Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Feb 11, 2020 10:27 PM

Jul 2012
Slick-Mick101 said:
I keep wanting to watch it, but am being put off by these other fans of the show who’re saying that the people who rate it low/ don’t like it and can’t follow along to the plot so well, are basically idiots, or at least it seems like that what they’re trying to imply
LOL I understand. I think you should give it a shot then it's done airing. It's honestly kinda bad if you watch it weekly since it's so plot-heavy.

Berries28 said:
I wholeheartedly agree, the huge number of people complaining about the "gay vibes" on every anime watching site has me extremely annoyed. I personally don't see anything gay going on (blushing/flushed face is a normal human reaction to being excited/happy), but if people have that much of a problem for merely gay vibes, they should just drop it.
And the characters are'nt ugly, they just look more humanlike than today's anime does. I guess people are just too used to pink hair and big bug eyes?
It comes off as lusty or desire when they blush at each other lol. And this is coming from a girl who usually watches/reads BL on a normal basis. It really doesn't suit this anime.
Feb 12, 2020 8:27 AM
Jul 2016
because it's complex also i think professor Xavier will like to watch an anime like that lol
Feb 12, 2020 8:33 AM
Apr 2019
I watched only the first episode, then my opinion doesn't matter now. I agree that the soundtrack and especially the artstyle are great, but the first episode seemed worst than Plunderer to me, and I didn't like Plunderer. I'm afraid of seeing the other episodes, because the score is just getting down. I would like some opinions besides the first episode, is the show getting better or meh?
Feb 15, 2020 1:00 AM

Jun 2014
RainbowWizard said:
I watched only the first episode, then my opinion doesn't matter now. I agree that the soundtrack and especially the artstyle are great, but the first episode seemed worst than Plunderer to me, and I didn't like Plunderer. I'm afraid of seeing the other episodes, because the score is just getting down. I would like some opinions besides the first episode, is the show getting better or meh?

Watch ep2, it basically ep1 with more details. Then ep04 when it start to get going.
Feb 15, 2020 6:21 AM

Sep 2019
This anime is a bit gay, most of the characters are males. But it is good tbh.

bangnaldo said:
I noticed that as time passes, regular anime viewers are less interested in thought-provoking anime compared to a decade or two ago. When faced with this kind of anime which requires more thinking, a lot of people don't bother thinking or they just don't get it and proceed to give it a low rating.

Imo, if you are interested in the premise of this anime, give it a go.

This might be the case. But i think people just don't like an anime with disturbing contents like these. I mean, I'm really frightened to see satoru's mother slit her own mouth in episode 1, if i were 11-14 years old i'd have nightmares about it.

Furthermore, the artstyle is not your usual anime bug eyes. So people aren't used to it i guess.

Hitwoman said:

This is actually a supernatural, mystery anime so watching it weekly isn't a good idea. It'd only make you confused.

But i really disagree with you about plunderer... how is this worse than that anime? Plunderer is basically seven deadly sins ripoff, nothing original. This anime on the other hand, actually tried to make a thought provoking story. And not copy paste your regular anime tropes. It's actually better if you see it that way.

Wandering Witch is the best light novel ever!
Feb 15, 2020 9:57 AM
Apr 2019
White_Hollow said:
This anime is a bit gay, most of the characters are males. But it is good tbh.

bangnaldo said:
I noticed that as time passes, regular anime viewers are less interested in thought-provoking anime compared to a decade or two ago. When faced with this kind of anime which requires more thinking, a lot of people don't bother thinking or they just don't get it and proceed to give it a low rating.

Imo, if you are interested in the premise of this anime, give it a go.

This might be the case. But i think people just don't like an anime with disturbing contents like these. I mean, I'm really frightened to see satoru's mother slit her own mouth in episode 1, if i were 11-14 years old i'd have nightmares about it.

Furthermore, the artstyle is not your usual anime bug eyes. So people aren't used to it i guess.

