Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 30, 2020 6:23 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ray took on a pretty tough monster this episode. Scary.

They put in a lot of action for the first half of the episode. Maybe it's to showcase Ray's strengths so far with his partner. The fight itself felt like one against a boss monster from a video game.

Ray grew a pair of animal ears lul
Jan 30, 2020 7:35 AM

Apr 2016
Imagine going into a boss fight and you don't bring a single debuff item. That penguin at the end ... he looks like he's in mc-kun's brother guild, they both weirdos in animal pajamas.
Jan 30, 2020 8:39 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
The penguin at the end was really a troller xD I hope to see him more
Jan 30, 2020 9:15 AM
May 2019
This was a fun episode, the penguin is such a troll I hope we see more of him LoL.
Jan 30, 2020 10:15 AM

Aug 2013
The penguin gave Ray animal ears lol.

Jan 30, 2020 10:30 AM

May 2014
It is really noticeable here that there is unnatural exposition. The characters are saying out loud things that they have no reason to say out loud, for the sake of informing the audience. There are better ways to do it.
Jan 30, 2020 10:42 AM
May 2019
TheDeedsOfMen said:
It is really noticeable here that there is unnatural exposition. The characters are saying out loud things that they have no reason to say out loud, for the sake of informing the audience. There are better ways to do it.

While there are many legitimate reasons to criticize this anime for that is just nitpicking.
Jan 30, 2020 10:48 AM

May 2014
Xstasy said:
TheDeedsOfMen said:

While there are many legitimate reasons to criticize this anime for that is just nitpicking.
I have already pointed out the more obvious things. No point repeating them in every episode.
Jan 30, 2020 11:33 AM
Jul 2019
Oh did that admin guy just said that to them players , it's just a game??? But in actuality, them players were in another world???
Jan 30, 2020 11:56 AM
Mar 2019
This is a contender for the worst anime I've ever seen. Everything is so cringe. I got a feeling there's gonna be some stupid plot twist, like there actually in a real world or Ray is some kind of Demi God.
ChazeaFeb 2, 2020 12:07 PM
Jan 30, 2020 12:49 PM

Apr 2014
Horn_dawg_2019 said:
Oh did that admin guy just said that to them players , it's just a game??? But in actuality, them players were in another world???

Its a lot more obvious in the LN, but since they cut out the Prologue of Vol 1, it isn't as obvious in the anime. But yes, a "virtual world" that can somehow simulate physics so realistic and consistent with AI indistinguishable from real humans and a time flow 3 times faster than reality is just so far above the technology of the real world in infinite dendrogram, that a lot of players just treat the game as made by aliens (un-ironically).

The idea that the game is a real isekai is also a popular theory in-universe, and a lot of Superiors actually know what the "game world" actually is (including Brother Bear, Figaro and Tsukuyo), since if you ask the Control AIs they neither admit nor deny the claim.

Its not "that" much of a secret, and doesn't stop a lot of characters from treating it like a game (some even enjoy torture precisely because the NPCs are actual humans, rape isn't banned and being immortal gods torturing living humans is very fun).

Offical policy of the Control AIs is that "you are free to believe whatever make you keep playing and sleep at night", if believing it to be a game helps you cope with whatever act you are doing, you are free to do so. Just treat it as a regular MMO, we'll eliminate any uncomfortable underlying truth from your perspective and ensure you get a happy MMO experience.

If you get more thrill from learning that it is real living human beings whose lives you are ruining, more power to you. You can play as a slaver, a sexual predator, a mass murderer who rips fathers from families, and eats a child in front of their mother. Go ahead, we will gladly tell you the truth of the world, if that makes for a better experience.

If you want to save this world from the claws of the Control AIs, you can also do that, we'll cheer you on either way, and tell you the name of some natives whose entire civilization got destroyed by us. You can go conspire with them and plan our destruction, if being a saviour is your cup of tea.
ap1001Jan 30, 2020 1:19 PM
"You had no free will, you chased your vices along the same path as all of the others." - Shikieiki Yamaxanadu, Diamond in the rough
Jan 30, 2020 2:05 PM

Jun 2017
Yeah, first it was Maple who got a convenient timed power up this week and now it's Ray lol.

