Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Feb 1, 2020 7:43 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Heh, this show sure loves to show details of the characters eating habits.

It's also crazy how they're able to make dummy characters similar to the originals. Just crazy.
Stark700Feb 1, 2020 7:49 AM
Feb 1, 2020 11:13 AM

Dec 2013
Very disappointed at the scene where "Duckman" fucks Ebisu's shit up

Good episode otherwise
WhayleFeb 1, 2020 12:25 PM
Feb 1, 2020 1:19 PM

Oct 2018
Favorite episode to date, the dead bodies hanging from the ceiling really captured the creepy tone of the show! Really loved it! Kikurage is finally here! So so cute :3 !! Kusakabe also came in this episode, so many new faces I’m happy to see them! So glad that they kept his Tattoos instead of hiding them like in the reference pics we saw. Can’t wait till next week!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 1, 2020 3:48 PM

Apr 2009
Turkey's cooking show is cool. Also, the OST during the dinner party fight scene is rad as hell.
NilviusFeb 1, 2020 6:55 PM
Feb 2, 2020 2:39 AM
Feb 2015
So we are 4 episodes into this adaptation, and I just gotta say something: this isn't the pErfEcT adaptation that I was hoping for, but I cannot deny the amount of passion and respect to the source material I am witnessing. The staff loves this manga and are doing their best to deliver the best they can do, and so far they are doing extraordinarily well. The same three people can shit on the CG and "random" plot every week, and that's sad because they don't see just how difficult adapting this manga is, or how lucky we are to have people that actually give a shit working on it. What a shame, we just accept mediocrity I guess, and hate things that are different :///
Feb 2, 2020 3:23 AM

Dec 2014
I am currently reading the manga as im watching these episode.
i gotta say i love the manga as well as the anime.
the fight scene(Shin and Noi combo) although short was quite something.
i like that the antagonists(Shin, Noi, En) are not in anyway bad people, and are more human than Kaiman.
The world building is wacky as ever.
Now time to go and read whats to come in next ep.
Send me Friend requests!!!!
Feb 2, 2020 4:50 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
botomonogatari said:
So we are 4 episodes into this adaptation, and I just gotta say something: this isn't the pErfEcT adaptation that I was hoping for, but I cannot deny the amount of passion and respect to the source material I am witnessing. The staff loves this manga and are doing their best to deliver the best they can do, and so far they are doing extraordinarily well. The same three people can shit on the CG and "random" plot every week, and that's sad because they don't see just how difficult adapting this manga is, or how lucky we are to have people that actually give a shit working on it. What a shame, we just accept mediocrity I guess, and hate things that are different :///

Good post. I share a lot of your views. We're very fortunate that such and adaptation even took place and that they manage to get so much right even on a shoestring budget.

"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Feb 2, 2020 5:05 AM

Nov 2018
where is the ghost part on doc's house?
Feb 2, 2020 6:34 AM
May 2016
Great episode! God why does this show have to air weekly? I just want to binge-watch this entire thing. The cast are just so fucking fun it's insane, and the world too is just so interesting, not to mention fucking gorgeous. It feels like with every episode the show just gets better and better. God I NEED that OST too.

Like god damn, it's been ages since I feel like I've seen a show with such a morally gray yet incredibly fun cast of characters, I don't feel like I can hate any of them so far despite some of them doing pretty fucked up stuff, this ep had a ton of cute moments between them all (shoutouts to En's complete turn of character getting his magic pooch and Kaiman/Nikaido's new year celebration scene, which was pretty sweet). I'm THIS close to just reading the manga but I have to say this adaptation has been awesome so far, it feels like it's got a ton of passion oozing from it every week despite my initial skepticism due to the CGI (which is honestly just getting better with each week in terms of usage, the party fight was fucking awesome.)
ModernoirFeb 2, 2020 6:37 AM
Feb 2, 2020 6:55 AM

