Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jan 24, 2020 8:50 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Good, they put Hinata on the court again. Even if it's a practice game, it's a chance to improve himself. He's also becoming more observant this season when watching others.

I'm hoping to see Hinata learn a lot this season. This is yet another buildup episode for the big matches.
Jan 24, 2020 9:10 AM

Nov 2007
Looking from behind.

Reminding the time when he played tennis and realizing something.

Also getting suggestion on what to eat after exercise.

Showing a bit of the main team's and youth team's practice.

He used the chance to help get the balls to catch like he's in the game.

Uchiyama-san's character at the end... giving him chance to practice?
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jan 24, 2020 12:09 PM

Aug 2013
Hinata is growing even though he is not allowed to practice with the others. He managed to learn things through observation.

We also saw a bit of Kageyama. He is definitely playing with the best.

Jan 24, 2020 12:15 PM

Oct 2017
Hinata's now finally using his brain and not just relying on his instinct, he is really growing fast. I feel like he'll improve a lot by the end of this training camp. Even thou he's actually not participating in it lol.
Jan 24, 2020 12:38 PM
May 2017
It's great to see Hinata develop and get other skills. This episode was very funny. Especially when he got hit in balls. I hope Yamaguchi succeeds in getting better at serving
Jan 24, 2020 1:04 PM
Jul 2018
Aw man... I wanted to see Tsukki and Hinata's conversation...
Jan 24, 2020 1:09 PM
Dec 2015
Awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome!!
Jan 24, 2020 1:15 PM

Aug 2012
What a dirty disgusting old man... I honestly wanted to puke.
He actually didn't gave Hinata food.
How can you be that horrible?
This old man is on my characters hate list now.
Bruh that made me so mad.
Jan 24, 2020 1:29 PM

May 2019
RIP little Hinatas

Not enough Kageyama yet again.

What's with that white hair tho? (the one that blocked Kageyama's attack) He legit looks like a bird (and kind of like a fish). That's the ugliest character design I've ever seen in Haikyuu.
If you read Eleceed you're automatically my friend.
Jan 24, 2020 1:38 PM

Jul 2017
so it seems like this cour is gonna be another training arc focus. Oh well, at least Hinata managed to finally get somewhere being a ball boy, and he's actually able to develop his skills. Man's gonna end up being the anime Yuji Nishida lol
Jan 24, 2020 1:44 PM

Feb 2017
Good episode. Always nice to see Hinata getting better. His learning by observing seems to be paying off.
Jan 24, 2020 1:47 PM
Mar 2015
Our boy is actually learning how to play volleyball
Jan 24, 2020 2:01 PM

Aug 2013
Glad to see Hinata improving! We even got to see a bit of Kageyama this week, my boi¨
Also Hinata was so cute taking notes when he was talking to Ukai!!!

Gonna be interesting to see what Tsukki wants next episode. And it looks like we get to see Kageyama next week too, can't wait!
Jan 24, 2020 2:09 PM

Mar 2014
Hinata has been trying to use this chance to improve his skills and it really pays off!
Really looking forward to seeing more of Kageyama and Tsukki's talk with Hinata.

also RIP Hinata getting hit in the nuts seems painful
Jan 24, 2020 2:12 PM

Mar 2015
Loved seeing Hinata analyzing and utilizing his time there and also leaving off an impression left and right being a source of motivation for others to work harder.

That last scene though, I wonder why Hinata was so shocked when Tsukishima called him out? Did Hinata thought Tsukishima is going to confess lol
Jan 24, 2020 2:35 PM

Oct 2019
I'm already fangirling over sakusa and Atsumu!
Finally the hinata development that we needed!!
Hinata I'm so sorry baby but that was too funny
can't wait for the next episode!!!!
Jan 24, 2020 2:38 PM
Jul 2018
Very good episode as usual. I'm always impressed by Hinata's determination. It's very inspiring and the other players start to feel a threat when they see Hinata as much involved in his role as "ball boy"

Very satisfied with the soundtracks, they bring an atmosphere that I don't feel as much in the manga. <3

Tsukki seems to have something to say to Hinata. Hmm... another week to wait. ><
Jan 24, 2020 2:43 PM

Oct 2017
I love how Hinata can go through every hard situation and make it be on his favor. He's such a great character.
I really love training arcs, so this is getting better episode after episode.

