Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Attack on Titan staff is now working on the Great Pretender which is an original anime by WIT

Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
Jan 24, 2020 12:28 AM

Jan 2009
and we know original anime usually means higher profit margin for the anime studio since they are usually higher up on the production committee of their original anime works

some tweet that is relevant https://twitter.com/Bloodyredstar/status/1220548179957030914
Jan 24, 2020 1:15 AM

Sep 2017
deg said:
and we know original anime usually means higher profit margin for the anime studio since they are usually higher up on the production committee of their original anime works

some tweet that is relevant https://twitter.com/Bloodyredstar/status/1220548179957030914
so it is official that wit isnt doing AOT final season... im crying
Jan 24, 2020 1:21 AM

Jan 2009
zalapeno said:
deg said:

so it is official that wit isnt doing AOT final season... im crying

WIT can still do it but with different staff like animators though
Jan 24, 2020 3:50 AM

Feb 2017
Yeah, seems almost certain that Asano won't be Chief Animation Director for Season 4. Though that doesn't mean he won't be a character designer.
It does seem that the Great Pretender will take a lot Wit regulars though as the project looks ambitious and really important to the studio. I don't blame them, it looks fantastic and I am really excited for it. I just hope AOT finds good substitutes.
Jan 24, 2020 3:52 AM

Jan 2009
Tsarko said:
I just hope AOT finds good substitutes.

JC Staff meme intensifies lol
Jan 24, 2020 3:54 AM

Feb 2017
deg said:
Tsarko said:
I just hope AOT finds good substitutes.

Not gonna lie, part of me wants it to happen just to see the internet implode.
Jan 24, 2020 4:19 AM

May 2019
Tsarko said:

Not gonna lie, part of me wants it to happen just to see the internet implode.
My entire being wants to see it, the tears of so many who were so confident that AoT Final Season would be top rated lol.
Of course i would like to see it be adapted as good as possible because its really good, but it would be way more entertaining to see it be adapted by JC Slideshow.
Jan 24, 2020 5:52 AM
Nov 2019
My assumptions are, that another studio has already taken over and started working on it, as the release schedule is fall 2020 which is gonna creep around quicker than expected
Jan 24, 2020 5:57 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
I mean, it would be funny if JC Staff got it somehow, but then i remember that i'm an anime only and i also really dont want that since its been doing great personally.

I wouldn't be surprised if it's Production I.G tho and it would be ok if its them.
DatRandomDudeJan 24, 2020 8:28 AM
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Jan 24, 2020 8:15 AM
May 2017
Maybe it could end up being delayed. Season 2 took 4 years to come out. I wouldn’t mind waiting another year for the final season.
Jan 24, 2020 8:36 AM

Jul 2017
I really have to wonder why this season isn't for 2021. With how things look it would just make way more sense. The manga also looks like it could have a good 10 chapters left, if not more. Why does it have to be this year? Is it really that hard to give this series a comfortable amount of time for shit to get done? Is Isayama's new onsen really going to be that good once it opens up? Like, why 2020?

Jan 24, 2020 10:06 AM

Feb 2019
i dont mind waiting for 2 more years for final season
but please DON'T FUCK UP THE FINAL SEASON!!!!
Jan 24, 2020 10:47 AM

Sep 2011
Attackonfiller said:
I really have to wonder why this season isn't for 2021. With how things look it would just make way more sense. The manga also looks like it could have a good 10 chapters left, if not more. Why does it have to be this year? Is it really that hard to give this series a comfortable amount of time for shit to get done? Is Isayama's new onsen really going to be that good once it opens up? Like, why 2020?
poor planning it looks like, trying to conclude a anime with a deadline when the manga isnt yet finished can have some really messy results that lead to rough development, look at how gintama turned out, they originally booked the year time slot for Gintama° with the promise that it would be for sure he end of it all only for that to keep getting pushed back literal years and they kept having to find new time slots with progressively worse and worse production values as they couldnt keep alot of the same staff longer than they were expected till the seasons just stopped alltogether and they are doing some movie of the remaining chapters cause they basically wound up stopping midway into an arc since the manga still hadnt finished.

Shingeki probably wont be that extreme, but they need months upon months of planning for the overall production and generally planning out how long it will go, even if they do a split cour, its gonna still be a very crunch heavy production that will likley result in some shoddy looking aspects even if WIT did it. Thats probably why they bounced.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jan 25, 2020 2:59 AM
Feb 2018
-GilgaSmash- said:
deg said:

Production IG "worst" case scenario. Season 4 does not have a lot of big fight scenes so they will be fine

??????? wtf ? Did we read the same manga ??
Jan 25, 2020 3:09 AM

Jan 2011
Maybe I'll start reading the manga after all.
Jan 25, 2020 3:56 AM
Feb 2018
-GilgaSmash- said:
LA_REEMIGRATION said:

??????? wtf ? Did we read the same manga ??

