Forum Settings
Forums

Comedy Manga 'Uzaki-chan wa Asobitai!' Receives TV Anime

New
Feb 3, 2020 5:29 PM
News Team
꙳•❅*°⋆❆.ೃ࿔*:・*❆

Apr 2010
A TV anime adaptation of Take's comedy manga Uzaki-chan wa Asobitai! (Uzaki-chan Wants to Play!) was announced by Kadokawa on Monday. The publishing company also launched an official website, revealing the main cast, staff, and a key visual (pictured). The anime is scheduled to air in Summer 2020.

Synopsis
Sakurai Shinichi's one wish is for a little peace and quiet. But Uzaki Hana–his boisterous, well-endowed underclassman–has other plans. All she wants is to hang out and poke fun at him. With the help of her chipper charm and peppy persistence, this might just be the start of a beautiful relationship! (Source: Seven Seas Entertainment)

Cast
Hana Uzaki: Naomi Oozora (Kandagawa Jet Girls)
Shinichi Sakurai: Kenji Akabane (Senki Zesshou Symphogear XV)
Ami Asai: Ayana Taketatsu (Date A Live III)
Itsuhito Sakaki: Tomoya Takagi (Cardfight!! Vanguard: Shinemon-hen)

Staff
Director: Kazuya Miura (Hataage! Kemono Michi)
Series Composition: Takashi Aoshima (Endro~!)
Character Design: Manabu Kurihara (Tokyo Ghoul: "Pinto")
Studio: ENGI

Take originally posted the manga on their Twitter account before it began official serialization in Dra-Dra-Dragon Age web manga portal in December 2017. Kadokawa will publish the fourth volume on February 7.

Seven Seas Entertainment licensed the manga for North American release in February 2019. The second volume was released on January 14, and its third volume is scheduled for release on June 16.

Official site: https://uzakichan.com/
Official Twitter: @uzakichan_asobi

Source: animate Times

News submitted by Kingsman117

Uzaki-chan wa Asobitai! on MAL
SnowFeb 3, 2020 6:55 PM

Submit News × GuidelinesPart of U × Color Your Night × Limelight × Headline˙⊹܀⁺☁︎˚˙⊹⁺.˙⁺
Feb 3, 2020 5:31 PM

Jan 2011
Wonder if it'll be a short.
Feb 3, 2020 6:15 PM
Jan 2020
Hell yeah this already looks good
Feb 3, 2020 6:16 PM

Jan 2016
Looking forward to this.
Feb 3, 2020 6:27 PM
Isekai Trucker

Oct 2015
Awesome. Reading the manga and it's really funny. Can't wait.
Today, I may be a weak little bug that gets tossed in the wind,
washed away by the currents, and drowns, but tomorrow,
I may become the butterfly that spreads its colossal wings and flies the open skies!

~ Oe Kintaro
Feb 3, 2020 7:43 PM

Feb 2016
Learned about this earlier in the morning an beyond excited for this news. I stumbled across the manga from my senpai showing my art an telling me it was a manga. Grant you I only got as far as Chapter 25, but that because I plan on buying the manga since it being published in English now. All the characters are lovable an still too happy to hear of it. Just another anime to add to the list of watching together.
Feb 3, 2020 8:10 PM

Aug 2016
Wasn´t exactly planning to read the manga, but It´s sometimes compared to Nagatoro, wich is a funny romcom, so I´ll give it a try
:v
Feb 3, 2020 8:23 PM

Apr 2015
Will there be a blood drive themed episode?
"Well, she's flatter than a pancake"
-Mimi Alpacas
"Woof"
-Tobiichi Origami 
"Are you trying to turn the dormitory into a strip club!?!
-Atena Saotome 
Feb 3, 2020 8:39 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
Tropisch said:
Will there be a blood drive themed episode?

LMAO i was gonna say, im really hoping this is a result of the SJW twitter shit

cause you know...

apparently not being offended is more important than finding a good way to get people to donate something like blood
Feb 3, 2020 8:46 PM

Jan 2013
lol this is the one they were using for that blood drive that got all the SJWs on Twitter triggered. Interesting that it's getting an adaptation now after that controversy. Honestly it doesn't look like my type of show but maybe I'll check it out just out of curiosity.
Feb 3, 2020 9:39 PM
No.1 Nahida Simp

Jan 2017
Sugoi Dekai. It's about damn time.
Feb 3, 2020 11:54 PM

Apr 2013
SoL, comedy and ecchi... This looks hella good tbh, even though that studio is almost unknown.
Feb 4, 2020 1:14 AM

Jul 2015
Definetely one of the biggest hypes for summer. Hope it won't be short.

Feb 4, 2020 1:17 AM

Jun 2014
Well, it was only a matter of time with how popular it is. I wonder if Kadokawa's studio ENGI will mainly focus on adapting comedic manga in the future. Hmm. Although I think they were also making a Strike Witches sequels, so maybe not.
:3
Feb 4, 2020 2:24 AM

Nov 2014
I totally forgot I had that on PTR. I really look forward to the anime.

