Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Magia Record: Puella Magi Madoka Magica Side Story
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Feb 1, 2020 9:57 AM
Dec 2018
Eroha said:
Myanimelist trying to remove discussion of score trolls instead of fixing the problem, this a high IQ move

Have you heard? Has anyone told you? The Rumor of the Score Related Discussion. If you point out how the score trolls misuse the score system, the thread will be cleaned instead of banning those accounts. Many anime have been affected by this, but no solution has been implemented so far. How horrible!

I love the uwasa format, hope I don't get banned.
Feb 1, 2020 10:04 AM
Aug 2015
salarx said:
Eroha said:
Myanimelist trying to remove discussion of score trolls instead of fixing the problem, this a high IQ move

Have you heard? Has anyone told you? The Rumor of the Score Related Discussion. If you point out how the score trolls misuse the score system, the thread will be cleaned instead of banning those accounts. Many anime have been affected by this, but no solution has been implemented so far. How horrible!

We can still talk on the subreddit if we get banned lol
Feb 1, 2020 10:22 AM

Apr 2018
salarx said:
Eroha said:

My uwasaposting in this thread was deleted.
S-C-A-R-Y
喜べ少年
君の願いはようやく叶う。
YOROKOBE SHOUNEN, KIMI no NEGAI wa youyaku KANAU.
Rejoice, your wish will be finally granted.
"THE RATE UP IS A LIE!"
Feb 1, 2020 10:34 AM
Dec 2018
Eroha said:
salarx said:

We can still talk on the subreddit if we get banned lol
CrystaLyse said:
salarx said:

My uwasaposting in this thread was deleted.
S-C-A-R-Y

We should form a Magia Record club here, don't think club threads are cleaned.
Feb 1, 2020 10:43 AM
Aug 2015
salarx said:

There is this club https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=77506 but its inactive
Feb 1, 2020 10:48 AM
Dec 2018
Eroha said:
salarx said:

There is this club https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=77506 but its inactive

lol I'm a member there. Admin does come online but hasn't replied...
Feb 1, 2020 4:37 PM
Mar 2017
A new rumor reaches the ears of Iroha and with this another mystery that can be a clue related to Ui.

Another magical girl was introduced in this episode, Yui Tsuruno is a girl full of energy and positive attitude, in addition to working in a Chinese food restaurant, also to my surprise she is Yachiyo's friend.

Yachiyo arrives with a rather peculiar rumor, a sanctuary where if you write the name of a person who is no longer alive in an Enma, it will appear in front of you, a miracle that has made many people disappear without first affirming that this rumor is real .

The girls investigate and exchange information, since Yachiyo handles more information, but after an unexpected fight with a witch in the supermarket, Yachiyo has an idea of ​​going to the sanctuary that they visited from the beginning at night and indeed that was the detail that they were missing, Iroha and Yachiyo are transported to the world where they met with their respective people, Iroha with Ui and Yachiyo with a girl named Mifuyu, now it remains to be known if both girls that appeared are real or are a trap to enclose them in that world.

Detail that disturbed enough was how Mitama put ketchup and then a plum acid to a piece of cake, what the hell towards her, that's inedible, she gives me chills, especially with the voice of Yuri Horie.

Another thing that surprised me was how Iroha ate all the food that Tsuruno served her, Iroha doesn't look like someone with a voracious appetite, I also get a lot of attention from that strange power up that Iroha gave Tsuruno, there will be some relationship Is this event and Iroha's soul gem getting dark?
Feb 1, 2020 7:09 PM

Mar 2013
salbery755 said:
I also get a lot of attention from that strange power up that Iroha gave Tsuruno, there will be some relationship Is this event and Iroha's soul gem getting dark?
Kaede gave Rena the same powerup in episode 3. It's just a way of invoking the magia attacks in the anime, rather than faffing about with SP meters.
Feb 4, 2020 1:06 PM

Nov 2013
I realized what I've kinda been missing a little, the title cards/names for the witches like the original had. Those always felt nice and gave me more reason to speculate on the witches. Not a big deal, but it's a bit of a awh shame.

Quite liking the characters so far, curious how the rest of it is going to pan out now. At least no character has pissed me off like Homura did in the original XD
Feb 4, 2020 1:36 PM
Aug 2015
Aqacia said:
I realized what I've kinda been missing a little, the title cards/names for the witches like the original had. Those always felt nice and gave me more reason to speculate on the witches. Not a big deal, but it's a bit of a awh shame.

