Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 21, 2020 2:30 PM

Jan 2020
Nek0 said:
Do I have to play FF I-XV to understand the story?

No cause FF7 is a whole other fantasy/story like each FF part for its own.
Apr 22, 2020 4:37 AM

Jul 2014
It was an amazing ride! I fcking bawled my eyes out at the ending, as someone who played
another thing that caught me off guard was that I thought this was gonna be the full game, I did not expect this to just be part 1.. no wonder I got confused where the other party members were. They're trying something new with the
Apr 22, 2020 10:02 AM

May 2011
I finished it last night at 60 hours. I really can't tell if I adore this game or if I want to slap Nomura, Nojima and Kitase. There is so much that is exactly what I wanted and more, but then they pull some dumb shit that makes you wonder what the hell they were thinking. They nailed the things I thought they were gonna screw up and then shat on what I thought they'd do right. I mean, the explanations are valid. The decisions were just not very smart for a release this big.

To end this post on a positive note, Masashi Hamauzu and others did great on the OST. Combat is SUPERB. Characterization is better than I could've imagined. So... I'll still buy the next installment. lol
Apr 22, 2020 10:45 AM

Oct 2016
This game was great idgaf it's 9/10
Apr 30, 2020 4:18 PM

Jun 2013
plutochan said:
Really enjoying the remake so far. Although, my concern is for how many games it'll take to complete the whole story line - hope it's not more than four.

Unfortunately, it will be more than 4 disc. We are not even close to City of Ancients for where the 1st disc end.
Apr 30, 2020 4:51 PM

May 2011
fNeL said:
plutochan said:
Really enjoying the remake so far. Although, my concern is for how many games it'll take to complete the whole story line - hope it's not more than four.

Unfortunately, it will be more than 4 disc. We are not even close to City of Ancients for where the 1st disc end.
There's no way they won't cut stuff out and merge important plot developments. Square Enix bit off more than they could chew.
Apr 30, 2020 6:08 PM
May 2018
Pink_Ribbon said:
Square Enix bit off more than they could chew.
Haven't played this remake myself yet, and who knows when I will, but I think S-E really is just planning to focus on FFVIIR for years in the future, and make something much bigger than we think, probably even putting aside FFXVI, and games after it.

It was, btw, always unrealistic to expect that this remake won't be more like reimagination, than anything else.
Apr 30, 2020 10:32 PM

Jul 2012
fNeL said:
plutochan said:

I think it will come down to how much they want to flesh out the individual areas as the series progresses. Like 1 optional area (Wutai) in the base game that was only mildly important for lore now has a much larger focus just based on the remake. They've also pulled a lot of references from side novels when making things like side quests.
But even having said that I would guess 3 episodes if they want each section to have an overall narrative arc since like the last half of disc 2 is heavily padded down by a lot of excess exploration options and minigame sections.
May 1, 2020 12:49 PM

May 2011
Psajdak said:
Pink_Ribbon said:
Square Enix bit off more than they could chew.
Haven't played this remake myself yet, and who knows when I will, but I think S-E really is just planning to focus on FFVIIR for years in the future, and make something much bigger than we think, probably even putting aside FFXVI, and games after it.

It was, btw, always unrealistic to expect that this remake won't be more like reimagination, than anything else.
I remember reading somewhere that another team is focusing on FFXVI now. I love FFVII with all my heart, but I'd hate for them to abandon XVI.

Well, we all knew it wasn't going to be 1:1. It's just that no one expected THAT much of a change.
May 12, 2020 12:26 PM

Aug 2018
Pink_Ribbon said:
fNeL said:

There's no way they won't cut stuff out and merge important plot developments. Square Enix bit off more than they could chew.

In agreement with you both. I'm nearly at the end of the game, and cannot help wondering when we'll reach the forgotten city. I only hope we won't have to wait every three/four years to complete a third (or half) of each disc. Perhaps this is wishful thinking, but hopefully they'll just jump straight to the point after Midgar, since there are still four additional party members.
May 12, 2020 12:29 PM

Aug 2018
Even though I did like the original I just can't muster up any interest for this remake. FF battle systems have been ass for the last several games not to mention the semi-realistic faces with crazy anime style hair and clothes is just creepy and weird.
May 12, 2020 3:37 PM

May 2011
plutochan said:

In agreement with you both. I'm nearly at the end of the game, and cannot help wondering when we'll reach the forgotten city. I only hope we won't have to wait every three/four years to complete a third (or half) of each disc. Perhaps this is wishful thinking, but hopefully they'll just jump straight to the point after Midgar, since there are still four additional party members.

I don't even think they know how to go about it. lol

epidemia78 said:
Even though I did like the original I just can't muster up any interest for this remake. FF battle systems have been ass for the last several games not to mention the semi-realistic faces with crazy anime style hair and clothes is just creepy and weird.

The battle system for this is near flawless. In my opinion, it's the best they've ever done.
May 11, 2021 5:42 PM
Dec 2017
Well you can't spell IGNorant without IGN.

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» What's the funnest local multiplayer game with friends.

SnipeStrike - Apr 16

9 by FanofAction »»
18 minutes ago

» Gacha Survey

Shizuna - Apr 11

45 by RobertsahDHDA »»
2 hours ago

» Rarest/Coolest gaming related things you own.

SnipeStrike - 5 hours ago

3 by Theo1899 »»
3 hours ago

» What are you playing right now? (v2) ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Oct 4, 2020

3503 by DesuMaiden »»
6 hours ago

» What's a hated game that you actually enjoyed?

SnipeStrike - Apr 13

26 by Theo1899 »»
Today, 1:21 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.