Dec 2014
Well nice and all hmmm... more exposure to the magic and thensome
Feb 2, 2020 7:04 AM
Dec 2019
Nice episode
But we didn't seen the ghost in professor house
Despite that the other scenes are really fine
Shin & Noi combo is fuckin awesome!!!
Feb 2, 2020 7:44 AM
Dec 2017
Was that Chidaruma flying by at 09:04 (after they found that head)?
Feb 2, 2020 8:19 AM
May 2016
Just a little notice for y'all but keep in mind that the BDs for Dorohedoro will have 6 5 minute shorts which most likely will have a lot of the stuff that simply isn't shown in this first season.
Feb 2, 2020 8:20 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
The new year eve with Caiman and Nikadoi was really good, Kasukabe spawning on the table is epic xD
Feb 2, 2020 8:52 AM
Jul 2018
Bloody, bloody, bloody show. I love it.
The VAs are doing a great job, especially Hosoya as Shin.
Feb 2, 2020 10:05 AM
May 2019
All of my usual criticism about bad CGI and edginess apply here so I'm not gonna repeat myself😉
The way they made that living doll doesn't make any sense.
Not only did they made living doll that looks like that guy but behave like him as well??! And have his memories and on top of that doll was able to find his severed head like How??!!🤨 that's right mAgIC🍌
I like how his hand regenerates instantly when it was nearly completely destroyed and it doesn't even faze him after being struck by such a powerful magic attack, it almost feels like I don't know plot armor🍌
In the last episode the lizardman was able to regenerate his entire head, and this guy was able to survive being stabbed to the heart so it's not like this is anything new, just bs writing as usual uh😒

But but but it's magic it makes sense that it doesn't make sense😮

If magic doesn't have any rules then it's just going to become a lazy plot device at best or Deus ex Machina at worst which is objectively bad writing😉

How can they eat food in a room full of hanging corpses? It's gross🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢
I know that it would completely ruined my appetite at very least😣
I suppose they must have a strong stomachs or something LoL.
XstasyFeb 2, 2020 10:24 AM
Feb 2, 2020 11:01 AM
Mar 2019
Xstasy said:
All of my usual criticism about bad CGI and edginess apply here so I'm not gonna repeat myself😉
Not only did they made living doll that looks like that guy but behave like him as well??! And have his memories and on top of that doll was able to find his severed head like How??!!🤨 that's right mAgIC🍌
I like how his hand regenerates instantly when it was nearly completely destroyed and it doesn't even faze him after being struck by such a powerful magic attack, it almost feels like I don't know plot armor🍌
In the last episode the lizardman was able to regenerate his entire head, and this guy was able to survive being stabbed to the heart so it's not like this is anything new, just bs writing as usual uh😒

If magic doesn't have any rules then it's just going to become a lazy plot device at best or Deus ex Machina at worst which is objectively bad writing😉

I don't understand how you can criticize edginess when you have Mirai Nikki as one of your favorite animes, and Dorohedoro isn't even edgy, since the show doesn't try to make violence a cool thing, but is using it to surprise viewers

And your obsession over magic and how it works is just stupid, calling magic in Dorohedoro stupid is like calling stands in Jojo's or quirks in MHA stupid
Every character has their special power, the turkey guy can create living dolls based off real people, the puppy can revive people, Noi can heal wounds, it works just like stands or quirks
Feb 2, 2020 11:09 AM

Apr 2015
Xstasy said:

I think you are just nitpicking at this stage.
From the story and the world building, there are two worlds and one of those world is full of magic users. Why are you surprised someone uses magic? We are already shown how the En family is one of the strongest clans.

Feb 2, 2020 11:18 AM

Sep 2015
Enjoyable episode. Didn't Ebisu know a thing or two about uh lizard magic? What did she do to that guy with the drugs?
can dis sig fit
Feb 2, 2020 11:50 AM

Aug 2017
Xstasy said:

are you fucking kidding me? isn't it a little obvious that there isn't any rule for the magics at this point? reptil transformation magic, insect magic, mushroom magic, dismemberment magic, why couldn't be a human doll magic?