What are you all on about? There is the fight at around chapter 100 and then levi's fight at 111 or so then the final arc fight but none of those are gonna be as costly as levi vs beast titan or levi vs kenny squad to animate
Production wise this will take the least money out of the 4 seasons

Animate a scene like Eren vs Warhammer Titan or Levi vs Beast Titan round 2, it will take more than 3 months, The first fight in Season 3 Part 2 of Levi, take 1 month to storyboard and 3 months to animate, just for this. There is a lot's of stuff after chapter 113, like the rumbling with colossal titans, and post-chapter 125.
Jan 25, 2020 10:53 AM
Apr 2019
I don't know what someone was talking about,,, looking at the manga, season 4 has the most difficult fight scenes.
It has Levi vs Beast Titan, which happened in the forest of giant trees, where Levi wasn’t cutting the beast titan but he cut all the branches of the trees and killed all the mindless titans there. That fight scene is more hard to draw as it has more objects, 3D movement and also,the thunder spears.

Then again, the fight between Eren and the warrior unit in Shiganshina and Eren vs Warhammer titan and Jaw titan was extremely hard to draw for Isayama, these scenes have too many lines,specially for Jaw titan.

Then again the rumbling, which is sure to be done through CG, animating 100s of colossal titan surely takes more efforts.

Surely it doesn’t have that much 3D maneuver actions but still season 4 will take More money than season 1, unless they fucked it.
Jan 25, 2020 10:56 AM
Apr 2019
I'm not worried, actually I want WIT to quit because they haven’t given full treat to AoT after season 1. It's a shame,
Production IG has earned enough money from AoT I hope they will do the job. Also, the casts from Season 1 alongside the animators working on AoT previous seasons should resume.
Jan 25, 2020 2:10 PM

Aug 2012
-GilgaSmash- said:
deg said:

Production IG "worst" case scenario. Season 4 does not have a lot of big fight scenes so they will be fine
Jan 25, 2020 3:08 PM
Feb 2018
NakolHira said:
I'm not worried, actually I want WIT to quit because they haven’t given full treat to AoT after season 1. It's a shame,
Production IG has earned enough money from AoT I hope they will do the job. Also, the casts from Season 1 alongside the animators working on AoT previous seasons should resume.

Money is not the problem, that's time. Production commitee of of attack on titan can finance the project easily. Time cannot be finance lmao.
Jan 25, 2020 3:09 PM
Feb 2018
-GilgaSmash- said:
LA_REEMIGRATION said:

Animate a scene like Eren vs Warhammer Titan or Levi vs Beast Titan round 2, it will take more than 3 months, The first fight in Season 3 Part 2 of Levi, take 1 month to storyboard and 3 months to animate, just for this. There is a lot's of stuff after chapter 113, like the rumbling with colossal titans, and post-chapter 125.

Levi vs beast titan 2 is not as costly as levi vs beast titan 1
And eren vs warhammer is not that action packed either. It's pretty short

NakolHira said:
I don't know what someone was talking about,,, looking at the manga, season 4 has the most difficult fight scenes.
It has Levi vs Beast Titan, which happened in the forest of giant trees, where Levi wasn’t cutting the beast titan but he cut all the branches of the trees and killed all the mindless titans there. That fight scene is more hard to draw as it has more objects, 3D movement and also,the thunder spears.

Then again, the fight between Eren and the warrior unit in Shiganshina and Eren vs Warhammer titan and Jaw titan was extremely hard to draw for Isayama, these scenes have too many lines,specially for Jaw titan.

Then again the rumbling, which is sure to be done through CG, animating 100s of colossal titan surely takes more efforts.

Surely it doesn’t have that much 3D maneuver actions but still season 4 will take More money than season 1, unless they fucked it.

I agree with you on this.
Jan 25, 2020 5:28 PM

Mar 2016
-GilgaSmash- said:
sim0n2170 said:

Not as hard to animate as levi vs beast titan from s3p2 or levi vs kenny squad
How do you know? Before s3p1 no one would have thought the levi vs kenny squad chase would be so well animated. They could add so much to the fight and action sequences from the manga to the anime and make it look amazing, there is so much potential in these fights to make them the best we've seen instead of making them 1:1 with the manga (not that they weren't great in manga)
Jan 26, 2020 5:39 AM
Jan 2020
I wouldn't mind waiting, for even a year, but S4 should be done properly. After doing every Season so great every single time, messing up Last Season would be just tragic. I hope it's only Wit Studio who does it, any other studio have high chances of messing up, given the action scenes in the series
Jan 26, 2020 5:41 AM

Jan 2009
Centipede_Ghoul said:
I wouldn't mind waiting, for even a year, but S4 should be done properly. After doing every Season so great every single time, messing up Last Season would be just tragic. I hope it's only Wit Studio who does it, any other studio have high chances of messing up, given the action scenes in the series

WIT can still do it but with different staff like animators so that is like the same as changing studios lol
Jan 26, 2020 5:51 AM