Hitwoman said:

This is actually a supernatural, mystery anime so watching it weekly isn't a good idea. It'd only make you confused.

But i really disagree with you about plunderer... how is this worse than that anime? Plunderer is basically seven deadly sins ripoff, nothing original. This anime on the other hand, actually tried to make a thought provoking story. And not copy paste your regular anime tropes. It's actually better if you see it that way.
Animes can be original and good, for me this one is only original. But, how I've said, my opinion doesn't matter now. Thanks for the tip, maybe I'll just watch it when it finishes airing.
Feb 15, 2020 8:31 PM
Sep 2017
AkitoHD said:
Too many people tend to hate shows on Mal when it's not the same as other art styles sadly.
Ping Pong has a 8.6 I think and that artstyle is really different
Feb 17, 2020 12:57 PM
Feb 2020
one of my major problem with this show is how the "pets" just bow down to the syndicate for no apparent reason so far, they have no reason to follow the orders of the syndicate, at leas as have been shown so far heck they could destroy or control the syndicate in a a few weeks if they wanted to.

so the thought provoking part just falls trough as soon as you think about how the people just follows the syndicate because(that is really the only reason i can find for them to follow the syndicate so far), the fact it has a pretty heavy guy on guy vibe does the show no favors to.
the show had a lot of premise and the shows other parts is great but the fact the story just falls apart and the gay vibe would maybe be the reason, at least the first on is the reason i see the show as worse then bad, even if all it would take would have been a reason for the people to work for the syndicate, because now i just see it as why the hell are they doing it, the syndicate has nothing that could stop them from going rouge or completely destroy it if they wanted to, at least with what has been shown so far
Feb 17, 2020 1:00 PM

Jun 2015
It's Seinen Drama so obviously most of the shit is gonna fly over these children's heads. The rest of them don't have the patience to watch and enjoy character interactions without a screaming annoying MC and flashy action sequences.
Read Toriko!
Feb 18, 2020 1:03 AM

Mar 2012
The two first episodes are really good but then it drops off instantly with episode 3 and nothing's been making sense since then (inb4 too deep for you). Now mix that in with the forced drama and you have a proper trainwreck. And I watched it all in a single streak yesterday so it can't be the weekly rhythm throwing me off. The visuals aren't good either so there's nothing speaking for this show except for the music. I held on until episode 7 but it's just too much.
CriskaFeb 18, 2020 1:07 AM

Feb 18, 2020 4:40 AM
Jun 2019
This "Pet" is really bad, I dropped the serie in Episode 7 ! !
Feb 19, 2020 2:00 AM
Aug 2016
Maybe the reason is, that People who are willing to watch this show, are by default a bit more critical (meaning they give a show a lower score on average), than people who watch a show like Plunderer.
hi
Feb 19, 2020 7:40 AM

Apr 2008
There is no story and this ep 7 was boring as fuck. We had a good thing with the ep 4 and 5 but the end of ep 6 was not good

Fornitar_0815 said:
Maybe the reason is, that People who are willing to watch this show, are by default a bit more critical (meaning they give a show a lower score on average), than people who watch a show like Plunderer.

But Plunderer is worst show than Pet.

Feb 20, 2020 1:26 AM
Aug 2016
KiraYoshikage said:
There is no story and this ep 7 was boring as fuck. We had a good thing with the ep 4 and 5 but the end of ep 6 was not good

Fornitar_0815 said:

But Plunderer is worst show than Pet.

I never said that Pet was a good show. It's just that i saw people above arguing about why the score is the same as Plunderer.

In my opinion when a more popular show has a lower score it's a bigger indication that the show is bad, than when a less popular show has a bad score.
hi
Feb 20, 2020 7:48 PM
Feb 2015
TyDrian said:
Because this show is not well written

No points, no reasoning, no argument. Explain
Feb 21, 2020 8:48 PM
Mar 2019
KLNDK said:
Orikasa_Momiji said:
Ikr? I have the same question. And sadly, the rating is getting lower & lower.
Maybe because some ppl cannot deal with the gay relationships/vibes? Or they just couldn't follow the plot? I mean, it's a bit confusing sometimes, but overall not that hard to understand.
Besides, isn't it common that you don't always get the answers to the questions you have within the same episode? Some ppl seem to lack the patience for waiting for a few more episodes to have their doubts removed.

