Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 2, 2020 7:57 PM

Nov 2007
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Oh God! How long has it been since we have seen our resident Meidogami! I seriously started to think that she has been long forgotten by Akasaka-sensei!

I take it back when I wasn't sure which one is the prettiest character in this story! Now I am sure that it's Hayasaka Ai!

Also, the drop of the atomic bomb at the end! I don't want this to happen. I cannot believe that my words are actually going to come down and haunt me when I said "Kaguya really needs to cherish Hayasaka more. She takes her for granted".
shanimebibFeb 3, 2020 7:59 AM
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Feb 3, 2020 6:44 PM
Jul 2017
Poor hayasaka. I feel really bad for her.
I like her character. But man she has it rough.
I guess they should have left it to Ishigami to make the date plan.
Seems like hayasaka and the other attendants are leaving. Wonder how Kaguya will take the news.
But what could be the reason behind it? Are they trying to set her up with someone?
"You are the result of 4 billion years of evolution. Act like it."
"Why don't you eat make up? Then you can be beautiful on the inside too."
"'Sick'? Call me 'twisted'. 'Sick' makes it sound like there's a cure."
"What's messed up isn't my thinking, what's messed up is this god damn world."
"The world isn't perfect, but its out there doing the best it can for us. That's what makes it so damn beautiful."
Feb 3, 2020 8:27 PM

Nov 2007
^same here. It is incredible feeling that she was sidelined for so long and when she finally returns, such a huge bomb is dropped.

Haysaka is basically the only ally Kaguya has in her entire family. If she is taken away from her, she will basically become a prisoner of the Shinomiya's for real.

I have a feeling that the main house somehow noticed that Kaguya's being different than she had been and the first thing they would want to do is confine Kaguya by taking away her allies.

Knowing how cruel the Shinomiya family is, I won't think that is not unwarranted to happen.
Coronavirus.
Feb 4, 2020 7:08 PM

May 2012
Man I really hope hayasaka gets a boyfriend (or girlfriend), I felt really bad for her when kaguya called her date plans delusional. At least with kaguya's delusional planning/scheming she has a boy in mind. Hayasaka doesn't even have that unfortunately.

I'm curious to see what will happen if hayasaka actually gets fired. Hayaska says that kaguya would be fine if she wasn't around but I don't think that's true. Kaguya literally considers her a sister so hayasaka leaving will likely effect kaguya.

I'm thinking this is going to make kaguya appreciate hayasaka and be more considerate of her. They'll finally be able to be true sisters/friends and not maid/master.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 5, 2020 11:02 AM

Feb 2017
she just back from a long disappearance just to tease us she might part away with kaguya.

more filler drama, it gonna be happy ending anyway.

i wish author make something unexpected big decision with emotional bye-bye.

it surely cost a lot but might be impactful for the story.

MAL score and most user-based rating system are all joke, Imagine trusting plebs and hivemind. Find users who have good sense and rating and use them as a reference. Check my guide to rate
Your taste is trash. Cope, seethe, mald
Feb 6, 2020 1:52 AM

Mar 2015
calm before the storm.
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Feb 6, 2020 2:06 AM

Sep 2010
Noo, Hayasaka can't disappear now!

On the other hand, Hayasaka seriously needs a love interest.

"to the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world." -a magnet
Feb 6, 2020 2:25 AM
Aug 2016
About damn time that finally Hayasaka gets a personal arc.
Feb 6, 2020 5:22 AM

Sep 2018
Aaah that Hayasaka walk-off... My heart is melting she's just precious <3
well that's just my opinion.....
Feb 6, 2020 6:01 AM

Jan 2011
Everyone thinking it was Ishigami arc time, but really it was time for Hayasaka's justice.
Feb 6, 2020 7:17 AM

Jul 2012
Man i just love Hayasaka!!! How she childishly (nothing wrong about that) talks about Disney and as always wish Kaguya will give her more credit.

That defeat panel was very cute after the volley strike!

