Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Toilet-bound Hanako-kun
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 30, 2020 9:21 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I really hope Nene starts finding ways to protect herself. Yet another close call but Hanako jumps in to make a save.

This Misaki Stairs arc has been quite an experience though imo especially with Yako being involved. She's such a prideful woman but also really entertaining to watch.
Jan 30, 2020 10:37 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Truly fantastic episode, that's where the directing style really shines IMO.

The presentation just pushes this up a few levels alone, best episode of the season so far.

Also Hanako x Nene <3
Jan 30, 2020 10:43 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
A kiss on the cheek :D this episode story was pretty sad but I really liked it ! I'm looking forward for the next episode
Jan 30, 2020 10:44 AM

Apr 2019
This episode was good and I feel like this anime is one of those that waiting for the episodes weekly may hurt it greatly.
Still great conclusion for the misaki stairs but I felt like the voice acting was weird at some points, might be me being stupid but oh well.
Jan 30, 2020 10:45 AM
Sep 2015
I want to see Hyuuga and Teru already!
Jan 30, 2020 10:52 AM
Aug 2019

Jan 30, 2020 11:57 AM
May 2017
Wow this got really dark. Yako's backstory was a tearjerker and the action scenes were awesome. Her kitsune form is adorable.
Jan 30, 2020 12:55 PM

Mar 2014
The Misaki stairs mini arc was so much fun. Yako's backstory was quite sad tbh. I hope we see more of her, it seems like she'll have fun interactions with the rest of the cast.
Jan 30, 2020 1:08 PM

Mar 2017
Poor Minamoto haha! I'm loving the little cute romance blossoming between Hanako and Yashiro, it's so darn sweet!

Hmm, I wonder who this green haired girl is?! I'm guessing she's another of the 7 wonders because she has Koku-Joudai, like Hanako has Haku-Joudai.
Jan 30, 2020 1:42 PM

Aug 2013
I feel sorry for Minamoto. They forgot about him lol.

The arc was pretty good if you ask me. Yako's backstory was sad.

Jan 30, 2020 1:56 PM

Sep 2007
kater_tot said:
Hmm, I wonder who this green haired girl is?! I'm guessing she's another of the 7 wonders because she has Koku-Joudai, like Hanako has Haku-Joudai.

Nope, not hers. You'll have to wait until episode 9~ at the rate they're going atm.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

MALoween 2023 Candies

MALoween 2022 Candies

Jan 30, 2020 2:10 PM

Feb 2019
Really good episode, loving this series, will have to pick up the manga. Def one of my faves of the season, wish it wasn't so slept on. Number 2's story is so sad with her never really having to comprehend death until the person she loved died... Really feel for her and almost empathise with her attempts.

Tags don't list it as romance but man I ship Nene and Hanako so hard. Hope they don't leave my boy waiting in doll form for too long lol. Green haired girl looks really cute, she's definitely up to no good. Can't wait for next week.
Jan 30, 2020 2:11 PM

Jun 2017
This mini arc was pretty great. I lost it at the franken doll they created lol.
Jan 30, 2020 5:40 PM

Nov 2011
Hanako basically asking at the end how THICK Nene is LOL!!!

Really good episode. The action was good and the story with Mizaki and Yako was really well done.

Wonder whats up with green hair. Looking forward to next week.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Jan 30, 2020 5:41 PM

Oct 2019
Marinate1016 said:
Really good episode, loving this series, will have to pick up the manga. Def one of my faves of the season, wish it wasn't so slept on. Number 2's story is so sad with her never really having to comprehend death until the person she loved died... Really feel for her and almost empathise with her attempts.

Tags don't list it as romance but man I ship Nene and Hanako so hard. Hope they don't leave my boy waiting in doll form for too long lol. Green haired girl looks really cute, she's definitely up to no good. Can't wait for next week.

If you searched up the sub-genres romance is there which makes me really happy, I ship them so much too ^ ^ <3
Jan 30, 2020 10:14 PM

Jun 2019
Yes! For now, I really love the pacing. Very fit as i think.

Poor Minamoto kun. 😂😂
Jan 31, 2020 2:20 AM

Aug 2018
kater_tot said:
Poor Minamoto haha! I'm loving the little cute romance blossoming between Hanako and Yashiro, it's so darn sweet!

