Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
In/Spectre
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jan 26, 2020 6:22 PM

Mar 2019
Loved the second part of this ep. That look and punch at the end was priceless (≧▽≦)
Jan 26, 2020 6:30 PM

Oct 2008
such a small world! Kotoko instantly met the ex of his current (self proclaimed) bf! lolz!
5/5.

Jan 26, 2020 6:56 PM

Jul 2016
Zienger said:
SouthRzVa said:

Most likely, yes. There was a 2 years gap for them to get closer together after all.

Or... Kotoko was just lying. I doubt it tho.

Saying something doesn't make it truth. Kotoko was lying. She is pretty delusional about her „relationship” with Kurou.

Delusional? More like a mix of over-confidence and the joy of just messing with Kurou.

That aside, I honestly hope she wasn't lying. They spent two years solving problems together after all so it would be kinda disappointing if nothing happened between them in that time.
Jan 26, 2020 8:28 PM

Nov 2019
Pretty great episode 8/10
This shows dialogue and scene direction is kinda strange
Jan 26, 2020 9:46 PM

Jun 2012
I'm glad I didn't believed Kotoko's theory with the snake god. Because it really sounded ridiculous to begin with.

And another time skip, I'm surprised Saki still haven't moved on. It was 2 years and it's not like they were married. Well it was funny when Kotoko was making fun of her though.
Jan 26, 2020 9:55 PM
Aug 2018
Zaphkiel_El_Rem said:
I'm glad I didn't believed Kotoko's theory with the snake god. Because it really sounded ridiculous to begin with.

And another time skip, I'm surprised Saki still haven't moved on. It was 2 years and it's not like they were married. Well it was funny when Kotoko was making fun of her though.

They were close to being married. It says that he was her fiancé and if you read the manga. It tells us that they were extremely close to marriage but everything changed when the Kappa appeared
Jan 26, 2020 10:03 PM

Jun 2012
ZKisara said:
Zaphkiel_El_Rem said:

They were close to being married. It says that he was her fiancé and if you read the manga. It tells us that they were extremely close to marriage but everything changed when the Kappa appeared
Oh, so they were engaged. Okay, I guess I missed that detail.
Jan 27, 2020 2:59 AM

Feb 2014
The conclusion about the case with the snake god felt satisfying. The whole story about the lady in question felt dark and tragic, but it did a good job in introducing the show's concept of mystery as well as the interesting dialogue between both Kotoko and the snake god.

The 2-year time skip felt a little sudden, but it didn't hurt the pacing at all. Saki looks really nice in the police uniform, but she still has bad memories of the kappa when she used to date Kuro.

Inevitably, Saki would go up against the steel lady Nanase ghost, but she encounters Kotoko, whose fighting the spirit as well. The way Kotoko drops the "deflowering" was very sudden and who knows if she's gone that far yet or not, but either way, her introduction to Saki was really funny.

She already got bopped on the head once, but after introducing herself to Saki as Kuro's girlfriend (hard to tell if she REALLY telling the truth here or lying once more) and wearing a happy smile on her face, she got punched in response! XD

What a funny way to end this episode. Can't wait for the next one now, where I hope these funny interactions continues. =3
Jan 27, 2020 4:16 AM

Sep 2019
The Taxi Driver on the way back: (.)_(.) "I should question... but I won't."

Heck, imagine telling the police"So I was on the phone talking about this girl's big tiddles, but then BAM, some BIGGER tiddles are right in front of me on the road and I panicked and drove off!" I mean, fair, most guys would probably be the same.

A time skip is interesting, for a choice. At least we'll get into the thick of their relationship... that deflowering part certainly leaned into that. Like damn, and if there isn't a relationship... well, I'll just be sad.
"You know you've reached peak quality when a doujin is better than the actual source series." (Eg. To LOVE-Ru)

Just to list a couple of biases.
Likes: A good story, characters, writing, romance, a good plot twist or something that breaks expectations (In a good way), 'backstory' and justice.
Dislikes: Bad romance, too much fanservice, the harem genre, yuri, yaoi, and bad writing.

Jan 27, 2020 5:12 AM
Aug 2018
StormShaun said:
The Taxi Driver on the way back: (.)_(.) "I should question... but I won't."

