Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
In/Spectre
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jan 26, 2020 1:48 AM

Feb 2015
Loving this series so far, its certainly the best thing Brains Base have done in years.

The characters seem interesting as does the mystery elements. Along with Darwins game its definitely a bright spot on a very poor season
Jan 26, 2020 2:23 AM
Mar 2019
damn kuro-san's ex is hot af
I love K-On, and so should you.

Jan 26, 2020 3:38 AM

Jan 2016
blank_ernimae27 said:
True.... I read the manga, and I am a person who doesn't complex thing that is obvious... Kotoko and Kuro has something in their relationship and that's it... Why would anyone go as far as "Oww they don't have any relationship and I know it" when the author freakin just made it obvious that THERE IS SOMETHING GOING ON IN THEIR RELATIONSHIPPPP... Something IS there... I don't understand why some fans still making it complicated😩... It's freakin still ongoing 🤦🏽‍♀️ Just accept the things there are now 😆

Hmmm, I guess I haven't read the manga for so long that I've forgotten about those parts. I guess I'll have to reread the chapters after the main arc to see them again. Sorry.

ZKisara said:
Actually I read it as well and you can notice some subtle romance developing. It’s hard to notice but you can tell that Kuro does care for Kotoko. He does prioritize her safely and in one of the chapter (forgot which one but it was the one with the 3 sister who would be wed to a god), Kuro said he would pick Kotoko. Could he be joking or does he mean it? We may never know. There was also the chapter where the main antagonist returns (I’m not gonna spoil who), I believe that’s was 21, near the end there is a panal where you can see romance developing. Though it’s one sided, I can see this happening.

This is just what I think. We may know in the future chapters tho so that’s something I look forward to

What was the title of the chapter(s)? I'll try to reread them again.
Jan 26, 2020 3:50 AM

Dec 2016
wilfang said:

Anime: Kurou & Saki break-up -> Kurou & Kotoko in a relationship -> Guardian Serpent --> 2-year gap -> Steel Man arc

I think it should be more like this:
Anime: Kurou & Saki break-up -> Guardian Serpent --> 2-year gap and Kurou & Kotoko in a "relationship" -> Steel Man arc
Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.96/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.161/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.84/? - weekly) | Mama Yuuyu (Ch.29 - Finished)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.63/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.52/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
Jan 26, 2020 4:16 AM

Feb 2019
Shit, this show has such an odd release time for me, FGO and MagiReco come out around 9, so I always forget about this later in the day and miss the discussion threads, sigh. Next week I will be on time for sure.

Every girl in this series is so damn gorgeous. This show is absolutely amazing. These may be my favourite first 3 eps of an anime ever. Such a fresh, original series, for me, anyway. Reminds me a lot of Inuyasha too, can't quite put my finger on why, perhaps the Yokai and mythological elements. Can not wait to see how things play out with Saki san finding out about Kuro and his new "girlfriend" lol.
Jan 26, 2020 5:01 AM
Nov 2019
The face Kotoko pulls just before she gets thumped by his EX. Together with the deflowering comment.....

That's the 'I've slept with your ex so what you going to do about it!' look.
Jan 26, 2020 5:30 AM
Feb 2017
that time jump came out of left field but no problem there for me :) i was thiking that the show would be about the 2 of them developing there relationship but now they have been at it for 2 years arleady.

i wonder were He was and why he wasn't helping her fight the large brest girl!
Jan 26, 2020 5:37 AM
Feb 2017
penrhos said:
The face Kotoko pulls just before she gets thumped by his EX. Together with the deflowering comment.....

That's the 'I've slept with your ex so what you going to do about it!' look.

i was a sheltered child so i had to look up what "Deflowering" was....
Jan 26, 2020 6:14 AM
Aug 2018
jd2001z said:
blank_ernimae27 said:
True.... I read the manga, and I am a person who doesn't complex thing that is obvious... Kotoko and Kuro has something in their relationship and that's it... Why would anyone go as far as "Oww they don't have any relationship and I know it" when the author freakin just made it obvious that THERE IS SOMETHING GOING ON IN THEIR RELATIONSHIPPPP... Something IS there... I don't understand why some fans still making it complicated😩... It's freakin still ongoing 🤦🏽‍♀️ Just accept the things there are now 😆

Hmmm, I guess I haven't read the manga for so long that I've forgotten about those parts. I guess I'll have to reread the chapters after the main arc to see them again. Sorry.

