Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Itai no wa Iya nano de Bougyoryoku ni Kyokufuri Shitai to Omoimasu. Episode 4 Discussion

Bofuri: I Don't Want to Get Hurt, so I'll Max Out My Defense.
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jan 29, 2020 6:00 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
If I was Maple, I'd more more careful about event monsters. Those type of monsters usually have more special abilitles or are tougher variants than the regular ones.

I have to admit though, she is brave for trying to undertaking quests like that without hesitation. That takes courage.
Jan 29, 2020 6:07 AM

Apr 2010
The girls obtained pets and cute ones at that.
the had to defeat a strong bird for that they and they had a pretty hard time with the bird.
And they also need to watch out for Pvp players.
Anyway the girl was waiting for them in the end and the question is is she an ally or an enemy.
This could get interesting.
Jan 29, 2020 6:32 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Nice battle in the ice realm, and now they have pets that's cool
Jan 29, 2020 6:45 AM

Aug 2013
Both Maple and Sally are pretty strong though they sort of struggled against that bird creature. It was funny how those admins, I'm assuming those little characters are the admins, were going crazy since Maple and Sally defeated that bird.

It nice to see that they have pets now.

Jan 29, 2020 6:50 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
That turtle is unbearably cute
Jan 29, 2020 6:58 AM
Aug 2018
They got pet pekomon or digimon
Jan 29, 2020 6:59 AM
May 2017
Yikes! The fanservice positions were creepy!

Other than that I liked this episode. Lmao they started playing pokemon near the end. Syrup and Oboro are both adorable! The boss was basically Galarian Articuno. It's good to see then struggling so much. LMAO at how the devs reacted. Finally Kasumi, the cool samurai girl from the op and the ed appears.
Jan 29, 2020 7:04 AM
Sep 2015
Turtle pet look like it'll have high defence and Fox pet look like high speed, so it's kinda mirror the user? And poor Korumo... he was defeated by bird boss within a minute.
I'm very convinced that Sally is related to no.1 top rank player. She has reason not to loss.
Jan 29, 2020 7:05 AM

Dec 2014
well nice they got familiars now...
Jan 29, 2020 7:40 AM

Jan 2018
I like Maple has the Cover Move. I wonder if she can use it without aiding her partner.. anyway, theyre showing again some good angles lol
Jan 29, 2020 7:48 AM

Jun 2012
New BGM for new boss, I like it. And the fight was fun to watch. Maple's cover move is kinda cheating though......
.again XD, she still took no damage using it.

And I love seeing those dev team stressing themselves when Maple broke their again Lol.

Love those pokemon as well, I thought it was fitting when Maple got herself a turtle since it's also slow but it was funny when it was revealed to have more AGI than her.
Jan 29, 2020 7:54 AM
Oct 2019
- This suddenly turned into pokemon...
- Her: Sixth place isn't worth remembering?
Me: No, I don't think it is.
Jan 29, 2020 8:07 AM

Oct 2007
really enjoyed the fight of Maple and Sally vs. Silver Wing! Tough boss. They worked hard to get the silver medals + 2 eggs.

the turtle is faster than maple..

these two eggs remind me of the alchemist pets in ragnarok online. more nostalgia :)

and lastly, samurai girl appears.. can't wait for next week!

Jan 29, 2020 8:09 AM

Jan 2016
those pets are so adorable man, makes me wonder if this is CGDCT anime ,also i dont even remember that samurai girl tbh was she even i the previous episodes?
Jan 29, 2020 8:09 AM
May 2019
The boss fight was epic it reminds me on dark souls with it's transformation.
The pets are cute, also turtle is faster than maple LoL.
We will see in the next episode how well Maple handles pvp.
Maple and Sally make such a cute couple UwU
Jan 29, 2020 8:10 AM

Nov 2008
This episode is so inspired by Pokemon, you got an icy bird reminiscent of Articuno, which is surprisingly OP and the hatching familiars (Both are cute especially the turtle.). You know your agility sucks when a turtle has higher agility than you.

Jan 29, 2020 8:35 AM
May 2017
DustyGirl said:
those pets are so adorable man, makes me wonder if this is CGDCT anime ,also i dont even remember that samurai girl tbh was she even i the previous episodes?

She was shown in the background as one of the participants at the start of the 2nd event.
Jan 29, 2020 8:52 AM

Dec 2016
The cuteness of Maple & Sally can't compensate to how boring and repetitive this title is becoming.

They stumble a unique dungeon, beat the unbeatable boss, adquire items with broken stats, rinse & repeat.

Hope the new character goes somewhere, unlike the other heavy shielder and blacksmith that are pretty much just decor.
Jan 29, 2020 9:22 AM

Feb 2008

So incredibly cute.

The boss fights were actually rather thrilling, particularly the last one. Even Maple did not walk away unscathed. Thankfully, she managed to earn a rather noble skill in the nick of time.