And have his memories and on top of that doll was able to find his severed head like How??!!🤨 that's right mAgIC

they don't, they just act like them and tend to go where the original is, like a doppelganger thing

did you skip the part that they say thats a usual combo used for stronger oponents? and about the instant regeneration, that's the woman magic, we already know about his power when he used it on the pink haired girl

lmao, sorry to say but you're just dumb. looks like you need tons of exposition on the screen to understand anything. he survived the stab to the heart because his partner has healing magic, retard, she just healed him offscreen
about the lizard head, they are introducing a plot point in the history. instead of thinking "plot armor", you had to think "why he can do it?" but looks like you're just looking for bad talk the anime. it's exactly like watching shingeki no kyojin 1 season and saying that eren's first transformation was "bs writing", but it turned to be one of your favorite series.

i really suggest that you go away of dorohedoro, it isn't for you. it's a manga known for anything but killing characters, he don't need it to be an interesting story. we already have an amazing worldbuilding combined with comedy, mistery and grotesque art
Feb 2, 2020 11:59 AM

Oct 2013
Xstasy said:

This is really not the type of show where those criticism would apply, it's not like this series set it self up like hxh where it give you in depth explanation on how magic works and rules.

If a character can revive the dead, then that is the case, you don't need to know anything more, It is over the top horror comedy, it's not telling you to take it seriously. Enjoy the wild ride and if you can't then jump off the ride.

If the series were to try and correct itself by using your criticism, it wouldn't be the series it is now, basically you want the series to take itself more serious and realistic, but then if it does that it wouldn't be the enjoyable over the top series it is.

When a series try to take itself seriously and fall on its head, this is where your criticism would make more sense, but for this situation your criticism fall flat, because the series never once gave you or anyone the impression it is some indepth I intellectual/realistic series in the first place.

Feb 2, 2020 12:01 PM

Dec 2013
Maybe it's time to stop taking the bait
Feb 2, 2020 12:07 PM
Dec 2017
fuuuck that Noi fanservice god...
Great episode the characters, the world building, the endless creativity.. even in cg it's great to see !
Feb 2, 2020 12:29 PM

Nov 2019
Pretty awesome 5/5 episode
These smoke magic abilities are so interesting
Feb 2, 2020 1:13 PM

Aug 2013
Shin and Noi combination is always nice to watch.

I don't know why but I found the naked Noi doll creepy.

Feb 2, 2020 1:44 PM

Dec 2015
Can't wait to see what wacky fucking bait that guy throws out next week lmao
Feb 2, 2020 2:00 PM

Apr 2016
This series is sure out of mind, whatever happens is weird xD. Good episode.
Feb 2, 2020 2:46 PM

Aug 2018
The Turkey sorcerer didn't have to look so far to find his name lul

An episode focused on the antagonists but they are quite interesting to follow
Feb 2, 2020 2:51 PM

Jul 2017
To combat Caiman, the 4-man human sorcerer group expect more seasoned sorcerers (like Turkey) for their magic expertise to take him down. And well...that one manga frame didn't exist to show off the brutality.

To make things even more weird, a party for the living and the dead. With the safe obtained from the doll, another sorcerer again who can breath life into corpses through small devils. And thereforth seems like it's another case of derogatory power use, with boss En getting a weird animal as a sorcerer.

Meanwhile on the other side, Caiman and Nikaido are doing the same, finding a sorcerer-experimenting doc in a maze of a temple, and spending New Year's affectionately. How will this doctor be able to change their lives?

Not a perfect adaptation but still weirdly good.
Feb 2, 2020 7:16 PM

Jun 2015
This series is so weird and I really appreciate it since lately many anime adaptions have being lacking creativity.
NycroFeb 3, 2020 11:13 AM
Feb 2, 2020 11:28 PM
Feb 2015
Xstasy said:

You're the exact person I was talking about, and you're literally complaining just for the sake of complaining. You clearly don't have a grasp of how this show works and it's rather annoying. You should also really look up what edgy means, I feel bad bc you have no clue
yungthoticusFeb 2, 2020 11:35 PM
Feb 3, 2020 12:28 AM

Jul 2019
I just love the villains in this. They are one of the most likable villains in anime. I cant really think of funnier and actually good villains. I just love their chemistry together. Ebisu and Fujita are cute together. Of course En and his kitty in the end were funny. After we cut to the main character I was like "who cares about these guys, I want my villains"
Feb 3, 2020 3:36 AM

May 2019
Ebisu is so cute, its hilarious every time she's on screen.

I really liked the characterisation and world development in this episode.

We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths.
As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are.
That's what death is, don't you think?