Yeah, thats what i've been thinking. I still dunno why they're stalking Nene though.
Jan 31, 2020 2:23 AM

Aug 2018
I wasn't exepecting that Hanako x Nene lil moment <3 Hanako-kun is adorable though.
That lil kiss on the cheek was fluffy <3
Can't Minamoto-kun stay like that? He's so darn cute.
Jan 31, 2020 4:45 AM

Jul 2014
Finally a moment of my ship in motion
Time for the confession tree arc!
I cant wait to fangirl for teru
"Everyone fails sometimes
But dreams won't fade, dreams won't fade
Let's chase them as many times as it takes and don't lose
Because today after all is today and once you wake up, it'll be a new morning"

~Aqours~
Jan 31, 2020 5:43 AM

Oct 2007
decent episode. The class picture taking was an emotional scene for me. Feels like a shoujo manga story.
Jan 31, 2020 5:49 AM

Jun 2013
Plush Kou is adorable. He's more adorable than human Kou. He should stay as a plush forever.

Also, that kiss on the cheek! That was so freaking cute!

Poor Yako, she had no concept of death despite being a spirit herself. I hope she can meet Misaki's spirit at least once.
臭い-
Jan 31, 2020 6:21 AM
Jan 2020
I've seen some people talking about how Yashiro is a helpless girl who has to always be saved by cute boys. It's just... I don't think she's really as helpless as it seems.

The main trio consists of 1- a school mystery (what gives him the most power among them), 2 - a young exorcist who, although hasn't mastered his skills, was born with this power inside him and has had all his life to train it. And 3 - Yashiro. A normal student with no supernatural power at all.

She's not like them. She wasn't gifted with abilities to fight dangerous spirits. If we were in her place, we would be exactly like her. However, what she lacks in fighting she makes up for in doing well her duty as Hanako's assistant. She's the one who was most focused on finding Misaki's arm, she's the one who found out what Yako's yorishiro was and destroyed it, she's changing the rumors so that the apparitions won't kill students, and so on, all while growing in character. For a regular high school human in this new world she had no idea was real until she contacted Hanako, she's doing fairly great!

I think that we get the impression that she's just "one more damsel in distress" because the characters we have with her fit more naturally into the supernatural, but it doesn't mean she's bad. The opposite, actually. I hope people start noticing this soon.

(Also, the kiss on the cheek wasn't just fanservice. You'll find out more next episode ;)
Jan 31, 2020 6:35 AM

May 2019
Yako's a tsundere lmaoo

That kiss on the cheek was cute asf. I love Nene's reactions

We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths.
As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are.
That's what death is, don't you think?

------------------------------------
Itachi Uchiha
Jan 31, 2020 7:11 AM

Sep 2011
This was great, Yashiro was really brave and did what she had to do to save her friend and the others. Hanako-kun and Kou were also cool. Especially Hanako-kun with that kabedon + kiss on the cheek combo. That was cute. xD And talking about cute I loved Kou as a doll. Are they selling it as plushies yet? I want one. lol I can't believe they left him on the ground like that though. xD And poor Yako. Yes, she was doing that for herself, but she really wanted to see Misaki-sensei once more. They didn't even have a proper goodbye. At least people didn't die when she "sliced" them and it wasn't gruesome either, they "just" became dolls. Good thing that photo remained.
Jan 31, 2020 9:28 AM

Jul 2017
YIKES, the body parts they've found and submitted are somehow twisted. But most importantly, the 2nd of 7 Wonders of the School revealed: Misaki, in true form as Yako.

Nene mananged to find Aoi, but in dismembered form. If there's anyone capable of rescuing her, it's pushing Nene into the Abyss while Kou and Hanako take charge of fending Yako off until she's done.

Turns out, it's the teacher in question instead of the woman the boys are fending off now, that has a crush on him, and when he didn't show up, the infamous rumour appeared with base, to recreate another human.

Even with his Haku-Joudai, Hanako and Nene aren't out of trouble, and by destroying the precious "tailsman" unique to every wonder, the curse is broken. When all is said and done, Kou in doll form is funny, and the Inari figure is the ultimate true form of Yako.

The kabedon and cheek kiss from Hanako to Nene came totally left-sided, did not expect this sweetness. But otherwise, there seems to be evil within other than the 7 Wonders.