Heck, imagine telling the police"So I was on the phone talking about this girl's big tiddles, but then BAM, some BIGGER tiddles are right in front of me on the road and I panicked and drove off!" I mean, fair, most guys would probably be the same.

A time skip is interesting, for a choice. At least we'll get into the thick of their relationship... that deflowering part certainly leaned into that. Like damn, and if there isn't a relationship... well, I'll just be sad.

From reading the manga. I can confirm that she wand the deflowered. Kotoko makes a lot of lewd jokes but they are still jokes in the end.

Tbh, no one really knows if she had any lewd activity with Kuro because the manga never tell us if they did or not. I just feel that she is just joking based on the mood, but hey this is just a guess as a reader.
Jan 27, 2020 5:23 AM

Jan 2011
The ex-fiancee is still looking fine, she should have kept her hair long though, but character development. It's a bit satisfying knowing that she's been living with depression since dumping her ex. I like her a bit more now. At least she regrets it.
Being deflowered shouldn't be the most painful thing in the world, how hard did he jam it in?
Jan 27, 2020 11:24 AM
Apr 2018
i wanted to punch her myself
Jan 27, 2020 12:28 PM

Jul 2014
Other than the fact that we've had a time skip so soon, this was a solid episode. Kotoko and Saki's interactions were a pretty funny way to end the episode as well.
Jan 27, 2020 2:07 PM

Nov 2013
well...as soon as they stopped talking about the corpse, the story got watchable again lol the 2nd half was quite fun to watch, specially the "i'm the current girlfriend" and her reaction to it lmao
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Jan 27, 2020 6:24 PM
Mar 2019
great to see them expand the cast a bit more. Makes it more interesting and opens up new possibilities.
Jan 27, 2020 6:25 PM
Mar 2019
winddevil1 said:
well...as soon as they stopped talking about the corpse, the story got watchable again lol the 2nd half was quite fun to watch, specially the "i'm the current girlfriend" and her reaction to it lmao

yeah, that was hilarious, can't wait for all the memes from that.
Jan 27, 2020 6:28 PM

Apr 2019
Kotoko for best girl of winter season!!! Without her the series wouldn't be that good. Can't wait to see her showing her real power
Jan 27, 2020 9:36 PM

Feb 2015
This anime is getting too relaxed, I’m getting kind of bored. Re-introduce Saki, that’s not that bad idea, the interactions between she and Kotoko could be really funny, Saki looks like a serious girl so far.
Jan 27, 2020 10:12 PM

Jul 2014
Finally things got interesting again, didn't like the prev ep thought it was gonna go downhill from then on, glad it got better instead. This is like Owarimonogatari first eps with the whole mystery thing going on.
Also.. god damn Saki is one hot popo! compared to Kotoko who's a loli twig haha.
Jan 28, 2020 1:43 AM

Jul 2016
Mikenshi said:
Can't wait to see her showing her real power

Since when did this show ever stated Kotoko grained some "awesome" powers from becoming a God of Wisdom?

You will be disappointed if you seriously believe she have some kind of epic powers or fighting skills lol.
Jan 28, 2020 4:13 AM

Nov 2015
I don't like the last scene of the opening , the mc is leaving , normally these scenes spoils that the MC is leaving , either dies or just moves away or at the very least rejects her.
Jan 28, 2020 5:25 AM
Aug 2018
MahiaErebeaNegi said:
Mikenshi said:
Can't wait to see her showing her real power

Since when did this show ever stated Kotoko grained some "awesome" powers from becoming a God of Wisdom?

You will be disappointed if you seriously believe she have some kind of epic powers or fighting skills lol.

Yeah, the only power she received was the wisdom of a god. It’s Kuro who does the action for her
Jan 28, 2020 5:27 AM
Aug 2018
Ahri-is-cute said:
I don't like the last scene of the opening , the mc is leaving , normally these scenes spoils that the MC is leaving , either dies or just moves away or at the very least rejects her.

