Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jan 25, 2020 11:08 AM

Jul 2011
I enjoyed the Battle Royale manga and movie so much that it becomes one of my favorite franchise, and i also like the survival game aspect of The Hunger games, and my favorite reality show is Survivor, so its natural for me to check any survival anime out there because i just like the genre.... BUT WHY IS EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM ARE SOOOOOOOOOOOOO BAD?!!!!
The most important thing i look for in an anime is the writing and the characterization, and most fail at that...

Mirai nikki, Deadman wonderland, and BTOOM! are TRASH TRASH TRASH
I droped Big Order in it's first episode.
The first season of Danganronpa is so-so (didnt bother watching the next one)
Juuni Taisen is almost ok but they decided that it's a good idea to spoil the killing order so it felt really really really flat.

why......why does the survival genre in anime medium are like this.... why.....?

If anyone have any suggestion please tell me...................
Jan 25, 2020 4:35 PM
Mar 2019
Dansai Bunri no Crime Edge
Jan 25, 2020 5:11 PM
Aug 2017
If you wanna experience Danganronpa better, don't watch the anime, it's better to play the games. The anime feels way too rushed in comparison and there are plenty of scenes that are better handled in the game. The second game doesn't have an anime adaptation, though
WILL YOU STOP WHINING!?
No I don't understand! You snap at people, you're scary, you tried to eat me, but you're also kind and you're filled with life!
You gave me a name when I was a number, you gave me that compass, you taught me what it means to be alive!
That's why I care about you Velvet! I'll protect you for my own sake. I don't care if you're malevolent, or if it was pointless! If it's a mistake to love you, then I"ll fight the whole world! A world without you, Velvet, is the one thing I couldn't bear!
Eat my arm, just leave me the other one! I need it to clobber the jerk who made my Velvet cry!
-Laphicet, Tales of Berseria

Jan 25, 2020 5:26 PM

Oct 2017
millo said:
I enjoyed the Battle Royale manga and movie so much that it becomes one of my favorite franchise, and i also like the survival game aspect of The Hunger games, and my favorite reality show is Survivor, so its natural for me to check any survival anime out there because i just like the genre.... BUT WHY IS EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM ARE SOOOOOOOOOOOOO BAD?!!!!
The most important thing i look for in an anime is the writing and the characterization, and most fail at that...

Juuni Taisen is almost ok but they decided that it's a good idea to spoil the killing order so it felt really really really flat.

why......why does the survival genre in anime medium are like this.... why.....?

Danganronpa 1 and 2 (yeah just stick with these 2, don't bother with spinoff ones, they're bad) the GAME are very good. Anime version are all bad .

Anyway, yes in anime realm the battle royale genre are mostly trash, this serie is no exception (after ep4 I'm certain this serie is trash), and the main reason is usually because they tend to use HIGH SCHOOL KIDS with gifted special power as all the battle royal participants which break every logical sense and thrill of this genre.

The only battle royale type of anime I think it's good is Fate Zero. (In fact F/Z is phenomenal)
Jan 25, 2020 6:21 PM

Jun 2012
I love Battle Royale the film - one of my all time favorites and I love the genre.

Magical Girl Raising Project and Gantz are good, but I like Mirai Nikki and Btoom so our tastes are probably different. Basilisk isn't a "game" but it is a death match and pretty much my favorite anime.
Haunt-botJan 25, 2020 6:26 PM
Shoot first, think never.
Jan 25, 2020 7:07 PM
Jan 2019
Kuro_Kaen said:
what is this anime a survival one?
Jan 25, 2020 7:33 PM

Jul 2019
millo said:

maybe Fortnite :)

jk
Jan 25, 2020 8:44 PM
Mar 2019
ayalazhar08 said:
Kuro_Kaen said:
Yes, it's a battle royal anime. It's really good
Jan 25, 2020 9:18 PM

Jun 2012
What is this nonsense when the trilogy of Hunger Games is just as bad as Big Order. I don't get your taste at all.
Jan 26, 2020 4:42 AM
Jan 2019
Kuro_Kaen said:
ayalazhar08 said:
Yes, it's a battle royal anime. It's really good
really I never thought it's a battle royal donna check it out for sure
Jan 26, 2020 8:09 PM

May 2009
Thread moved from the Darwin's Game series board.
Jan 26, 2020 9:35 PM

Jan 2020
Ughhhh I'm not sure if these will be to your tastes but I've seen:
Ousama game
Mahou shoujo site
Dorei-ku the animation
Corpse party (They are not trying to kill each other though they have to escape)
You jump to the right and you shake that hand

You jump to the left and you shake that hand

Meet new friends

Tie that yarn

And that's how you do the Scarn

Woo
Jan 26, 2020 9:56 PM
Jan 2019
I really liked Sekirei but it was kind of ruined by fanservice and the fact that it didn't get an ending. Still, it is probably the best battle royale style anime I have seen.
Jan 26, 2020 10:41 PM
Aug 2013
Sword art online
Gantz
Death parade
No game no life
Overlord
Log horizon
Hunter x hunter 2011 (greed island arc)
~AnimeDownUnder~

Jan 28, 2020 5:17 AM
Aug 2013
You should also check out bus gamer
~AnimeDownUnder~

Jan 28, 2020 7:13 AM
Jan 28, 2020 8:27 AM

Jan 2020
I find it interesting that you didn't like Mirrai Nikki anyways try Accel World, Seraph of the End, honestly you might as well try tokyo ghoul.

More topics from this board

» Please recommend anime that has plot/tone sci-fi + fantasy?

Donkunsan - Yesterday

18 by mo_lave »»
58 minutes ago

» new season, need recommendations

silversaint - Yesterday

6 by DMind »»
Today, 2:05 AM

» Looking for any recommendations really

TabonyBoy - Apr 16

12 by PostMahouShoujo »»
Today, 1:02 AM

» Grim series for tonight

LoveYourEyes - Apr 1

15 by r3v3l3v3l »»
Yesterday, 10:09 PM

» Anime similar to live-action action movies?

Skuletor - Yesterday

6 by Skuletor »»
Yesterday, 4:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.