when she is about to save shin:
UoH bUt NoW it'S nOt hIstOriCaL it'S fiCtiOn
You aren't clowns. You are entire circus
Feb 6, 2020 6:28 AM

Oct 2012
Vilentretenmert said:
Are all of you people uneducated ignorants? You never heard of fogotten ancient chinese medical techniques? Kyoukai was already using her ancient clan fighting techniques and no one complained, but when she is about to use ancient medical technique that could exist, you are dropping series? It's not magic god dammit. Even in fucking Karate Kid they used flames to heal broken bone in few minutes.
No one even complained about fact man in manga can cut like 10 other in a half with single strike of glaive. But when she is about to save shin:

Kyoukai was already pretty bullshit to begin with BUT she was still 'borderline' okay. I mean there are lightweight people swinging heavy weapons like shin does, and kyoukai was only slightly worse than that, being able to push your muscles over the limit is possible for sure, unlikely to be via technique and most likely to be via some sort of mutation but it's still 'plausible' and 'bearable'

It was never 'super realistic' manga but it never went into full 'magic tier' either. This is literally crossing the line tho. No amount of chinese medicine can revive the dead.. it might be possible to 'revive' (aka make the heart beat again) a person, but certainly not with the method the author decided to use.

At this point author might as well give shin super saiyajin form and finish it with an ultra instinct eventually.

Not dropping the manga over that for sure - but it won't get a high score unless author manages to redeem himself somehow, which is kinda doubtful as that was a major letdown.
HentaichegFeb 6, 2020 6:34 AM
Feb 6, 2020 7:09 AM

Nov 2012
Hentaicheg said:
Vilentretenmert said:

Kyoukai was already pretty bullshit to begin with BUT she was still 'borderline' okay. I mean there are lightweight people swinging heavy weapons like shin does, and kyoukai was only slightly worse than that, being able to push your muscles over the limit is possible for sure, unlikely to be via technique and most likely to be via some sort of mutation but it's still 'plausible' and 'bearable'

It was never 'super realistic' manga but it never went into full 'magic tier' either. This is literally crossing the line tho. No amount of chinese medicine can revive the dead.. it might be possible to 'revive' (aka make the heart beat again) a person, but certainly not with the method the author decided to use.

At this point author might as well give shin super saiyajin form and finish it with an ultra instinct eventually.

Not dropping the manga over that for sure - but it won't get a high score unless author manages to redeem himself somehow, which is kinda doubtful as that was a major letdown.

The problem isn't even realism, it's that this whole Houken fight and this just feels like a juvenile battle shounen, characters winning because they have the correct ideologies, cliffhangers about MCs dying but no because history/plot armor.

And yeah previous arcs were written a bit like this but it's like Hara is not even trying to be subtle anymore. Did anyone seriously felt tension from the 628 cliffhanger? No, reading first chapter it shows Shin lived through this.

I just want this long ass arc to be over with tbh.
Feb 6, 2020 7:11 AM

Oct 2017
Yea this went supernatural, bringing the dead back to life is dumb in this series. I was hoping that Shin was still barely alive and Kyou Kai was just gonna heal him but meh. This shouldn't have happened tbh.
Feb 6, 2020 11:23 AM
Jan 2016
wtf i just read !

The worst chapter of the whole series, even killing shin better 1000% than this bullshit.
Feb 6, 2020 1:24 PM

Mar 2018
Am I the only one who liked this chapter? I couldn't care less about resurection magic, the manga wasn't even realistic to begin with. The resurection magic was even hinted at by kyou kai.
Evangelion is shit
Feb 6, 2020 1:44 PM

Dec 2013
All of this is so stupid and pointless...
Feb 6, 2020 7:04 PM
Mar 2015
Did it ever occur to anyone that Shin has never been dead There are no modern medical techniques to confirm death We bring back people from death all the time
Feb 7, 2020 1:46 AM

Nov 2011
Any other manga this would have been a drop, but for now a score drop will suffice. I just don't get Hara, this arc wasn't fantastic, but it wasn't bad either, he's capable of pulling out quality content consistently but in the middle just drop a clanger. Have Xin beat Houken, let him get bloodied and bruised so bad, hell, even let him lose an arm or both, but not this, anything but this.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Feb 7, 2020 4:07 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
While this wasn't exactly an unexpected turn of events given the prior chapter's hints... it's still hard to not be disappointed

I mean really, was this necessary? Yeah sure it's not like everything in Kingdom is 100% realistic but plot armour asides, we really don't fucking need to bring in supernatural mumbo jumbo all of a sudden. The only thing this'll do is hurt the story's credibilty and legacy, and it's a really bad precedent to set for the future

I guess I'll give the manga the benefit of the doubt for now solely because I've loved the vast majority of it so far, but this is definitely a step in completely the wrong direction
Feb 7, 2020 7:13 AM

Apr 2018
Meh, i dont even look forward for the next chapter anymore, this all supernatural bs is really annoying, author shouldn't have made shin dying in the first place.
Feb 7, 2020 7:40 AM

Nov 2016
SuperRed said:
Hentaicheg said:

The problem isn't even realism, it's that this whole Houken fight and this just feels like a juvenile battle shounen, characters winning because they have the correct ideologies, cliffhangers about MCs dying but no because history/plot armor.