------------------------------------
Itachi Uchiha
Feb 3, 2020 7:54 AM

May 2009
Dinner is served!
Feb 3, 2020 8:07 AM

Jun 2013
Duck Noi is so hot.
Feb 3, 2020 9:03 AM
May 2017
YeeYeeAss said:
I just love the villains in this. They are one of the most likable villains in anime. I cant really think of funnier and actually good villains. I just love their chemistry together. Ebisu and Fujita are cute together. Of course En and his kitty in the end were funny. After we cut to the main character I was like "who cares about these guys, I want my villains"

they are not villains, tho. The world of Dorohedoro is a morally grey one. there's not really a set of heroes and villains, more like different groups with different end goals. If anything, they are the antagonists, since they have a goal that goes against our protagonist's goal. But Kaiman and Nikaido are definitely not HEROES in the same way En and his ganag are definitely not VILLAINS.
Feb 3, 2020 9:22 AM

Jul 2019
RabidFish said:
YeeYeeAss said:

they are not villains, tho. The world of Dorohedoro is a morally grey one. there's not really a set of heroes and villains, more like different groups with different end goals. If anything, they are the antagonists, since they have a goal that goes against our protagonist's goal. But Kaiman and Nikaido are definitely not HEROES in the same way En and his ganag are definitely not VILLAINS.

I consider Nikaido and Kaiman as the good guys and Ens gang villains. But the point is that they arra good fucking group
Feb 3, 2020 9:56 AM

Aug 2018
This shit is getting better and better by every episode and goddam this show is soo fucked up and the whole dead bodies hanging from the ceiling and eating food is creepy as Hell
Feb 3, 2020 11:11 AM
Dec 2019
It one of those shows that you have to go with flow but the plot is straightforward.
Feb 3, 2020 11:11 AM

Jun 2015
Whayle said:
Maybe it's time to stop taking the bait

It's not a bait. Many people genuinely think like this. And honestly I welcome it since it triggers some people which results in tasty replies.
Feb 3, 2020 11:55 AM
May 2017
YeeYeeAss said:
RabidFish said:

I consider Nikaido and Kaiman as the good guys and Ens gang villains. But the point is that they arra good fucking group

yea, i mean, story is told in a way so that we root for Kaiman-Nikka and not for En-Gang (so far, at least). But think about it, have them done anything "heoric"? they go around killing people (magicians) and they don't really care wether they do anything bad or not. Their goal is "figure out who kaiman is and why he lost his memories". Nothing altruistic or noble about it. They are just 2 buff mf killing other mf. It's a very Mad Max world. When you read the comic you'll learn more about En and his family/Gang.

Can't wait for them to introduce the demons! the most fun characters by far in the manga.
Feb 3, 2020 3:24 PM
May 2019
When En see the woman use magic dust

"I En have a dream" *Piano intensifies*
Feb 4, 2020 12:00 AM
Jul 2018
It was a nice and funny ep, maybe i would enjoy it more if i wasnt sleepy. XD
Feb 4, 2020 2:25 AM

Jun 2015
Can anyone please tell me what the heck that doll was eating after attacking Ebisu? It looked like a long strip of meat. Did he bite off a chunk of Ebisu's flesh??
Also, do you guys think Ebisu's always been like that or is her state just a result of all she's been through (wacked in the head, face ripped off, zombified, etc)? This episode seemed to indicate the latter.
AnotherGuyFeb 4, 2020 2:38 AM
Feb 4, 2020 3:52 AM

Dec 2015
AnotherGuy said:
Can anyone please tell me what the heck that doll was eating after attacking Ebisu? It looked like a long strip of meat. Did he bite off a chunk of Ebisu's flesh??
Also, do you guys think Ebisu's always been like that or is her state just a result of all she's been through (wacked in the head, face ripped off, zombified, etc)? This episode seemed to indicate the latter.

Someone posted the manga screenshot in this discussion of that Risu puppet scene and it's a lot clearer what it's doing there (It's eating her intestines). They probably didn't wanna show that level of brutality for censoring reasons but hopefully they properly recreate it for the BD. Can't be that hard with CG.

And yes, Ebisu is getting more screwy the more she gets fucked with. It's an ongoing joke.
Feb 4, 2020 4:25 AM

Jun 2014
Man this show is so weird and crazy but I fucking love it lol.