Um, Kuro can’t die. He is an immortal after eating the mermaid flesh. Also, he never rejected her, their relationship is wonky but it doesn’t stop, rather their relationship keeps going at a very slow pace
Jan 28, 2020 5:53 AM

Jan 2014
Rytakahashi09 said:
I still don't understand why would somebody disgusted by a boyfriend who can heal himself instantly and make that a reason to break up a relationship.

Yeah that was stupid... Instead of trying to accept him she just ran away. Though she did admit it at the end and faced the monster.

Anyways best episode so far.
Jan 28, 2020 7:27 AM

Nov 2015
ZKisara said:
Ahri-is-cute said:

Um, Kuro can’t die. He is an immortal after eating the mermaid flesh. Also, he never rejected her, their relationship is wonky but it doesn’t stop, rather their relationship keeps going at a very slow pace

For now , we don't know later , and like I said , it doesn't have to be death , can be simply leaving , moving to another city or rejecting at the end or something like that
Jan 28, 2020 11:52 AM

Nov 2014
I was a bit bothered that she knew all those details when talking to the serpent. It turns out it was mostly just a bluff lol.

That 2nd part was nice. Tho I assume deflowering part was just a joke - from what I read here Kuro still didn't accept her, and she didn't hve much chances with anyone else cosidering her unusual lifestyle and being in love with him since she was 15.
I really hoped he will also appear in that scene. I wanted to see that triangle.

The best thing about this episode (or 2nd half to be precise) was that it still felt pretty light. A lot of comedy, not overly dramatized memory parts and quick end to the more tense scene that was fight.

Kotoko confirmed top tier waifu!
JustAnotherShiroJan 28, 2020 11:55 AM
Jan 28, 2020 2:27 PM
Aug 2018
Ahri-is-cute said:
ZKisara said:

For now , we don't know later , and like I said , it doesn't have to be death , can be simply leaving , moving to another city or rejecting at the end or something like that

Relax
I can assure you that he never left her if that is what you’re worried about
Jan 28, 2020 2:44 PM

Jan 2019
Rytakahashi09 said:
I still don't understand why would somebody disgusted by a boyfriend who can heal himself instantly and make that a reason to break up a relationship.

Its not really about him being able to heal himself. Its because she realized that the "monsters" viewed him as a "monster". Thats when she realized what her boyfriend really was.
Jan 28, 2020 3:01 PM

Jun 2012
Ahhh will they really skip 2 years?! I wanted to see how their relationship developed... that part is always interesting. Any manga reader knows if the story will backtrack and focus on that?
Jan 28, 2020 5:23 PM

Dec 2018
what? the cute girl receiving unjustified violence instead of the MC boy?
that distant era of Index and all those trash novels with aggressive tsunderes have died 😆
Jan 29, 2020 12:08 AM

Jul 2017
The weird age gap romance didn't completely both me, because it seemed one-sided, but I think it's kinda gross that they carried on with it anyway. Hot take: Kurou isn't good enough for either Kotoko OR Saki, he's a pretty boring male lead tbh. His only interesting quality is the ability that scares off yokai, and even that isn't explored properly so far (though I hope it will be later on). People calling him the MC... they sure have an unique way of reading the story, I guess.

Otherwise, I'm very glad Kotoko and Saki were able to interact. They have a fun Sherlock/Watson dynamic, so I hope Saki isn't written out after this arc.
Jan 29, 2020 1:30 AM

Jul 2016
Fede_5000 said:
that distant era of Index and all those trash novels with aggressive tsunderes have died 😆

What does Index and other LNs has something to do with this anime?
MahiaErebeaNegiJan 29, 2020 3:39 AM
Jan 29, 2020 5:04 AM
Aug 2018
minniemoon said:
The weird age gap romance didn't completely both me, because it seemed one-sided, but I think it's kinda gross that they carried on with it anyway. Hot take: Kurou isn't good enough for either Kotoko OR Saki, he's a pretty boring male lead tbh. His only interesting quality is the ability that scares off yokai, and even that isn't explored properly so far (though I hope it will be later on). People calling him the MC... they sure have an unique way of reading the story, I guess.

Otherwise, I'm very glad Kotoko and Saki were able to interact. They have a fun Sherlock/Watson dynamic, so I hope Saki isn't written out after this arc.