Jan 2010
I don't mind waiting as long as they do it right. They can't mess up. THEY JUST CAN'T.
Jan 26, 2020 11:58 AM
Mar 2018
What the fuck are you crying about, there is no confirmation of WIT dropping the Attack on Titan, in fact, it is not very likely. Just use your fucking mind. Firstly, they can very possibly delay Attack on Titan, and Great Pretender may not even be the main reason behind it. The manga is not over yet. Maybe they won't have all the material in time. Secondly, Great Pretender may not affect Attack on Titan's production at all. They are premiering on two different seasons. WIT has half of the year to make Great Pretender, and half of the year to make Attack on Titan. There is no reason to panic.
Jan 26, 2020 12:25 PM
Jan 2019
malinoski554 said:
What the fuck are you crying about, there is no confirmation of WIT dropping the Attack on Titan, in fact, it is not very likely. Just use your fucking mind. Firstly, they can very possibly delay Attack on Titan, and Great Pretender may not even be the main reason behind it. The manga is not over yet. Maybe they won't have all the material in time. Secondly, Great Pretender may not affect Attack on Titan's production at all. They are premiering on two different seasons. WIT has half of the year to make Great Pretender, and half of the year to make Attack on Titan. There is no reason to panic.

That's the thing, nothing is confirmed. Those are all possibilities and potentially not. And as we've seen in this industry, production committee's make a lot of bad decisions because money, which can affect any adaptation no matter how popular or unpopular. Optimism is the last thing most people feel when it's been proven time, and time again that anything can happen in these sorts of circumstances.
Jan 26, 2020 11:45 PM
Mar 2018
malinoski554 said:
Guess the fans just have JC Staff PTSD with how they carrying over a bunch of anime at the same time just to screw everything up. Flashbacks of Toaru, DAL and One punch man sequels...
Jan 27, 2020 8:29 AM
Nov 2019
Actually WIT have already produced The Great Pretender and it's first two episodes were already screened. They were just waiting for someone to license or and when NETFLIX did they announced the release date for series.
Isean2000Jan 27, 2020 8:32 AM
Jan 27, 2020 11:16 AM

Jan 2009
malinoski554 said:

Isean2000 said:
Actually WIT have already produced The Great Pretender and it's first two episodes were already screened. They were just waiting for someone to license or and when NETFLIX did they announced the release date for series.

lol it takes at least 2 months to animate a good episode

source

Sometimes, a really ambitious show will allot 3 months or more of production to each episode, but that's not the norm for most anime. For an average TV series (though again this is by no means definitive) each team will start with two months or more to complete each episode, but after a few episodes schedule creep sets in, and start date will slip later and later. Some episodes will get seven weeks. Then six. There are times when whole episodes are produced in as little as four or five weeks. With digital animation, it's getting easier to cover up quick-and-shoddy animation with effects like lighting, mist, different coloring, and impressive-looking CG layers that are cleverly re-positioned and re-rendered from earlier episodes. https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/answerman/2018-03-16/.129066

thats why anime production usually takes around 2-3 years overall to complete
source https://twitter.com/PAWORKS_eng/status/1116720485113290752
Jan 30, 2020 12:04 AM
Oct 2018
I'm just praying that production ig takes over.
Feb 7, 2020 10:33 AM
Jan 2020
malinoski554 said:
I wish all people were as good as you and me with their brains. There's nothing confirmation about wit Studio dropping the final Season, yet people have already started crying
Feb 7, 2020 5:25 PM
Feb 2019
i don't know anything about the fourth season, but god i'm going to be so sad if it gets ruined. maybe i should continue reading the manga.
Feb 9, 2020 9:43 PM
Jun 2019
WHYisGAMORA said:
malinoski554 said:
I wish all people were as good as you and me with their brains. There's nothing confirmation about wit Studio dropping the final Season, yet people have already started crying

Though its very likely they will since its pretty well known that WIT doesn't make any money on attack on titan.
Feb 26, 2020 3:23 AM
Jul 2016
sonkun911 said:
WHYisGAMORA said:

Though its very likely they will since its pretty well known that WIT doesn't make any money on attack on titan.

yeah and i'm not sad that wit won't work on it though in fact maybe that's better for the animators since the schedule was stressful for them and great pretender might having better schedule than AOT lol which i won't blame the animators here it's their choice after all
Feb 26, 2020 3:24 AM

Jan 2013
Oh the memes will be glorious when JC Staff or Deen pick this up lol
Feb 26, 2020 3:25 AM
Jul 2016
CondemneDio said:
Oh the memes will be glorious when JC Staff or Deen pick this up lol

or MAPPA (Granblue Fantasy S2)

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 7, 2021

513 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Apr 13, 8:01 AM

» Isayama: The Perfect Architect ( 1 2 )

Mikasa - Mar 29, 2021

65 by benisfroms »»
Apr 10, 8:21 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Jan 10, 2021

986 by Jasmin061011 »»
Apr 2, 8:12 AM

» Falco and Gabi…

Arddaa52 - Jul 25, 2021

20 by Adrena »»
Mar 27, 6:50 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Koito91 - Mar 28, 2021

690 by Apreggi »»
Mar 23, 11:07 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.