Plus: I'am in love with the new animation and art style, it's to much realistic about voleyball smatches and related stuff.
-¡Give yourself to me!
Jan 24, 2020 2:44 PM

Jun 2007
tsukishima: come here for a sec hinata
my 21 century brain: wait what? a love confession ?
nanimeanswhat said:
What's with that white hair tho? (the one that blocked Kageyama's attack) He legit looks like a bird (and kind of like a fish). That's the ugliest character design I've ever seen in Haikyuu.

lmao
landofthekwt said:
Our boy is actually learning how to play volleyball

ahaha
you guys
see you, space cowperson . . .
Jan 24, 2020 2:51 PM

Nov 2013
This episode has so many cute moments, Hinata on the phone is just cuteness.

That coach is really annoying however, I mean I can't blame him per say but come now not even food? Then again Hinata does eat like a hurricane as we've seen from last season so maybe that's for the best XD

Really hyped for the next episode now, I enjoy Tsukki's and Hinata's interaction even if it's quite rare throughout the seasons it always makes me laugh so can't wait to see more of it with that end of this episode. Hinata being so shocked already put me in a good mood
Jan 24, 2020 2:54 PM
Mar 2018
not sure what that ending means? does tsukishima want to tell off hinata? he seems angry
Jan 24, 2020 2:55 PM

Nov 2013
HotPocketChris said:
not sure what that ending means? does tsukishima want to tell off hinata? he seems angry

When doesn't Tsukki seem angry is the better question I think XD
Jan 24, 2020 3:23 PM
Jul 2013
Such a great episode, watching Hinata be able to grow just through watch and being a ball boy is so satisfying to watch. Even when he's not actually "practicing" he finds a way to make it into a game scenario for himself
Jan 24, 2020 3:43 PM
Apr 2018
I really love Hinata's development this episode!

And I finally got to hear Mamo's voice as Atsumu even though it was only for a second!!! <3
Jan 24, 2020 3:44 PM
Apr 2018
HotPocketChris said:

He wants to play with Hinata. He felt like he should do more whenever he sees Hinata and he hates that feeling.
Jan 24, 2020 3:49 PM

Dec 2014
Fantastic episode.

Loving Hinata's training and development here. It's such a pleasure to watch. I loved what the other coach mentioned about how he will eventually have to learn to fuse instinct and observation to form intuition. That's something that everyone needs to develop as people, use your head, but never forget your instinct. His determination deserves praise and I love that it's getting everyone else riled up as well.

I wish we got more screen time of Kageyama and the All-Japan training camp cause the short part we had in this episode was already awesome.

Split step was awesome.

Soundtrack was fantastic, production is awesome. Haikyuu just keeps giving doesn't it?
Jan 24, 2020 3:51 PM

Oct 2016
This episode is yet another reminder of why I like/admire Hinata so much. He doesn't get to play and yet he's continuing to grow. He's using all the resources he can to become a better player.

The old man better give Hinata a chance soon or else I'm going to be MAD.

Overall, great episode. Can't wait for the next one!
Jan 24, 2020 5:02 PM

Dec 2016
Hinata got hurt many times during this episode ^^; that hurt just by watching it.

How rare of Tsukishima to want to have a talk with Hinata. I am curious at what he'll gonna say >>;

Great episode!

AvihayAnimes said:

Easy there. I can understand how you feel, but remember that Hinata went there uninvited and it's not like he'll get free hospitality. You can't expect go to someone's practice uninvited and receive a meal like it's alright for you to be there. That's not how it works ^^; But of course the gramps should feel worried about Hinata and be more considerate.

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
MonkeyDHunterJan 27, 2020 5:16 AM

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Jan 24, 2020 6:47 PM
Sep 2015
The slow-motion moment is so cool, and they love to slow it down the moment everyone is jumping, which is making it even cooler!

I'm wondering if Tsukki will invite Hinata to sleep in his room (or even same bed?) and share his food?

Oh! and I see many hates toward coach that doesn't give Hinata a food or a room, although he is very kind compare to parents in Stars Align LOL.
Jan 24, 2020 7:23 PM

May 2019
I really like Hinata's growth; he's becoming a more rounded player even though he's not actually playing. It might turn out that Hinata being a ballboy might be the most needed 'training' type for him.

We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths.
As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are.
That's what death is, don't you think?

------------------------------------
Itachi Uchiha
Jan 24, 2020 7:30 PM

Oct 2009
So, Hinata just keeps taking balls to the face and - to the balls... And we get Tsutomu's praise kink confirmed. Also more Semi Semi. \o/
Great episode all around. xD
yellowheartrenJan 24, 2020 7:35 PM
Jan 24, 2020 8:51 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Great episode!

Both Hinata and Kageyama are going through a tough phase at the moment but it's good to see they're looking to learn and acclimatize as much as possible. Meanwhile, the others in Karasuno are going through a similar phase too but I suppose that's a given when you try to maneuver new weapons out of the box and etc. God, I wish they showed the 2nd set of the practice match though, I bet Karasuno would've demolished their hopes of making it to Nationals lol.

