Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jan 29, 2020 9:11 AM

Dec 2017
I don't think this is gonna be good personally, but who knows.
Feb 5, 2020 1:30 AM

Nov 2007
New key visual
Character PV
Additional cast
OP: "Honjitsu mo Mokoto ni Hallelujah (本日モ誠ニ晴天也)" by Makoto Furukawa (also part of the cast)
ED: "Gondora no Uta (ゴンドラの唄)" by NOW ON AIR
Airing on Mondays at 23:00 (11:00 p.m.) via Tokyo MX, BS Fuji, and CS Family Theater starting April 13, 2020.
Pre-screening event on March 21, 2020
https://moca-news.net/article/20200205/2020020518000a_/01/

PV
https://moca-news.net/article/20200305/2020030518000a_/01/

12 eps. total
http://kimikoe.com/kitsutsuki/bddvd.html
tsubasaloverApr 13, 2020 7:45 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Feb 5, 2020 4:49 AM

Jan 2013
It's based on a novel. I have high hopes.
Feb 18, 2020 7:56 PM

Oct 2012
Adapted from a novel is always a super good sign, since it usually brings good pacing and an ending. And a historical mystery, I'll definitely check it out.
Mar 13, 2020 7:55 AM

Apr 2009
I read the novel since it was on sale (mere ¥380) and I was kind of interested in the anime itself. It's a set of 5 intertwined short stories that - while entertaining and ending with a surprising conclusion - are hampered by inane, silly reasoning which made me wince a few times. It might be passable for newcomers to the mystery genre, but for anyone who has ever come across a proper mystery novel, it will be ridiculous at times. It's more of a mystery setting than a proper mystery in and of itself. The novel's ~3/5 for me (at most), but I can see how it could be adapted to be much better than the original (which is rarely the case, but you never know).

The one thing that might be its saving point is:
Chromephone said:
Adapted from a novel is always a super good sign, since it usually brings good pacing and an ending.

that it does, in fact, offer an ending that allows no "buts" and "ifs" in. It ends rather than suspends. And in the time of so many manga / LN adaptations that offer no resolution with their last episode, it's a strong asset in itself.

Oh, for those who are allergic to this particular trope: while it's not strictly BL, it's got its share of quite obvious undertones that get tiring after a while. Who knows if they'll be adapted though.

Tl;dr might be good, might be bad. Does have a proper ending though, so it should be on your 3-episode-rule list for the season.

Mar 13, 2020 8:35 AM

Oct 2012
@Lustreless damn that's mildly disappointing. Well at least there will be bl. Next seasons other mystery show looks better.
Mar 13, 2020 8:53 AM

Apr 2009
@Chromephone
Sorry, if it helps there's a much more promising mystery show this season: https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1822070#msg59332204
It's not quite as serious and doesn't wink at using comic means to reach a proper resolution... but damn if it's not just pure, unadulterated fun. You might want to give it a bash once the spring season flings in.

Mar 13, 2020 9:31 AM

Oct 2012
Lustreless said:
@Chromephone
Sorry, if it helps there's a much more promising mystery show this season: https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1822070#msg59332204
It's not quite as serious and doesn't wink at using comic means to reach a proper resolution... but damn if it's not just pure, unadulterated fun. You might want to give it a bash once the spring season flings in.

Nice I will actually, thanks for the rec. Theres a lot of shows I'm interested in watching once they finish airing this season but somehow this one had fallen under my radar.
Mar 23, 2020 7:20 PM
Dec 2019
I think imma watch just for the historical setting (kinda worried about it tho...)... although I am already planning to watch another anime with Akutagawa as a character...
Mar 25, 2020 8:20 AM

May 2016
Is there any females in this Novel??
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 2, 2020 1:09 AM
Jul 2018
Lustreless said:
I read the novel since it was on sale (mere ¥380) and I was kind of interested in the anime itself. It's a set of 5 intertwined short stories that - while entertaining and ending with a surprising conclusion - are hampered by inane, silly reasoning which made me wince a few times. It might be passable for newcomers to the mystery genre, but for anyone who has ever come across a proper mystery novel, it will be ridiculous at times. It's more of a mystery setting than a proper mystery in and of itself. The novel's ~3/5 for me (at most), but I can see how it could be adapted to be much better than the original (which is rarely the case, but you never know).

Chromephone said:
Adapted from a novel is always a super good sign, since it usually brings good pacing and an ending.

that it does, in fact, offer an ending that allows no "buts" and "ifs" in. It ends rather than suspends. And in the time of so many manga / LN adaptations that offer no resolution with their last episode, it's a strong asset in itself.

Oh, for those who are allergic to this particular trope: while it's not strictly BL, it's got its share of quite obvious undertones that get tiring after a while. Who knows if they'll be adapted though.

Tl;dr might be good, might be bad. Does have a proper ending though, so it should be on your 3-episode-rule list for the season.
This was a helpful comment, thanks. Was tempted by the cast and setting but the silly reasoning might be off-putting. I'll pass.
Apr 4, 2020 2:37 PM

Sep 2009
Chromephone said:
@Lustreless damn that's mildly disappointing. Well at least there will be bl. Next seasons other mystery show looks better.

BL for sure? if it is, will watch, haha :D

Check out~ ♥ Some quality AMV:s made with love ♥ My Youtube
Apr 9, 2020 5:54 PM

Apr 2009
Lustreless said:

Chromephone said:

Thanks for the info, sounds what I was expecting. I like the time period and mysteries are my jam, so I'll be sure to check it out at least.

Apr 13, 2020 9:38 PM
May 2007

Not only OP is moe, but BD/DVD jackets too. What an era I'm living. /bliss
Jul 3, 2020 4:23 AM
Jan 2020
Statchana said:
Chromephone said:

BL for sure? if it is, will watch, haha :D

Sep 9, 2020 9:35 AM

Oct 2008
I am at ep 7 and enjoying it quite a bit. The design for the women in the anime is exceptionally good, the majority look gorgeous.
The anime reminds me a little of "Shouwa Genroku". It isn't as good, but close enough, not to mention, that cover art is misleading as all hell. It was because of it that I didn't have any expectations for this series and considered skipping it. So glad I didn't, would have missed a very good anime if I did.

More topics from this board

» Who is the voice actress in ep 8?

Teirayo - Apr 5, 2023

2 by Teirayo »»
Nov 6, 2023 2:20 PM

Poll: » Kitsutsuki Tanteidokoro Episode 2 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 20, 2020

30 by lazy_complex »»
Nov 4, 2023 1:04 PM

Poll: » Kitsutsuki Tanteidokoro Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 29, 2020

20 by Kitty-Kate »»
Jul 16, 2023 1:15 PM

Poll: » Kitsutsuki Tanteidokoro Episode 4 Discussion

Stark700 - May 4, 2020

18 by Kitty-Kate »»
Jul 16, 2023 9:05 AM

Poll: » Kitsutsuki Tanteidokoro Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 27, 2020

34 by Kitty-Kate »»
Jul 16, 2023 8:38 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.