AND THEN there's Kou in doll form and abandoned, completely forgotten! HAHA! Wonder if Nene and Hanako would ever forget his presence heh xD
Jan 31, 2020 11:04 AM

Sep 2017
Stark700 said:
I really hope Nene starts finding ways to protect herself. Yet another close call but Hanako jumps in to make a save.

Yeah I agree. If she's going to be going on these supernatural adventures all the time it would be nice if she found someway to make herself useful besides being cute.
Jan 31, 2020 11:16 AM

Dec 2014
Well the dynamics are something.. hope we know more about Hanako san
Jan 31, 2020 11:30 AM
Nostalgia Addict

Feb 2018
Dropped
5.25/10 for me
IMO it's suitable for 10~13 age.

Edit: Is this really has a shounen genre ?
i think it's shoujo instead.
WIIXAndJan 31, 2020 11:33 AM
Jan 31, 2020 12:29 PM

Nov 2008
CUTE, SAD, AND WHOLESOME. I liked seeing Hanako get beat up too because I have issues lol

Yako would make a quality plush :<

My God, this boi is smooth as fuck. xDDD

@W8And YEah, it is shounen because of the magazine it runs in. The author's VERY good at appealing to a female fanbase though. I bet it's a woman. lol
ChiibiJan 31, 2020 12:43 PM

Jan 31, 2020 1:22 PM
Nostalgia Addict

Feb 2018
Chiibi said:

@W8And YEah, it is shounen because of the magazine it runs in. The author's VERY good at appealing to a female fanbase though. I bet it's a woman. lol

Ah i see you are right.
and according to what I heard yeah she is female.
Jan 31, 2020 1:33 PM
May 2014
Why does every episode of this anime feels like a chore to watch?
Jan 31, 2020 1:51 PM

Nov 2008
-Hentai said:

Because you need better taste. :| The show is fantastic.

Jan 31, 2020 3:55 PM

Aug 2018
Feels like the pace is well better than it was the last 2 eps, really pleasing.

A couple rival is entering the scene for our heroes, not gonna lie they look stylish and hot, both of them.

Stop bullying exorcist boy, he's doing his best why you do him like that :(
Jan 31, 2020 4:59 PM
Nov 2019
W8And said:

^think so too. also ain't impressed with nene finding herself in need of rescue every sodding time. and the romance (?) feels kinda forced, but that might really just be me, as i rarely like this side of anime. unless it's just hanako being a bit of a jerk, then i wouldn't mind. xD

but the art style is gorgeous and i like how it contrasts with the slightly macabre themes and, most importantly, i'm not too bored (though the first two eps seemed kinda weaker). also hanako's a fun character, i hope he gets a decent ending.
Jan 31, 2020 11:30 PM

Oct 2008
-Hentai said:

same here...
3/5.

Jan 31, 2020 11:32 PM
Apr 2016
W8And said:
Dropped
5.25/10 for me

littlecrisis said:

^think so too. also ain't impressed with nene finding herself in need of rescue every sodding time.

As a manga reader, (very vague spoilers)

And yeah, Nene's kind of a damsel in distress, so what? She's a 15 year old girl with no abilities, don't expect her to suddenly be some fighting expert. She still gets development and fans agree she's a very endearing character.
Feb 1, 2020 7:41 AM

Oct 2007
Tsukizono said:
W8And said:
Dropped
5.25/10 for me

littlecrisis said:

^think so too. also ain't impressed with nene finding herself in need of rescue every sodding time.

As a manga reader, (very vague spoilers)

And yeah, Nene's kind of a damsel in distress, so what? She's a 15 year old girl with no abilities, don't expect her to suddenly be some fighting expert. She still gets development and fans agree she's a very endearing character.

because it's getting tiresome... saved from mermaid, saved from mokke, saved from stairs. Can't the writers think of something else besides Nene getting rescued? Or they intend to stick to this formula to the last episode, so that the boys can feel good rescuing her?
Feb 1, 2020 9:37 AM
Apr 2016
Liddo-kun said:

because it's getting tiresome... saved from mermaid, saved from mokke, saved from stairs. Can't the writers think of something else besides Nene getting rescued? Or they intend to stick to this formula to the last episode, so that the boys can feel good rescuing her?

She keeps getting rescued because she's dumb, has no powers when encountering a spirit, and is used as a bait by Hanako, basically the situation requires her to be attacked because she's the easiest and most suitable target for the spirits every time. Also for the romance too i guess.