Hinata asking the Coach on what to eat was interesting to say the least, albeit an unusual sight for sure. I was wondering if Haikyu!! was going to change genres for a while, that of Shokugeki no Souma's for instance, xD thanks to how tense that whole scene was made but it was really nice to see the Coach answering in earnest. Shiratorizawa's coach, on the other hand, not even offering a place for him nor food is just .. as low as it gets, bruh. Soon, Hinata will prove him wrong and honestly I can't wait for that! It's coming together slowly and steadily, lads.

Looks like Tsukishima, as a result, is feeling something now, hmm. I wonder what he's up to with Hinata. More training, perhaps some advice too, or will it just be something along the lines "I'mma kill you before you get too good out of my reach" lol, definitely curious.

Short_Circut said:
Man's gonna end up being the anime Yuji Nishida lol

Exactly my thoughts, lol. To be honest though, Ushikawa is more like Yuji Nishida scoring a ton of aces and stacking up points with incredible spikes.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jan 24, 2020 9:28 PM

Nov 2014
i swear these cliffhangers are gonna kill me one day

_MushiRock11_ said:
Hinata asking the Coach on what to eat was interesting to say the least, albeit an unusual sight for sure. I was wondering if Haikyu!! was going to change genres for a while, that of Shokugeki no Souma's for instance, xD thanks to how tense that whole scene was made but it was really nice to see the Coach answering in earnest. Shiratorizawa's coach, on the other hand, not even offering a place for him nor food is just .. as low as it gets, bruh. Soon, Hinata will prove him wrong and honestly I can't wait for that! It's coming together slowly and steadily, lads.

lol nutrition/diet is an important factor in sports
Jan 24, 2020 9:28 PM

Mar 2012
adbeaver said:

That last scene though, I wonder why Hinata was so shocked when Tsukishima called him out? Did Hinata thought Tsukishima is going to confess lol

Nah, it's actually the simple fact that Tsukki went out of his way to talk to Hinata. He usually never does that, so it took Hinata a moment to process that before reacting surprised as hell.
Jan 24, 2020 9:48 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
ttcchen said:
lol nutrition/diet is an important factor in sports

Well, of course, but I didn't expect it to be so dramatic lol.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jan 24, 2020 10:14 PM

Jun 2012
Hinata is really a monster in a sense. He's just really unfortunate not to be educated that early.

But what I'm more excited about is what's going on with the All-Japan youth. Seems to be intense as expected.
Jan 24, 2020 10:20 PM
Apr 2016
Hinata is progressing! That's very nice.
Jan 24, 2020 10:31 PM

Jun 2014
Even if he's simply just the ball boy, Hinata is growing and finding ways to improve his game.

It was nice to get a look at things on Kageyama's side, even if it wasn't for very long.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jan 24, 2020 10:44 PM
Sep 2008
i had tears from laughing so much XDDD i totaly forgot how hinata is like XD
Jan 25, 2020 12:17 AM

Aug 2012
PurpleGirl203 said:
AvihayAnimes said:

Easy there. I can understand how you feel, but remember that Hinata went there uninvited and it's not like he'll get free hospitality. You can't expect go to someone's practice uninvited and receive a meal like it's alright for you to be there. That's not how it works ^^; But of course the gramps should feel worried about Hinata and be more considerate.

I don't know what cold country you are from, but in my country there is no way a kid will come to work for us like a slave and not even get to eat. we would have treated him like a human being and give him food.
Jan 25, 2020 2:43 AM

Oct 2018
AvihayAnimes said:
in my country there is no way a kid will come to work for us like a slave and not even get to eat. we would have treated him like a human being and give him food.

It's not like Coach Washijo is forcing him to stay and pick up balls all day, he made that choice himself. If he's not fine with it he can simply leave. Hinata is not complaining in the least about the way he is treated because he realized that crashing the camp uninvited was really wrong of him.
Besides, giving lodging and food to someone who wasn't invited to the training camp in the first place would set a really bad precedent.
Coach Washijo may have been harsh and cold, but he's still in the right.
Jan 25, 2020 3:06 AM

Nov 2013
Galadriel-san said:

It's not like Coach Washijo is forcing him to stay and pick up balls all day, he made that choice himself. If he's not fine with it he can simply leave. Hinata is not complaining in the least about the way he is treated because he realized that crashing the camp uninvited was really wrong of him.
Besides, giving lodging and food to someone who wasn't invited to the training camp in the first place would set a really bad precedent.

