Forum Settings
Forums

Studio Colorido Produces 'Nakitai Watashi wa Neko wo Kaburu' Original Anime Film

New
Jan 27, 2020 5:39 PM
Jan 2017
Studio Colorido announced an original anime film titled Nakitai Watashi wa Neko wo Kaburu on Thursday, scheduled to open in theaters on June 5. The main cast, staff, a teaser visual (pictured), and a promotional video were also unveiled.

Synopsis
Miyo Sasaki, nicknamed "Muge" meaning "infinitely mysterious," has a bright personality and is full of energy at school and at home. She is also in love with her classmate Kento Hinode. Miyo tries repeatedly to get Kento's attention, but he takes no notice of her. She realizes that the only way to get close to him is to transform into a cat, but at some point, the boundary between herself and the cat becomes ambiguous.

Mirai Shida (Karigurashi no Arrietty) will star as Miyo Sasaki and the cat, Tarou. Natsuki Hanae (Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso) will voice Kento Hinode.

Staff
Director: Junichi Sato (Tamayura), Tomotaka Shibayama (Hai to Gensou no Grimgar assistant director)
Script: Mari Okada (Sayonara no Asa ni Yakusoku no Hana wo Kazarou)

PV

Official site: https://nakineko-movie.com/
Official Twitter: @nakineko_movie

Source: Oricon News

Nakitai Watashi wa Neko wo Kaburu on MAL
NaruleachFeb 12, 2020 12:46 AM
Jan 27, 2020 7:02 PM

Jul 2017
Oh hey, another romance film in the works, excited to see how the romance plays out in this one

Ah who am I kidding, the romance in romance movies are laughable at best save for sequel movies (ala Tamako Love Story, Chuunibyou etc.) or a few Ghibli films

Really digging the colour palette used though
Jan 27, 2020 7:20 PM
Jan 2018
On one hand, it's directed by Junichi Sato; I've only seen two things directed by him and one I gave a 10/10, and I plan to watch most if not all of his other works.

On the other hand, it's written by Mari Okada, who I've given a 6/10 at best, and I'm very uninterested in her works.

They've worked together before on the Amazing Twins OVA, and it's the least frustrating thing Mari Okada has ever written; maybe it's because Sato held back some things from the writing, or because it lacked enough episodes to piss me off.

I might just watch it for the visuals from Studio Colorido, but I don't just want to sit through it and give it a 6 like with Maquia, Kiznaiver & Dragon Pilot.

I'll just hope for the best.
Jan 27, 2020 7:27 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
mari okada bad amirite guys haha
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Jan 27, 2020 8:15 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Okay, this certainly looks great! I’ve heard Penguin Highway was quite the success, so here’s to hoping this’ll be another treat for the fans!

Synopsis sounds really adorable but gives off a light bittersweet vibe, totally a fan of those! Mari Okada on board too makes this a must-watch!

Hopefully, there’ll be screenings of this in my place.

On another note, Natsuki Hanae-san sure is getting a lot of roles lately.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jan 27, 2020 10:27 PM

Feb 2014
hope it does have feels like the title implies

"For the sake of humankind, I forsake my humanity." - Cherry
Jan 27, 2020 11:23 PM

Feb 2013
Deafness said:
Mythologically said:
damn, they got a guy who hasn't directed anything good since 2003 and two clowns together for a movie made by a studio that only makes mediocre movies. haha i am very excited for this one

He directed Hugtto Precure one of the best shows of all time only a couple years ago.

It's sad that it's ignored because it's a kid show, like all kid shows.
Jan 27, 2020 11:46 PM

Jun 2014
Is that SouSou's art in the cover pic. Can someone confirm that? If so, what a pleasant surprise!!!!
Jan 27, 2020 11:51 PM
Apr 2016
Mari Okada is becoming a problem. Or has one. After I have read the synopsis, I said "this is something Mari Okada would think of doing". Guess whom I have found in the "scriptwriter"? No need.
Re:formed
Jan 28, 2020 1:10 AM

Nov 2019
I really don't understand how so many people love Mari Okada's works
Jan 28, 2020 1:18 AM

May 2015
I was gonna say "inb4 Mari Okada hate", but I guess I was too slow.