That animal ear trolling was pure gold but...shouldn't Ray have died from the debuffs and poison? Since it wasn't a cure potion lol.
Jan 30, 2020 2:09 PM
Jan 2019
I want to see Ray. With animal ears. Topless..
Jan 30, 2020 2:17 PM

Apr 2015
So the ogre appeared and after a few minutes fighting the damn thing (and nearly dying), he recalled the Admin saying about the heart being in it's belly... I mean it was such an important tip that he almost forgot about it.. Wow I am so nitpicky lately.

Either way, that animal ear stuff hilarious.. but I swear if I heard correctly, who that penguin is voicing, I might get more exciting to see more now. Want to see more of him! I hope I am right.

MomoSinX said:
Yeah, first it was Maple who got a convenient timed power up this week and now it's Ray lol.

That animal ear trolling was pure gold but...shouldn't Ray have died from the debuffs and poison? Since it wasn't a cure potion lol.

Seemed more like a potion with a nice little side effect, he did say he felt better after drinking it. Besides that "convenient timed power" could have saved him there as well :p
CeddyyBearrJan 30, 2020 2:23 PM
Jan 30, 2020 2:37 PM

Feb 2019
"There's three things I never wear" Lol.

Despite the lacklustre ratings so far I really enjoy this show. The NPC interactions kinda feel like Log Horizon and the world is interesting, there's more to it than meets the high based on the guy in the computer room's monologue. May have to check out the LN's.
Jan 30, 2020 3:58 PM

Jul 2017
y'know for your average run of the mill isekai the fight scene actually wasn't too bad.

Mr.Franklin (? I'm guessing by the VA) seems like an interesting fellow as well lol
Jan 30, 2020 4:02 PM

Jan 2008
*dead bodies getting turned into particles being sucked into a box*
"This is too realistic."

Was never a fan of her sword form but definitely not a fan of her halberd form and especially not of those gauntlets.
Jan 30, 2020 5:28 PM

Nov 2017
I find it a bit weird that no one here has yet mentioned what the admin guy said about Gardranda not reaching its final form yet.
Can't wait for that to happen.
And the animal ears potion was also a status ailment cure,it seems.
Who am I kidding,I've read the LN so far,and so far I like what the anime's doing.
Though i'm not too keen on Ray's outfit,but we'll see.
Jan 30, 2020 7:28 PM
Jan 2017
The series is becoming more enjoyable with each passing episode. I wouldn't say the show has fully come into its own yet, but it's much better than it was when it started. I do like the fact that Ray doesn't immediately become OP when he starts the game, he survives the boss battle thanks to outside help and because Nemesis evolved at the right time. Talk about convenient. It's also a nice little detail that the series touches on the fact that NPCs aren't faceless statistics in a game, they're actual sentient beings with names and families. The best part of the episode has to be the ending, what with Ray almost getting himself killed with his new weapons and then the penguin guy making a fool out of him. I just hope that the show continues to improve for the rest of the season. It has a lot of potential and I don't want to see it wasted.
Jan 30, 2020 8:06 PM

Aug 2016
For those thinking that Nemesis' evolution in the middle of the battle is a stroke of luck...

whiters99Jan 30, 2020 8:11 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 31, 2020 1:17 AM
Mar 2019
CeddyyBearr said:
Either way, that animal ear stuff hilarious.. but I swear if I heard correctly, who that penguin is voicing, I might get more exciting to see more now. Want to see more of him! I hope I am right.

Matsuoka Yoshitsugu! Love his voice work, can be incredibly funny or serious depending on the scenario, and does it all splendidly.

Always nice to see hear his voice pop up in a new anime i'm watching! :)
Jan 31, 2020 1:35 AM

Jul 2017
Well, getting help straight from an NPC (or rather Marie the info-broker) in an MMORPG battle isn't something you'd see everyday. That's some needed help for Ray and his Maiden Embryo Nemesis, plus NPC Cheshire about the quest last episode.

And then once again with Bofuri (with Maple getting an upgrade), Ray does the same with Nemesis's 2nd form. Despite having limited options, and an unexpected ally, Ray overcame all odds to clear the boss. And of course, like any game admin would notice, Ray is offically on the watchlist.

To end it up, a penguin has to show up outta nowhere and provide Ray with a potion for animal ears. What a joke...kinda wanna know who he is under the hood.