Quite liking the characters so far, curious how the rest of it is going to pan out now. At least no character has pissed me off like Homura did in the original XD

Witches still have names, the ones without them aren't witches
Feb 4, 2020 1:58 PM

Nov 2013
Eroha said:
Aqacia said:

Really? I haven't noticed any names yet unless their way more subtle now then they used to be in the orignal
Feb 4, 2020 3:22 PM
Aug 2015
Aqacia said:
Eroha said:

Really? I haven't noticed any names yet unless their way more subtle now then they used to be in the orignal

Episode 1 at 15:13 (also one at 1:40 but its hidden and not usual style so I am not sure if it is a witch name)
Episode 2 at 6:05
Episode 3 didn't have a witch
Episode 4 at 17:50
Episode 5 had a witch in the after-credits but it didn't show its name due to the clip starting mid-fight. However, we do know the name of that witch is Albertine due to its minion appearing in the original anime: Sayaka fought its minion which is called Anja in Episode 5 of the original (The fight that Kyoko stopped as she didn't want it dying before it grew into a witch)
Feb 4, 2020 6:27 PM
Jan 2013
Eroha said:
also one at 1:40 but its hidden and not usual style so I am not sure if it is a witch name

Boxwood? Looks normal to me.
Feb 7, 2020 8:19 PM

Aug 2007
After 4 episodes Now I can undertanding things. Rumors are different form witches. But todays fight first one was a witch without a Greef Seed. Iroha has a limited time. Her soul Gem is very corrupted.

The enemy at the ending of the episode was a rumor. I am correct?
Feb 14, 2020 3:37 PM

Feb 2018
Still Looking for Ui.
Mar 1, 2020 12:46 AM
Jul 2018
With that eye design Yachiyo looks like she's constantly judging me. I like that.
Mar 6, 2020 6:03 AM

Dec 2013
New girl is a lot of fun.

Backstory incoming?
Mar 15, 2020 8:24 AM

Aug 2017
Tsuruno's master identity is kinda forced but its better than introduce another character that I'm not going to care. Just like someone said the fight with the witch at the supermarket felt unnecessary except to make Iroha's soul gem got darker but they could do muchhhh better, c'mon.

I think the big problem is that the characters feel uninteresting and there is almost no credibility between their interactions.

All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jun 6, 2020 8:11 AM

Aug 2018
Yui Tsuruno, hm..
Well.. I get that Nanami Yachiyo (her family name is easier to remember for me, but girls are using both names of characters from time to time) is serious type and something.. But she's a bit too cold towards Iroha..
I guess new girl Yui Tsuruno is.. friendly girl?.. I guess?..
And also later Yachiyo is reacting coldly to Tsuruno's remark about as if they returned to old times.. Wonder, if Yachiyo was different in these old times of friendship.. Or not.. Either way, she says that it was too long ago.. Again keeping her distance.. Is Yachiyo extreme introvert, not interested in relationships, or something?.. Is this, why she's so cold to ideas of relationships?.. Well, if it's just waste for her..? Or did something happen, and she was different before - like at times, when she was friend with Tsuruno?..
Hm, Tsuruno says the second time that she's "the most powerful" magical girl.. Interesting..
Also Iroha's soul gem begins to get tainted, right?..
Small Kyubey always seeks Iroha.. Maybe he likes her for some reason..
I have no idea, who all of these girls are after ED..
Jul 16, 2020 11:13 PM

Jul 2016
So... last episode's post-credits scene with Mami was just to tease the audience and prevent some people from dropping the show I guess.

Leaving aside the last few seconds with Ui and Yachiyo's... friend? (Mifuyu), this was a kinda boring episode overall. The mention of this specific rumour about meeting someone from your past felt hella convenient for Iroha's quest but if we also receive more insight into Yachiyo's past in the process, I guess I can overlook it.

As for the fight against that Witch at the supermarket, it indeed felt rather pointless since they could have used other way to show Iroha's half-tainted Soul Gem but well. Yachiyo getting "worried" over sales was kinda random as well but I guess it was just for characterization purposes because so far, she's just Homura 2.0 but with a very good fashion sense.
Sep 9, 2020 11:33 AM

May 2018
rip Mami she got sidelined hard xD
Jul 18, 2021 9:20 PM

Sep 2020
LOL. Indeed, sale is one of the most important thing a girl shouldnt forget.
it’s never too late for life ... to go horribly wrong. . . afff~
Sep 26, 2021 10:18 PM

Jan 2017
They're just pumping out new magical girls left and right at this point, almost like this is an elaborate ad for a mobage eh

Plot-wise the mystery of the Seance Shrine didn't capture my interest or any events of this ep tbh, though the final scene with the supposed "lost friends" is intriguing
Sep 5, 2022 10:12 AM
Apr 2022
Ngl I almost sobbed when I saw Mami again
Pages (3) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Magia Record: Mahou Shoujo Madoka☆Magica Gaiden (TV) Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2020

258 by Biisoo »»
Yesterday, 3:09 PM

Poll: » Magia Record: Mahou Shoujo Madoka☆Magica Gaiden (TV) Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 4, 2020

237 by Biisoo »»
Apr 17, 11:00 AM

» Is this necessary to watch?

theanimeviber - Feb 4

14 by kensu31 »»
Feb 11, 9:36 PM

Poll: » Magia Record: Mahou Shoujo Madoka☆Magica Gaiden (TV) Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2020

108 by Hilel1982014h »»
Jan 16, 7:42 AM

» This is quite funny

official_brown - Jun 10, 2022

16 by jedman »»
Jul 5, 2023 3:05 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.