ZKisara said:
Actually I read it as well and you can notice some subtle romance developing. It’s hard to notice but you can tell that Kuro does care for Kotoko. He does prioritize her safely and in one of the chapter (forgot which one but it was the one with the 3 sister who would be wed to a god), Kuro said he would pick Kotoko. Could he be joking or does he mean it? We may never know. There was also the chapter where the main antagonist returns (I’m not gonna spoil who), I believe that’s was 21, near the end there is a panal where you can see romance developing. Though it’s one sided, I can see this happening.

This is just what I think. We may know in the future chapters tho so that’s something I look forward to

What was the title of the chapter(s)? I'll try to reread them again.

If it’s chapters you ask for, I honestly don’t remember which one. The one I was talking about could be 21 or 23. I’m too lazy to bother looking but it’s one of them
Jan 26, 2020 7:40 AM

Jan 2018
it's about the faceless idol already oh my god lmao. and thank god they finally met
Jan 26, 2020 7:40 AM

Jan 2018
it's about the faceless idol already oh my god lmao. and thank god they finally met
Jan 26, 2020 8:30 AM

May 2015
So the story with the Great Serpent was pretty much useless, huh.

The meeting between ex and current(?) girlfriends was bizarre, but I loved it. A bit strange they abruptly skipped two years though.
Jan 26, 2020 9:05 AM

Jul 2015
lol cute ending this ep
Jan 26, 2020 9:34 AM

Mar 2016
Thought about dropping this around the time she said she sent a ghost to listen in on the woman in her prison cell, but then the MC's ex-gf showed up as a policewoman and tried to punch the ghost of a big titty idol. Now I'm not sure.

I know a lot of people like it, but personally I can't stand characters who pretend to be these 'reasoning machines.'
Jan 26, 2020 10:23 AM
Jun 2013
Damn, Kotoko, too much info. The fanbase is already gonna be weird enough imagining the possibilities of an amputee waifu without you throwing gas on that fire.
Jan 26, 2020 11:03 AM

May 2018
WTF, it half of this episode just to end that water serpent's arc and now they're with that Steel Lady Nanase arc....whaooo, the lady cop is the guy's ex boyfriend, I wonder why did she have to punch Kotoko in the face out of jealousy when she is no longer in a relationship with Kuro????

JiangHaoyi1979Jan 26, 2020 11:08 AM
Jan 26, 2020 11:25 AM

Aug 2019
Missing kuro and kotoko dynamic but other than that it's building up slowly and nicely
Jan 26, 2020 11:30 AM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
This episode was better than the previous one. So Steel Lady Nanase is a dead idol with a huge rack that has come back to haunt everyone for unknown reasons. We get a little bit more information about Kuro's girlfriend and why they broke up. Kuro's ex is now a policewoman who can see Steel Lady Nanase, but is saved by running into Kotoko. Kotoko's face at the end of the episode was priceless because she has no filter.
Jan 26, 2020 11:34 AM
Dec 2019
ZKisara said:
uninstallthegame said:
this episode rekindled my interest again. i didn't really like the whole lake mystery with the serpent, but the second half was quite good
more character interactions, please. can i also mention how beautiful all the female characters in this show are? seriously, the character designer did some awesome job

and jesus christ, i love this fucking ED. their little dance looks so elegant and classy, and the jazz is so great

Don’t worry that was just a filler episode to introduce the concept of mystery to the people watching because the first episode was mainly a introduction episode to help you get to know the characters.