I cannot help but sympathise with the developers as they struggle to unravel Maple's mysterious ways...
Jan 29, 2020 9:29 AM

Jan 2008
Game mods, or whatever they are, are already trying to nerf Maple again by removing skills rewards that could make her even more busted.
Jan 29, 2020 9:42 AM

Aug 2018
So they basically defeated a sort of world boss reputed unbeatable : nice achievement !
Jan 29, 2020 9:43 AM

Jul 2015
Developers in full damage control mode.

It seems they didn't see Maple getting the feather. Probably an overpowered item. Maple will break this game beyond repair.

Jan 29, 2020 10:00 AM

Jan 2018
Kimurah said:
The cuteness of Maple & Sally can't compensate to how boring and repetitive this title is becoming.

They stumble a unique dungeon, beat the unbeatable boss, adquire items with broken stats, rinse & repeat.

Hope the new character goes somewhere, unlike the other heavy shielder and blacksmith that are pretty much just decor.

May i ask why continue to watch the anime if its not entertaining for you?
Jan 29, 2020 11:15 AM

May 2015
So cute, So adorable, SO LOVABLE!!! God I love this series and Maple so much!

I love hearing Maple call out skills. She has a really nice and cute voice. "Cover Move! Cover Move! Cover Move! Cover Move!" XD.

Seeing Maple stroke the egg saying "Mommy" was adorable AF!!! Sally realizing Maple was on 1HP was also hilarious.

The admins are really busy with Maple LMAO!! They've never get a break.

Love this girl so much. She's too perfect and too dam adorable! Best girl of the season!!!

DarknessRealityJan 29, 2020 11:40 AM
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 29, 2020 11:23 AM
Mar 2017
I wonder what the anime is following anymore at this point, it strayed too far from the source material
Jan 29, 2020 11:44 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
If anything New world isn't lacking in terrain variety that it presents to its players. Funny how Maple was the one that encountered the random trap. Cover move while useful in this instance sure was a risky one giving it causes damage to its user. Hmm thats mighty generous of Maple in handing out the medals that they found to her friend. The second boss that they faced though proved to be much more powerful thanks to its adaptive attacks as well as its intelligence. The two pets that the eggs hatched though sure were cute. While cute the two also gave some flexibility to the girls while providing companionship. Looks like Kasumi finally makes her entrance. Overall a solid ep that managed to deliver a rather hard fought boss battle that managed to give Maple and Sally their first real challenge within the game. Though hard fought it managed to not only allow Maple to gain some new skills but also make her realize that teamwork and friends are also important as well. Looking forward to seeing how this confrontation with Kasumi goes though as she looks tough. Monster pets though sure is a rather curious thing to feature within the game.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 29, 2020 12:04 PM

Jun 2017
That was a dope fight. Maple using Cover Move to keep up was cool, in before nerf. Still, considering that she probably has the highest def in the game right now that boss was pretty broken to bring her down to 1 hp. (heck if not for that skill she would have been beaten) It was also hilarious how the game masters freaked out lol.
Jan 29, 2020 12:06 PM
Mar 2011
Imagine having all of these gaming medals, and you still get carried by your noob of a friend who never played an mmo
My Karma ran over your Dogma
Jan 29, 2020 12:11 PM

Nov 2014
I like how Maple keeps finding some broken mechanics. Makes it feel more like a real game, even if sometimes they get too OP. If this kind of Cover Move existed in a game, it's exactly how players would use it.
I'm a bit surprised they avoid PvP. Sally sure seems to be the type who likes that and Maple didn't really have any problems fighting people during first event.
Jan 29, 2020 12:13 PM

Jul 2017
The devs in full damage control mode was incredible, A+ episode. And now Sally and Maple have little friends, I'm so happy for these new moms!
Jan 29, 2020 12:47 PM

Jan 2014
Zaphkiel_El_Rem said:
New BGM for new boss, I like it. And the fight was fun to watch. Maple's cover move is kinda cheating though......

And I love seeing those dev team stressing themselves when Maple broke their again Lol.

Love those pokemon as well, I thought it was fitting when Maple got herself a turtle since it's also slow but it was funny when it was revealed to have more AGI than her.

Her cover move wasn't cheating, it was her sudden new skill that really showed any kind of cheating. Without it, she and Sally would've lost for sure.
Jan 29, 2020 1:07 PM

Apr 2018
Easily better than pokemon sun and moon.