Gator said:
SoL, comedy and ecchi... This looks hella good tbh

Yup. It can't get much better than that.
Feb 4, 2020 6:48 AM

Mar 2013
It's like Takagi-san but with big boobs.....no thank you...
Feb 4, 2020 9:38 AM

Oct 2018
the manga is great so I'm hella looking forward to this
If you're reading this and you haven't watched Mob Psycho 100, go watch it and then continue with what you were doing.

Also, for the record, JoJo is great, it's fans are not.
Feb 4, 2020 3:04 PM
Haruna Sairenji

Jan 2017
Really nice that it will get an adaptation. Lets hope it will be as good as the manga.
Feb 4, 2020 3:23 PM

Jan 2008
Female roles seem pretty solid. Naomi Oozora already did some voice acting for Uzaki for some other stuff so was somewhat already expecting her. Can't say I ever heard of the guys though, one even appears completely new.
Feb 4, 2020 3:24 PM

Feb 2014
when ppl are looking forward to this but Tejina-senpai is leagues above this
if it's full length it's be even more unbearable shit lol ppl needa understand stuff like this gets stale quick with an annoying character

"For the sake of humankind, I forsake my humanity." - Cherry
Feb 4, 2020 5:08 PM

Nov 2008
Genocyber said:
when ppl are looking forward to this but Tejina-senpai is leagues above this
if it's full length it's be even more unbearable shit lol ppl needa understand stuff like this gets stale quick with an annoying character

It shouldn't be bad as long as it isn't super repetitive (Takagi-san).

Feb 4, 2020 6:33 PM

Mar 2017
Nice I've been thinking about reading the manga for a long time now. Great to see it getting an adaption
Feb 5, 2020 3:16 AM

Jul 2015
One of the biggest hypes for summer. Can't wait.

Feb 5, 2020 8:52 AM

Aug 2018
9L4N said:
It's like Takagi-san but with big boobs.....no thank you...

You had me in the first half, not gonna lie.
-On my way to make you confess-

Feb 5, 2020 12:49 PM

May 2018
It's one of them shows I will have to give 10/10 because it triggered SJWs
Feb 5, 2020 12:52 PM

Jul 2012
it's kinda sad how this main girl is reduced to nothing except how she's excited and her boobs are big lol. japan always finds a way.
Feb 5, 2020 5:48 PM

May 2015
Mayuka said:
it's kinda sad how this main girl is reduced to nothing except how she's excited and her boobs are big lol. japan always finds a way.

I'm not seeing the issue...?

Feb 5, 2020 6:00 PM

Jul 2012
TsukuyomiREKT said:
Mayuka said:

you don't have to, you're a man.

anime characters have always been so generic. what sets a character apart from others? her big tits? that's so boring.
Feb 6, 2020 9:21 PM
Sep 2017
Is megane girl voiced by ayana take ?
Feb 12, 2020 3:24 AM

Apr 2015
Mayuka said:
TsukuyomiREKT said:

anime characters have always been so generic. what sets a character apart from others? her big tits? that's so boring.

"You don't have to, you're a man" cringe to the maximum. Also, two can play it that way, what makes all those male character's in your faves stand out? They're all generic too.
-Mimi Alpacas
"Woof"
-Tobiichi Origami 
-Atena Saotome 
Feb 12, 2020 3:25 AM

Jul 2012
Tropisch said:
Mayuka said:

"You don't have to, you're a man" cringe to the maximum. Also, two can play it that way, what makes all those male character's in your faves stand out? They're all generic too.
their voice actors, jk

do you want me to write an essay on why they have dimension to their characters tho? cuz i can lol
Feb 12, 2020 1:14 PM
Feb 2020
Considering the climate I sadly dont see it lasting long. That said Ive heard about it from rge and a few anitubers already, the synopsis sounds fun so I guess ill add it to the backlog and read it later to see what it has to work off of.
Edit: Jeeze the salt over lewd characters these days. Glad I only check out forums when I can.
Once a pirate always, dont be mad cause I sail the seas save for the few that catch my love. Take this as you will matey be that I love Luffey's ideal or that I hate swindlers.
Feb 13, 2020 4:31 AM

Apr 2015
Blindedtrvlr said:
Considering the climate I sadly dont see it lasting long. That said Ive heard about it from rge and a few anitubers already, the synopsis sounds fun so I guess ill add it to the backlog and read it later to see what it has to work off of.
Edit: Jeeze the salt over lewd characters these days. Glad I only check out forums when I can.

Uzaki made people salty at blood drive's because of her large breasts, so you can tell the anime's gonna be good. And yeah, people salty over lewd character's is nothing new, just ignore the hater's. Like the obvious one in this thread.
-Mimi Alpacas
"Woof"
-Tobiichi Origami 
-Atena Saotome 
Feb 20, 2020 12:23 AM
Oct 2019
Sounds interesting, I hope it ain't too short.

More topics from this board

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Yesterday

25 by RobertBobert »»
37 minutes ago

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

3 by Etherius_ZS »»
44 minutes ago

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Apr 18

97 by Nanaca »»
6 hours ago

» 'Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou' Season 3 Unveils Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

2 by BankaiGoku »»
Apr 22, 11:26 PM

» TAAF 2024 Anime of the Year Winners Announced

Snow - Apr 19

10 by malvarez1 »»
Apr 22, 8:38 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.