Jan 28, 2020 2:54 AM

Oct 2015
Certainly looks like something to put on your watch list.

Latest Blog: BLARE FEST 2023
Latest Review: Hyouka

Jan 28, 2020 3:10 AM

Feb 2017
I was excited to see new Colorido project until I saw Okada as writer. Directors seems really good so we'll see how it goes.
Jan 28, 2020 3:35 AM

Sep 2014
Cats are overused in anime for no reason. They aren't even cute. There are thousands of more interesting animal in the world so why a cat? Why not a ferret? It would be 10 times better
Jan 28, 2020 7:15 AM
Apr 2019
Nemesis16 said:
Deafness said:

He directed Hugtto Precure one of the best shows of all time only a couple years ago.

It's sad that it's ignored because it's a kid show, like all kid shows.
never been a kid show is the best of all time. lol it's just heartwarming nothing else lol
Jan 28, 2020 3:34 PM
Sep 2018
Hrybami said:
Cats are overused in anime for no reason. They aren't even cute. There are thousands of more interesting animal in the world so why a cat? Why not a ferret? It would be 10 times better

Cats aren't cute? say that again, how dare you.
Jan 28, 2020 4:07 PM

Sep 2014
Elessar44 said:
Hrybami said:

What's with the over-protection to cats? What did they do to you to benefit such biased protection? No, cats are fucking hideous I can't stand it I want to kick it whenever I see one. They are screwing with the wildlife all around the world and human are even helping them in doing so with their over-protection. It's ridiculous how such an useless piece of garbage that do nothing in their whole life can just go away and kill every other creature around when they have plenty of food already. This species is the plague of our world and it seriously need to extinct or else I'm doing it myself. I have the right tool for that in my garage.
Jan 28, 2020 4:38 PM
A Monster

May 2018
I am so excited to see this anime. It looks really good and I love the atwork and the storyline. I believe it is going to an excellent anime and I absolutely love cats btw
"Never Give Up Without A Fight" By Zuko
Jan 28, 2020 7:25 PM

Sep 2011
This looks pretty jolly. Definitely ready for this one.

"They escaped the weight of darkness,
to forge a path into the marrow of the spirit.
They chose to drown in a deeper vacancy,
an emptiness that quells the null,
a pool for the forgotten..."
Jan 28, 2020 7:41 PM
Sep 2018
Hrybami said:
Elessar44 said:

What's with the over-protection to cats? What did they do to you to benefit such biased protection? No, cats are fucking hideous I can't stand it I want to kick it whenever I see one. They are screwing with the wildlife all around the world and human are even helping them in doing so with their over-protection. It's ridiculous how such an useless piece of garbage that do nothing in their whole life can just go away and kill every other creature around when they have plenty of food already. This species is the plague of our world and it seriously need to extinct or else I'm doing it myself. I have the right tool for that in my garage.

Hey, to each their own, but your reaction seems pretty extreme. You're not actually planning on killing any cats right? Cause that'd be fucked up.
Jan 28, 2020 8:28 PM
Jan 2020
This is honestly truly adorable and i want to know about this. Can't wait to see his reaction when he realizes he's been hugging a cat but not really a cat
Jan 29, 2020 5:16 AM

Aug 2012
I loved Penguin Highway, so i'm excited for this.
Jan 29, 2020 12:34 PM

Jul 2019
I really want to see this movie
Apaixonado por jogos e animes.
May 20, 2020 10:43 AM
May 2020
Does anyone know if this movie will be in American theaters?

More topics from this board

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - 11 hours ago

20 by NoktoH »»
13 minutes ago

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Apr 18

95 by RobertBobert »»
1 hour ago

» 'Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou' Season 3 Unveils Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

2 by BankaiGoku »»
Yesterday, 11:26 PM

» TAAF 2024 Anime of the Year Winners Announced

Snow - Apr 19

10 by malvarez1 »»
Yesterday, 8:38 PM

» Netflix Announces 'Garouden: The Way of the Lone Wolf' Anime for May 2024

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

10 by malvarez1 »»
Yesterday, 8:37 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.