I'm really enjoying this series and it just keeps getting better.
Watashi wa a victim of cyberbullying. Everyday someone online calls me a "weeb" desu. Watashi won't stand for this. 26 percent of bullying victims are chosen due to their race or religion desu. I may look like a basic white boy, but deep down I am Nihongo desu. Watashi religion is anime. Anata wa bullying me because of my race and religion desu ka? Disgusting desu. Anata should be ashamed of yourself, racist pig. A baka gaijin like anata is probably jealous of my race and culture, cause Nippon is more sugoi than your shitty country desu. Watashi pity anata. You'll never be Nihongo like watashi. Educate yourself on nani a "weeb" is.
Jan 29, 2020 1:08 PM

Dec 2016
Sinbad200 said:

Because I can.
Do I need a bigger reason?
Jan 29, 2020 2:22 PM

Oct 2017
Another great episode. Cute girls. Gorgeous art and animation. Light-hearted adventure. Enjoying the hell out of this.

janiwolf said:
Yikes! The fanservice positions were creepy

That's a funny way of spelling "sexy".

Seriously though, don't ruin the discussion threads with that BS. This is anime. The girls are cute and there's a sexual element to it. Don't like it? Fine, but shut up and let other people enjoy it without your judgmental crap.

I welcome more fan service. These girls are top tier cute. Especially Maple. Short with narrow shoulders and small breasts for a girlish upper half but plenty developed below the waist. A dream for fans of the petite girl. Makes me very happy to see the production aren't afraid to show them in a slightly sexy light, as is tradition.

[EDIT: Forgot to point out that this person actually used "yikes". Christ dude, Go back to Twitter where legions of normies are waiting to like and retweet your anti-anime rhetoric. This is a forum for anime fans.]
“In individuals, insanity is rare; but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule.”
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Aggregate scoring is bad for the anime fandom
Jan 29, 2020 2:30 PM

Apr 2015
The fights so far really doesn't disappoint! Articuno, is that you?! It's impressive that they defeated it, but it wasn't going easily this time around. I love the bit where afterwards the developers talk about it being an "impossible to beat" boss and when they realised Maple & Sally beat it, they instantly wanted to check up on her before she gets more broken skills!

That Venom Capsule was pretty funny, it's a good way of thinking cause her movement is so slow and immune for poison, but best part was Maple not realising that the Vemon she was covered in will actually harm Sally. Silly girl and her OP skills.

So Maple & Sally both have an egg now. Maple got a turtle out of that... how fitting XD Pokemon in a nutshell to be honest!
Jan 29, 2020 2:52 PM

May 2014
I was starting to get bored of this, so I dropped it. I had my suspicions when I read the synopsis, but this confirmed it. Everything is just too perfect, and there is an absence of conflict. There aren't even any friendly arguments. The comedy was getting too tedious as well. Cuteness alone just doesn't cut it. It's unfortunate, but there we are.
Jan 29, 2020 3:00 PM

Sep 2013
"We've made an enemy that's supposed to be impossible to beat, and we've hidden behind some really incredible rewards behind it too!"
"Oh no, the OP player we're trying to nerf has now gotten those rewards!"
Jan 29, 2020 3:21 PM

Oct 2007
Xstasy said:
The boss fight was epic it reminds me on dark souls with it's transformation.
The pets are cute, also turtle is faster than maple LoL.
We will see in the next episode how well Maple handles pvp.
Maple and Sally make such a cute couple UwU

yeah, nice fight. Even more after we learned that boss was meant to be undefeatable. Maple give the developers a hard time.

based on the ED, looks like they will be able to grow that turtle to giant size. xD

Jan 29, 2020 4:37 PM

Nov 2017
You know,I wasn't really expecting much from this anime,but damn,it delivers on nearly all fronts.
Except for the OP and ED,not too keen on them,but the series itself is well worth the watch.
Jan 29, 2020 4:48 PM
Feb 2009
these butt shots wouldn't be so awkward if they weren't lolis lol
Jan 29, 2020 4:54 PM

Jun 2012
Ellenwitch said:
Zaphkiel_El_Rem said:

Her cover move wasn't cheating, it was her sudden new skill that really showed any kind of cheating. Without it, she and Sally would've lost for sure.
I don't think so, undying skills are kinda normal to some RPG games. I've played tons of characters that had such similar abilities.

That cover move is much more OP, she's supposed to be more vulnerable in that state but she isn't and it could be use multiple times.
Jan 29, 2020 5:46 PM

Jan 2011
Zaphkiel_El_Rem said:
Ellenwitch said:

I don't think so, undying skills are kinda normal to some RPG games. I've played tons of characters that had such similar abilities.

That cover move is much more OP, she's supposed to be more vulnerable in that state but she isn't and it could be use multiple times.
don't want to point fingers everytime this show does something dumb with actual game mechanics but to add undying skills are common death knights in wow have one where you're undying for a few seconds but die unless you are healed same with dark knights in ffxiv was kinda a blatant ass pull that she got it right there but it's a fair skill for tanks to have.
that cover skill is some silly shit that fact it's on a non cooldown cast with little next to no range limit paladins in ffxiv have one but you have to be very close to the other player or else the cover link breaks off and you can't spam it.

but hey the pets were cute
Jan 29, 2020 6:47 PM

Nov 2011
Yo Syrup and Oboro are kawaii AF!!!