Don't want Hayasaka to leave, but on the other hand she needs freedom and it could be also good for Kaguya, hmm ...
Feb 6, 2020 7:34 AM

Feb 2018
Oh damn Kaguya's hands are wounded a little from training ishigami, although Chika had it worse when training Miyuki, even her ribbon had bandages lol

I feel sorry for Hayasaka, she couldn't enjoy what a high school girl normally does. I want to give her a hug she's so precious, for real tho Kaguya takes Hayasaka way too granted, she only ever found out about that book now

Hayasaka cares for Kaguya even tho she gave her so many troubles and she's being relieved of her duties, Kaguya is going to be way too sad when she finds out, fuck the main house hope they don't make her work elsewhere. I just want Hayasaka to be happy
Feb 6, 2020 8:49 AM

Jan 2018
Poor hayasaka she deserves more love.
Feb 6, 2020 10:28 AM

Feb 2018
"Personally, I doubt the humanity of people who use such calculating, roundabout tatics" Shinomiya Kaguya, 2020
Redefining speaking from experience.

After the rap arc Kaguya said that someone would be added as her attendant not replace Hayasaka, has the main family noticed Kaguya's relationship?

What to say about Hayasaka besides we need more of her?
Feb 6, 2020 10:31 AM

Jun 2015
Hayasaka is my favourite character I hope things work out for her.
:)
Feb 6, 2020 11:31 AM

Nov 2007
Dessssy said:
Hayasaka is my favourite character I hope things work out for her.

Must have been the longest wait ever! It took probably something like 20 chapters (or probably more) since she was shown running away from Kaguya!

Primo_Itoko said:
"Personally, I doubt the humanity of people who use such calculating, roundabout tatics" Shinomiya Kaguya, 2020

But we cannot have her for Presidency. She is the eternal Vice-President. :|
Coronavirus.
Feb 6, 2020 12:53 PM

Jul 2014
HAYAFCKINGSAKA ARC INCOMING!!!! finally my 2nd best girl back in the spotlight! Funny how my top 2 girls are the ones who's in need of boyfriends or doesn't have a love life, one has no time for it while the other one got NTR'd lol.
I kinda half want Hayasaka to be relieved from her duties and half don't. God knows how it'll affect Kaguya since Hayasaka is literally the only ally she has in that mansion but at the same time I want her to experience what its like to be a full on highschool girl with no duties intact, she deserves it! and please Aka, give her a boyfriend!!!!! I don't care who it is so long as its someone that'll treasure her like Luffy finding One Piece then its all good.
Feb 6, 2020 1:02 PM

Oct 2017
Haysaka was really adorable and wow we are finally getting her arc.
Feb 6, 2020 1:41 PM

Feb 2018
shanimebib said:

Primo_Itoko said:

I meant as a academic quote, like, I don't know, Nietzsche, 1887, Beyond Good and Evil. But having Kaguya as an eternal Vice is way too sad, I'd vote for her.
Feb 6, 2020 1:50 PM

Nov 2007
Primo_Itoko said:
shanimebib said:

I meant as a academic quote, like, I don't know, Nietzsche, 1887, Beyond Good and Evil. But having Kaguya as an eternal Vice is way too sad, I'd vote for her.

It's not an option. She will never run for presidency because she knows someone worth far more for that title. Her Kaichou. :P
Coronavirus.
Feb 6, 2020 3:04 PM

Feb 2014
Congintive said:

You must be joking, Hayasaka is the favourite on reddit, people on Kaguya's subreddit can't even take a joke when anyone talk about her.
Feb 6, 2020 3:08 PM

Jul 2014
curvedtree said:
Congintive said:

You must be joking, Hayasaka is the favourite on reddit, people on Kaguya's subreddit can't even take a joke when anyone talk about her.

I think Congi meant in-universe, not ours. Cause Ishi outright implied the person who wrote the plan "starves for love".
Feb 6, 2020 3:31 PM

Nov 2007
-Stray said:
curvedtree said:

I think Congi meant in-universe, not ours. Cause Ishi outright implied the person who wrote the plan "starves for love".

And when Ishii speaks, you listen.
Coronavirus.
Feb 6, 2020 7:17 PM
Mar 2015
It would be sad to see Hayasaki go
Feb 6, 2020 8:23 PM

May 2015
so there will be more focus on the best gal.