Actually Kuro is the Mc. One of them because Kotoko is the other one. It’s right on his bio and as a reader I can tell you he does have an important role but that is for the next episodes to decide :)
Jan 29, 2020 5:51 AM

Oct 2015
Not a bad show. Very Interesting.

Latest Blog: BLARE FEST 2023
Latest Review: Hyouka

Jan 29, 2020 7:29 AM

Dec 2018
Fede_5000 said:

that several years ago there was the tendency to make this type of anime. Nowadays, few such are seen, the most recent was Val x love
Jan 29, 2020 12:18 PM

Jul 2017
ZKisara said:
minniemoon said:

Actually Kuro is the Mc. One of them because Kotoko is the other one. It’s right on his bio and as a reader I can tell you he does have an important role but that is for the next episodes to decide :)

I would still say he's the deutoragonist at best, Kotoko clearly has more screen time and narrative focus, at least in the anime. Kurou simply serves as a love interest and plot device for now. But it's good to hear that he'll have more development later on! I actually don't hate him as an individual character, I just think he's kind of boring at the moment since his personality hasn't fully been explored.
Jan 29, 2020 6:13 PM

Mar 2016
Ex gf got a def upgrade with that new hairstyle! Im crushing so fucking hard now!

Also not a big fan of timeskips, I hope the jump works out but Im hesitant.

Also, (not worse than getting deflowered), makes me wonder how bad this guy is in bed. Foreplay can do wonders, my friend.
Jan 29, 2020 9:27 PM
Aug 2018
Wallanimx said:
Ex gf got a def upgrade with that new hairstyle! Im crushing so fucking hard now!

Also not a big fan of timeskips, I hope the jump works out but Im hesitant.

Also, (not worse than getting deflowered), makes me wonder how bad this guy is in bed. Foreplay can do wonders, my friend.

A lot of people been talking about the time skip. Relax, it was originally in the manga so you guys can stop worrying about missing anything important because the time skip never changed anything.
Also. Please don’t take Kotoko’s lewd jokes to seriously. I can confirm to you guys that she was definitely not deflowered and that they never had any sexual activities. The only sexual thing is the fact that Kotoko loves making lewd jokes so expect more in the future.
Though people may question on whether they are actually in an active relationship. At first it’s rocky but it soon develop... only at a very slow pace. Read the manga for more detail is you like. It’s very good and I hope people will take their time reading it because just like the anime, it’s heavy with dialogue.
Anyways that’s all. Just wanna promote the series more because it’s quite underrated despite being at 3rd place in this season.
Jan 30, 2020 7:52 AM

Jul 2017
So if I take this the correct way, the Guardian Serpent story is meant as a breather to understand the story and the setting in place for the 2-year gap for a start, which is where we landed right in Chapter 15 (which was weird, but case in point, if considering the time gap). I'd thought it was strange to start with such a story, but it ended up forming the basis for the 2nd half of the episode, which dives back to Chapter 2. SO IT WASN'T FOR NOTHING.

The only minor gripe that the story from Episode 2 should've ended then and there, but I'd guess that for such a heavy dialogue series as this, nothing could be afforded to be left out, and this'd be for the best.

Getting into policewoman and Kuro's ex-girlfriend Saki, and the yokai rumors on Steel Lady Nanase was a treat though. Because she coudn't see eye-to-eye with Kuro having manifested yokai when he was young, their complicated relationship ended, and just like that, she also is manifested into the yokai world, with more fear creeping in.

When Saki found Kotoko perchance, along with Steel Lady Nanase, she thought that it's her chance to resolve her fear, but looks like Kotoko has the upper hand again. But believe me, the short banter between both girls are funny, especially when it comes to Kuro.

ysphyr said:
Also Kotoko's precious face seconds before getting whooped
Great image!
Jan 30, 2020 6:31 PM
May 2018
I was a bit put off at first when she just flatly said it was all a lie... but then I remembered that the serpent didn't originally request the truth, but rather just an explanation it would be satisfied with. Interesting choice by the author.