I thought the reason for the serpent story was to show that Kotoko is really good at bullshitting by constructing convincing stories. You could also argue that it is the clear exit sign for people that thought the show will be action packed after the ending of episode 1.
Dunno if it was a wise choice to bring the episode out of order. Is the current arc long? If so, maybe it was put in this place because the rest of the episodes will only deal with this arc and they didn't want to have the serpent episode as the final one :D
Jan 26, 2020 12:36 PM

Mar 2017
That big time skip was pretty sudden but to be honest,

I don't think it's made a massive impact on the pacing. I think Kotoko and Saki are gonna have a very interesting relationship judging by that ending haha

Also, did Kotoko basically hint that Kuro 'deflowered' her?!
Jan 26, 2020 12:42 PM

Jun 2016
now i can declared , kotoko is the best waifu this season !!!
Jan 26, 2020 1:10 PM
Aug 2018
Ten said:
So the story with the Great Serpent was pretty much useless, huh.

The meeting between ex and current(?) girlfriends was bizarre, but I loved it. A bit strange they abruptly skipped two years though.

It wasn’t useless, it was to introduce the concept of mystery since the first episode was an introduction episode.
You will see more of this as you continue the anime because mystery is the main genre and expect a crap ton of dialogue because that is what you’ll be seeing 90% of the time in every episode from now on. Please pay attention to it or you will miss out on very important information and get very lost.
Jan 26, 2020 1:15 PM
Aug 2018
Sylverthas said:
ZKisara said:

Don’t worry that was just a filler episode to introduce the concept of mystery to the people watching because the first episode was mainly a introduction episode to help you get to know the characters.

I thought the reason for the serpent story was to show that Kotoko is really good at bullshitting by constructing convincing stories. You could also argue that it is the clear exit sign for people that thought the show will be action packed after the ending of episode 1.
Dunno if it was a wise choice to bring the episode out of order. Is the current arc long? If so, maybe it was put in this place because the rest of the episodes will only deal with this arc and they didn't want to have the serpent episode as the final one :D

Steel lady nanase arc is incredibly long. Every chapter in the manga is enough to fulfill 1 episode of an anime, it’s that long. Also don’t worry about the order being jumbled, the snake episode was just filler content in the manga.
Jan 26, 2020 2:48 PM

Mar 2013
You just had a fall on a street.
An unknown person helps you. And then asks:

- Are you ok?
What is the proper way to answer this?

1) Oh tnks I'm fine!
or
2) I just got hurt a little bit but I'm ok, tnks!
or
3) This is nothing compared to being deflowered.

Kotoko wtf? Are you serious? lul
That punch in the end haha.
Jan 26, 2020 2:50 PM

Feb 2019
Episodes like this make me wonder if editors or storyboards even exist at all in the anime production process.
The inexplicable multi-episode snake-conversation arc ends without fanfare or, well, resolution, 5 minutes into this episode, whereupon it drops everything entirely to do a very, very overlong introduction to its next arc where it gives out the reveal that the new character is the ex-girlfriend, then five minutes later, tries to use that same reveal as the cliffhanger to end the episode. Not feeling like a lot of care or attention went into the structure here.
Jan 26, 2020 3:47 PM

Nov 2011
That face Kotoko made at the end had me in tears! lol

Man they just went with a 2 year leap just like that. Interesting.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Jan 26, 2020 4:43 PM
Nov 2019
SouthRzVa said:
penrhos said:
Kurou has himself a love-triangle.

Also was he responsible for Kotoko's deflowering?

Most likely, yes. There was a 2 years gap for them to get closer together after all.

Or... Kotoko was just lying. I doubt it tho.

Saying something doesn't make it truth. Kotoko was lying. She is pretty delusional about her „relationship” with Kurou.
Jan 26, 2020 5:03 PM
May 2016
Snake part, boring and pointless (kind of proved to Kuro she was lying about needing him to come to protect her, not a good relationship builder).
Time skip was odd.
No! They cut Saki's beautiful hair :(
Sex comment was very odd, shouldn't be THAT painful, that you casually use it as a measuring stick to strangers.
Big titty faceless ghost...OK then.