Best Shitty Reviews
“Like is like a blank canvas you paint it with whatever you want (colors,blood,sweat,shit etc)”
Current Season rec : Layton Mystery Tanteisha: Katri no Nazotoki File
I am an anime OST Maniac and they play a huge role in my rating for a anime.
interested ?
click the GIF>>>>>
Feb 6, 2020 8:44 PM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
Oof. Lots of heavy drama incoming. Hayasaka leaving, Ishigami x Iino x Koyasu and Shinomiya family situation. I feel like after these these three resolutions, it is a good time to end the series.
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
Feb 6, 2020 9:03 PM

Sep 2011
Justice for hayasaki damn it, I'm guessing this will probably go the same route as how christmas did in portraying the story, we'll probably focus on the schoolstrip ie: kaguya, pres, and hayasaka on its own, then we will jump back in time to focus on ishigami, tsubame, and probably Iino + her friends all in one go afterwords though i suspect those chapters will be much shorter where as this hayasaka stuff feels like it might be a short arc

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Feb 6, 2020 9:55 PM

Nov 2007
cchigu said:
Oof. Lots of heavy drama incoming. Hayasaka leaving, Ishigami x Iino x Koyasu and Shinomiya family situation. I feel like after these these three resolutions, it is a good time to end the series.

Did you read the interview that came out? The story isn't halfway through. Akasaka-sensei confirmed it himself. The day Kaguya will become a third year in the story, it will also mark the middle point of the manga.
Coronavirus.
Feb 6, 2020 10:38 PM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
shanimebib said:
cchigu said:

Did you read the interview that came out? The story isn't halfway through. Akasaka-sensei confirmed it himself. The day Kaguya will become a third year in the story, it will also mark the middle point of the manga.
Sweet, more Kaguya is always welcome.
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
Feb 6, 2020 10:41 PM

Nov 2007
cchigu said:
shanimebib said:

Sweet, more Kaguya is always welcome.

Also he mocked Haruba Negi as a traitor for chickening out from the race.
Coronavirus.
Feb 7, 2020 1:37 AM

Feb 2017
Poor Hayasaka. Hopefully she finds a boyfriend, and when she does I will be as happy as when Kaguya and Pres finally got together. Justice for her!
Feb 7, 2020 4:45 AM

May 2015
Gotta love when people shit on another series in threads that have literally nothing to do with said series. xD

OT: Hayasaka drama is definitely incoming and it looks to be quite serious as well. Wonder how Aka is gonna handle this.
TsukuyomiREKTFeb 7, 2020 4:52 AM

Feb 7, 2020 9:06 AM

Jul 2017
What was planned to be an ishigami chapter turned out to be a best girl Hayasaka chapter. I agree with @-Stray plz let her find a boyfriend this upcoming Kyoto trip. Kaguya even hinted that it could also be another person in the household so that route is there as well
Feb 7, 2020 2:19 PM

Feb 2018
I'd like to see Hayasaka end up with Chika since they did share a rather forceful kiss

That'd be pretty dope
Feb 8, 2020 1:33 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Glorious, just perfect. One uses the cliché "lol" a lot, but reading this literally had me laughing out loud several times. The dialogue, framing of scenes, character expressions...just wonderful.
At a time when many longtime favorites are going downhill qualitywise, it's great that Kaguya-sama keeps delivering the goods.

While obviously Hayasaka is the star of tis chapter (it's gonna be great having an arc with her as a focus)' I want to draw attention to the relationship between Kaguya and our Boi. How far they have come from the start, it's amazing.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Feb 8, 2020 6:05 AM

Nov 2007
Short_Circut said:
What was planned to be an ishigami chapter turned out to be a best girl Hayasaka chapter. I agree with @-Stray plz let her find a boyfriend this upcoming Kyoto trip. Kaguya even hinted that it could also be another person in the household so that route is there as well

You mean the handsome and kind Shinomiya butler (19) who is in college first year and working under Kaguya's father's direct instructions, who has a crush on Hayasaka since childhood and yet to appear?