I gotta say I do love the fights in this anime. The animation is really well done.

Oh yes Samurai girl next week <3

YossaRedMage said:
Another great episode. Cute girls. Gorgeous art and animation. Light-hearted adventure. Enjoying the hell out of this.

janiwolf said:
Yikes! The fanservice positions were creepy

That's a funny way of spelling "sexy".

Seriously though, don't ruin the discussion threads with that BS. This is anime. The girls are cute and there's a sexual element to it. Don't like it? Fine, but shut up and let other people enjoy it without your judgmental crap.

I welcome more fan service. These girls are top tier cute. Especially Maple. Short with narrow shoulders and small breasts for a girlish upper half but plenty developed below the waist. A dream for fans of the petite girl. Makes me very happy to see the production aren't afraid to show them in a slightly sexy light, as is tradition.

[EDIT: Forgot to point out that this person actually used "yikes". Christ dude, Go back to Twitter where legions of normies are waiting to like and retweet your anti-anime rhetoric. This is a forum for anime fans.]

There's barely fanservice in here too. Thats the funny part there were 2 scenes where I can remember where I went "Oh those camera angles!" The first was when Sally stuck her head in the hole, and the 2nd was Maple recovering from her slime ball. Thats it lol.
SoraSenpaiJan 29, 2020 6:51 PM
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Jan 29, 2020 6:51 PM

Sep 2019
Idk how this show is as good as it is but I love it, and the pets are so cute
Jan 29, 2020 7:10 PM
Jan 2017
Maybe I'm being a bit too cynical, but I just don't buy the fact that Maple is becoming a matter of concern for the administrators just because she beat a boss in an event. I don't know how things work in MMORPGs, but in my opinion, this show hasn't done a good job at establishing Maple as a badass, since most of the time, she's been surviving by the skin of her teeth and gaining help from her more experienced friend. This show is good for pleasant and wholesome fun, but if you want a more intense story with excellent character development and world-building, you may want to look somewhere else.
Jan 29, 2020 7:30 PM

Mar 2019
It’s a funny they take the trouble to animate well the action scenes here, at least moreso than shows like Nanatsu no taizai 3 season are (a painful fact considering that NNT is an action anime) even though it should only be a slice of life with video games girls where they are supposed to have fun. Baffling because they have actual animators animating actual animation but the problem is the level of writing that is dead in this series.
Have just one of those animators browse some webcomics for about five minutes and steal their jokes.
Hell, have one of those animators play an MMO for five minues so you understand how they work. You have a bunch of supposed developers/admins sitting in a circle, lamenting that their unbeatable boss was easily beaten despite them giving it somewhat higher stats.

That's not meant to be a joke.

That's story exposition.
Jan 29, 2020 8:15 PM

Mar 2008
The administrators put in a impossible boss only to be beaten by Maple and Sally. Then they are trying to find ways to restrict Maple even more for it. They can eat a bag of dicks.
Jan 29, 2020 8:17 PM

Jan 2018
Kimurah said:
Sinbad200 said:

Because I can.
Do I need a bigger reason?

ofc, you need a reason or else you are just wasting your time
Jan 29, 2020 8:29 PM
Jul 2019
The pink admin I am sure that it is Misaki Kuno who plays it and the yellow one is Yasuhiro Takato.This episode I loved it.And the pets.The pets are too cute I LOVE this anime.I love you Maple
PetsetaMay 29, 2020 9:33 AM
Jan 29, 2020 9:14 PM

Apr 2017
these fan service takes were very cringe, but other than that the episode was good at all, expecting a well-constructed story here is just a waste of time, it's a fun and funny anime and that's all
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Itai no wa Iya nano de Bougyoryoku ni Kyokufuri Shitai to Omoimasu. Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 4, 2020

95 by Gvendoline »»
Mar 1, 3:37 AM

Poll: » Itai no wa Iya nano de Bougyoryoku ni Kyokufuri Shitai to Omoimasu. Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 26, 2020

168 by Gvendoline »»
Jan 18, 3:02 PM

Poll: » Itai no wa Iya nano de Bougyoryoku ni Kyokufuri Shitai to Omoimasu. Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 5, 2020

123 by Gvendoline »»
Jan 17, 7:19 PM

» Unacceptable Developer Response to Maple (spoilers through Ep. 3) - I'm cancelling my MMO subscription

Oiisu - Jan 14, 2023

12 by Foreall908 »»
Jan 16, 9:52 PM

Poll: » Itai no wa Iya nano de Bougyoryoku ni Kyokufuri Shitai to Omoimasu. Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Aversa - Jan 6, 2020

282 by Gvendoline »»
Jan 16, 5:50 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.