Also, I saw quite a few comments somewhere else saying that the character designs are so ugly for them to follow the show or the execution is too poor, which I could hardly agree with. For me, the character designs are pretty fine. I'd say that there're some 'quality' faces rather than ugly character designs considering the limited budget this kind of show would get. Neither do I have any problems with the execution & presentation of the show.

Anyways, I think this show is quite amazing! And I'm so happy that it drew my attention by accident & I decided to give it a shot. I'm at ep#6 now and I love it especially from ep#4.
Hopefully, more ppl will keep watching till ep#6 before dropping the series or judging it too soon.

Yeah maybe there’s a little bit of homophobia on MAL because characters design are pretty normal compared to other anime which actually have unique art styles like devilman crybaby,ping pong. As far as not being able to understand, anime like Boogiepop(2019) was pretty confusing for a lot of people last year but it’s at 7.15, I guess there’s just not enough people watching for now. I hope by the time it ends it’s closer to 7.5-8 as long as they don’t fuk up

Yuri on Ice has an incredibly high score. I don't think homophobia is the issue.
Feb 21, 2020 11:36 PM

May 2015
It's hard to follow. I can see the kids who mainly watch shonen and isekai be overwhelmed by this.
It's a 7 for me so far. So a low 6 isn't that far.
Feb 23, 2020 3:30 PM

Apr 2009
J891319 said:
KLNDK said:

Yeah maybe there’s a little bit of homophobia on MAL because characters design are pretty normal compared to other anime which actually have unique art styles like devilman crybaby,ping pong. As far as not being able to understand, anime like Boogiepop(2019) was pretty confusing for a lot of people last year but it’s at 7.15, I guess there’s just not enough people watching for now. I hope by the time it ends it’s closer to 7.5-8 as long as they don’t fuk up

Yuri on Ice has an incredibly high score. I don't think homophobia is the issue.

YoI was popular enough that any lower score would have counter-balanced by the people giving it a 9 or 10. All things considered, its position is kinda low given how much it sold/was talked about.

Anyway, it's an anime based on an obscure manga, most characters are not particularly and traditionally attractive, the animation is whatever, the art-style is not traditionally pretty and the cast is a bunch of adult guys. These things alone are a turn off for the average anime watcher too busy watching Isekai and CGDCT. Add to this that the narration is often confusing and it's hard to keep track of things (The average anime watcher has problem keeping up with something like SSY).

Feb 23, 2020 7:21 PM

Oct 2019
Ok I am considering picking this back up I only watched to ep 3 can someone explain like why the villian was carrying out the murders on those two random dudes from ep 1 thats something I missed
Feb 24, 2020 8:46 AM

Oct 2014
The first few episodes are confusing unless you watch them twice or pay very close attention. I think the themes and characters are incredibly well developed. The concepts behind entering people's minds are very out there and will turn people off. I think it's very interesting and logically consistent.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Pet Episode 10 Discussion

Ashhk - Mar 9, 2020

36 by JeanFranciss »»
Feb 18, 9:39 AM

Poll: » Pet Episode 8 Discussion

Ashhk - Feb 24, 2020

37 by JeanFranciss »»
Feb 11, 8:26 AM

Poll: » Pet Episode 6 Discussion

uninstallthegame - Jan 18, 2020

43 by JeanFranciss »»
Feb 4, 9:31 AM

Poll: » Pet Episode 5 Discussion

45 by Roch2001 »»
Nov 25, 2023 4:03 AM

Poll: » Pet Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

71 by Hooray »»
Aug 31, 2023 6:29 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.