I agree, but also think theirs a boundary on top of that. Like shouldn't he have mentioned that outright as well before Hinata agreed to practise? It is still hard work, and travel to get home and there should have been some consideration for that even if Hinata was uninvited something even as "we wont cater to you, so be prepared to bring your own food and go back home" for example.

Then again Hinata stated that the day before he chickened out on the way home and got some fast food.. so he hasn't learnt if he didn't pack any food for his trip to the camp and back
Jan 25, 2020 4:05 AM

Oct 2018
Aqacia said:

Like shouldn't he have mentioned that outright as well before Hinata agreed to practise? It is still hard work, and travel to get home and there should have been some consideration for that even if Hinata was uninvited

Yeah, he definitely could have clarified everything at the beginning, at least Hinata would have known about it in advance.
Still, Hinata is not Coach Washijo's responsibility. He's not a member of the Shiratorizawa team and the coach did not want him there to begin with, Washijo doesn't really owe anything to this kid.
If anything, Hinata is Coach Ukai's responsibility, he should have been the one to make sure that Hinata had fully understood his position.
Jan 25, 2020 4:33 AM
Jul 2019
oh god we only got half a second of mamoru laughing LMAO. im so deprived of mamoru content rn please let us see and hear him next ep. so good to see hinata picking up things here and there through observation :" loved this episode
Jan 25, 2020 5:23 AM

Aug 2012
Galadriel-san said:
AvihayAnimes said:
in my country there is no way a kid will come to work for us like a slave and not even get to eat. we would have treated him like a human being and give him food.

Listen, I've watched the episode and i'm aware of that.
I'm telling you what I would be doing instead, there is no way I will let a little boy leave the court hungry after he helped us from the morning to the evening.
Ofcourse I will invite him for food and every one else all the court would speak up and give him from their own plate.
You wouldn't do it, but I would. End of story.
Jan 25, 2020 6:36 AM

Dec 2016
AvihayAnimes said:
PurpleGirl203 said:

I don't know what cold country you are from, but in my country there is no way a kid will come to work for us like a slave and not even get to eat. we would have treated him like a human being and give him food.

He is there on his free will and he's not a part from it, so he have to take care of himself because they wouldn't help him in that. Live I've said, he's uninvited. Cold country? Please don't go that far. If someone wanted to help him out by giving a snack, I'm sure someone would have done that, but they don't give a damn and turns their back and I honestly don't like to see that either :/ Hinata's responsible and will figure something out.

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Jan 25, 2020 6:40 AM

Aug 2012
PurpleGirl203 said:
AvihayAnimes said:

He is there on his free will and he's not a part from it, so he have to take care of himself because they wouldn't help him in that. Live I've said, he's uninvited. Cold country? Please don't go that far. If someone wanted to help him out by giving a snack, I'm sure someone would have done that, but they don't give a damn and turns their back and I honestly don't like to see that either :/ Hinata's responsible and will figure something out.

Just read my comment above.
Jan 25, 2020 6:42 AM

Nov 2013
Galadriel-san said:

Yeah, he definitely could have clarified everything at the beginning, at least Hinata would have known about it in advance.
Still, Hinata is not Coach Washijo's responsibility. He's not a member of the Shiratorizawa team and the coach did not want him there to begin with, Washijo doesn't really owe anything to this kid.
If anything, Hinata is Coach Ukai's responsibility, he should have been the one to make sure that Hinata had fully understood his position.

That's a fair point not sure why neither of them mentioned anything or had a chat, especially after Ukai knew how unwanted Hinata's presence was to begin with. Sometimes it feels like the coaches only half do the mentoring their meant to be doing for these kids, like when someone else written Kageyama instructions on how to get to the station but didn't consider if he could read it to begin with and most if not all of the coaches and teammates are well aware that Kageyama and Hinata aren't the smartest and have struggled with their tests...
Jan 25, 2020 8:45 AM

Dec 2016
AvihayAnimes said:
PurpleGirl203 said:

Just read my comment above.

Just what are you getting at?

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Jan 25, 2020 8:52 AM

Mar 2016
i really like that this season so far is all about Hinata, i mean he is the main character.

Kageyama failed set was hilarious
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Haikyuu!!: To the Top Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2020

176 by Jekkii1 »»
Apr 4, 9:04 AM

Poll: » Haikyuu!!: To the Top Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2020

69 by Jekkii1 »»
Mar 23, 4:13 AM

Poll: » Haikyuu!!: To the Top Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 20, 2020

94 by adbeaver »»
Feb 25, 8:59 AM

Poll: » Haikyuu!!: To the Top Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2020

107 by vit_ »»
Feb 18, 3:51 PM

Poll: » Haikyuu!!: To the Top Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 14, 2020

84 by Remotepaper »»
Jan 20, 8:44 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.