For a run-of-the-mill isekai, this episode isn't half bad, the action still holds with decent animation.
Jan 31, 2020 5:24 AM
Sep 2017
The action is kinda good, but did they seriously trying to rush volume 2 in 2 episode?? Damn lot of great battle will be butchered since lack of explanation behind it ...

And sorry, I thought last week that they'll only adapt 3 volume but it's actually a mistake from me when I saw that they'll make three volume DVD/BD for this anime.
Jan 31, 2020 5:43 AM

May 2019
Those are some powerful bracers. Can't wait to see what kind of new combo attacks Ray creates.

Doctor Flamingo seems like a very interesting character.

We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths.
As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are.
That's what death is, don't you think?

------------------------------------
Itachi Uchiha
Jan 31, 2020 8:56 AM

Nov 2016
Is it bad that I thought "me too" with the last thing the pengüin said to Ray xD
Jan 31, 2020 8:14 PM

Oct 2008
Bwahahaha! Matsuoka-san's crazy voice once again!
4/5.

Feb 1, 2020 1:32 AM

Oct 2017
The fight was average but nice Nemesis evolved into her second form. Looks like that journalist girl might be a superior embryo user. Also some hints were given about this not being a game and maybe another real world.
Feb 1, 2020 2:23 AM

Jul 2016
Chazea said:
This is a contender for the worst anime I've ever seen. Everything is so cringe. I got a feeling there's gonna be some stupid plot twist, like there actually in a real world or Ray is some kind of Demi good.

This season alone has waaaaaaaaaaaaay worse with stuff like Plunderer.
Feb 1, 2020 11:11 PM

May 2009
Hero_Luka said:
Chazea said:
This is a contender for the worst anime I've ever seen. Everything is so cringe. I got a feeling there's gonna be some stupid plot twist, like there actually in a real world or Ray is some kind of Demi good.

This season alone has waaaaaaaaaaaaay worse with stuff like Plunderer.

Plunderer is better than this borefest
Feb 2, 2020 3:29 AM

Aug 2018
Prinny, dood! To think Elon-chan was really thwarted in the cat girl research field by a random penguin. It's a miracle.
Feb 3, 2020 10:16 PM

Dec 2017
Well, after this episode i expect nothing. It is just a generic rpg world with dull mc and dull plot.
Feb 4, 2020 6:30 PM

Oct 2010
Rook gots some mad taming skills. Thata a pretty handy pigeon bird thing
Feb 13, 2020 3:27 PM
Feb 2018
this was a great episode I like the fact Ray starting to see infinite dendrogram as a second reality not a game
Feb 14, 2020 3:00 PM

Mar 2008
“This entire world... is it really just a game?” I’m liking this better than Bofuri.

Feb 14, 2020 3:23 PM

Feb 2018
Epic battle xD, almost die.
Feb 17, 2020 5:58 PM
Sep 2012
Like the world but the characters are so painfully generic. MC especially so.
Apr 5, 2020 5:46 AM

Aug 2017
Hey, I liked the fight in this episode, less talk and more action.

Remove the penguin part. It was boring, annoying and cringe.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
May 2, 2020 2:52 AM

Jul 2015
So Ray could defeat a long Worm but had difficulty defeating an orc with bad breath...mmm...just a guess but his character is probably broken

Reminder, never accept something sketchy especially from a penguin named Flamingo, where is brother Bear when you need him?

Mar 21, 2021 4:12 AM
Oct 2017
Worst tank ever 🤣. Give him a shield or something.

Only positive of this episode is learning about the job:Pimp.
Sep 21, 2022 6:00 AM

Mar 2020
From what I see the script is ultra generous with the main character!!! *sarcasm*
May 22, 2023 6:21 PM

Oct 2022
Entertaining enough, but damn that fight was entirely plot armor. One second he expertly dodges...only to get literally kicked around the rest of the fight. None of that fight made any sense at all.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Infinite Dendrogram Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 9, 2020

172 by Overblown »»
Nov 23, 2023 2:15 AM

Poll: » Infinite Dendrogram Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 15, 2020

78 by gakuendo »»
Aug 16, 2023 12:26 AM

Poll: » Infinite Dendrogram Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 2, 2020

30 by toralbabs »»
May 24, 2023 8:31 AM

Poll: » Infinite Dendrogram Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2020

20 by toralbabs »»
May 24, 2023 4:46 AM

Poll: » Infinite Dendrogram Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2020

43 by toralbabs »»
May 24, 2023 1:51 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.