Jan 26, 2020 5:03 PM

Aug 2016
Awesome episode! One question I had though during the earlier part of it. So before meeting with the guardian, Kotoko sends a youkai to watch over Aoi, the suspect of the first case of the show. How did Kotoko know to place a target on her before hearing the incident from the guardian snake?
“No man has the right to dictate what other men should perceive, create, or produce. But all should be encouraged to reveal themselves, their perceptions and emotions, and to build confidence in the creative spirit.” ― Ansel Adams
Jan 26, 2020 5:06 PM

Jun 2015
Ahahahaha!! I just loved Kotoko's character.
*Falling from the street*
"Are you okay?"
"Nah, it's better than getting deflowered"

And also self-proclaiming herself to be Kurou's girlfriend... in front of his ex! This girl is mad... a MADGIRL!!
Jan 26, 2020 6:22 PM

Mar 2019
Loved the second part of this ep. That look and punch at the end was priceless (≧▽≦)
Jan 26, 2020 6:30 PM

Oct 2008
such a small world! Kotoko instantly met the ex of his current (self proclaimed) bf! lolz!
5/5.

Jan 26, 2020 6:56 PM

Jul 2016
Zienger said:
SouthRzVa said:

Most likely, yes. There was a 2 years gap for them to get closer together after all.

Or... Kotoko was just lying. I doubt it tho.

Saying something doesn't make it truth. Kotoko was lying. She is pretty delusional about her „relationship” with Kurou.

Delusional? More like a mix of over-confidence and the joy of just messing with Kurou.

That aside, I honestly hope she wasn't lying. They spent two years solving problems together after all so it would be kinda disappointing if nothing happened between them in that time.
Jan 26, 2020 8:28 PM

Nov 2019
Pretty great episode 8/10
This shows dialogue and scene direction is kinda strange
Jan 26, 2020 9:46 PM

Jun 2012
I'm glad I didn't believed Kotoko's theory with the snake god. Because it really sounded ridiculous to begin with.

And another time skip, I'm surprised Saki still haven't moved on. It was 2 years and it's not like they were married. Well it was funny when Kotoko was making fun of her though.
Jan 26, 2020 9:55 PM
Aug 2018
Zaphkiel_El_Rem said:
I'm glad I didn't believed Kotoko's theory with the snake god. Because it really sounded ridiculous to begin with.

And another time skip, I'm surprised Saki still haven't moved on. It was 2 years and it's not like they were married. Well it was funny when Kotoko was making fun of her though.

They were close to being married. It says that he was her fiancé and if you read the manga. It tells us that they were extremely close to marriage but everything changed when the Kappa appeared
Jan 26, 2020 10:03 PM

Jun 2012
ZKisara said:
Zaphkiel_El_Rem said:

They were close to being married. It says that he was her fiancé and if you read the manga. It tells us that they were extremely close to marriage but everything changed when the Kappa appeared
Oh, so they were engaged. Okay, I guess I missed that detail.
Jan 27, 2020 2:59 AM

Feb 2014
The conclusion about the case with the snake god felt satisfying. The whole story about the lady in question felt dark and tragic, but it did a good job in introducing the show's concept of mystery as well as the interesting dialogue between both Kotoko and the snake god.

The 2-year time skip felt a little sudden, but it didn't hurt the pacing at all. Saki looks really nice in the police uniform, but she still has bad memories of the kappa when she used to date Kuro.

Inevitably, Saki would go up against the steel lady Nanase ghost, but she encounters Kotoko, whose fighting the spirit as well. The way Kotoko drops the "deflowering" was very sudden and who knows if she's gone that far yet or not, but either way, her introduction to Saki was really funny.

She already got bopped on the head once, but after introducing herself to Saki as Kuro's girlfriend (hard to tell if she REALLY telling the truth here or lying once more) and wearing a happy smile on her face, she got punched in response! XD

What a funny way to end this episode. Can't wait for the next one now, where I hope these funny interactions continues. =3
Jan 27, 2020 4:16 AM

Sep 2019
The Taxi Driver on the way back: (.)_(.) "I should question... but I won't."

Heck, imagine telling the police"So I was on the phone talking about this girl's big tiddles, but then BAM, some BIGGER tiddles are right in front of me on the road and I panicked and drove off!" I mean, fair, most guys would probably be the same.