Or the ultra-romantic son of the Nagamitsu's (21), the heir to the Forbe 50's Nagamitsu Group of Industries, who is being pushed by his family to be betrothed with the Shinomiya's 17 year old daughter against his will, who wants to find his partner through love and not through convenience and set up to appear in the Kyoto arc?

Yeah, I would love her to find that special person. But I know it won't happen.
Coronavirus.
Feb 8, 2020 6:12 AM

Jul 2017
shanimebib said:
Short_Circut said:

You mean the handsome and kind Shinomiya butler (19) who is in college first year and working under Kaguya's father's direct instructions, who has a crush on Hayasaka since childhood and yet to appear?

Or the ultra-romantic son of the Nagamitsu's (21), the heir to the Forbe 50's Nagamitsu Group of Industries, who is being pushed by his family to be betrothed with the Shinomiya's 17 year old daughter against his will, who wants to find his partner through love and not through convenience and set up to appear in the Kyoto arc?

oof those sound like some good options

but never fret, it only took >100 chapters for Kaguya and pres to get together so there's still hope for Hayasaka!
Feb 8, 2020 6:34 AM

Nov 2007
Short_Circut said:
shanimebib said:

but never fret, it only took >100 chapters for Kaguya and pres to get together so there's still hope for Hayasaka!

The Key idea is that she is loved. She thinks she knows how love/romance works and super idealistic, romantic and confident about it but the fact is that the reality hurts. She is super romantic when setting up prospective situations for Kaguya but they either don't go as planned or bound to fail. She is confident to win anyone's heart but was made to come down from her high horse by Miyuki when she tried to seduce him, and her ideal romantic situation is escapism for someone starved of affection as pointed out by Ishii~. I would love to see her get a break!

I will love it even if a new character is introduced. I know that Koyasu-senpai was introduced in the late 80s. It's not impossible but I don't want to get my hopes high. Either way, we might not even get a happy ending of the story for all the characters including the main couple. In his interview, he reminded that the story is based on the tale of the bamboo-cutter. And we know that it is a tragic romance.
Coronavirus.
Feb 8, 2020 7:14 AM

Jul 2017
shanimebib said:
Short_Circut said:

The Key idea is that she is loved. She thinks she knows how love/romance works and super idealistic, romantic and confident about it but the fact is that the reality hurts. She is super romantic when setting up prospective situations for Kaguya but they either don't go as planned or bound to fail. She is confident to win anyone's heart but was made to come down from her high horse by Miyuki when she tried to seduce him, and her ideal romantic situation is escapism for someone starved of affection as pointed out by Ishii~. I would love to see her get a break!

I will love it even if a new character is introduced. I know that Koyasu-senpai was introduced in the late 80s. It's not impossible but I don't want to get my hopes high. Either way, we might not even get a happy ending of the story for all the characters including the main couple. In his interview, he reminded that the story is based on the tale of the bamboo-cutter. And we know that it is a tragic romance.

I think Hayasaka's naivety can lead to some pretty funny scenes if given her own route, similar to Kaguya's naive scenes. But I agree, ever since the moment she was sulking in the bathtub I always wanted to see her get a break lolol

I haven't seen the interview so I'm not sure if he explicitly mentioned the romance portion of Kaugya-sama is going to be based on bamboo cutter, but if I had to say up until now, I feel like it's more about the isolation aspect and the lack of free will (like when Kaguya couldn't go to the fireworks) that connects the 2. Though I think we've seen a few cases where darker situations end up getting a lighter turn around so I feel like that might be reflective of how the rest of the story is gonna play out. I think with these next few chapters and how the whole situation with Hayasaka is gonna be dealt, will probably highlight how the rest of the series is gonna play out and it maybe it is leading up to a tragic romance who knows

But for now I'm just gonna assume it's a light-hearted rom-com as always, and that everyone is gonna be happy at the end :P. It's the same case with Tonikaku Kawaii manga, everyone is speculating that there's some deeper story behind the lightheartedness and it's actually a tragedy lmao. Same thing with Mairimashita, Senapi albeit that's only limited to the most recent chapter lolol
Feb 8, 2020 9:41 AM

Feb 2018
@shanimebib could you pass the link of this interview to me?
It's fine even if it's in Japanese (kinda)
Feb 8, 2020 12:09 PM

Nov 2007
^Look up "赤坂アカ" in livedoor news. The interview was published last week.
Coronavirus.
Feb 9, 2020 10:09 AM

Jul 2017
I didn't expect to be sad reading this.