And yeah previous arcs were written a bit like this but it's like Hara is not even trying to be subtle anymore. Did anyone seriously felt tension from the 628 cliffhanger? No, reading first chapter it shows Shin lived through this.

I just want this long ass arc to be over with tbh.

Kingdom being battle shounen-esque was what made it so great. But I also just hope that things will get hype again soon.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Feb 7, 2020 9:15 AM

Nov 2010
Chest compressions chest compressions why is nobody even trying to do chest compressions...

If they kill of Kyoukai I will be mad.

Feb 7, 2020 9:57 AM
Jan 2013
Doesn't Kyou Kai survive in actual Chinese history?
"How am I supposed to face the problem when the problem is my face?" - W.Lui

"A real man forgives a woman for her lies." - Sanji

"First comes love, then comes marriage, then comes adults flying through a portal in the sky." - NettoSaito

"I'm not a newbie it's just that I only registered a few days ago." - A newbie
Feb 7, 2020 11:52 AM
Jun 2016
Lelouch_Darsi said:
Doesn't Kyou Kai survive in actual Chinese history?

Yes
Asleast untill zhao conllapse she still alive
Feb 7, 2020 2:30 PM

Apr 2016
Honestly I didn't like this chapter, I don't want stuff like that in Kingdom, it’s weird something like that happens in this kind of series.
Feb 8, 2020 6:51 PM
Feb 2019
I'm not a fan of this chapter, but I also haven't been enjoying the Shin and Houken fight to begin with. I'm hoping the next chapter is better - I believe overall the series is well-written so I have hope.
Feb 11, 2020 2:22 PM

Mar 2008
oh man... please.. this was a bad chapter. Terrible direction to take this in.
Feb 11, 2020 9:14 PM
Nov 2018
Hentaicheg said:
Vilentretenmert said:

I still don’t
See how this is crossing magic tier when this whole time spirits and spiritual practice have been pushed this whole Time (After Oki and the others passed, they were basically connected to Shin in spirit, urging him forward. The whole dang Bushinn business and of course Kyokai). Willpower and diving deep into the mental realm was always underlined this whole time so I see It as Kyokai bringing those spiritual and mental wills into an actual physical result like the bushinn who thought transcendental strength was something to be cultivated as a tangible thing.
Feb 12, 2020 6:47 PM
Oct 2017
The_Fan said:

It's always been supernatural, kyokai's BS dance was always a thing along with houken's strength.
Feb 29, 2020 12:42 PM
Mar 2015
This is giving me FMA flashbacks, but sadly not in a good way, at all.
May 6, 2020 4:44 AM
Apr 2016
I know this feels like Naruto.

But i don't want Xin and Kyoukai To DIE!!!!
Jun 8, 2020 1:12 PM

Oct 2019
Well my worst fears have come to fruition and nothing more i wanted to say apart from the fact that I am disappointed in Hara..this should have been last thing he needed to do..

~Suspense of disbelief hanging by the thread~

"Not everyone who works hard is rewarded.
But, all those who succeed have worked hard"
Jul 11, 2020 1:23 PM
May 2020
Vilentretenmert said:

And you're a complete retard. The cutting multiple soldiers in half could still be put in the dramatized and manga category.. but reviving someone back to life is just pure unadultererated BULLSHIT

And there's some difference between healing bones and reviving the dead. Stop being a dumbass
Jul 11, 2020 1:25 PM
May 2020
PsychoEkin said:
Am I the only one who liked this chapter? I couldn't care less about resurection magic, the manga wasn't even realistic to begin with. The resurection magic was even hinted at by kyou kai.

So what if it's not realistic ? If it's not realistic characters can do whatever they want ??? Shin can shoot beams out of his eyes and you'll be ok ?
Aug 25, 2022 2:45 PM

Apr 2018
Kyou Kai's going to die, fucking hell..

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kingdom Chapter 794 Discussion

ShiroiRyu - Apr 17

6 by BumbleBeez »»
Apr 22, 9:17 PM

Poll: » Kingdom Chapter 793 Discussion

ShiroiRyu - Apr 13

2 by rational_psycho »»
Apr 22, 12:47 AM

Poll: » Kingdom Chapter 785 Discussion

Ramkec - Jan 22

6 by crocodileman94 »»
Apr 21, 3:43 PM

Poll: » Kingdom Chapter 792 Discussion

ShiroiRyu - Mar 31

3 by G_Spark233 »»
Apr 18, 11:23 PM

Poll: » Kingdom Chapter 768 Discussion

ShiroiRyu - Aug 23, 2023

18 by Dragona_8002 »»
Apr 14, 10:50 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.