Fighting isn't her role in the story. She destroyed Yako's Yorishiro, empathised with her and helped her see another perspective. She's the heart of the series and pushes characters to develop. Not everything is about action, characterisation and emotional beats is what this series excels at, and the narrative progresses in a natural way that doesn't feel formulaic because of the mysteries surrounding the school mysteries and the romantic development.
Feb 1, 2020 10:07 AM
Apr 2019
LMAO these people... I dont know what you expect from this anime, but clearly Nene potrayed as normal human being so if she was saved everytime its fucking make sense.. or dont tell me you prefer some shounen bullshit i guess? Throw some flashback and suddenly OP skill gained? What a trash taste.

For me, she really cheer up the mood of this anime and I prefer it this way than being dark because its fit the art and style of this shows. And honestly i dont know why these people judging her as damsel in distresss chara when its just like 3-4 scenes she was saved. People seems blinded to see how hardworker she is when pursuing her love, or how she change mukke stories, how she destroyed misaki weakness and much more.

And i think this format is good enough. Hanako will do all the action and Nene more like emotional or psychologycal side like youkai backstories.

Well, if you want to read darker stories about youkai and seven mystery of the school i recommend you to read Visual Novel Higanbana Saku no Yoru ni, its very good.
JicaFeb 1, 2020 10:24 AM
Feb 1, 2020 1:52 PM
Jun 2013
W8And said:
Dropped
5.25/10 for me

>Series content includes dark themes, blood, violence and murdering, also slightly sexual jokes like boob and leg sizes.

>I think is a shoujo suitable for kids at 10 ~ 13

lmaoo!
Feb 1, 2020 8:11 PM
Nostalgia Addict

Feb 2018
Shinuki_n_Reborn said:
W8And said:
Dropped
5.25/10 for me

>Series content includes dark themes, blood, violence and murdering, also slightly sexual jokes like boob and leg sizes.

lmaoo!

Wow, i think i dont realized THAT SO much dark

but.. sexual jokes like boobs sizes ?

yeah now i think its +18, my bad.
Feb 1, 2020 11:00 PM
Aug 2016
W8And said:
Dropped
5.25/10 for me

As a manga reader, I think you're right in dropping it, even if it makes me sad to say that. Some things are just not someone's cup of tea ¯_(ツ)_/¯ You're better off spending your time consuming content you do like.

Also, genre is dependent on what magazine it's published in. Although personally, I think this fits smth like josei better because of the rather dark themes in later chapters.

In the case of Nene, I actually don't mind that much that she's a damsel in distress all the time.

I think a trope is only bad when that's all you are. Nene has a personality that meshes well with the other characters, so that's good enough for me. The anime won't reach it, but

It's why she's my favorite character. That's an unpopular opinion though.
mawaruunmeiFeb 1, 2020 11:14 PM
Feb 2, 2020 1:39 AM
Jul 2018
W8And said:
Shinuki_n_Reborn said:

lmaoo!

Wow, i think i dont realized THAT SO much dark

but.. sexual jokes like boobs sizes ?

yeah now i think its +18, my bad.

Since you already dropped the series, I will explain you why this series doesn't fit to an audience of children, as you think.

Please, now tell me, if these topics fit an audience of children. Not all the anime and manga show their true nature in the first episodes or chapters, like Attack on Titans and other titles. Despite some bits of nice comedy, the overall content of this manga is heavy and tragic.
Feb 2, 2020 1:52 AM
Jul 2018
Plus, the excellent quality of the drawings, makes this manga even more emotional. I think Lerche is trying to do their best, but actually the manga art gives you different, darker vibes, and I think the black and white is perfect.
Look at this picture VERY SPOILER
Feb 2, 2020 2:13 AM
Jul 2018
Another pic, always HUGE SPOILER

@W8And I'm not saying you must like this manga, don't worry. I'm only saying that you could try to understand NOW because its rating is so high on MAL, and the reason why manga readers have high expectations for the anime and they are telling you that you are WRONG in judjing its target. If this was Yokai watch, the anime wouldn't be a late night show. It's not like you can know the shows' target better than Japanese tv channels.

