Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jan 23, 2020 4:00 PM
Jul 2018
When you're listening to songs in your favorite genre or any genre in general, do you tend to listen to the well known people in that area, the ones with a smaller following, or both?

For me, I used to listen to the popular hip hop artists like Kanye, Travis, and etc but their songs don't interest me as much anymore so I found myself listening more to the artists who have a smaller following like Tiny Meat Gang
Jan 23, 2020 7:24 PM
ᴛʜʀᴇᴀᴅ★ʀᴇᴀᴘᴇʀ

Dec 2018
I don't really listen to "mainstream" music that much, just mainly anime/video game soundtracks lol

Otherwise, I like some artists, either big or small—one of my favorite artists is MARINA (formally known as Marina and the Diamonds).
Used to like Demi Lovato during my late childhood back when I watched Disney Channel occasionally, I still think her "rock phase" during her Disney days (songs like "Get Back" and "Here We Go Again") is still pretty good and she should stick to those kinds of songs
Jan 23, 2020 8:52 PM
Jul 2018
@Fario-P
Oh Marina is a classic but haven't listened to any of her music lol. It's a shame with Demi though because she had to transition to pop music because it sells better
Jan 24, 2020 5:25 AM
Jul 2018
I would say both. But the popularity of an artist does not affect the way I listen to an artist at all. The only thing that concerns me is if their music sounds good or not.

Jan 24, 2020 5:56 AM

Jan 2016
fullofhatred said:
I would say both. But the popularity of an artist does not affect the way I listen to an artist at all. The only thing that concerns me is if their music sounds good or not.

Same for me personally. I listen to "big" bands and small guys no one has heard about alike. I'm more conerned with how their music sounds than how popular they are. I never cared about the popularity of any band/artist I've listened to over the years - it's a silly factor to consider when deciding what to listen to anyway.
Jan 24, 2020 6:32 AM

Jan 2020
I tend to listen to a little bit of everything in the genre. There's a lot of hidden gems from smaller artists, for example, and those I've found that I end up enjoying the most (and also listen on repeat the most, too, haha.)

Basically, if I can jam out to it and it sounds pleasing to my ears, I'm all for it, regardless of how big or small they are in the genre.

"No letter that could be sent deserves to go undelivered." - Violet Evergarden
signature and forum avatar made by Memor!
Jan 24, 2020 8:04 AM
Jul 2018
Honestly I have no idea. If it slaps it slaps.
Jan 25, 2020 11:10 PM
Jan 26, 2020 2:56 AM

Jan 2017
I always gravitated to artists/bands who tend to make melancholic music. Of course I've listened to all kinds of stuff but music with a melancholic feel to it is my personal passion. I mostly don't care about the fame-level.
Jan 26, 2020 3:05 AM

Jun 2019
Mostly towards the bands and artists from the last century, especially during 60s-80s era. Don't have any hate towards modern music nor do I have that "Music is ded!" mindset, but I usually listen to some thrash, OSTs of games/shows and occassionally synthwave/lo-fi stuff out of everything that is being released recently.

ブレ
ブレ
ブレ
ブレ

Jan 26, 2020 3:22 AM

Jul 2016
Recently, I've gotten a lot more into low-fi techno music because it's good to have on as background music when I'm working. Someone I discovered just last week is Jasper De Ceuster, who makes some really good stuff.
Jan 31, 2020 6:24 PM

Apr 2019
I listen to a lot of music that kind of strays away from normal conventions, but usually, these groups have passionate fanbases or are "popular" in the underground music scene so it's hard to say whether I like what's popular or not.

I usually find new music by going down youtube rabbit holes that lead me to gems like this:
Estradasphere

大好き "I just want to be an ancient demigod loli"
Jan 31, 2020 7:32 PM

Jan 2017
I usually only listen to 1 or 2 artists in each genre I like

Alternative rock would probably be Les Friction or Star Set

Post-Rock would be Explosions in the Sky, God Speed you! Black emperor and if these trees could talk

Indie/Folk would be Of Monsters and Men, Radical Face, Daughter

Rap would be Zack Hemesey, Shahmen and Relapse era eminem

and more misc stuff would be Woodkid, MISSIO, Low Roar, SIAMES
Feb 1, 2020 1:35 PM

Feb 2020
Usually I find myself listening to bigger names in whatever genre or style. But I do have smaller artists which I like to listen to. It just depends on the musical quality, if the artist knows what they are doing - I would most likely listen to their stuff.
*nice signature*
Feb 1, 2020 4:20 PM

Sep 2017
I gravitate towards older music, but i do like new music aswell. I don't really fancy new rap/pop music, but some of them are not bad.

My favorite genres is Rock/Metal.

Here is a small list of songs that i like:
Riders on the Storm - The Doors
Hallowed be Thy Name - Iron Maiden
We built this city - Starship
A Silent Arc - Evergrey
Piano Man - Billy Joel
Space Oddity - David Bowie
Though the fire and flames - Dragonforce

Here is my playlist if anyone is interested in my taste: My Playlist

More topics from this board

» Currently listening to ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsukareru - Mar 29, 2021

7576 by RenaPsychoKiller »»
25 minutes ago

» Anime songs in your playlist

bevarnow - Mar 11

2 by Pengawas »»
36 minutes ago

» Mal spotify collaborative playlist ( 1 2 )

tsukareru - Jan 6

60 by tsukareru »»
Yesterday, 12:17 PM

Poll: » Avatar: The Way of Water or Dune: Part Two

AcbSnakeDemon - Apr 20

6 by alex889 »»
Yesterday, 1:16 AM

» What Are Your Thoughts On The Owl House?

Enderobot - Apr 18

6 by Enderobot »»
Apr 23, 9:05 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.