:(

GFL NA: 151141 | FGO NA: 622,135,030
FGO JP: 028,976,814 | Magia Record JP: rzMsBapp

‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
Feb 10, 2020 1:04 AM

Sep 2017
dear aka-sensei please introduce some new guy for hayasaka asap, i cant stand seeing my girl suffer any longer lol
Feb 13, 2020 2:39 AM
May 2019
Huh why the score is 8.86 now, I see those 1 score are still there
Edit: I have seen the annoucement now
TezKFeb 13, 2020 3:09 AM
Feb 21, 2020 7:23 AM

Feb 2016
Finaaaaaallly hyasika arc is here....

Best girl in the manga without doubt, she deserves more focus
Mar 22, 2020 8:01 AM

Feb 2019
Damn. Always loved Hayasaka. At first I thought this was a pretty cute chapter, especially upon seeing Hayasaka storming off from the Student Council room with that puffed-up annoyed expression on her face after throwing a ball at Ishigami's face. But then in just a few pages it suddenly became heavy and emotional. That was such a bomb. I feel sad just at the thought of Hayasaka and Kaguya parting...

1. Hayasaka is the only person Kaguya can trust in the entire extended Shinomiya household. I'm not so convinced that if Hayasaka is gone, Kaguya will be really okay considering how extreme and cruel the Shinomiyas can be. If she goes, Kaguya will be completely isolated.

2. Hayasaka is like a sister to Kaguya. Kaguya really does need to appreciate her more and treat her with more respect and more as an equal. But fact is Kaguya will lose just more than a loyal and reliable attendant, she'd be losing a sister, someone who is really the closest person to her. That would destroy her.

I hope it doesn't happen.
Jun 1, 2020 1:14 PM

Oct 2019
Goddamn I was so happy to see Hayasaka and they drop that Bombshell at the end..

Hope everything turns out well..

"Not everyone who works hard is rewarded.
But, all those who succeed have worked hard"
Jun 1, 2020 1:14 PM

Oct 2019
Goddamn I was so happy to see Hayasaka and they drop that Bombshell at the end..

Hope everything turns out well..

"Not everyone who works hard is rewarded.
But, all those who succeed have worked hard"
Aug 30, 2020 8:27 PM

Dec 2013
Poor Hayasaka can only fantasize...

The ending was a definite surprise. Hayasaka arc soon?
Jan 3, 2022 6:31 AM

Jul 2021
I feel like I notice a huge positive development between Kaguya and Ishigami friendship because they’re a lot more like brother and sister who won’t cause a war but actually get along with each other well. I love the conversation where Kaguya always gives Ishigami advice for his date with Tsubame but sometimes Kaguya is very strict with his ideas and tries to elaborate on it to make it up into something else. Ah yes who doesn’t love Hayasaka’s love advice and how she’s really knowledgeable about disney not being a particular place for a couple to go on a date for the first time but don’t worry folks Hayasaka always can turn your date into something majestic and elegant so that way you can make progress with your loved one through various of unusual activities that is perfect for any romance ambience any couple would want. Damn I feel like Kaguya should’ve interpreted Hayasaka a better way rather than questioning Ishigami himself and NOOOO is Hayasaka going to leave Kaguya? I’m gonna miss her time being her personal attendant :c
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Chapter 223 Discussion

NakolHira - Apr 5, 2021

47 by thicdicdaddy27 »»
12 hours ago

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Chapter 281 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Lezet - Oct 29, 2022

251 by SrRoses »»
Mar 4, 5:18 AM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Chapter 1 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 23, 2015

11 by daywithoutgames »»
Mar 1, 11:23 PM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Chapter 251 Discussion

Depal2 - Jan 25, 2022

35 by ohwaitwhat69 »»
Feb 20, 4:12 PM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Chapter 24 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 23, 2016

16 by MeyerDitt »»
Feb 6, 10:29 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.