I'm really curious about their relationship, especially after the time-skip. We miss out on the entire first two years they're together, so I have no idea if or how far they've progressed. I wish I knew whether or not Kotoko was being truthful to Saki or just teasing her with that off-hand remark.
Jan 30, 2020 6:41 PM

Mar 2012
Pretty strong start it's interesting.
I really don't like kotoko tho she is pretty annoying.
Jan 30, 2020 10:27 PM
Mar 2014
Its refreshing to see such beautiful character design and not the typical anime character design (not saying I don't like them) also Kotoko's a sweetheart. Shes kawai, soft spoken (jpn actrs) and really funny. Episode 3 was more entertaining then the others though, specifically the last few minutes I couldn't help but remind a few times
Feb 1, 2020 12:36 AM

Nov 2017
This is more like it. Time for a fight with the ex-girlfriend. Protect your lover!

Her eminent loliness. *Bows
Feb 1, 2020 2:00 AM

Apr 2015
In certain ways a warped version of Hanako-san this season.

And almost as cute

Fede_5000 said:

that several years ago there was the tendency to make this type of anime. Nowadays, few such are seen, the most recent was Val x love

The most recent one is currently airing lol, Hatena Illusion.
Feb 1, 2020 3:53 PM

Feb 2018
Rip oppai idol xD.
Feb 1, 2020 4:18 PM

Mar 2009
Return to form. Much better than the previous episode.
Feb 1, 2020 10:05 PM
Mar 2017
Kotoko managed to close the case of the corpse in the lake and now the giant snake was more satisfied with his doubt, but now we move forward two years later where a new ghost appears and this is extremely aggressive and sensual.

At last we know Saki better, although with the timeskip we now learn that she is a police officer, but the most important thing is that we finally know why Saki broke up with Kuro, it seems that she was frightened by the fact that Kuro heals himself and this left her traumatized.
Somehow, Saki gets involved in the strange case of "the steel lady Nanase" and for her bad luck she ends up in a fight between the steel lady and Kotoko, the first conversation was so much fun, since Kotoko is still quite bold and his jokes are somewhat risque.
Saki faces Nanase's ghost but it is useless since she could not hit her, but it is Kotoko who rescues Saki in time.

After a brief talk, Saki introduces herself and Kotoko's face was priceless and then she also introduces herself and also clarifies that she is Kuro's girlfriend, which in response was a hard punch by Saki, I swear I couldn't stop laughing with Kotoko's face before she got that punch, poor little Kotoko, her lovely little face.

Taking the subject a bit apart, I admit that Saki with short hair looks more feminine and attractive, a difficult opponent for the adorable Kotoko.
About the timeskip I already expected it, I read the manga a while ago, in fact I did not finish reading the arc of the steel lady Nanase, but the point is that in the manga there was also a two-year timeskip, but personally I think it would be better to hear things from the mouth of Kotoko or Kuro, although I am sure that they will have two different points of view.

I look forward to seeing the next episode, as how they explore what happened with Nanase and why she ended up becoming this violent ghost.
salbery755Feb 1, 2020 10:08 PM
Feb 2, 2020 4:33 AM

Dec 2018
Lanz said:
In certain ways a warped version of Hanako-san this season.

And almost as cute

Fede_5000 said:

The most recent one is currently airing lol, Hatena Illusion.

and they will never have the same fame again, people don't want them anymore
Feb 2, 2020 6:13 AM

Apr 2012
I won’t say that I blame Saki for their parting or that I ship them together ... but came on, she left the guy she wanted to get married because Kappa called him a monster? And he had a regeneration?

At the same time, Kotoko with every new episode seems to me an increasingly sympathetic character. She is cute without all this moe crap and her playful behavior doesn't seem artificial.
Feb 2, 2020 10:38 PM

Jul 2008
I don't know if I buy that explanation of the swamp murder...I felt it wasn't wrapped up at all.

Then random time skip out of nowhere....and Saki is back.

This is getting awkward and hilarious at the same time.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kyokou Suiri Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2020

155 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 10, 12:04 PM

Poll: » Kyokou Suiri Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 29, 2020

70 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 10, 11:46 AM

Poll: » Kyokou Suiri Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 22, 2020

66 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 10, 11:28 AM

Poll: » Kyokou Suiri Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 15, 2020

88 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 10, 9:26 AM

Poll: » Kyokou Suiri Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 8, 2020

110 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 6, 5:00 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.