@mawaruunmei: Hanako is my favourite character, but Nene is also great. Same for Kou. All of them have very good characterizations. It's obvious as manga readers we have a more complete view about them. But some people should stop thinking all anime and manga can be easily judged after very few episodes/chapters.
removed-userFeb 2, 2020 2:47 AM
Feb 2, 2020 3:01 AM

Apr 2015
Officially the cutest show I've ever watched
Feb 2, 2020 4:06 AM
Sep 2019
This episode is just, scary moment, cute moment :D, TENSE moment, hapi moment, Anger moment, etc.
Eh I like the plot thouhg
Feb 2, 2020 4:21 AM
Nov 2019
Shinuki_n_Reborn said:

lmaoo!

I assure you I read and watched far more disturbing stuff by the age of 10. Gorish books were my favourite, in fact; I became squeamish only recently.^^
This show makes me feel like it's for a younger audience because of its art, but also and more importantly because of its simplicity and because the heroine is quite obviously on a path to self-discovery, which is a theme most valuabe to younger teens, as they can easily relate. That you disagree is fine, I can live with that.

Jica said:
LMAO these people... I dont know what you expect from this anime, but clearly Nene potrayed as normal human being so if she was saved everytime its fucking make sense.. or dont tell me you prefer some shounen bullshit i guess? Throw some flashback and suddenly OP skill gained? What a trash taste.

For me, she really cheer up the mood of this anime and I prefer it this way than being dark because its fit the art and style of this shows. And honestly i dont know why these people judging her as damsel in distresss chara when its just like 3-4 scenes she was saved. People seems blinded to see how hardworker she is when pursuing her love, or how she change mukke stories, how she destroyed misaki weakness and much more.

It was 3-4 major scenes in exactly as many episodes. And just so you know, a character doesn't need to physically kick ass to save herself. Figuring out other ways should've been the author's job, not mine, but say, maybe she could've gained some supernatural powers (albeit minor and not necessarily ones usable in battle) by ingesting the mermaid's scale and/or by forging the bond with Hanako. Maybe she could at the very least start getting used to the paranormal and actually try and run away from the threat rather than freeze up on place and wait for someone to push her out of the way (character development or something). But as I say, the author's job.
It's just getting tiring to watch the boys save her over and over. To each their own I guess.
littlecrisisFeb 2, 2020 4:33 AM
Feb 2, 2020 4:26 AM
Aug 2016
momoka16 said:
Plus, the excellent quality of the drawings, makes this manga even more emotional. I think Lerche is trying to do their best, but actually the manga art gives you different, darker vibes, and I think the black and white is perfect.

Whoa, those are some huge spoilers you dropped there. I think you should give up trying to convince them; they wouldn't understand the gravity of those events you mentioned unless they read through the manga themselves.

And, no offense, but I think you should take down those spoilers. I know it would be their own fault, but there might be some people here who do like the anime that would be tempted to view those spoilers, and it would likely ruin the story for them.
Feb 2, 2020 5:14 AM
Jul 2018
mawaruunmei said:
momoka16 said:

Whoa, those are some huge spoilers you dropped there. I think you should give up trying to convince them; they wouldn't understand the gravity of those events you mentioned unless they read through the manga themselves.

And, no offense, but I think you should take down those spoilers. I know it would be their own fault, but there might be some people here who do like the anime that would be tempted to view those spoilers, and it would likely ruin the story for them.

Sorry but I won't erase the spoilers, since they are clearly addressed to a person who already dropped the show and ins't interested in it. I don't want for him or any other person like him liking the series, but I think it's necessary make them understand why this series doesn't fit children.

This manga isn't "dark" because of gorish scenes, it's dark because of his topics that are really *heavy* and potentially even worse than what we manga readers already know if you think how

I don't know what can be worse than these topics, seriously. except if for some people "dark content" is only "graphic content", that to me is way lighter than "dark topics".
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Does the recently Aired spin off covered the missing parts of manga ? Or different story

chukesh007 - Jan 29

3 by emirw »»
Jan 30, 4:36 PM

» Can i get a song list

dicloflom - Dec 28, 2023

7 by dicloflom »»
Jan 12, 5:52 AM

Poll: » Jibaku Shounen Hanako-kun Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2020

139 by luviendsol »»
Dec 23, 2023 2:07 PM

Poll: » Jibaku Shounen Hanako-kun Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2020

54 by WELLERM »»
Dec 17, 2023 12:51 AM

Poll: » Jibaku Shounen Hanako-kun Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 12, 2020

55 by WELLERM »»
Dec 17, 2023 12:51 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.