A time skip is interesting, for a choice. At least we'll get into the thick of their relationship... that deflowering part certainly leaned into that. Like damn, and if there isn't a relationship... well, I'll just be sad.
"You know you've reached peak quality when a doujin is better than the actual source series." (Eg. To LOVE-Ru)

Just to list a couple of biases.
Likes: A good story, characters, writing, romance, a good plot twist or something that breaks expectations (In a good way), 'backstory' and justice.
Dislikes: Bad romance, too much fanservice, the harem genre, yuri, yaoi, and bad writing.

Jan 27, 2020 5:12 AM
Aug 2018
StormShaun said:
The Taxi Driver on the way back: (.)_(.) "I should question... but I won't."

Heck, imagine telling the police"So I was on the phone talking about this girl's big tiddles, but then BAM, some BIGGER tiddles are right in front of me on the road and I panicked and drove off!" I mean, fair, most guys would probably be the same.

A time skip is interesting, for a choice. At least we'll get into the thick of their relationship... that deflowering part certainly leaned into that. Like damn, and if there isn't a relationship... well, I'll just be sad.

From reading the manga. I can confirm that she wand the deflowered. Kotoko makes a lot of lewd jokes but they are still jokes in the end.

Tbh, no one really knows if she had any lewd activity with Kuro because the manga never tell us if they did or not. I just feel that she is just joking based on the mood, but hey this is just a guess as a reader.
Jan 27, 2020 5:23 AM

Jan 2011
The ex-fiancee is still looking fine, she should have kept her hair long though, but character development. It's a bit satisfying knowing that she's been living with depression since dumping her ex. I like her a bit more now. At least she regrets it.
Being deflowered shouldn't be the most painful thing in the world, how hard did he jam it in?
Jan 27, 2020 11:24 AM
Apr 2018
i wanted to punch her myself
Jan 27, 2020 12:28 PM

Jul 2014
Other than the fact that we've had a time skip so soon, this was a solid episode. Kotoko and Saki's interactions were a pretty funny way to end the episode as well.
Jan 27, 2020 2:07 PM

Nov 2013
well...as soon as they stopped talking about the corpse, the story got watchable again lol the 2nd half was quite fun to watch, specially the "i'm the current girlfriend" and her reaction to it lmao
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Jan 27, 2020 6:24 PM
Mar 2019
great to see them expand the cast a bit more. Makes it more interesting and opens up new possibilities.
Jan 27, 2020 6:25 PM
Mar 2019
winddevil1 said:
well...as soon as they stopped talking about the corpse, the story got watchable again lol the 2nd half was quite fun to watch, specially the "i'm the current girlfriend" and her reaction to it lmao

yeah, that was hilarious, can't wait for all the memes from that.
Jan 27, 2020 6:28 PM

Apr 2019
Kotoko for best girl of winter season!!! Without her the series wouldn't be that good. Can't wait to see her showing her real power
Jan 27, 2020 9:36 PM

Feb 2015
This anime is getting too relaxed, I’m getting kind of bored. Re-introduce Saki, that’s not that bad idea, the interactions between she and Kotoko could be really funny, Saki looks like a serious girl so far.
Jan 27, 2020 10:12 PM

Jul 2014
Finally things got interesting again, didn't like the prev ep thought it was gonna go downhill from then on, glad it got better instead. This is like Owarimonogatari first eps with the whole mystery thing going on.
Also.. god damn Saki is one hot popo! compared to Kotoko who's a loli twig haha.
Jan 28, 2020 1:43 AM

Jul 2016
Mikenshi said:
Can't wait to see her showing her real power

Since when did this show ever stated Kotoko grained some "awesome" powers from becoming a God of Wisdom?

You will be disappointed if you seriously believe she have some kind of epic powers or fighting skills lol.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kyokou Suiri Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2020

155 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 10, 12:04 PM

Poll: » Kyokou Suiri Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 29, 2020

70 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 10, 11:46 AM

Poll: » Kyokou Suiri Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 22, 2020

66 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 10, 11:28 AM

Poll: » Kyokou Suiri Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 15, 2020

88 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 10, 9:26 AM

Poll: » Kyokou Suiri Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 8, 2020

110 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 6, 5:00 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.