And lol at that same idiot nitpicking over the dumbest shit every week. Imagine complaining about how different types of magic dont make sense in a show like THIS one, not to mention this show also has "Fantasy" in the genre for crying out loud.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Feb 4, 2020 6:22 AM
Mar 2019
Personally not really a fan of Risu´s character design in the anime.
Feb 4, 2020 10:18 AM

Jan 2020
This show really giving me some weird vibes sh1t lol

Every ep is getting more interesting

Made by k3ti
Feb 4, 2020 11:59 AM
May 2019
thebrentinator24 said:
Man this show is so weird and crazy but I fucking love it lol.

And lol at that same idiot nitpicking over the dumbest shit every week. Imagine complaining about how different types of magic dont make sense in a show like THIS one, not to mention this show also has "Fantasy" in the genre for crying out loud.

How dare people criticize something that I like, any story that I like is objectively good and without any flaws to suggest otherwise is a heresy.
They should also follow my example and instead of critically judgement they should just write a positive comments so creative that it could be automated by a script and applied to every episode of every animu ever.

Am I gonna refute any of their points using counter arguments?
Nah that actually requires effort, intellect and maturity above the age of 12 which clearly I don't have so it's better to just called them <insert insults here> that oughta show them.
It's a well known fact that If an anime has a fantasy tag on MAL then anything goes it obviously doesn't need any sort of explanation or logic just look at Fairy Tail.
If plot armor and immortal characters along with fake suspense and god awful CGI break any tension and willing suspension of disbelief they are obviously watching it wrong and nitpicking.

It also has a humor tag so it's obviously light hearted your not suppose to take it seriously except it's mystery that's totally not going to be an asspull resolved by using broken magical system at the end that the writer is totally not using as a mystery box to sting viewers along, that totally doesn't result into idk Tonal Whiplash.

After all nothing speaks lighthearted as stepping on human eyeballs, chopping there heads off, turning them into mushrooms and eating them, mutilating there faces, ripping there spine out and other totally not edgy over the top violence scenes that are totally not there just as a shock factor and fanservice.
No of course not they are light hearted dark humor™.

Speaking of humor, it doesn't matter that it's not funny it has a humor tag on MAL that's all that it matters just like Mob Psycho 100 has a slice of life tag.
Anime just needs to be weird and crazy it doens't need a coherent plot and good characterization, so what if all characters are one note, literal plot device, macguffins and mystery boxes it's weird and crazy that it is all that it matters.

Yeah try refuting those totally not vague and ambiguous reasons that could be applied to anything check mate <insert insult here> person that dares to commit a sin of having critical thinking and offering their opinion and criticizm in anime discussion episode of all places🤦‍♀️

Because everybody knows that anime discussion episode threads are not created for actual discussion, and critique, like dah are you stupid, they are just here so that fanboys can circlejerk and praise anime and it's episode as the best ever until the next episode arrives and repeat the same process all over again😏

And if somebody doesn't go along with circlejerk highly intellectual discourse for which you need to be a seasonal viewer of Rick and Morty to have any hopes of understanding they need to be bullied into leaving educated and enlightened to the awesomeness of anime in question by amazing insults intellect of it's fanboys rational™ critical™ thinkers™😉

Just remember the golden rules:
🍌 Anime gets good at X episode
🍌 Why are you watching it if you don't like it?
🍌 You can't judge anime until you watched it till the end
🍌 It's not edgy cause your <insert favorite anime> is edgy
🍌 It's not filler it's worldbuilding
🍌 It doesn't matter how bad the ending is or that mystery is bs it's the journey that matters not the destination.
Feb 4, 2020 12:04 PM

Jun 2014
Yeah.....I'm certainly not reading all that. All I'll say though is that I dont care if someone criticizes or dislikes something I like, just that it feels like the things you're criticizing seem nitpicky.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dorohedoro Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2020

204 by FarCritical »»
Mar 29, 5:06 PM

Poll: » Dorohedoro Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2020

65 by FarCritical »»
Mar 29, 3:12 PM

Poll: » Dorohedoro Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2020

69 by FarCritical »»
Mar 27, 12:01 PM

Poll: » Dorohedoro Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2020

70 by FarCritical »»
Mar 26, 9:43 PM

Poll: » Dorohedoro Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 29, 2020

75 by FarCritical »»
Mar 25, 5:35 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.